The Jill Fan Club

[name]Just[/name] found this topic, or would’ve posted before! Must’ve been having a blind week, sigh.

1. say three lovely things about her
  • [name]Jill[/name] replies multiple times to the posts and follows up with thoughtful comments. Example: Um, in this topic, she had posted numerous in-depth responses! [name]Jill[/name] makes posting an Olympic sport!
  • [name]Jill[/name] is grounded and sane while some people (cough, cough, me!) post long, confusing, insane “things” (for lack of a better word!). [name]Don[/name]'t worry, the mental institution treats me well. :slight_smile:
  • In her posts, [name]Jill[/name] is both extremely tactful and hilarious! She tells people exactly what she thinks, but in a nice way, like “I like some of your other choices better,” and never gets annoyed at people for asking a lot of questions or making mistakes (which I do more frequently than most, I expect). All her jokes are so funny!
  • This is an extra one because I feel bad for not replying sooner! [name]Jill[/name]'s first name/middle name combinations are excellent! [name]Augustin[/name] [name]Charles[/name]?!?! That is the stuff of gods! :slight_smile: Also, she compliments other people on theri names, which is really cool.
  1. post your favorite name that sounds like [name]Jill[/name] (has to start with a “J”, be a form of [name]Julia[/name] - male or female, or it could rhyme with [name]Jill[/name].)
  • Hmm… I love [name]Julia[/name], [name]Julius[/name], [name]Jessamine[/name], [name]Juliet[/name]… but not [name]Bill[/name]!!!
  1. post your favorite name she ever thinks of.
  • Well, I love [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Flora[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], and [name]Jane[/name], but there are so many more! [name]Jill[/name] likes really awesome names!
  1. guess what city she lives in.
  • Well, I know she’s moving to [name]Boston[/name], but I was picturing somewhere in [name]Maine[/name] or [name]California[/name], near the ocean… or maybe Alaska, actually… random, I know!
  1. guess what her favorite dessert is.
  • I always pictured [name]Jill[/name] as the kind of person who likes the classic fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, maybe because of her love of classic names! But I could also see her as laughing over a carton of [name]Ben[/name] and [name]Jerry[/name]'s ice cream… a flavor with lots of fudge and chocolate that makes you feel good! :slight_smile:

You rock, [name]Jill[/name]! You are what nameberry is all about!
This would actually be great material for a book… must go ponder.
But bottom line, you are awesome, just remember that, no matter what anyone says to you! Indeed, I’m saddened by the fact that sometimes people say mean things to you, or anyone else on this site. Oh well! At least you know that you like better names than they do! :slight_smile:

Also, everyone else on this site is awesome too, and I always think of you when I flip through the file in my head labeled “People Who Are Beautiful, Charming, Funny, And Kind”. As you would imagine, that file contains a rather select few besides your wonderful selves. :slight_smile:

[name]Jill[/name], I’m so jealous that you were in the front row for [name]Julie[/name] Andrews! Amazing! UCLA has a book fair every year and I went a few years ago and she was there reading a children’s book, I watched her read it; and afterward you could wait in an incredibly long line to meet here, but I was with a group and couldn’t do it. But at least I was near her. I hear she cusses like a sailor, which actually makes me love her more!

Thank you for your kind words, it’s nice to see that you really can tell what I’m like! I worry sometimes that I come across a lot meaner on here than I am in real life… in real life, I’m not mean at all!

[name]Kristen[/name]- my anniversary is the same as yours! Except I’m about to have my 1 year, in just one week!

I thought I’d say a little more about myself, because I only talked about my appearance. Well, I was born and raised in [name]Orange[/name] County, [name]CA[/name]… not the cool part on TV, though, central [name]Orange[/name] County, which isn’t really very nice, except for the weather. My husband is from Pennsylvania, so I lived there with him for three years. We just moved back to [name]California[/name] on [name]June[/name] 10… I’m not loving it as much as I used to. But I came back so I can finish school. I just decided (after denying it my entire life!), that I want to be a teacher! I was planning to be a nutritionist, because I love vegetables and believe that they can solve nearly any health issue! But, I realized that teaching will be best for me. Not only do I love other people’s kids, but I love mine and want to have a few more, and it will be nice to have a job where I have the same vacations as them.
My husband, [name]Chris[/name], wants to be an author and/or animator. He’s going to be taking classes to learn 3D Animation, with the goal of working for a game company or Pixar someday (yes, [name]Dash[/name] form the Incredible was the inspiration behind my son’s name… although I try not to let people know that!)
I can’t decide if I ultimately want to live in the country with a giant edible garden and a cow and 2 goats, some chicken and a pond with ducks… or in a big city! I love both so much. Oh! Also, I’m vegetarian, since I was 16, and [name]Dash[/name] will be too until he’s old enough to make up his own mind about it. Some people seem to think that’s child abuse.
[name]Dash[/name] is the most gorgeous baby I’ve ever met! Lol, we all say that, right? People tell me he looks just like the Gerber baby. He has kind of a lot of brown hair that I style into a faux-hawk or a Skeezix type do. He’s got huge blue eyes! And he’s big! Not chubby, but he’s a big boy, he broke his clavicle on his way out because his shoulders were so broad!
[name]Ah[/name], ok, that’s probably too much information, but oh well!

