Thoughts on my first name choices [updated]

[name]Gwendolyn[/name] (that Y has grace)- I love [name]Gwendolyn[/name]! So princessy and beautiful, and [name]Gwen[/name] is awesome.
[name]Marion[/name]- I’m warming to this one. Reminds me of [name]Marion[/name] Cotillard, the French actress.
[name]Evangeline[/name]-Not my favorite, but I see the appeal. It’s a ballerina name, very pretty sounds.
Tigerlilly (my family and I love this name and have nicknamed ”her” [name]Tilly[/name])-I don’t think this name is practical at all, but I kinda love it. If I were you, I would make this her middle name and maybe call her Tigerlilly or [name]Tilly[/name] but let her have a more “practical” first name to fall back on if she doesn’t like it when she’s older?
[name]Elaney[/name] (A legitimate variant of [name]Elaine[/name]; prn [name]Elle[/name]-uh-nee, all said softly, no hard consanants or vowels, do you like the way this sounds?) I like [name]Elle[/name]-uh-nee, but I wouldn’t instinctively know that was the prn. It’s fine, but I like the others more.
[name]Fallon[/name]-It’s nice. Has a sporty feel to me. Reminds me of horses.
[name]Ireland[/name]-I’m not big on place names, but [name]Ireland[/name] isn’t bad.
Diella (it is prn… D-ella; it is not made up, it is very old; it means ‘Worshipper of God’)-I like it, don’t love it, might get mixed up with [name]Stella[/name]/[name]Ella[/name]/[name]Bella[/name].
Siren (The S from [name]Selma[/name], the [name]Iren[/name] from [name]Irene[/name], named for my two grandmothers; Siren means the Singer and let”s face it ladies, it”s cool to be bad, I think [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Jill[/name] said it first) I like the idea, but I personally wouldn’t like for my first name to be Siren. [name]Just[/name] my opiion, though.
[name]Scarlette[/name]-I love it! But I prefer [name]Scarlett[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are nice though.
[name]Helena[/name] (nn [name]Enna[/name])-I loooove [name]Helena[/name]. Probably my favorite on your list. So regal and beautiful, at the same time cute and spunky.
[name]Mirabella[/name]-I also really like [name]Mirabella[/name]!
[name]Jemima[/name] (Could my spunky daughter over-come the sad connotations, this is one of my very favorite names!)-I like [name]Jemima[/name]. I think it doesn’t work as well in the U.S because of the syrup.
[name]Elizabeth[/name] (I know, so popular, so, so popular, but so, so beautiful; nn [name]Eliza[/name]) [name]Elizabeth[/name] is a perfect classic, and I love [name]Eliza[/name], which can also stand alone. What about [name]Elizabeth[/name] Tigerlilly, goes by [name]Eliza[/name] or [name]Tilly[/name] or even [name]Tiger[/name]? :smiley:
[name]Maisie[/name]- I like [name]Maisie[/name]! But it’s a bit cutesy to work past age 30 or so.

My favorites are [name]Helena[/name], [name]Gwendolyn[/name], [name]Scarlette[/name]/[name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], and Tigerlilly.

Boys:

[name]Carston[/name]-Not my favorite, but nice enough. Strong & handsome sounding.
[name]Benjamin[/name]-I like [name]Benjamin[/name]. It’s a bit ordinary for me, though. But, like [name]Elizabeth[/name], it’s a classic.
[name]Jasper[/name]-I adore [name]Jasper[/name]!
[name]Eleazar[/name]-Not my favorite. I hear “sleaze” when I say this name.
[name]Jonas[/name]-Too “[name]Jonas[/name] brothers” for me. I like [name]Jonah[/name] better.
[name]Gideon[/name]-I like this.
[name]Jesse[/name]-I love [name]Jesse[/name]!
[name]Gable[/name]-Not my style, but it’s ok.
Ashild-Same as above.

My favorites are [name]Jasper[/name] & [name]Jesse[/name]. :slight_smile:

The following are ”special” names; I would only use these names in special situations. I”ll tell you the special ‘sitch’ if it is relevant to the choice of name.
Ulicia (prn. oo-liss-c-uh, the soft oo like [name]Eulalie[/name])-Not my style, sorry. Nothing’s really wrong with it, just don’t find the sounds very pretty.
[name]Cammeo[/name] (I would use this if I ever gave birth to/ adopted a premature baby it means small, but perfectly formed)-I like this.
[name]Lila[/name] & Liat (twins names, yes, both L’s, but the sounds are different)-A bit close for twins [name]IMO[/name] but I like [name]Lila[/name] alot.
[name]Damian[/name] (in ten more years will everyone be over the horror movie many in my own generation have never seen? [name]Just[/name] to be clear, this is a boy’s name) I’ve never seen a [name]Damian[/name] horror movie. I like it ok, sounds a bit like demon though.

You have some very nice names! [name]Hope[/name] I wasn’t too harsh or anything. My absolute favorites from each list are [name]Helena[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name]. :smiley:

[name]Gwendolyn[/name] - I like it. The Y is fine.
[name]Marion[/name] - So pretty!
[name]Evangeline[/name] - Meh.
Tigerlilly - I would prefer it with one L, but it’s not for me…
[name]Elaney[/name] - I like the way it sounds, but this spelling makes me think “Ee-[name]LANE[/name]-ee”. [name]Eleni[/name] would make me think “[name]Elle[/name]-uh-nee”.
[name]Fallon[/name] - No thanks.
[name]Ireland[/name] - No thanks.
Diella - I prefer [name]Della[/name]… or Detta.
Siren - [name]How[/name] about [name]Lorelei[/name], which means Siren? Or even [name]Soren[/name]? I just don’t think this is a name a little girl would want to have.
[name]Scarlette[/name] - Why the extra E?
[name]Helena[/name] (nn [name]Enna[/name]) - Pretty.
[name]Mirabella[/name] - I’m tired of the [name]Bella[/name] names, especially this. It’s trying too hard.
[name]Jemima[/name] - Your daughter MIGHT be able to overcome the connotations, but in [name]America[/name], it’s always going to mean a “mamie” spokesperson for pancake syrup.
[name]Elizabeth[/name] - Why not just [name]Eliza[/name]?
[name]Maisie[/name] - Eh.

Boys:
[name]Carston[/name] - It’s okay.
[name]Benjamin[/name] - Despite popularity, I still love this.
[name]Jasper[/name] - Like it a lot, but Twilight might make this super popular.
[name]Eleazar[/name] - I know Scrooge was named [name]Ebenezer[/name], but that’s what it reminds me of. A grumpy old miser.
[name]Jonas[/name] - Prefer [name]Jonah[/name], it’s less “teeny-bopper boy band”.
[name]Gideon[/name] - Very nice, very underused, but probably teasable.
[name]Jesse[/name] - [name]Love[/name]!
[name]Gable[/name] - A combo of [name]Gage[/name] and [name]Cable[/name]? No thanks.
Ashild - [name]How[/name] about [name]Asher[/name]?

