The worst/most ridiculous starbaby names

There are all sorts of candidates for this category, I think. I have to wonder what [name]Jermaine[/name] [name]Jackson[/name], for example, was thinking when he named his kid [name]Jermajesty[/name]! And then we have [name]Audio[/name] [name]Science[/name], and [name]Moxie[/name] CrimeFighter (apologies to a poster under a different topic who loved this, but I think it opens the poor kid up to merciless teasing from future classmates), and whoever it was who named their kid [name]Pilot[/name]. And I just cannot get my head around [name]Gwyneth[/name] Paltrow’s [name]Apple[/name]. I guess it’s less weird than others, but for some reason it doesn’t sit too well with me. But that’s just me.

Who’s got some real stinkers that I couldn’t remember or didn’t know about? :slight_smile:

These are the “Original” Oddball “celebrity” kids. [name]Frank[/name] (and [name]Gail[/name]) Zappa’s: [name]Moon[/name] Unit, [name]Dweezil[/name], [name]Ahmet[/name], and [name]Diva[/name] Muffin. [name]Dweezil[/name]'s started out as a nickname, the name on his birth certificate was: [name]Ian[/name] [name]Donald[/name] [name]Calvin[/name] Euclid Zappa. He had it legally changed to [name]Dweezil[/name]. I would have flipped the [name]Ian[/name] & [name]Donald[/name] and nicknamed him [name]Dice[/name] (look at the initails then)!

[name]How[/name] about these–[name]Moxie[/name] Crimefighter, [name]Puma[/name], [name]Zeppelin[/name], [name]Bluebell[/name], [name]Reignbeau[/name], Pirate, [name]Rogue[/name], [name]Rebel[/name], Peanut, and [name]Audio[/name] [name]Science[/name]?

I think some of these people are looking for attention… aka [name]Shannyn[/name] Sossamon and her poor son [name]Audio[/name] [name]Science[/name].

[name]Jason[/name] [name]Lee[/name] and his [name]Pilot[/name] Inspektor (spelt wrong too!) take the cake as well.

[name]Moxie[/name] Crimefighter and [name]Fifi[/name] Trixibelle are pretty ridiculous as well.

As is [name]John[/name] Mellencamp’s [name]Speck[/name] Wildhorse… poor thing.

I’m just wondering why everybody seems to dislike [name]Pilot[/name] so much. I mean, yeah, I don’t like it either, but is it really that bad? Look at the top 100. [name]Mason[/name] and [name]Hunter[/name] are just two of several profession names that made the list. Why is [name]Mason[/name] okay but [name]Pilot[/name] is terrible? I just don’t get it. I think being a “pilot” is probably more desirable to most people than being a “hunter” or something. I know that if I had to choose between [name]Mason[/name], [name]Hunter[/name] and [name]Pilot[/name] I would choose [name]Pilot[/name] any time.

yes, combining it with Inspektor is kind of dumb. But they’re probably just going to call him [name]Pilot[/name] anyway.

Yes, it is misspelled. But [name]Taylor[/name] is also misspelled and nobody has ever complained about that. [name]Brooke[/name] is misspelled, [name]Skye[/name] is misspelled etc

Not trying to attack anyone, just wondering…

Good question [name]Lily[/name]. I’d never thought about the name that way, but you made very good points.

I think that the middle name is what kills the name. It’s hard to think of [name]Pilot[/name] as a legit name when the middle name is Inspektor, especially misspelled. All you hear is “pilot inspector” and the attention is completely taken away from the sounds in the first name. It’s hard to think of the parents’ intention as anything other than an attempt at a weird provocative cartoony name, rather than at an innovative name well suited for a child.

It’s true that when it comes down to it, [name]Pilot[/name] is not any more ridiculous than [name]Hunter[/name] or other occupational names. I think the differences come from the fact that [name]Hunter[/name] is an established name and people don’t connect it to the occupation. Kind of like when you hear the word flower, you don’t automatically connect it with flour, even though it’s pronounced the same. I think a name like [name]Hunter[/name] manages to be completely separated from the noun even while having the same pronunciation. That hasn’t happened with [name]Pilot[/name], and most people just see a guy sitting in a plane when they hear it.

