Thoughts on my boy combos?

This thread is slightly similar to my top names thread in the girls section, but my boy names are less adventurous. I feel like I have had the same combos for months, so I tried to make some new ones and add some recent favorites.

[name_u]Miles[/name_u] [name_m]Bruno[/name_m]

[name_m]Jarvis[/name_m] [name_m]Horatio[/name_m]

[name_m]Morten[/name_m] [name_m]Casimir[/name_m]

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Sailor[/name_u]

[name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m]

[name_u]Lionel[/name_u] [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]

[name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Salvador[/name_m]

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like or dislike these names? Why? Be as honest as you like. I don’t mind popular, dated or religious names.

1 Like

I really love your combos, they feel smart and sleek yet each one has a little bit of sparkle too!!

1 Like

Miles [name_m]Bruno[/name_m] - I feel very neutral about this, but the flow works!
[name_m]Jarvis[/name_m] [name_m]Horatio[/name_m] - I really like this one! I’ve always thought [name_m]Horatio[/name_m] is quite a cool, spunky name and I like that it means ‘timekeeper’, for some reason that just seems really awesome to me.
[name_m]Morten[/name_m] [name_m]Casimir[/name_m] - [name_m]Morten[/name_m] isn’t my style, however, [name_m]Casimir[/name_m] is unexpected yet beautiful! I love it, and it flows well with [name_m]Morten[/name_m] as a FN.
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] - SO elegant! [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is a classic, and it’s absolutely stunning when paired with [name_u]Sailor[/name_u], which is a delightful name.
[name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] - I’ve never really been able to get behind either of these names, but the flow here is really nice and both names have good meanings.
[name_u]Lionel[/name_u] [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] - This is my favourite, along with [name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Salvador[/name_m]! [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] is SO nice, I love grandpa type names, and [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] is probably my favourite of the bunch. [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] just reminds me of lions, which are one of my favourite animals, hahaha, which is a good thing!
[name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Salvador[/name_m] - I love the Spanish influence in [name_m]Salvador[/name_m]. Very elegant, and it looks stunning with [name_m]Orson[/name_m]. [name_m]Orson[/name_m] is an unexpectedly handsome name.

1 Like

These are great combos! Not all of these names are my style, but the combos all pair nicely and flow really well. [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] is especially amazing, and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] is so cool, I love the unexpected [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] with the more common [name_u]Owen[/name_u].

1 Like

[name_u]Miles[/name_u] Bruno - this is so handsome and stunning

[name_m]Jarvis[/name_m] Horatio - I love this. So unexpected

[name_m]Morten[/name_m] Casimir - intriguing and bold

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] Sailor - a bit rhymey and i find [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] a bit dull compared to your other names

[name_u]Owen[/name_u] Balthazar - nicely balanced

[name_u]Lionel[/name_u] Vincent-regal and charming

[name_m]Orson[/name_m] Salvador-handsome and bold

1 Like

Owen [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] really endears me to [name_u]Owen[/name_u], which is not among my favorites on its own.

Jarvis [name_m]Horatio[/name_m] is incredible! What fun! Stamp of approval there.

Orson [name_m]Salvador[/name_m] is a really even-keeled combo, both cool and cool-headed.

Morten [name_m]Casimir[/name_m] is also really interesting. I’d love to meet a little [name_m]Morten[/name_m] (I did meet a [name_m]Casimir[/name_m] about 2 years ago).

The rest are meh to me. If I met a [name_u]Miles[/name_u] [name_m]Bruno[/name_m] I’d think it was handsome (I do love both names individually) and has a good rhythm.

Overall, these are awesome new combos!

1 Like

My favorites are [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m], [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] [name_m]Vincent[/name_m], and [name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Salvador[/name_m]. So handsome!

1 Like

Hi there.

Here are my thoughts:

Miles [name_m]Bruno[/name_m]-This is a nice combo & [name_u]Miles[/name_u] is an okay name. It’s just so over done, that it’s not interesting to me. I really like the [name_m]Bruno[/name_m] part!

Jarvis [name_m]Horatio[/name_m]-I find this whole situation a bit heavy. [name_m]Jarvis[/name_m] just doesn’t have that pleasant of a sound to me.

Morten [name_m]Casimir[/name_m]-I’m not sure that these names flow that well, but both names are a bit quirky & unique. I like [name_m]Martin[/name_m] more. And I adore [name_u]Marty[/name_u].

Alexander [name_u]Sailor[/name_u]-[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is a strong handsome classic. It has lots of great nns too. Mainly [name_m]Dex[/name_m], [name_m]Ace[/name_m] & [name_u]Alex[/name_u]. [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] is kind of cute as a mn, but I don’t love the flow here.

Owen [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m]-I really like [name_u]Owen[/name_u]. It’s a great balance of rugged outdoorsy-ness, but w/a kind gentle sound at the same time. [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] just sounds like a dinosaur to me.

Lionel [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]-I want to like [name_u]Lionel[/name_u], but can’t get into it. It just sounds too geeky, & I like geeky names.

Orson [name_m]Salvador[/name_m]-I like [name_m]Salvador[/name_m]! [name_m]Orson[/name_m] is okay. I don’t know why I don’t love it. I prefer [name_m]Oren[/name_m].

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I’m glad your impressions are mainly positive.

@eileithyia, I love the Spanishness of [name_m]Salvador[/name_m], too.

@greyblue, I totally see your point about [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. I sometimes wonder whether it’s too plain for me, but then I really like the sound, the meaning and the versatile nature of [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. :woman_shrugging:t2:

@hyacinthbucket, I’m so glad you like [name_m]Jarvis[/name_m] [name_m]Horatio[/name_m].

@MichelleM, I’m actually surprised you find [name_u]Miles[/name_u] overdone! I agree it’s getting more and more popular but I only know one [name_u]Miles[/name_u] who is an adult man. Interesting point, but then again I’m okay with popular names. Thanks!

1 Like

I really like [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] or [name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Salvador[/name_m]! Super fresh combos of names.

1 Like

Miles [name_m]Bruno[/name_m] and [name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Salvador[/name_m] are just brilliant. The only names I dislike are [name_m]Morten[/name_m] and [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] and, to me, [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] feels stylistically different to the rest.

1 Like