The following are ”special” names; I would only use these names in special situations. I”ll tell you the special ‘sitch’ if it is relevant to the choice of name.
Ulicia - would prefer [name]Alicia[/name], but even then…
[name]Cammeo[/name] - only has one M. [name]Cameo[/name]. It’s also a type of brooch, but it’s pretty in it’s own right.
[name]Lila[/name] & Liat - I actually like these as twins!
[name]Damian[/name] - people are over the horror movie now. If I heard this I would just think the parents had good taste, not “like the kid from The Omen??”.

[name]Freya[/name], my beautiful, wonderful, lovely friend [name]Freya[/name]!

It is so wonderful to see your gracious critique’s! Thank you a thousand times Darhling.

Blessings,

[name]Bella[/name] <3

I’m glad you like [name]Lila[/name], Liat and [name]Damian[/name]! :slight_smile:

Oh, [name]Just[/name] is not on my list! Because of the new system any ‘name’ that registers with the NB database will be treated as such, watch- [name]Just[/name], [name]How[/name]

Why thank you [name]Bella[/name]. <3

[name]Gwendolyn[/name] (that Y has grace) - I love this name, so graceful and strong, which I think is pretty hard to come across in one name! I picture a [name]Gwendolyn[/name] to be fun, kind and determined, the sort of girl not afraid to speak her own mind, but does in it in the most graceful way. As for looks, I see a fair haired girl, maybe a bit freckly, with delicate features, really pretty.
[name]Marion[/name] - I looooove [name]Robin[/name] Hood, so I think [name]Marion[/name] is great. I would imagine a [name]Marion[/name] to be hard working, but still up for a laugh, always coming up with good ideas. In my head [name]Marion[/name] has wavy brown hair, pale skin, and big blue eyes.
[name]Evangeline[/name] - Oh, swoon! [name]Evangeline[/name] is high up on my favourites list (: I see [name]Evangeline[/name] as courageous, witty and creative. Sort of like the protaganist in a film, if that makes sense. I picture someone really stunning and effortless with this name, with long raven black hair, tanned skin and green eyes.
Tigerlilly (my family and I love this name and have nicknamed ”her” [name]Tilly[/name]) - Ooh I wish I was brave enough to use this, just fantastic! I picture a Tigerlilly to be quirky and exciting. I would picture a Tigerlilly to be unconventionally beautiful, but the first image that comes in my head, not a bad one, is [name]Tiger[/name] [name]Lily[/name] from [name]Peter[/name] [name]Pan[/name].
[name]Elaney[/name] (A legitimate variant of [name]Elaine[/name]; prn [name]Elle[/name]-uh-nee, all said softly, no hard consanants or vowels, do you like the way this sounds?) [name]Elaney[/name] does have a nice sound, wayyyy too close to my own name for me to ever consider it, but pleasing all the same. With names that sound so similar to my own, it is hard for me to see someone, else so I just picture someone like me!
[name]Fallon[/name] - Not the ‘prettiest’ name on your list but pretty cool! I picture someone really popular with the name [name]Fallon[/name], someone who attracts friends like she is a magnet. Probably has pixie crop style hair, navy blue eyes and really thick eyelashes.
[name]Ireland[/name] - I don’t really go for place names, myself, but I quite like them on other people, [name]Ireland[/name] is one of the best place names out there, I think. I picture someone with the name [name]Ireland[/name] as a sort of mix between [name]Gwendolyn[/name] and [name]Fallon[/name], not style wise, but just how I have described them.
Diella (it is prn… D-ella; it is not made up, it is very old; it means ‘Worshipper of God’) - I really like this one, it sounds so pretty! I picture someone really exotic looking, olive skin, long brown hair with undertones of hazel and brown eyes. She would be extremely kind and generous and a bit of a dreamer.
Siren (The S from [name]Selma[/name], the [name]Iren[/name] from [name]Irene[/name], named for my two grandmothers; Siren means the Singer and let”s face it ladies, it”s cool to be bad, I think [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Jill[/name] said it first) - It is cool to be bad! I picture a Siren to have a really edgy haircut and a biker jacket. I don’t really imagine a Siren to be a bad person, just a bit of a rebel!
[name]Scarlette[/name] - I am not a fan of [name]Scarlette[/name], I just don’t like the Scar part, because it reminds me of the [name]Lion[/name] [name]King[/name], but its not a bad name. I picture a [name]Scarlette[/name] to be pretty trendy, fashionable and cool. She’s the sort of girl who doesn’t care what anyone else thinks, and she is probably quite opinonated.
[name]Helena[/name] (nn [name]Enna[/name]) - [name]Love[/name] this! Ha do I sound vain loving a name one letter off my own? Midsummer [name]Night[/name]'s [name]Dream[/name] is my favourite [name]Shakespeare[/name] play (: [name]Enna[/name] is awesome. But again, I get called [name]Helena[/name] a lot, so I’m finding it difficult to picture anyone other than me.
[name]Mirabella[/name] - ooh very flouncy, I like it! I prefer [name]Mirabel[/name], but that’s just me. I picture someone very elegant and a bit kooky, very sweet and lovely. She would have long ringlet-y hair, dark brown or honey coloured, and a tip tilt nose.
[name]Jemima[/name] (Could my spunky daughter over-come the sad connotations, this is one of my very favorite names!) - hmmm living in [name]England[/name], I don’t know how bad the connotations are, but I think [name]Jemima[/name] is a fantastic name! I am failing to picture anyone else but [name]Jemima[/name] Puddleduck though, but I think that is a pretty good association!
[name]Elizabeth[/name] (I know, so popular, so, so popular, but so, so beautiful; nn [name]Eliza[/name])- Oh I do wish [name]Eliza[/name] wasn’t so close to my name! I love it so much! I would imagine an [name]Eliza[/name] to be light hearted, reliable, honest and loving. She would have shoulder length hazel hair and almost black eyes, and naturally red lips.
[name]Maisie[/name] - I really like [name]Maisie[/name], so fun! I’m imagining a [name]Maisie[/name] to be really sweet and generous and fun to be around, she would have short curly auburn hair and blue eyes.

