The Quick Poll Thread! (Part 2)

[name_u]Rae[/name_u] and [name_f]Faye[/name_f] as middles for siblings?

• Wayy too matchy!
  • They are fine as middles

0 voters

on the same person? or sibs? or unrelated characters?

on the same person: too matchy
sibs: cool beans
unrelated characters: sure, why not?

Sorry, for sibs

1 Like

Which of these do you like best?

• Clarice
  • Clemence
  • Constance

0 voters

Which family surname in the middle?
  • Eli [name_u]Rice[/name_u]
  • Eli [name_m]Watson[/name_m]

0 voters

Which do you prefer for me?

• Marianne nn [name_f]Mara[/name_f]
  • Just [name_f]Mara[/name_f]

0 voters

same, I thought scrolling would work on my laptop but itā€™s still weird. not even usable on my phone rn.

1 Like

So, my post from last week has got me wondering: how do you pronounce the first syllable of [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]?

• [name_f]Roz[/name_f]/Rawz
  • [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

0 voters

Well here in the US [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is #40 out of 1000, so itā€™s definitely on the rise and moving up pretty quickly too, that said, I do think itā€™s a beautiful name and deserves all the attention itā€™s getting!

1 Like

I have always heard it as [name_f]Roz[/name_f]. I didnā€™t know anyone pronounced it [name_f]Rose[/name_f], thatā€™s interesting!

6 Likes

Iā€™m the opposite! :joy: ([name_m]Hence[/name_m] the poll.)

2 Likes
miata? (g)
  • yes!
  • cute
  • too cutesy
  • nice for you, not for me
  • like the car??
  • I have another concern (@ me)

0 voters

I say [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] as [name_f]Roz[/name_f], but [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] as [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

9 Likes

iā€™ve only ever heard the roz pn when itā€™s spelled without a d at the end. like roslyn? iā€™m not sure how itā€™s spelled, but iā€™ve always imagined rosalind with the rose pn.

3 Likes

I think I get the [name_f]Roz[/name_f] pronunciation of [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] from [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] as thatā€™s how itā€™s said in his plays

3 Likes

[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] for a boy?

• Yes!!
  • I can see it work
  • Eh, itā€™s not the best
  • No donā€™t even

0 voters

Would [name_f]Kleo[/name_f] or Khleo change your opinion?

• Yes itā€™s definitely changes it
  • A little bit but itā€™s mostly the same
  • No my opinion stands

0 voters

I figure, I donā€™t really like [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] for a girl (associations), but the associations go away completely when itā€™s for a boy. It has the typical ending that Spanish boy names end it ([name_f]Amora[/name_f]ā€“> Girl, [name_m]Amoro[/name_m]ā€“> Boy) so I think it could work! Thereā€™s also the actor Khleo [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] so that makes it a tad more wearable to me!

Better set?
  • Eden, [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u]
  • Eden, [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
  • I have a better idea (let me know)

0 voters

Iā€™m in a middle ground. I prefer the [name_f]Rose[/name_f]-pronunciation, but I seem to default to [name_f]Roz[/name_f] for some reason, unless I think about it and stop myself

5 Likes

Iā€™ve only ever heard [name_f]Roz[/name_f] irl with [name_f]Roslyn[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f]. I would go [name_f]Rose[/name_f] for every [name_f]Rose[/name_f]- name but those because of that.

2 Likes

four websites (not nb) list cleo as a boysā€™ name too. i googled after ellie managed to convince me to keep cleo on my boysā€™ list.

2 Likes