This is just my personal opinion though, I’d be curious to hear what others think :slight_smile:

[name]Skye[/name] is actually not misspelled, but it is the name of an island of the coast of [name]Scotland[/name].

[name]Pilot[/name] is different than [name]Mason[/name] and [name]Hunter[/name], I think, primarily because it is out of sync with the rest of the occupation names (they mainly end with -er or -on sounds) and because it is still a popular occupation today. You don’t exactly hear people speaking of their father who is a mason, do you?

Of course there are people who work as a mason, plenty of them, I guarantee you. The reason i don’t hear “my father is a mason” is because I belong to what you could call the upper middle class. There are plenty of tailors around as well. I walk past their shops everyday on my way to university.

I know of the “[name]Isle[/name] of [name]Skye[/name]” in [name]Scotland[/name] but many people haven’t heard of it. They use it as a Nature/Word name and just add the E to the word “sky” because it looks more complete to them just as [name]Brooke[/name] looks more complete and feminine to most people than [name]Brook[/name]. So you could say it’s misspelled.

I’m not from an English speaking country and naming your child after a profession is actually forbidden in my country. I’m not used to people having last names or profession names as first names so they all sound ridiculous to me. But from the meaning alone I’d choose [name]Pilot[/name] over [name]Hunter[/name] etc anytime.

The reason why you think profession names that end in -er and -son are okay is because you’re used to them. They’re everywhere. But if you don’t consider that [name]Pilot[/name] is not any more ridiculous than [name]Mason[/name].

Point taken and agreed about the point about adding an “e” to a name to make it more complete.

However, no matter what class you are in, I was just speaking from MY experience that I don’t hear of people being masons, or using that term for their job occupation, very frequently. And tailors were not mentioned in my post at all, btw.

In addition, don’t assume that I’m “Used” to profession names ending in “on” and “er”. I still find them interesting when I see them, they have not blended into the name pool for me. And it’s just the majority of them [name]DO[/name] end in “er” and “on”, and the “ot” ones like [name]Pilot[/name] just stand out. Also the “on” and “er” ones mimick surname names that have been used for decades in the USA like [name]Johnson[/name] or [name]Porter[/name] (also an occupation name, mind you), and this is yet another reason why they are less “ridiculous” than [name]Pilot[/name] to me.
And considering them by name alone is a completely different issue- I’d name my kids [name]Doctor[/name] and Teacher then.

[name]Just[/name] my $0.02.

[name]Bronx[/name] [name]Mowgli[/name] Wentz takes the cake.

[name]Bronx[/name] [name]Mowgli[/name] may not really be the baby’s name, just what notorious prankster [name]Pete[/name] Wentz told the press, whose business it really is not.

I know that you didn’t mention tailors, but you did mention that [name]Pilot[/name] stands out because it doesn’t end in an -er or -on sound and because “pilot” is a word that seems to be used quite often. By talking about tailors, all I was trying to do was giving an example for a name that does end in an -er (-or) sound which is very popular but still seems to be a commonly used word. “sky” is a common word as well yet people don’t find it weird. [name]Just[/name] saying that you probably don’t find [name]Pilot[/name] weird because it’s a popular word yet rather because of the sound.

Look, I’m not used to profession names at all, so [name]Pilot[/name] doesn’t seem especially ridiculous or anything. All I’m trying to say is that if you took another look at [name]Pilot[/name] it would probably not be so weird anymore. It’s just that you’re in someway used to the sound of -er and -on ending occupation or surname names so that they seem normal to you while [name]Pilot[/name] seems strange. But when you’re not used to any occupation and surname names (like me) there’s no difference between [name]Mason[/name] and [name]Pilot[/name] or [name]Hunter[/name]. [name]Just[/name] that you’re kind of wondering why parents would name kids [name]Hunter[/name], it seems so violent. But maybe I can’t understand that kind of stuff because we don’t use those names in my country.

taylor hanson’s new son, viggo moriah. it sounds cool, but not for a baby. [name]Viggo[/name]? And [name]Moriah[/name] is a girl’s name!