My favourites are [name]Evangeline[/name], [name]Gwendolyn[/name] and [name]Mirabella[/name] (:

Boys:

[name]Carston[/name] - really cool, seems fresh. I picture someone called [name]Carston[/name] to be quiet professional about things, but still knows how to have fun. He would have messy-ish black hair and grey eyes.
[name]Benjamin[/name] - a good classic, doesn’t catch my eye as much as the rest of your names though. I think of a [name]Benjamin[/name] I know, who is hilarious and sensitive and very lovely, neat brown hair and a great smile.
[name]Jasper[/name] - [name]Love[/name]!! Super cool! I picture someone really artsy who loves going to exhibitions and museums,. Probably has black hair, greeny-blue eyes and is really friendly, someone you never have awkward silences with.
[name]Eleazar[/name] - <3 [name]Eleazar[/name] so much! Only think I would fear is it sounding a little bit feminine, what with all of the [name]El[/name]- names about right now. NN Zar would be awesome. I imagine someone with a big personality and not a care in the world. He would have a mohican and an ear piercing. (Ha these descriptions are getting wild, sorry!)
[name]Jonas[/name] - I do think of the [name]Jonas[/name] brothers straight away, but once I get past that, I can see [name]Jonas[/name] being a nice name, but I do prefer other names starting with [name]Jo[/name] more. I picture someone a bit Spanish looking.
[name]Gideon[/name] - Ooh fantastic, such a neglected bible name! He would be witty and bright and caring. [name]Sandy[/name] blonde hair and brown hair.
[name]Jesse[/name] - So cool! [name]Jesse[/name] is a name that is really grwoing on me right now. I picture the [name]Jesse[/name] from [name]Gilmore[/name] Girls, ha I love that show!
[name]Gable[/name] - Prefer [name]Gabriel[/name], just don’t love the look or sound of [name]Gable[/name], sorry! I’m having a lot of trouble picturing a person with this name (not in a bad way, just that I can’t really think of a description)
Ashild - I think I read that Ashild was feminine, but I can see it working a lot better for boys than girls. [name]Ash[/name] would be a fantastic nickname. I’m seeing soemone very independent and wise. [name]Black[/name] hair, pale skin, grey eyes.

My faves are [name]Carston[/name], [name]Jasper[/name] & [name]Gideon[/name]

Ulicia (prn. oo-liss-c-uh, the soft oo like [name]Eulalie[/name]) - I don’t really like it, not really sure why, but the sound just doesn’t appeal to me.
[name]Cammeo[/name] (I would use this if I ever gave birth to/ adopted a premature baby it means small, but perfectly formed) - O names are so cool for girls (and boys, but for girls, they are extra cool)!
[name]Lila[/name] & Liat (twins names, yes, both L’s, but the sounds are different) - Does this mean you are pronouncing [name]Lila[/name], ly-lah? I think I would still get confused, but individually, I love each name, especially Liat!
[name]Damian[/name] (in ten more years will everyone be over the horror movie many in my own generation have never seen? [name]Just[/name] to be clear, this is a boy’s name) - I think [name]Damian[/name] is cool, I think of [name]Damien[/name] [name]Rice[/name], and I love him!

Oh, I love it! Thank you, many of your descriptions match my thoughts and I really appreciate how you critiqued!

Oh, I love you, I love you, I love you.

I think [name]Sib[/name]-sets are awesome, but I love my wide veriety. I want my warrior princess [name]Gwendolyn[/name] to have a ballerina sister, [name]Evangeline[/name], and a sexy sister Siren. I think [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Helena[/name] will all love their literary connections, and how each is so different. [name]Marion[/name] and Tigerlilly should get along- they are both so unique in their own way.

The best thing is it’s your name, your kids know that before it was on their birth certificate it was in your head; all my names have a point and a purpose. :wink:

Thank you Freckles, if we were in Kindergarten (with all the [name]Isla[/name]'s, [name]Olivia[/name]'s and [name]Scarlette[/name]'s) I would offer you my cookie and my eternal friendship!

Blessings,

[name]Bella[/name][/quote]

You’re very welcome! I happy to help out a fellow [name]Berry[/name] anytime. And I totally get what you mean about each name being special- all of my favorite names have a special reason why I love them, whether it be after a person I know or am related to, a literary/film character, a special place I’ve visited, etc. That makes them have so much meaning behind them! I just realized I never commented on your boys names, so I’m doing it now. As a forewarning I’m not as good with boys names, so I apologize if my comments here aren’t as in depth.

[name]Carston[/name] (We would call him [name]Rafe[/name], as his nn, mn [name]Raphael[/name], no I don”t want to name him [name]Raphael[/name], I want to name him [name]Carston[/name]; I would use both names equally) - Normally, I would say go with it for [name]Carston[/name] [name]Raphael[/name], it has a nice sound and feels fresh, but because [name]Carson[/name] has become so popular and is kind trendy at this point. [name]Carson[/name] and [name]Carston[/name] are almost identical. I really love [name]Raphael[/name] though and think it would pair nicely with many names. [name]Rafe[/name] is very cute. You’re pronouncing it RAYF right? Not RAF? I like the first better. I imagine a [name]Rafe[/name] being kind of laid back, fun to be around, but with an artistic/serious side.

[name]Benjamin[/name] - this is one of those names that has a lot of flexibility to it. [name]Ben[/name], to me, is kind of a jock- great at sports, popular, lots of friends, attractive, smart. [name]Benjie[/name] is younger, on an adult its quieter and easy going. [name]Benjamin[/name] is strong and handsome, an all around good guy. You can’t go wrong with [name]Benjamin[/name].

[name]Jasper[/name] - despite this names sudden popularity I like it a lot. The Twilight reference doesn’t do a ton for me (I’m a Twi-fan and Jaspers just not my favorite character, aside from [name]Edward[/name] I think [name]Emmett[/name]'s pretty sweet) but aside from that it’s a strong name that’s cute on a kid. [name]Jazz[/name] is a spunky and fun, [name]Jasper[/name] is fun guy with a lot of personality who’s also maybe a bit of a bad boy :slight_smile:

[name]Eleazar[/name] - this isn’t one of my favorite biblical names, as it feels almost too biblical to me. I would picture an [name]Eleazar[/name] being kind of serious, studious, but a very good person. But again, I think that’s do to it’s strong biblical connection for me. My other little issue with the name is that people might call him [name]Ellie[/name] which is feminine to me. [name]Eli[/name] wouldn’t be too much of a stretch, but I’d rather see [name]Eli[/name] come from [name]Elias[/name], [name]Elijah[/name] or [name]Elisha[/name].

[name]Jonas[/name] - [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Jonah[/name]? I feel like [name]Jonas[/name] is a bit too tied to the [name]Jonas[/name] Brothers for me, especially if you’re in the US. [name]Jonah[/name] however is fresh and way underused. That being said, [name]Jonas[/name] is a really nice name and it’s actually on my long list of boys names. Since I won’t be having kids for a little while I’m hoping the popularity of the JoBros dies down by the time I have a son so I can use this name! I picture either [name]Jonas[/name] or [name]Jonah[/name] being a strong but sensitive guy, well-liked, easy going and smart.

[name]Gideon[/name] - This is my favorite biblical boys name!! I think [name]Gideon[/name] is so awesome and so underused (probably a good thing, I hope it stays relatively un-popular!). [name]Gideon[/name] to me is a hip guy, fashionable, into music and art, spontaneous and fun, but also smart and well rounded with a good heart.

