The WriterBerries Thread

I would agree, but this particularly story I have no plans to publish— my published ones I don’t do accents.

I think it’s fine for yourself. I personally find written-out accents to be distracting (for example, I had this issue with [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] because the accents are sometimes written-out so thickly).

3 Likes

I just read the oldest project I have saved in my google docs, from 2015. I’m pleased to say that my writing has definitely improved lol.

2 Likes

If a mini project is what you need to inspire creativity and combat writer’s block, I say go for it. If you have writer’s block, just write something fun, even if it’s completely different from the task at hand, and you should come back with some fresh, new ideas.

2 Likes

Same here! Though just looking back from my writing in [name_u]March[/name_u] 2020, I get the same vibes…

2 Likes

WHY am I thinking about names for a character before I even have plot, personality, or setting solidified??

5 Likes

I do this too

3 Likes

@thatonewriter [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] has been my favorite from the start!

I think I’ve figured out my issue. I had a 7 hour drive back to school today where I spent a lot of time trying to figure things out. Really, I’m not sure if I’ll know that it’ll work until I start writing so…

3 Likes

@thatonewriter Personally, I prefer [name_f]Selena[/name_f] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]. Maybe because one means moon and one means sea, which makes me thinkg of waves and the pull of the tide. I also like the flow.

@SparkleNinja18 [name_m]Long[/name_m] car rides are the best for brainstorming!

3 Likes

I second [name_f]Selena[/name_f] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]! And as to the car rides, if I’m along for a ride, I will literally bring a comp book and myself (and a mechanical pencil. duh.), and think, even if only for a five minute ride. And write things down. This usually turns into me writing down random combos, but it’s fine.

I just made an entire chapter of two characters arguing, the characters that I actually need to argue!!
(fyi, my chapters all average between 600 and 800 words–this one’s 944–so it’s not a super long chapter/argument in comparison to other works, but I got so carried away, and happy that they weren’t getting along! And, it–not even trying–brought in some character backstory, and added more internal conflict! Yay! Andison and [name_m]Chadwick[/name_m] are now mad at each other!)

3 Likes

I’ve made myself a writing schedule. [name_u]Wonder[/name_u] if I’ll stick to it. I’m due to write 1,000 words today, which is pretty doable, but I’ve been having a very lazy day.

3 Likes

That’s such a pretty name! Nicknames I might go with would be [name_f]Selah[/name_f], Cici, [name_u]Lennie[/name_u], Selly, S.R., or Leeney

2 Likes

Hello, everyone! I’m a fellow WriterBerry and this is my first time on the thread :wave:
I’m [name_f]Maie[/name_f] if anyone didn’t know :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Good to see you here [name_f]Maie[/name_f] :wave: I’m new too. I’m trying to get back into my novel.

Are you working on a project at the moment?

3 Likes

Hello [name_f]Maie[/name_f]!

2 Likes

Hi, [name_f]Maie[/name_f]! What kinds of things do you like to write?

2 Likes

What are you working on, or what would you like to work on?

1 Like

I’m currently working on revamping my character for the main story I’m writing (which is set in the [name_m]Pacific[/name_m] Northwest, no doubt). I’m still in the process of revamping the plot too, so that’s fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Best of luck :grinning: What’s it about?

It’s about this girl who lives on [name_m]Friday[/name_m] [name_u]Harbor[/name_u], [name_m]Washington[/name_m], and her story greatly revolves around our local orca populations. That’s all I’d like to say for now :slight_smile:

1 Like