[name]Viggo[/name] doesn’t bother me. After all, he’ll be a baby for a year, a toddler for three more and a child for 18 overall. He’ll spend far more time as an adult!

I just saw [name]Rebecca[/name] Romijn and [name]Jerry[/name] O’[name]Connell[/name] 's twins names and they make me want to hide in a closet and weep: [name]Dolly[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Tamara[/name] [name]Tulip[/name].

[name]Dolly[/name]? I don’t mind it as a nickname, but in full? Sheesh. [name]Charlie[/name] on a girl bugs me like you cannot imagine, why not [name]Charlotte[/name]? Oh heck, I’m renaming them: [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name] [name]Rose[/name] & [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Tamara[/name] [name]Tulip[/name], Nn’s [name]Dolly[/name] & [name]Charlie[/name] (better still, [name]Dolly[/name] & [name]Lottie[/name]!) Funnily enough, I have no issue with [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Tulip[/name] although tulip can be a bit jokey. Buried in third, it’s no problem at all.

Also I don’t like [name]Elisabeth[/name] Shue’s [name]Agnes[/name] [name]Charles[/name]. It sounds like an old nun’s name, honestly.

[name]Lola[/name], you just spoke my mind. [name]Dolly[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name] make me cringe. I absolutely can’t imagine someone having to live a life with nothing more substantial than [name]Dolly[/name] as a first name. It’s horribly nickname-ish. I’ve thought the exact same thing about renaming them [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Dorothea[/name]. I quite love these full names, so much that I wouldnt mind [name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Dolly[/name] as nicknames at all. Oh the difference having the possibility of a formal name makes…

Interesting post.

In my opinion, the worst is [name]Diva[/name] Thin Muffin Pigeen Zappa.

I could deal with being [name]Rumer[/name] or [name]Audio[/name] or even [name]Pilot[/name]. Like a previous poster said, I don’t actually think [name]Pilot[/name] is so terrible. If [name]Mason[/name] and [name]Hunter[/name] and [name]Piper[/name] can be widespread, [name]Pilot[/name] really isn’t that awful. And [name]Apple[/name] doesn’t really bother me as much as others. It’s quirky, sure, and while it’s not something I’d use, there are worse names out there. But [name]Diva[/name] Thin Muffin Pigeen Zappa? I could spend ages going on about it, but here are my primary complaints:

1. [name]Diva[/name] isn’t exactly complimentary.
  2. Naming your daughter “thin” could cause severe self-esteem issues, especially if Miss [name]Diva[/name] Thin Muffin Pigeen is on the chubby side. On a related note, don’t Muffin and PIGeen directly contradict “Thin”? I don’t understand it at all.
  3. Why would you even name your daughter something with the word pig in it?

But I must say, [name]Lisa[/name] Bonet’s choice, Nakoa-[name]Wolf[/name] Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa, rivals even [name]Diva[/name]. While I understand the desire to use a Hawaiian name because of Dad’s heritage, that’s a bit much. If the poor boy can ever spell his name, much less pronounce it, I’ll congratulate him.

[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Star[/name] sounds like a hooker name to me. Each name is quite nice, but together…hmmmm

I have little problem with [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Star[/name], seeing as how [name]Star[/name]'s her surname. They didn’t announce her middle but I’m hoping it’s a little more grounded to balance these two out. (but then, I really liked [name]Bluebell[/name] [name]Madonna[/name], so my opinion’s a bit out of left field!)

Oh my god [name]Lola[/name]! i never thought i would find anyone who also liked [name]Bluebell[/name] (madonna isnt my favorite). [name]Lola[/name] you made my day!

I think that naming your kid [name]Bob[/name] (not even robert?!) is pretty weird- they couldn’t come up with anything else?