[name]Jesse[/name] - This is a “hot guy” name to me. I’m not totally sure why. I love this as a boys name, despite the long term popularity of [name]Jessica[/name]. I associate it with Uncle [name]Jesse[/name] from Full House (who I was IN [name]LOVE[/name] WITH as a child). But when I envision a name I see a surfer type guy, with shaggy blonde hair and a really fun, laid back personality.

[name]Gable[/name] - I’ve thought about this name before actually. It seems cool to me in theory, though it might make a better middle. It’s a good alternative to [name]Gabriel[/name] and pays homage to [name]Clark[/name] [name]Gable[/name], a great old Hollywood actor. It’s hard to imagine on a child, but I can envision it on an adult.

Ashild - I’m not loving this name, sorry :frowning: I noticed it’s got something to do with your maiden name, which is really cool, and it might work as a middle, but Ashild 1) sounds really feminine with the “Hild” ending and 2) [name]Ash[/name]-uld feels kind of hard to say, and 3) [name]Ash[/name] names, for the most part, feel kind of dated/trendy to me. However, I say on the most part because I think the exception to that rule is [name]Asher[/name]. It still honors the “[name]Ash[/name]” part of the name, but it’s biblical like many of the names you like, and it means “fortunate, blessed, happy one” which is a great meaning!

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!
[name]Lisa[/name]-[name]Paige[/name] aka Freckles :slight_smile:

Oh, I love you, I love you, I love you.

I think [name]Sib[/name]-sets are awesome, but I love my wide veriety. I want my warrior princess [name]Gwendolyn[/name] to have a ballerina sister, [name]Evangeline[/name], and a sexy sister Siren. I think [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Helena[/name] will all love their literary connections, and how each is so different. [name]Marion[/name] and Tigerlilly should get along- they are both so unique in their own way.

The best thing is it’s your name, your kids know that before it was on their birth certificate it was in your head; all my names have a point and a purpose. :wink:

Thank you Freckles, if we were in Kindergarten (with all the [name]Isla[/name]'s, [name]Olivia[/name]'s and [name]Scarlette[/name]'s) I would offer you my cookie and my eternal friendship!

Blessings,

[name]Bella[/name][/quote]

You’re very welcome! I happy to help out a fellow [name]Berry[/name] anytime. And I totally get what you mean about each name being special- all of my favorite names have a special reason why I love them, whether it be after a person I know or am related to, a literary/film character, a special place I’ve visited, etc. That makes them have so much meaning behind them! I just realized I never commented on your boys names, so I’m doing it now. As a forewarning I’m not as good with boys names, so I apologize if my comments here aren’t as in depth.

[name]Carston[/name] (We would call him [name]Rafe[/name], as his nn, mn [name]Raphael[/name], no I don”t want to name him [name]Raphael[/name], I want to name him [name]Carston[/name]; I would use both names equally) - Normally, I would say go with it for [name]Carston[/name] [name]Raphael[/name], it has a nice sound and feels fresh, but because [name]Carson[/name] has become so popular and is kind trendy at this point. [name]Carson[/name] and [name]Carston[/name] are almost identical. I really love [name]Raphael[/name] though and think it would pair nicely with many names. [name]Rafe[/name] is very cute. You’re pronouncing it RAYF right? Not RAF? I like the first better. I imagine a [name]Rafe[/name] being kind of laid back, fun to be around, but with an artistic/serious side.

[name]Benjamin[/name] - this is one of those names that has a lot of flexibility to it. [name]Ben[/name], to me, is kind of a jock- great at sports, popular, lots of friends, attractive, smart. [name]Benjie[/name] is younger, on an adult its quieter and easy going. [name]Benjamin[/name] is strong and handsome, an all around good guy. You can’t go wrong with [name]Benjamin[/name].

[name]Jasper[/name] - despite this names sudden popularity I like it a lot. The Twilight reference doesn’t do a ton for me (I’m a Twi-fan and Jaspers just not my favorite character, aside from [name]Edward[/name] I think [name]Emmett[/name]'s pretty sweet) but aside from that it’s a strong name that’s cute on a kid. [name]Jazz[/name] is a spunky and fun, [name]Jasper[/name] is fun guy with a lot of personality who’s also maybe a bit of a bad boy :slight_smile:

[name]Eleazar[/name] - this isn’t one of my favorite biblical names, as it feels almost too biblical to me. I would picture an [name]Eleazar[/name] being kind of serious, studious, but a very good person. But again, I think that’s do to it’s strong biblical connection for me. My other little issue with the name is that people might call him [name]Ellie[/name] which is feminine to me. [name]Eli[/name] wouldn’t be too much of a stretch, but I’d rather see [name]Eli[/name] come from [name]Elias[/name], [name]Elijah[/name] or [name]Elisha[/name].

[name]Jonas[/name] - [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Jonah[/name]? I feel like [name]Jonas[/name] is a bit too tied to the [name]Jonas[/name] Brothers for me, especially if you’re in the US. [name]Jonah[/name] however is fresh and way underused. That being said, [name]Jonas[/name] is a really nice name and it’s actually on my long list of boys names. Since I won’t be having kids for a little while I’m hoping the popularity of the JoBros dies down by the time I have a son so I can use this name! I picture either [name]Jonas[/name] or [name]Jonah[/name] being a strong but sensitive guy, well-liked, easy going and smart.

[name]Gideon[/name] - This is my favorite biblical boys name!! I think [name]Gideon[/name] is so awesome and so underused (probably a good thing, I hope it stays relatively un-popular!). [name]Gideon[/name] to me is a hip guy, fashionable, into music and art, spontaneous and fun, but also smart and well rounded with a good heart.

[name]Jesse[/name] - This is a “hot guy” name to me. I’m not totally sure why. I love this as a boys name, despite the long term popularity of [name]Jessica[/name]. I associate it with Uncle [name]Jesse[/name] from Full House (who I was IN [name]LOVE[/name] WITH as a child). But when I envision a name I see a surfer type guy, with shaggy blonde hair and a really fun, laid back personality.

[name]Gable[/name] - I’ve thought about this name before actually. It seems cool to me in theory, though it might make a better middle. It’s a good alternative to [name]Gabriel[/name] and pays homage to [name]Clark[/name] [name]Gable[/name], a great old Hollywood actor. It’s hard to imagine on a child, but I can envision it on an adult.

Ashild - I’m not loving this name, sorry :frowning: I noticed it’s got something to do with your maiden name, which is really cool, and it might work as a middle, but Ashild 1) sounds really feminine with the “Hild” ending and 2) [name]Ash[/name]-uld feels kind of hard to say, and 3) [name]Ash[/name] names, for the most part, feel kind of dated/trendy to me. However, I say on the most part because I think the exception to that rule is [name]Asher[/name]. It still honors the “[name]Ash[/name]” part of the name, but it’s biblical like many of the names you like, and it means “fortunate, blessed, happy one” which is a great meaning!

