The "Help Me Appreciate This Name!" Thread

This is a name that doesn’t get enough love here on Nameberry. Sure, it has a kind of harsh sound, but so do a lot of names. It reminds me of a forest (probably because it looks like the word [name_u]Green[/name_u], which is not a bad thing). I think it would work excellently in the middle spot, or even the first.

[name_u]George[/name_u], please?

1 Like

George is classic. It’s an adventurous older brother, a wise old grandfather, or a sweet young boy. The name itself means “farmer, earth worker”, implying that the bearer is a strong provider, not afraid of hard work. It’s an everyman’s name: a doctor, a lawyer, an office worker, or a stay-at-home dad. Overall, [name_u]George[/name_u] is a kind, strong name that will never be out-of-place.

Angelica?

2 Likes

@Paxramena [name_f]Angelica[/name_f] is a sweet name with a lovely sound! At first, I would associate it with the Rugrats, and then with [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m], but I have been seeing it quite a bit here which makes me associate it less with the show and the play. I know that not everyone is a fan of the name, but I really like it!

Please help me appreciate [name_u]Blair[/name_u](e)!

2 Likes

Blair/e is such a pretty name, it has a outdoorsy, adventurous and music feel to it. It is cutesy on a baby and professional and yet uncommon name for an adult.

Walter or [name_m]Winston[/name_m]?

2 Likes

Walter is a name I’ve struggled with loving for so long, until it clicked. This is a smart, kind name of a quirky boy. I can see it on a baby, a teenager, and an adult, and is just overall, and adorable, yet handsome name!

Sabrina?

2 Likes

Sabrina is so cute! I’ve always loved it. It has the right amounts of graceful and funky, and it works so well!!
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] is a name that can work on all ages and is easy to pair with middle names! All in all, it’s super adorable and i’d love to meet a wee [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] one day!

Trina (trih-nuh)?

3 Likes

Trina is such a lovely name, it gives in control and multi talented vibes. Also, my musical theatre student heart goes straight to [name_f]Trina[/name_f] in Falsettos so that’s a big plus from me. I’d love to meet a [name_f]Trina[/name_f] whether she be a cute little girl or your favourite coworker. You can’t go wrong with [name_f]Trina[/name_f].

Winston?

1 Like

Winston is an amzing name. It feels sweet and offers the nickname [name_f]Winny[/name_f]! It is very sweet and works very well on both a baby, child, adult and old man!

Otto (b)?

Otto is refreshing change to [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] or even [name_m]Otis[/name_m]. The o ending makes it quite versatile in terms of matching it with a middle name.

Jessamy?

1 Like

Jessamy is sweet! It’s unique and refreshing but not too uncommon to love. I adore the “mee” ending, it’s so different from most names! All around incredibly sweet name.

Sybil

Sybil is so underrated. It’s a gorgeous, almost completely unheard of name in real life. It’s simple but carries so much character and strength in it. Plus you could have the ultra cool and spunky nickname [name_u]Billie[/name_u]!

Maverick (f)?

1 Like

Maverick may have the connection to the male character in top gun but how many of her classmates cam hear their name and think of such a badass character. She’s sweet, bold and smart. She’ll have lots of cute nicknames and will surely be the coolest girl on the playground.

Gertrude/Gert

3 Likes

Gertrude is such a spunky, playful name! She’s quirky and fun. And the nn [name_f]Gertie[/name_f] makes it perfect for a little girl! She’s such a bold and clunky choice, and fits in well with all the other vintage/older names that are rocking Nameberry right now!

Patrick?

2 Likes

Patrick is a funny, cool and friendly kid. He’s got an array of nicknames and he has the association to [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] [name_f]Star[/name_f], and who doesn’t love him. He’s quirky and lots of fun.

Leopold?

1 Like

Fox is so strong and cool. It works with so many names! [name_m]Just[/name_m] imagine a clever, beautiful and happy fox strolling through a wood. It’s such a grounded, handsome name.

Annaliese?

3 Likes

Annaliese is sophisticated and beautiful and with amazing nickname potential! It brightens up the name [name_f]Ann[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f] without being over the top.

Willa?

2 Likes

Sutton is super sweet and unusual, I adore nickname Suti/Sutty. Reminds me of the saying ‘cute as a button’, so I imagine a beautiful girl, very sharp witted and funny, generally quiet but also popular with many friends.

Bonnie?

2 Likes

Bonnie is a soft, yet snappy name! I picture a strong girl who minds her manners. Also, the name itself is darling! So cute!! :grin:

Constance?

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Constance[/name_f]. I might be a bit biased though because it was my beloved grandmother’s name. It sounds strong and resolute, while still carrying a femininity about it. It has has good nickname potential: [name_u]Connie[/name_u].

Tucker? (Boy)

1 Like

Tucker is youthful and full of life. He is an energetic, joyful child who will grow up to be a kind, happy man. He’s strong, but doesn’t worry about ideals like being “tough” or “manly”. He’s carefree without being lazy. He’s generous without being naive. He’s your mud pie-selling, duck-chasing next door neighbor who takes your sister to the Homecoming Dance. Overall, [name_m]Tucker[/name_m] is nice guy.

Josephine? (trying to rekindle my love for an old favorite)