[name]How[/name] neat!!! [name]Happy[/name] anniversary to you both :slight_smile:

LOL! That’s pretty cool! I don’t think I ever mentioned that. :slight_smile: I have such a hard time picturing people…I’m almost always wrong :wink: Very cool that you were so, so close! :slight_smile:

Woo-hoo! I’m so glad you joined the party, [name]Sally[/name], and I can’t thank you enough for being so sweet! :slight_smile:

Salifer: I think [name]Sally[/name] has a lot of wonderful qualities, but when I think of her, I think of the word “sweet.” [name]Sally[/name] is the epitome of “sweet.” She once thought someone’s old post referred to post, and her gentle reply broke my heart! She’s kind and sensitive, which was clear from the start. She’s also a smart cookie who realized early on that the Internet can often be hurtful and cut like a knife. [name]Sally[/name] suggests great names, and I love her name game combos! All in all, I love seeing the “Salifer” screen name, because I know the post is from a kind person with a big heart! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the information, [name]Lyndsay[/name]! [name]How[/name] cool that you’re back in [name]California[/name]! (I love it there!) [name]Dash[/name] sounds absolutely gorgeous, and it would be so cool to see his photo on Nameberry! I know I’ve said this one million times, but I [name]LOVE[/name] his name!

I work with children, too, and I taught at one point. It’s wonderfully creative, and like you said, the schedule is great! :slight_smile: I’m really happy to hear you’re interested in teaching. I think it’s great that your husband wants to work with animation. I can’t even figure out how to type with the accent feature, so computer wizardry was never in the cards for me. :slight_smile:

You’re a vegetarian? I wouldn’t have guessed that! You’ll be pleased to know that I think I had food poisoning this weekend from a high-quality chain that rhymes with IckPonald’s. :slight_smile: I [name]LOVE[/name] my veggies, though! :slight_smile:

[name]Rica[/name], yep! I honestly have pictured you as [name]Rachael[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] Cooke! You must be absolutely adorable!

I about choked on my water when I read “IckPondald’s”…HILARIOUS! :slight_smile:
and thanks for the compliment!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

So, I feel like I can finally join The [name]Jill[/name] [name]Fan[/name] Club. Everyday I read her posts but never got to post back and forth with her until today. (Is it weird that I felt really honored that she replied to my post?) Thank you already [name]Jill[/name] for all of the great suggestions and comments on my little list:)

1. say three lovely things about her…a) She is like the extremely nice version of [name]Simon[/name] for Nameberry…says what everybody else is thinking but can’t think of a nice, tactful way to say it. b) [name]Jill[/name] is so quick to respond…I love that on off days when I’m being lazy in front of the computer. c) She gives such great suggestions…nothing generic.

2. post your favorite name that sounds like [name]Jill[/name] (has to start with a “J”, be a form of [name]Julia[/name] - male or female, or it could rhyme with [name]Jill[/name].)

[name]Juliet[/name]

1. post your favorite name she ever thinks of.

Right now…[name]Aurelia[/name]:slight_smile:

1. guess what city she lives in.

I always thought upstate NY. Can’t figure out the city, though.

1. guess what her favorite dessert is.

Warm, ooey, gooey chocolate bread pudding. yum!
or tres leches cake. even better!

Yea! [name]Brooke[/name]'s here! :slight_smile: Thank you so much, [name]Brooke[/name], for those kind words! :slight_smile: You liked [name]Aurelia[/name]? Cool! :slight_smile: (And by the way, chocolate is a food group for me, and I’d love to spend the night in a [name]Godiva[/name] shop.)

