The "Help Me Appreciate This Name!" Thread

LOVE [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]!! It’s a beautiful classic that is old-fashioned but still recognizable. [name_u]Jo[/name_u] [name_u]March[/name_u] is the best namesake ever, imo. I picture a girl who is spunky, a little tomboyish, creative, and outspoken, as well as kind and fun-loving. [name_u]Jo[/name_u] and [name_u]Josie[/name_u] are lovely nicknames for [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]!

Juliet?

1 Like

Juliet is the perfect balance between frilly and grounded! It is literary ([name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]) but isn’t too associated with it because of its rising popularity. That being said it is still not that popular and makes a lovely choice for a little girl!

Dashiell?

A great sense of boldness and whimsy belie the gentle sounds of this name. A name with gravitas, yet a sense of lightheartedness. It’s very sweet, and it can suit any boy! For some reason, it evokes images of blue waves beating against cliffsides.

Sunny? (g)

1 Like

Sunny is a bright and friendly young woman! She is always eager to help others. The name is adorable for a young child but substantial enough for an adult.

Serendipity?

1 Like

Serendipity is a beautiful modern word name. It implies that everything will fall into place. Everything will turn out all right. Its similarity to other, more popular names like [name_f]Serenity[/name_f], [name_f]Sienna[/name_f], or [name_f]Serena[/name_f] means it won’t feel unfamiliar. Overall, it’s a beautiful word name.

Lemuel?

1 Like

An interesting update to the classic [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]! [name_m]Lemuel[/name_m] has an intriguing spunk and a friendly sound. It’s grounded and down-to-earth, perfect for a little kid or an adult.

Bee? (f)

1 Like

Bee is a really happy name! It’s so friendly and a nice, fresh version of [name_f]Bea[/name_f]! It can work on a cute little child and on a mature grown woman.

Fletcher(b)?

1 Like

Fletcher!!! [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m] is sleek, cool handsome, charming, dashing… all the good things! A [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m] is redheaded and freckled, run-in outside in bare feet catching frogs and building tree forts in the woods— you can’t go wrong with [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m]!

Phoebe?

2 Likes

Phoebe is such a cute name!! It can work on any age because it is cute and fun for a little girl, but still familiar and substantial for an adult!
When i hear it, I imagine a little girl having a lot of fun on the beach or some place else sunny!

Sonia?

1 Like

Sonia Sotomayor!!! Thats an awesome namesake. It’s also traditional, feminine without being frilly, and works internationally. And it does all of that while not ranking within the US top 1000??? It’s honestly such an amazing name (and it works really well with [name_f]Judy[/name_f] :eyes:)

Abraham with the [name_f]English[/name_f] pronunciation?

4 Likes

Ooh, I love [name_m]Abraham[/name_m]. It’s such a handsome little name that gives off a noble, loyal and peaceful little boy. He’d be the talk of the playground with such an outstanding name. It’s masculine but with the softness and gives quite lovely nicknames, [name_m]Abe[/name_m] etc.

[name_u]Valentine[/name_u]

2 Likes

Valentine is such a sweet name with a lovely meaning !!! I’d absolutely love to meet a little [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]! It makes me think of a sweet, studious, slightly dark academia vibe teenager. It could work on all ages and is really sweet!!

Jenna?

2 Likes

Jenna, I love the name! As a musical theatre student and all time dork it reminds me of the sweet yet awesome [name_f]Jenna[/name_f] from Waitress. It’s a cute name that can also be very professional. It makes me think of a hardworking, loyal, sweet and colourful little girl.

Jupiter?

2 Likes

Jupiter is such a cool name! I like how unique it is and I think it’s a very fun name that I can totally see on a little girl. I also really like how it reminds me of the planet!

Sofia?

2 Likes

Juniper is great! Whether it’s for a girl or a boy, it has a strong, whimsical feel to it; both gentle and dignified and strong and adventurous. It immediately brings to mind the tree and botanical connotations. It’s familiar but not yet widely used. I also like the look and sound of the name. (This is not necessarily a good or bad thing, but I strongly associate it with the fairy tale The [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] Tree.)

Salvatore?

2 Likes

Salvatore means “savior”, giving this name a religious or heroic meaning. The v in the middle is indicative of favorites like [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_u]Oliver[/name_u]. It feels vintage, but not bland. It’s also not far off from modern favorites like [name_m]Santiago[/name_m] and [name_u]Luca[/name_u], and [name_u]Sal[/name_u] is a friendly, approachable nickname.

Boudicca?

3 Likes

[name_f]Boudicca[/name_f] will always have the link to the badass Scottish leader in my mind and who better to think of. She was fiery, loyal to an end and completely amazing. [name_f]Boudicca[/name_f] will be the coolest, most loyal, smartest and most outstanding girl.

Josiah?

1 Like

Josiah is friendly and down to earth. It has lovely sounds (the ‘iah’ ending is wonderful) and a long history. It’s popular with parents today who appreciate these qualities! [name_u]Jo[/name_u] and [name_u]Josie[/name_u] could be cute nicknames. I love this name!

Persephone?

1 Like

Persephone!! [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] is the grown-up, more dashing version of [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]. Uncommon enough to seem unique but common enough to seem familiar, [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] has a mythological connotation as well as the fantastic nn [name_u]Percy[/name_u] or Persy. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], and it seems usable on a child!

Judah?

2 Likes

I absolutely adore [name_m]Judah[/name_m]! It’s one of my favorites. It sounds strong to me, and yet the a ending softens it up. It’s a perfect balance. I fell extra in love when I met an adorable little [name_m]Judah[/name_m] (brother of [name_u]Ari[/name_u] :heart_eyes:), and they were both the sweetest, giggly, slightly mischievous little boys. I also love that it’s familiar but not too common. It’s really the perfect balance of everything!

Help me love [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]?