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!
[name]Lisa[/name]-[name]Paige[/name] aka Freckles :)[/quote]

It does help, hooray! I agree with you about [name]Jonas[/name], by the time he exists, or I adopt him, I really hope the Bro’s are in those “Where are they now?” articles. At the same time I’m somehow able to seperate the bro’s from the name, which I admit is a bit weird, but somehow my brain is dividing them, nice for me!

I’m beginning to question Ashild, thanks everyone, y’all are really helping me see the light of day here. You know, I always said I would never do the uni-sex thing and then I go and put a girls name on a boy, not good, not good- hypocrite, much?

Alright, so Ashild is out!

Yep, [name]Clark[/name] [name]Gable[/name], you hit the nail on the head, I’m an actress, no, no one you’ve ever heard of, and grew up on [name]Clark[/name]'s dimples and [name]Julie[/name] [name]Andrew[/name]'s voice- my parents were purists. :wink: Plus [name]Gable[/name] is a variant of [name]Gabriel[/name], as is [name]Gabrielle[/name], my name!

I’m glad you like [name]Carston[/name], I know some people find the name trendy, but I really love it- [name]Carson[/name] use to be [name]Gwendolyn[/name], can you believe it? Thank The Good [name]Lord[/name] I found NB and got some sense knocked into me! (granted this was back when I was 12 and I picked [name]Evangeline[/name] at 9, which has to count for something, right? :wink: )

Your list (and everyone’s comments on it) was so fun, I couldn’t help but reply! I don’t think my comments are going to be as thorough as most, but I’ll try!

[name]Gwendolyn[/name] (that Y has grace) — This is a name I’m planning to use for one of my twin girls. You’re kinda selling me on that “Y”! (was planning to spell it [name]Gwendolen[/name]). Anyway, this is a strong name to me. It’s a pretty and delicate name when it wants to be too. I just really like it and think it can go from super feminine to tomboy-ish very easily!

[name]Marion[/name] – I don’t see any problems with this name, it’s professionalism, or it’s image! It’s a familiar, yet under-used name, so I think you’d hear alot of positive feedback

[name]Evangeline[/name] — a beautiful name. I don’t agree with the people who said it sounds unprofessional or a bit too frilly/non-practical at all. [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Lily[/name] from Lost sorta brought the name into the spotlight and her character (what people know her by and probably most likely associate the name with) was a complex, but loveable character. I’d love to use this name someday! I think the huge amount of nn possibilities help bring it down to earth a bit if it ever does feel too frilly or whatever. The name on the resume might be [name]Evangeline[/name] and that may draw up images to someone, but when they meet [name]Eva[/name] or [name]Angie[/name] or [name]Lina[/name], they might very well get a whole different image. Also, accountants are great, but…well … there are alot of jobs out there besides desk and office ones. I read an article about how 'unique" parents who choose more unique names for their kids are often the type of parent who will make other non-mainstream parenting decisions. (I find this true for myself). In this vein, maybe your child grows up immersed in music and arts and chooses a more creative job than accounting? I also don’t quite understand people saying they would eliminate a person’s resume just based on their name (now, I can see it if the name is something totally made up or completely out there I guess). I just see this world getting more and more competitive and managers have choices! They are going to take their time interviewing and probably not just pick the safe choice (a [name]Jennifer[/name] [name]Smith[/name] for example) everytime. (ok done w/ that rant!)

Tigerlilly (my family and I love this name and have nicknamed ”her” [name]Tilly[/name]) – I kinda love this! I think it’s a little too borderline “out there” though and probably would not be taken very seriously as a name in the job market (yes, I’m kinda contradicting myself above!) but it depends on the field honestly. It’s such a fun name though! I think I’m kinda pushing myself to say anything negative about it because it is such a risky name.

[name]Elaney[/name] (A legitimate variant of [name]Elaine[/name]; prn [name]Elle[/name]-uh-nee, all said softly, no hard consanants or vowels, do you like the way this sounds?) - I think this would have pronunciation problems. [name]Elaine[/name] w/ a Y sound at the end was my first instinct. I do like the way the name looks though and I think pronunciation issues are something you can work through.

[name]Fallon[/name] – doesn’t seem girly at all, sorry.

[name]Ireland[/name] - It’s ok…doesn’t thrill me, but that’s my personal preference. I don’t really see any problems with it out in the workplace or other social settings.

Diella (it is prn… D-ella; it is not made up, it is very old; it means ‘Worshipper of God’) - I also see pronunciation problems here. I love the prounuciation that you give. D-ella is a pretty name and I love the meaning. Why not spell it that way? Diella immediately makes me say Die-[name]Ella[/name]. I definitely believe you that it’s not made up, but I think many will think it is and she may be lumped in w/ the “very odd, made up names, only call them when we run out of “normal people” resume pile” (assuming there is one!) lol

Siren (The S from [name]Selma[/name], the [name]Iren[/name] from [name]Irene[/name], named for my two grandmothers; Siren means the Singer and let”s face it ladies, it”s cool to be bad, I think [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Jill[/name] said it first) - I don’t have a problem w/ using this as a name. I like it actually. I don’t think I’d personally use it, but I picture a really independent, sassy, and fun girl w/ this name. People might say it’s not a name or it’s unprofessional, but there is always that one (or two) kid in your grade with the very different name you know? You need a strong character and personality to pull off a unique name, but I get the impression you can raise that kind of child!

[name]Scarlette[/name] – I like the extra E! I think think it adds even more romance to the name! My oldest daughter is named [name]Scarlett[/name] (no extra e!) She’s a very independent and intelligent kid. I know I’m biased, but I can’t see ANY employer ever choosing not to hire her just because of her name. (the name is less “out there” than some names on your list but I still stand by thinking that a name isn’t going to be a make or break for a job. People did tell me [name]Scarlett[/name] isn’t a professional name when she was first born, but knowing her now… I can’t imagine people not taking her seriously. Therefore, I think a person can change your opinion on a name!)

[name]Helena[/name] (nn [name]Enna[/name]) - love it and love the nn! It’s one of my favorite names in the world! My DH and I can’t agree on a pronunciation though, so it’s a no go in this family :slight_smile:

[name]Mirabella[/name] - [name]Gwendolen[/name]'s twin will be named [name]Mirabelle[/name]! I do think the “a” at the end adds a tad too much filliness! (and that’s saying alot for me). The bella ending also gets negativity from all the Isabellas and other “bella” names. I love all of those names personally, but they are way popular and [name]Mirabella[/name] might be incorrectly slotted w/ those names just because it shares the bella. I personally like how [name]Mirabelle[/name] stands a bit apart from those names (but that could be my bias). Also, [name]Mirabelle[/name] was a name used in the Middle Ages which I think is cool! Anyway, I’ve had long discussions about this name and how it would age. I did have issues initially, but the more I think about it, the more I can see the name (or nn [name]Mira[/name]) through all life’s stages…including in the workplace.

[name]Jemima[/name] (Could my spunky daughter over-come the sad connotations, this is one of my very favorite names!) – If you believe it, I believe it. I really don’t know what to say about this name. I don’t know if it’s time for a comeback though. [name]Even[/name] if your little girl overcomes the name and shines just as she’s meant to… would other kids just make her feel bad w/ teasing about syrup and aunty etc? You can believe in your child and know they are going to be amazing, but we can’t change other people :frowning:

[name]Elizabeth[/name] (I know, so popular, so, so popular, but so, so beautiful; nn [name]Eliza[/name]) - You can’t go wrong w/ this name!

[name]Maisie[/name] - I don’t see any problems with this name either.

Boys:

[name]Carston[/name] - I like it (sorry my boy name comments are going to be very slim! I’m a mom to 2 girls + 2 more on the way and I don’t give boys names much look right now!)

[name]Benjamin[/name] - love it! A classic, strong name that would be a great choice.

[name]Jasper[/name] - I like it, but it feels a bit trendy for me–not a classic sounding name. It seems more new…but that can be good too! We need a mix of edgy and classic names.

[name]Eleazar[/name] - my first impression is that it’s a bit feminine

[name]Jonas[/name] - I can see this working for sure. It definitely needs a few more years to get rid of
the “Brothers” first though. I like the name alot and it’s on my boys list. Let’s see… Nsync was about 10 years ago? can people still name all members now? Can they name more than 2 songs? If not, I think 10 years is good :slight_smile:

[name]Gideon[/name] - I really like this name alot. It’s biblical, yet vintage, but also works in a modern setting. Only negative (and this actually only came to my mind when I read it here) is the Gideons who put bibles in every hotel room in the world. Is that really a terrible connection though?

[name]Jesse[/name] - Nice name. I don’t see any issues w/ it

[name]Gable[/name] - I like this. It’s a vintage sounding, but also kinda modern sounding name. I think it sounds very masculine too.

Ulicia (prn. oo-liss-c-uh, the soft oo like [name]Eulalie[/name]) - pronunciation issues for sure. Most people only need once or twice to learn a new name though right?

[name]Cammeo[/name] (I would use this if I ever gave birth to/ adopted a premature baby it means small, but perfectly formed) – Sounds a little forced to be a name. Or my first impression is that the parents liked the name [name]Cameron[/name]/[name]Camryn[/name]/[name]Camden[/name], etc. but wanted to be different

[name]Lila[/name] & Liat (twins names, yes, both L’s, but the sounds are different) - they really are a little too close for twins. Liat reminds me of the girl in South [name]Pacific[/name] (you are using this as a girl’s name right?) The names on their own are ok though!

[name]Damian[/name] (in ten more years will everyone be over the horror movie many in my own generation have never seen? [name]Just[/name] to be clear, this is a boy’s name) - I don’t know the connection, but I don’t watch alot of horror movies :slight_smile: I think this name is just fine to use. I like it alot. (is that wrong? lol I don’t know what movie you mean!)

[name]Carston[/name]- Great, strong and underused name. [name]Carsten[/name] sounds trendy but most people dont know it is an old [name]German[/name] name. He might get confused with [name]Carson[/name] however.
[name]Benjamin[/name]- Another great classic. [name]Ben[/name] is the guy next door type, an “all American Boy” if that makes sense. A [name]Ben[/name] is someone you cant trust.
[name]Jasper[/name]- I really like this name. It is soft but still very distictive. I could a [name]Jasper[/name] being a musician or artist.
[name]Eleazar[/name]- I’m not sure how to correctly say this one. It looks interesting though.
[name]Jonas[/name]- I love [name]Jonas[/name], so handsome. The [name]Jonas[/name] brothers thing doesnt bother me at all, I dont think they will stay around long. [name]Jonas[/name] is friendly but still complex. It is more distinctive than either [name]Joseph[/name] or [name]Jonah[/name], which I like.
[name]Xavier[/name]- I like this when pronounce without the EX sound at the beggining. Zay-vier sound very sharp and somewhat foreign and mysterious.
[name]Gideon[/name]- I dont like this name because of the giddy part. It sounds a little silly to me.
[name]Jesse[/name]- Eh, [name]Ive[/name] known way to many girl Jessies to even consider this on a boy anymore. It is a bit dated also.
[name]Gable[/name]- Hmm, doesnt sound like a fn. I kinda have a hard time picturing this on a real person.

[name]Gwendolyn[/name] (that Y has grace)- I love [name]Gwendolyn[/name]! Yes, I would hire one. I would be thrilled if my son married one or even just knew one. If I met one my age, I’d try to make friends with her. I. love. it.
[name]Marion[/name]- I don’t dislike it, but I dont much like it. But that could be because my grandfather in law is [name]Marian[/name] and he hates his name. I know 2 female Marions. They’re both nice women. I dunno, I should [name]Ike[/name] this because I love [name]Mary[/name] and many of her variants, but this just doesn’t do it for me. I wouldn’t have any negative feelings about one though, at all.
[name]Evangeline[/name]- Gorgeous. This was one of my favorite names during my frilly feminine phase. I can see a little girl or a professional woman or anything in between. I think a girl would love being named this.
Tigerlilly (my family and I love this name and have nicknamed ”her” [name]Tilly[/name])- I’m sorry but Tigerlilly is one of my most hated names. I just very strongly dislike it. I would not take a Tigerlilly seriously. And if there were two equally qualified applicants, I would definitely hire the one who wasn’t named Tigerlilly. And if my son was dating a Tigerlilly, I would secretly be praying he doesn’t marry her so that I don’t have to tell people that my grandchildrens mother is named Tigerlilly.
[name]Elaney[/name] (A legitimate variant of [name]Elaine[/name]; prn [name]Elle[/name]-uh-nee, all said softly, no hard consanants or vowels, do you like the way this sounds?)- I do like the sound, it reminds me of [name]Eulalie[/name]. I think it’d be tough to get people to pronounce it right in [name]America[/name] (I think that’s where you live). Other than that, I think it’s beautiful and would serve a girl well.
[name]Fallon[/name]- seems extremely masculine and harsh to me. I don’t like it, but I can see a person with this name. I don’t think it would be a terrible name or anything, I just don’t care for it.
[name]Ireland[/name]- this is somewhat popular, right? Well, maybe not popular… I don’t really [name]Ike[/name] it, I’ve neve seen the appeal unless you have strong ties to [name]Ireland[/name]. I can see it being cute on the right kid, though. And i can see it on an adult.
Diella (it is prn… D-ella; it is not made up, it is very old; it means ‘Worshipper of God’)- pronunciation is confusing, it will always be an issue. I do like the sound a lot though.
Siren (The S from [name]Selma[/name], the [name]Iren[/name] from [name]Irene[/name], named for my two grandmothers; Siren means the Singer and let”s face it ladies, it”s cool to be bad, I think [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Jill[/name] said it first)- love the meaning behind it for you, but I think it’d be sort of hard to live with
[name]Scarlette[/name]- [name]Scarlett[/name] is one of my favorite names since I was in high school, so yeah, I love it.
[name]Helena[/name] (nn [name]Enna[/name])- I like it. It grows up very nicely, for sure. I can see [name]Helena[/name] being president.
[name]Mirabella[/name]- soooo beautiful… A great sister to [name]Gwendolyn[/name] and [name]Evangeline[/name]! Great name on all accounts.
[name]Jemima[/name] (Could my spunky daughter over-come the sad connotations, this is one of my very favorite names!)- I love it too, a lot. Such a beautiful name. I don’t think [name]America[/name] is ready for it yet, sadly. Maybe in a few years.
[name]Elizabeth[/name] (I know, so popular, so, so popular, but so, so beautiful; nn [name]Eliza[/name])- my favorite name! [name]Love[/name] everything about it. Actually I think it’s the one perfect name. :stuck_out_tongue:
[name]Maisie[/name]- I don’t think [name]Maisie[/name] is substantial enough for a full name at all. It is definitely cute, but I can’t see a grown up woman being glad she was named [name]Maisie[/name].

Boys:

[name]Carston[/name]-
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Eleazar[/name]
[name]Jonas[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Jesse[/name]
[name]Gable[/name]

I think all your boys names are strong, solid choices. I don’t think any of them have any real negatives. I like them all. I went to school with an [name]Eleazar[/name] nn [name]Eli[/name], some of his guy friends called him lizard. All the middle aged women who worked at the school flirted with him. He was super tall and a total stoner, but I had a massive crush on him. Oh, also he was the smartest person i ever met and he never even studied or anything. Lol, not that that has anything tondo with it being a good name or not, but basically I’m saying I love it.

Ulicia (prn. oo-liss-c-uh, the soft oo like [name]Eulalie[/name])- what’s the special circumstance for this one? I do like the sound, but not so much the look. Plus it’s so closs to [name]Alicia[/name] which is so common around here that I’m so bored of it. Otherwise, I might like it.
[name]Cammeo[/name] (I would use this if I ever gave birth to/ adopted a premature baby it means small, but perfectly formed)- the meaning is beautiful. I love the name [name]Cameo[/name], so i suppose I like this too since you don’t want any comments on spelling. You could get her lots of [name]Cameo[/name] necklaces!
[name]Lila[/name] & Liat (twins names, yes, both L’s, but the sounds are different)- way too close for twins in my opinion.
[name]Damian[/name] (in ten more years will everyone be over the horror movie many in my own generation have never seen? [name]Just[/name] to be clear, this is a boy’s name)[/quote]- I’ve never seen the movie either, so this name doesn’t seem evil to me. I think it’s an awesome name, actually!

I think it”s great we both like the same names! [name]How[/name] cool, makes you feel like you”re on the right track, huh?
I love the Y for me, just because I want a more medeival sense, but I sort of prefer the olen ending for your daughter to go with [name]Mirabelle[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name], the look is more cultured when paired together, I don”t know, it”s my favorite name, you can”t make me not like it! ?
[name]Mirabella[/name] is a [name]Bella[/name] because that is my nn, that I love, but don”t use as much any more. My parents call me [name]Gabrielle[/name], which I love, my HTB calls me ”G” it sounds really, really good when he says it. Melt your legs out from under you good! I”ve loved ”[name]Belle[/name]” since before Twilight, [name]Isabella[/name] only skyrocketed this year, you know. :wink:
I think it”s great you know, ”South [name]Pacific[/name]” that”s where Liat came from, I grew up on [name]Roger[/name]”s and Hammerstein.
As far as the profession thing I so agree! I”m a singer/actor/dancer, he”s a guitarist/ lyracist/ singer- our kids will be nothing if not artistically talented! In fact you want to hear how I sometimes imagine they could be ”gifted”? Well, I”ll tell you anyway!
[name]Gwendolyn[/name]- a singer, she loves to belt it out in the shower and in the kitchen, but she really wants to open a chocolate shop and call it ”Sweet Dreams” (I had a dream about this)
[name]Marion[/name]- [name]Marion[/name] loves to read, she loves to listen to music, she loves to take pictures and she only wears paint-stained clothing.
[name]Evangeline[/name]- The pianist, practices three hours a day, she hopes to play at Carnegie [name]Hall[/name] one day!
Tigerlily- She can sing, but much prefers to be outside, usually to play soccer, and is a bit of a tomboy, a tomboy who loves shopping!
[name]Elaney[/name]- She”s the dancer, she has studied every form of dance since she was four, lyrical and ballet being her favorites
[name]Fallon[/name]- [name]Fallon[/name] is an actress, but loves directing the most! Always behind the camera this one, or handing out a new script to her syblings.
[name]Ireland[/name]- [name]Ireland[/name] sort of tags along with everyone, loving everything, happy to remain young as long as she can.
Diella- Diella loves to worship her Saviour, always writing love songs for the [name]King[/name]
Siren- Siren is a jazz and blues singer; she would be content to make a living off of singing in nightclubs and smoky dance bars. She has a steady boyfriend and loves her family.
[name]Scarlette[/name]- [name]Carlie[/name] is ambitious, she has big dreams, wanting to see the entire world through a camera lense. Her mother did it, why shouldn”t she?
[name]Helena[/name]- [name]Enna[/name] is the jokster, always performing some sort of comedy routine for everyone to laugh at. She loves fairies, princesses and merfolk.
[name]Mirabella[/name]- [name]Mira[/name] loves acting, but [name]Shakespeare[/name] is her passion, she is very envious of her sisters names, what with there being a [name]Helena[/name], and a [name]Thisbe[/name] amoungst them, but since she will play every female lead she”s happy with the name she has.
[name]Jemima[/name]- [name]Jemma[/name] loves to cook, and clean and play house, her big dreams include a big family and an adoring husband, what could be lovelier?
[name]Elizabeth[/name]- [name]Eliza[/name] loves to attend opera”s, ballet”s and musical”s, but accually performing is not high on her to-do list, her extra-cirriculars are her biggest passions, not her job.
[name]Maisie[/name]- Aisie (prn AZ) wants to be a writer, she loves princesses and talking animals, she names her heroines- [name]Gwen[/name], [name]Evie[/name], [name]Mira[/name] and [name]Jem[/name].
[name]Carston[/name]- [name]Carston[/name] loves his southern roots, his great-grandmothers (my grandmother is going to live to be one-hundred, you watch, she has gumption) fried-anything and listens to country music. He picks along with his guitar in his room, but really wants to play basketball more than anything else.
[name]Benjamin[/name]- [name]Jamie[/name] is a goof-ball, he and his sister [name]Scarlette[/name] are always cracking people up with their routines. He loves baseball, it”s his life.
[name]Jasper[/name]- Actor. He loves the stage more than his mother does, like that were possible, and dreams of being in films.
[name]Eleazar[/name]- Zar is in a band, but he refused to be a poser, writing song lyrics that reflect how he and his mates really think, instead of being commercial, they don”t care if they get famous, by like [name]Bryan[/name] [name]Adams[/name], they want the ”best days of their life”
[name]Jonas[/name]- He loves to learn, a major science nerd this one, which his mother has yet to really understand, [name]Joey[/name] is sort of the odd-one out, but he is loved, loved, loved!
[name]Xavier[/name]- he”s so kind and cordial, he makes all the girls swoon. His big dream is to run for president under a platform of truth and awesomness, well, we”ll work on the second half.
[name]Gideon[/name]- Gid plays with Zar in the band, but his real love lies in a good book, or a sketch pad, he likes to watch hockey on TV though group sports aren”t really his thing. He”s the loner, but seeks out my company, or his dad, when we”re by ourselves, he likes to be near people, but not be a part of the action.
[name]Jesse[/name]- [name]Jess[/name] is our all-sports man, if we aren”t picking him up, we”re dropping him off, we taught him early how to do his own laundrey.
[name]Gable[/name]- [name]Gabe[/name] loves to paint and wants to travel. School really bores him because he thinks all learning is deprived of creativity now a days, so I give him special assignments to bring out the best in him.

