The Teaser Game

[name_u]Future[/name_u] me, I do apologize for the bad handwriting. It’s probably pretty difficult to read.
No kidding. It’d taken him weeks to understand what he’d written. Which was kind of insane, considering he’d technically written it himself.

Next word: technically

“Technically speaking, we’re looking at --”
I tuned out with a groan. Whenever [name_f]Ava[/name_f] or [name_u]Teagan[/name_u] got like this, it was unbearable. And now we had a third person just like them!

Next: speak

“What nonsense are you speaking?”

Next word: nonsense

He rolled his eyes, then noticed us. “Oh hi!” he said brightly. “My name’s [name_m]Zachariah[/name_m] Juang-Blaylock, if you haven’t picked that up. But call me [name_m]Zach[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] mother, of course, doesn’t believe in the ‘nonsense’ that is nicknames, so don’t listen to her.”

Next: listen

[name_u]Mallory[/name_u] could tell that her classmates weren’t listening, and she would have been fine with that if they weren’t in a laboratory where people used dangerous chemicals on a regular basis. Then again, it would be her that ended up causing a problem.

Next: dangerous

“And let your mother know I allowed you to have a dangerous standoff with a sea monster? Hell no!”

Next word: mother

People passing by stopped to smile, wave, or sneak a selfie with [name_m]Friday[/name_m]. On the Isles of Misfortune, Jeudi’s mother was practically a celebrity.

Next: smile

“You can do it, mon chéri,” [name_u]Ami[/name_u] smiled at him, planting a soft kiss on his lips, “I believe in you. Now, I really must go.”

[name_m]Newt[/name_m] word: soft

1 Like

The fabric was so soft, so ethereal through her fingers that she almost felt bad about fixing it. Who had been its owner? What if the [name_f]Queen[/name_f] had worn it?

Next: bad

It was near impossible for dread to not bubble in Kitty’s stomach. She was unable to swallow back shame and horror…that inescable fear of being truly bad.

Next: shock

She glanced back at [name_f]Meghan[/name_f], who would have all but faded into the trees if it wasn’t for the very vibrant shock of purple hair.

Despite everything, [name_u]Basil[/name_u] couldn’t help but chuckle. For someone who tried to run a secret black market, [name_f]Meg[/name_f] sure was… noticeable.

Next: chuckle

[name_f]Abigail[/name_f] stared at the map before giving a weak chuckle. “Oh, come on, it’s [name_m]Saturday[/name_m] tomorrow. You lot know I’m Jewish.”
“Abby, you’re literally the only one of us who lives close enough to stop this,” [name_f]Lily[/name_f] said pleadingly. “Please. We don’t want another murder on our hands.”

Next: weak

“It doen’t help that this stupid human body is weak and useless!”

[name_u]Gabi[/name_u] rolled her eyes as Phina crawled over to Basil’s unconcious body and shook her by the shoulders.

“Give. Me. Back. [name_f]My[/name_f]. [name_u]Diamond[/name_u]. Status!”

Next: useless

It was useless, really, to pretend that nothing was happening. The teachers weren’t fooling anyone. Everyone in the school, from the youngest Year [name_u]Seven[/name_u] to the oldest Year [name_u]Eleven[/name_u], knew that one of their own had been murdered, and the killer was running entirely free.
Something had to be done, and I think we all knew what.

Next: youngest

1 Like

[name_f]Erica[/name_f] was the youngest and her two older sisters, [name_f]Giana[/name_f] and [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] always make fun of and tease her about it. She didn’t like being the youngest sister. In fact, she hated it. She hated the attention from her parents and all the teasing from her sisters.

Being the youngest sucked. Why couldn’t she have been the oldest instead of stupid [name_f]Lilia[/name_f]?

next word: moving

He ignored me and squeezed my hand, letting the blood spill onto the map and moving it until drops covered every corner.

Next: ignore

[name_u]Cordelle[/name_u] ignored every message [name_u]Theo[/name_u] sent him, thinking maybe it’d be better if [name_u]Theo[/name_u] forgot him after what he’d done.

Next: forget

I stare at him for a second. I know he didn’t really forget what happened a year ago, today.

Next Word: Stare

[name_m]Callon[/name_m] wasn’t sure what to say, so he just stared at the man. A series of dark tattoos crisscrossed his arms, winding their way up to his scalp until they disappeared beneath his curly blonde ponytail.

Next: disappear

“Come on, Is. Let’s just go away, make it all disappear. Our families, the temple. It’ll just be us, for a while.”

next: while

1 Like