The Quick Poll Thread! (Part 2)

Nameberry Picks [name_f]My[/name_f] Top 10 (boys edition)!

Last Round

Please pick your favorite 10 names!

• Silas
  • Caspian
  • Wilder
  • Arlo
  • Callahan
  • Theodore
  • Jasper
  • Finn
  • Miles
  • River
  • August
  • Henry
  • Finnegan
  • Atticus
  • Forest

0 voters

I love when youā€™re the first voter on a poll, so all the ones you picked say 100% :joy:

25 Likes

heā€™s under 10 so probably doesnā€™t know about the famous one

1 Like

okayā€¦ [name_m]Cicero[/name_m]?

comments are exceedingly welcome
  • I like it, and itā€™s useable (read: use it)
  • Iā€™m kind of neutral, but it could be useable, yeah
  • I donā€™t like it, but you could technically use it, I guess
  • I like it, but tragically canā€™t see it working out
  • Iā€™m neutral about it but I donā€™t think it should be used in the real world
  • I donā€™t like it and I donā€™t think itā€™s usable (deal with it)

0 voters

Tbh, it feels more like a gp to me personally. But I like the history behind it, and I canā€™t think of any reason not to use it. So, sure! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Marcus [name_m]Tullius[/name_m] [name_m]Cicero[/name_m], a late [name_m]Roman[/name_m] politician who wrote a lot of really influential political writings that are now so useful as historical sources!!

4 Likes

If you donā€™t mind the strong history, I think itā€™s usable!

1 Like

Tiebreaker!

• Morgana
  • Rosanna

0 voters

Can [name_f]Francie[/name_f] be a full name?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Somewhere in between (@ me with any other opinions)

0 voters

I donā€™t really like [name_f]Frances[/name_f] or [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] but I love [name_f]Francie[/name_f].

It could be, but itā€™s not the best choice, especially since it sounds like a couple of words (fancy and [name_f]France[/name_f])

4 Likes

Do you like [name_f]Francine[/name_f]?

4 Likes

Itā€™s okay, but I think I prefer [name_f]Frances[/name_f] if I would need a long name.

1 Like

I think it could work, but I prefer it as a nickname. What about [name_f]Francisca[/name_f] nn [name_f]Francie[/name_f] or [name_f]Francina[/name_f] nn [name_f]Francie[/name_f]?

3 Likes

Francina is cute! :blush:

3 Likes

It can be, but I prefer it as a nickname. I love that it reminds me of A Tree Grows in [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u]!

2 Likes

Glad you like it!

1 Like

How do you pronounce [name_f]Ada[/name_f]?

• Add-uh
  • Aye-duh
  • Another way

0 voters

I feel like most people pronounce it Aye-duh but I prefer the [name_m]Add[/name_m]-uh pronunciation. Sounds like the beginning of [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f].

Iā€™d go another route for an honor name, maybe something that sounds similar or has a similar meaning

2 Likes

If [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] can be, then so can [name_f]Francie[/name_f]!

2 Likes

I said it add-uh for years because of the ant from A Bugā€™s Life (realized when I was older that her name was [name_f]Atta[/name_f], not [name_f]Ada[/name_f]). Iā€™ve been conditioned by the internet to say ay-da, but I voted add-uh because thatā€™s how I want to say it.

Fun fact: I was deemed a troll on another site because I wanted to pronounce it add-uh!

6 Likes