I know, I”m crazy right? I want a big family, my names list gets edited all the time because it always falls back to those names I know are perfect. I”m still struggling with if [name]Gable[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Jemima[/name] are right, I love them both, but they seem the least right to me. I don”t even make sense to myself.

Thank you!

Blessings,

[name]Bella[/name] <3

[name]El[/name]-uh-ZaR is how I’m prn it, I really love this name!

I hate the X-vay-vee-er as well, and prn. it Zay-vee-er

[name]Gable[/name] I’m on the fence about as well, I need to look back over the comments on this name as whole, I’m starting to tip towards no

• I’ve never seen the movie either, so this name doesn’t seem evil to me. I think it’s an awesome name, actually![/quote]

It”s so funny reading your dislike for Tigerlily, I feel the exact same way about [name]Tallulah[/name], if I had to choose between a [name]Tallulah[/name] and a third [name]Isabella[/name] I would go with the greater of the two evils and consider myself blessed! I really don”t take offense because I know exactly how you feel!
I”m Irish, he”s Irish, we”re planning to live in [name]Dublin[/name] up until I get pregnant after we get married, we”re big on [name]Ireland[/name] and I can just so see an [name]Ireland[/name], my dark curly hair, his piercing green eyes, it doesn”t get more vivid!
I agree about [name]Elizabeth[/name], though I”m starting to worry that even with the nn [name]Eliza[/name] she would feel estranged alongside [name]Gwen[/name], [name]Evangeline[/name] and [name]Mirabella[/name].
I alternate between loving and hating [name]Maisie[/name], I do worry it”s too childish, but I think all the Magaret names are harsh. [name]Do[/name] you have anyt suggestions?
Ulicia is if I adopted a baby girl from [name]Africa[/name], [name]Damian[/name] would be her brother. I had a dream about them.
I”m starting to think, just give her the one M, on [name]Cameo[/name], it”s no skin off my nose and maybe people would accept it more. Thank you for subtly commenting, it does help.
Everyone seems to be digging [name]Damian[/name], it was my parents who brought up that movie, I think it may be their generation that has the problems with it. Those who became moms twenty years ago, new moms seem to dig it :wink:

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be so harsh about Tigerlilly! But I’m glad you feel the same about something so that you get what I mean!

Okay, for you I think [name]Ireland[/name] would be a great choice! And i can totally see the girl you described named [name]Ireland[/name], cute! I actually think [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Gwen[/name] (and [name]Mirabelle[/name] and [name]Evangeline[/name] whatever their nicknames would be) are really cute together. [name]Both[/name] fairly uncommon but very familiar. [name]Elizabeth[/name] and Gwendonlyn would be great sisters, in my opinion… They’re probably what I would pick from your list if it were my baby.

I’m not a fan of [name]Margaret[/name], either. I wish I was because the nicknames are all great. Have you considered [name]Marguerite[/name]? I find it so much prettier than [name]Margaret[/name]. Or what about [name]May[/name] or [name]Mae[/name] for [name]Maisie[/name]? Orrr, any name starting with M (like [name]Mirabelle[/name]) followed by something starting with S or Z. [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Scarlette[/name] nn [name]Maisie[/name]? [name]Mirabelle[/name] Siren?

That is great! I love your images of your kids. They are really fun. I’m an actress (mostly retired right now though) too and I think it’s only natural to pass those types of interests along to your kids. [name]Scarlett[/name] (we call her [name]Carly[/name] too by the way- I love that nn) isn’t all that into anything overly artsy. She writes poems and stories though. She’s much more academic like my DH. I don’t see her as an accountant though. She’s more the type that’s going to be a scientist or medical researcher someday. [name]Penelope[/name] is very into dancing and singing right now. I definitely see her continuing w/ creative type interests in the future. It just fits her personality.

We want a big family too! I don’t have an official list of future names yet though. However, I was writing my girls names last night and I continued on to more kids… it was kinda surprising because I’ve never really thought it through or done that before. The names I wrote were: [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Jedidiah[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Thaddeus[/name], [name]Frederick[/name], and [name]Annaliese[/name]. (in that order)

You weren’t harsh, in fact you made me laugh, I was in stitches, I thought it was great! No, truly I did!

I don’t know what to do about [name]Maisie[/name], except keep her at the bottom of the list and one day if I look down at a baby and think, “She’s [name]Maisie[/name]” I’ll have my answer and be satisfied, does that make sense?

Blessings,

[name]Bella[/name] <3

That is great! I love your images of your kids. They are really fun. I’m an actress (mostly retired right now though) too and I think it’s only natural to pass those types of interests along to your kids. [name]Scarlett[/name] (we call her [name]Carly[/name] too by the way- I love that nn) isn’t all that into anything overly artsy. She writes poems and stories though. She’s much more academic like my DH. I don’t see her as an accountant though. She’s more the type that’s going to be a scientist or medical researcher someday. [name]Penelope[/name] is very into dancing and singing right now. I definitely see her continuing w/ creative type interests in the future. It just fits her personality.

We want a big family too! I don’t have an official list of future names yet though. However, I was writing my girls names last night and I continued on to more kids… it was kinda surprising because I’ve never really thought it through or done that before. The names I wrote were: [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Jedidiah[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Thaddeus[/name], [name]Frederick[/name], and [name]Annaliese[/name]. (in that order)[/quote]

That’s so great, so then you know :wink:

I can’t believe [name]Penelope[/name] is your other daughter, [name]Penelope[/name] was on my list for a long old time, but I ended up taking it off, i just couldn’t cut it for me, as you can see I am extremely selective, but I just love all four names, it kind of makes me want [name]Penelope[/name] back, does she go by [name]Penny[/name] or [name]Nellie[/name] as a nn?