[name]Brooke[/name]: I think today was the first time I posted with [name]Brooke[/name], but it was a lot of fun! I think she’s very kind and genuine, and I loved how she thanked everyone! I’m definitely a [name]Brooke[/name] fan, and I hope that [name]Brooke[/name] posts more in the future! :slight_smile:

Lol, [name]Jill[/name], of course I wouldn’t be happy you got food poisoning! That sucks!

He he… :slight_smile: I know I’ve mentioned this before, but I never, ever thought you were mean, not even for one tenth of a second!

Wow, how have I missed this? I’ve been out of town and slacking on my Nameberrying :slight_smile: I have to say my favorite thing about you [name]Jill[/name], apart from your naming acumen, is your memory. You remember details about everyone’s lives and it really makes this little community feel less virtual somehow. I sometimes wonder if you have some sort of spreadsheet to keep track of everyone ;)!

I know it’s already been said, but I too appreciate your honesty. I think you have a sincere interest in helping people and I would imagine you do so in your “regular” life as well. I’m looking forward to your blog post!!

I am [name]Ailsa[/name], new to Nameberry, new to [name]Jill[/name], new to blogging new to the internet - though I have six teenagers who keep me on the right track (when they are not driving me demented). Please can I join the [name]Jill[/name] [name]Fan[/name] Club, it sounds such fun, and I love reading all the posts, you all sound marvelous people.

Three things about [name]Jill[/name] - she makes me laugh out loud in the middle of the night, she is endearingly honest, and anyone who looks like a young [name]Mary[/name] [name]Tyler[/name] [name]Moore[/name] has to be fabulous.

Name that is a form of [name]Julia[/name] - [name]Julianna[/name], often used in the Dutch [name]Royal[/name] family and the name of a girl I was at school with. (NB love the name [name]Julia[/name] - one of my daughters is [name]Catherine[/name] [name]JULIA[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]).

City she lives in - difficult as I live in [name]Wales[/name], but I will say Chicago.

Dessert - Key Lime Pie.

Have I answered everything? (because I am not very adept at the technology yet, I cant work out how to go back to the posts without sending all that I have already written into the outer ether). [name]Bear[/name] with me.

I forgot one thing - her favourite name - I haven’t read enough of her blogs to say that yet. Can I still join, [name]Jill[/name]? Can I guess a name you would like? Is it [name]Hazel[/name]? or [name]Briony[/name]? Can I still join please? I will tell you all about Welsh names if you like, or Scottish Gaelic ones.

[name]Ailsa[/name]
xxxx

Thanks for your post and kind words, Teabee. :slight_smile: I thought I replied before, but I guess it’s floating in cyberspace.

Teabee: Teabee is kind and warm, and she has an upbeat personality. I love reading her posts and suggestions, and I’m sorry that I’ve offended her in the past. (I apologize, Teabee!) I look forward to more posts from Teabee, and more shared laughter.

Awe, Miss [name]Olive[/name], thank you so much! I totally cracked up when I read that spread sheet comment, because at one time, YES, I honestly had written down a bunch of stuff! With repetition, I think I have the names down by heart now. :slight_smile:

[name]Olive[/name]: [name]Olive[/name] is seriously cool, and I love that she named her baby boy [name]Luca[/name] [name]Charles[/name]. [name]How[/name] cool is that? (Very!) :slight_smile: [name]Olive[/name] is kind to everyone, and gives extremely thoughtful suggestions. I love her name lists, her positive personality, and her charm.

[name]Welcome[/name], [name]Ailsa[/name]! I’m so glad you decided to join the party! I think Nameberry is wonderful, too (I think of this thread as a Nameberry fan site), and I know you’ll meet a lot of wonderful, kind people here. [name]Susan[/name] created this for me after I was kicked around a bit, but all is well now. :slight_smile: I’d love to know more about Welsh names (and the other type you mentioned, which I can’t see now as I type). [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Julia[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]? Are you serious? That’s GORGEOUS! Wow!

[name]Ailsa[/name]: I don’t know her well yet, but from what I do know, I think she’s fantastically sweet, warm, and funny. I love her honesty and openness, and am so glad she found Nameberry! :slight_smile: [name]Welcome[/name]!

I just had to concur! You always go out of your way to make things so personal and special. It always brightens my day :slight_smile:

Why did it take me so long to find this? Is it too late to join?

Thanks, [name]Jill[/name]! [name]Don[/name]'t worry, I wouldn’t say you’ve offended me–it’s just an occasional difference of opinion. :slight_smile: