These girl names with our surname?

Hello,

We just found out we are having a girl! Our first child. I’m very indecisive, had a boy name picked out with no problem ([name_m]Henry[/name_m]), but not sure about a girl. Below are a few we are thinking of. Any thoughts which goes best with our Surname - [name_m]Novak[/name_m]. [name_m]Novak[/name_m] is quite a strong/hard name and I love the name [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] but it doesn’t going with [name_m]Novak[/name_m] I’m afraid. Any other tips what would pair well with our surname?

Louisa [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

3 Likes

I like [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Zoe[/name_f], swapped, a lot. [name_m]Can[/name_m] I also suggest [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] as a middle name?

1 Like

I think [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] is fine with [name_m]Novak[/name_m]!

I like [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m] :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m] is just darling!

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]! Both that and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] flow well with [name_m]Novak[/name_m]. Congratulations and good luck!

1 Like

I like [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] and [name_f]Frances[/name_f] best with your surname!

2 Likes

Frances, [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] are lovely, and in fact the only one I don’t think works perfectly with [name_m]Novak[/name_m] is [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] (definitely still usable though) - not [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]!

1 Like

Eleanor [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is my favorite!

Louisa [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] are my favorites. I agree that [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m] is probably my least favorite of the choices just because of the back-to-back /n/ sound.

Cute names! :heart:

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of your choices. They all sound nice with [name_m]Novak[/name_m] to me, including [name_f]Zoe[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] sounds perfectly fine with your surname, and that [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is more harsh next to [name_m]Novak[/name_m] than [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is still usable, though! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is [name_f]Louisa[/name_f].

I really like [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] and I think it goes just fine with [name_m]Novak[/name_m]! [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is wonderful.

I actually love the shared sounds in [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m] & [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m]

Louisa [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m] sounds fantastic!

If you love [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] though, I don’t think [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m] sounds bad.

Louisa [name_f]Mae[/name_f]

I think [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] sounds fine with [name_m]Novak[/name_m].

Louisa [name_f]Mea[/name_f] is elegant and beautiful.

Congratulations!
I love [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m] I think this name is really classic and elegant. I also think [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m] works if your really loving [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m] sounds fine.

Good luck

is it pronounced like the tennis player? That’s an awesome surname!! A softer sounding first and middle will balance out the stronger sounds. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m] is beautiful and also has the wonderful literary connection with [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] [name_u]Alcott[/name_u] :blush:

Louisa [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m] is beauitful! I think [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] works fine too :slight_smile:

Amy [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m]
[name_f]Leah[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m]

Hi there.

Henry is a beautiful name. Here are my thoughts on the girls:

Louisa [name_f]Mae[/name_f]-[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m] is amazing. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is so lovely. It’s a great balance of strong, feminine, vintage, simple & not over done. Cute nn options too like [name_f]Lulu[/name_f], [name_f]Lula[/name_f] & [name_f]Lola[/name_f].

Eleanor [name_f]Mae[/name_f]-I love [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] too! [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is far less over done, but [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is a wonderful name. It’s just like [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] in that it’s feminine, vintage & strong. And I love the nns [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] & [name_f]Nellie[/name_f]. It doesn’t flow as well w/your ln as [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], but it’s not terrible.

Frances [name_f]Mae[/name_f]-Another lovely choices. Again, the hard ‘n’ w/FraNces [name_m]Novak[/name_m] still isn’t perfect, but it’s not awful. [name_f]Frances[/name_f] is interesting & classic. And a little [name_f]Franny[/name_f] or [name_f]Francie[/name_f] would be so sweet.

Zoe [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]-I think that [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m] is fine. [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] is cute, but it’s not nearly as interesting as the rest of your choices. It’s really popular too. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is also popular, but it doesn’t bother me as much since it’s so classic. Same w/Henry, really.

Here are a few more that you may like:

Alice

Audra

Audrey

Adela

Beatrice

Cecilia

Celia

Cecily

Emily

Lucy

Mary