The Quick Poll Thread! (Part 2)

I have considered that but the double Ls threw me off. I would def be open to it!!

1 Like

I do think itā€™s ā€œtoo wordyā€, but that wouldnā€™t put me off from using it.

3 Likes

YES! The skipping around and not loading properly are happening majorly for me. It is rather frustrating.

4 Likes

Yes! It has be SUPER glitchy. [name_m]Even[/name_m] on my laptop. Itā€™s usually a little glitchy on my phone or iPad but always fine on my laptop. I hope they fix it soon because Iā€™m not able to scroll up very far to vote on polls

2 Likes
very much in love with Theotime.

I did just find out that it is actually a real name that is very much not pronounced like ā€œtheo timeā€ but I really love ā€œtheo timeā€ so Iā€™m letting myself have this like we collectively let ourselves have EL oh wen.

just playing around with middle names; which of these do you like? x

• Theotime [name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
  • Theotime [name_u]Arrow[/name_u]
  • Theotime [name_u]Eden[/name_u]
  • Theotime [name_u]Reed[/name_u]
  • Theotime [name_u]Francis[/name_u]
  • Theotime [name_u]Beacon[/name_u]
  • Theotime Doubleday
  • Theotime Catcher
  • Theotime Seeker

0 voters

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

Unisex girl (based on suggestion :smile: )

• Carlisle [name_f]Lenora[/name_f]
  • Ramsey [name_f]Lenora[/name_f]

0 voters

• Jasper
  • Casper

0 voters

I go back and forth so often! Currently [name_m]Casper[/name_m] but I adore both

3 Likes

The [name_u]James[/name_u] Question

James was my favorite boysā€™ name for a very long time (over 10 years)
However, I took it off my list, erased it entirely a few months ago. There were a few reasons for this, but the main one was that I was badly bullied in school by a boy called [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]. He was my SOā€™s best friend for over a decade as well. Turns out as a kid, [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] went by [name_u]James[/name_u] - his middle name. [name_f]My[/name_f] SO heavily ties the name to him and he just hates the name because of it.

Iā€™ve been missing the name so muchā€¦ Is it wrong to put it back on my list, and bring it up again with my SO in a year or twoā€¦ [name_u]Or[/name_u] is it too far gone?

• Put it back on your list for now and revist at a later date - time may heal.
  • This is a very tricky and complicated situation. Iā€™d need more information to provide an opinion.
  • Itā€™s too disrespectful to bring it up again after your SO expressed very valid strong feelings against it.
  • I have something else to say here. (@ me?)
  • I have a suggestion similar to [name_u]James[/name_u] you might like! (I tested [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] for a while, but I donā€™t love it anymore. I love the nicknames [name_m]Jimmy[/name_m] and [name_u]Jem[/name_u] if that helps.)

0 voters

ETA: Sadly, [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] is out of the question. :frowning: I love the name [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] but itā€™s my partnerā€™s sisterā€™s fianceā€™s name.

Added an option for you to say ā€œitā€™s complicatedā€ :^)

It is really tricky. Sigh. I love [name_u]Jem[/name_u], but I fear itā€™s too short to standalone?

Surname is also quite short, and shares a lot of sounds with [name_u]Jem[/name_u]ā€¦ (6 letters)

1 Like

I donā€™t knowā€¦ Your SO probably knows how much you love the name, so they would most likely bring it up if again if their mind changes on the matter.

Maybe just [name_u]Jay[/name_u] as a full name? [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_u]Jay[/name_u] are basically the only two J boy names I like and they both give me similar vibes. I think you could put it back on your list at least as a hypothetical, but I also donā€™t want that to hurt you more later either. For me, most of the names on my list arenā€™t ones I would necessarily use on a child. In that sense I think itā€™s totally okay for you to display and admire [name_u]James[/name_u]. I love it!

Jemal, Jemiah, and Jemmy :heart_eyes: are other alternatives.

I think itā€™s okay to put it back on your list, while acting as if you wonā€™t be able to use the name with your SO because of his strong feelings towards the name.

I do love [name_u]Jem[/name_u] and I think it works as a standalone. Maybe [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] or [name_u]Jaime[/name_u]? [name_u]Or[/name_u] an international variant like [name_m]Seamus[/name_m] or [name_m]Hamish[/name_m]? [name_u]Or[/name_u] something like [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], ā€œ[name_u]Jem[/name_u]ā€?

3 Likes

Other than [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] ā€“ [name_m]Jeremy[/name_m], [name_u]Jamison[/name_u], or [name_m]Jemuel[/name_m] could give you [name_u]Jem[/name_u]! I do think it can stand alone, though!

exactly what I thought!!

1 Like
Is [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] overused?
  • Yes, and I donā€™t see the appeal
  • Yes, but I see the appeal
  • No, but soon
  • No, but I still wouldnā€™t use it
  • No, it deserves the attention its getting

0 voters

Itā€™s entirely possible that over time the association will fade away or be replaced by better ones. It also might not, but I donā€™t think you have to make a definite decision right now.

2 Likes

I just wanted to clarify my vote as Iā€™m out on my own :sweat_smile: I donā€™t think youā€™re a terrible person for considering asking again and I donā€™t think it would necessarily be disrespectful to do so, but I would personally advise against it.

Could be a stretch but how about [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] / [name_m]BenjemĆ­n[/name_m] ā€œ[name_u]Jem[/name_u]ā€?

1 Like

I think that the surname actually sounds really good with [name_u]Jem[/name_u]! imagine [name_u]Jem[/name_u] and [name_f]Juno[/name_f] as siblings :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes