Title and Blurb Game

Why Not?

Kate was always the stubborn one, [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] the easy one. But now [name_u]Harry[/name_u] is dragging [name_f]Kate[/name_f] on a huge adventure to find their mother, because why not?

*I have limited time on NB sorry that’s short

Green

2 Likes

GREEN

All of her friends knew of [name_f]Jade[/name_f]’s obsession. After all, it was pretty hard to hide. [name_f]Jade[/name_f] loved the color green. A little too much, actually. She only wore green clothes. Her house was painted green (both outside and in). She had green furniture, appliances, and knick-knacks. Literally everything she owned was green. But her friends didn’t know the truth. [name_f]Jade[/name_f] hated the color green. But that was her secret. Hers and one other persons. The person who had twisted her wish to live a green life.

Grounded For Life

Sorry, I really wanted to do [name_u]Green[/name_u] as well, so I did both.

[name_u]Green[/name_u]

“Hello, [name_f]Cara[/name_f]. Are you ready to start your test?”
[name_f]Cara[/name_f] paused. She could feel her heart beating in her chest and her blood pumping to her cheeks. They burned red.
“Yes, I’m ready.”
The blank white screen flashed into black. The same calm voice left the speaker. “Perfect. When a question is given, you will have 20 seconds to give as many answers as you can. When the appropriate amount of questions have been answered, the test will be over. Your score will be available for you shortly afterward. Try to relax. [name_f]Answer[/name_f] each question as clearly as you can.”
[name_f]Cara[/name_f]'s foot tapped the marble floor impatiently. It felt as if she were standing on the surface of the sun. Sweat ran down her forehead.
“The test will begin now.”
[name_f]Cara[/name_f] squeezed her eyes shut and swallowed. When she opened them, she was surrounded. The walls around her had shifted, and the speaker next to her disappeared. [name_f]Every[/name_f] surface around her was now a single, monotonous color. [name_f]Cara[/name_f] turned, confused, but she was encompassed in green nothingness.
“[name_f]Cara[/name_f],” the speaker blared, causing [name_f]Cara[/name_f] to jump, “what things are green?”
A million things raced through her mind. Grass. Lettuce. Avocado. Alligator. Frog. Cactus. Peas. Lime. [name_f]Emerald[/name_f]. [name_u]Leaf[/name_u]. [name_f]Clover[/name_f]. Cucumber. Yet, only one escaped her mouth:
“Pickle?”

Grounded for Life

“[name_m]Jesus[/name_m] H!”
“I know.”
“For life?”
“Yep.” [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] smiled, “Until the day I die.”
“What could you possibly have done?”
“Not much, really. A minor accident occurred.”
[name_u]James[/name_u] looked as if he was about to explode. “Be serious, [name_f]Agnes[/name_f]! You know your dad isn’t one for exaggerations.”
“You know you’re not one for underreactions, [name_u]James[/name_u].”
[name_u]James[/name_u] huffed. “[name_f]Agnes[/name_f], be real. This means Project Ashdown is canceled.”
“Not canceled. [name_m]Just[/name_m], slightly delayed.”
“Slightly delayed until your death.”
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f] laughed. “[name_m]Don[/name_m]'t worry, [name_u]James[/name_u]. That won’t be long now.”

[name_u]Gus[/name_u], Short for [name_m]Angus[/name_m]

1 Like

Gus, Short for [name_m]Angus[/name_m]

Gus hated his old name. It wasn’t him, it was too long, too close to someone he’d like to forget, too frilly, too feminine.

After moving abroad for college and away from his family, [name_u]Gus[/name_u] can finally be who he really is, [name_m]Angus[/name_m].

The Best Wingman

The Best Wingman

[name_m]Gunnar[/name_m] doesn’t truly know the meaning of adventure. He’s grown up in Harmondy as a stable boy, cleaning the horses, shoveling the stalls, and the occasional kick to the stomach.

But when the pilot from Chariad comes to town, looking for young men willing to exchange their work in a flight experiment for large wages, [name_m]Gunnar[/name_m] doesn’t hesitate. It’s the chance of a lifetime, and he’s not going back.

Three months into his new thrilling position with the airlines, [name_m]Gunnar[/name_m] gets news that his ex-girlfriend in Harmondy is pregnant with his child. Because of his absence, [name_f]Ciara[/name_f] (the unborn baby’s mother) managed to get legal rights to succumb all parental guardianship to [name_m]Gunnar[/name_m] as soon as the child is born.

[name_m]Gunnar[/name_m] is torn. Should he give up his life of adventure to raise this baby? [name_u]Or[/name_u] should he forget the whole thing ever happened and risk a life in foster care for the child. Only time will tell.

[name_m]Towers[/name_m] in the [name_u]Sea[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_m]Towers[/name_m] in the [name_u]Sea[/name_u]

[name_u]Ever[/name_u] since [name_f]Luna[/name_f] discovered her huge mistake about Rory’s ‘true nature’, the two friends have been trying their best to ignore what happened between them. But when their one other shared link tells them a story about what she saw during the summer holiday, [name_f]Luna[/name_f] knows that it’s the way forward.

[name_u]Rory[/name_u] is used to her friend’s powers, but her new obsession with the ‘Turrets of the Tides’ is definitely concerning. When they finally get a chance to investigate, though, she finds herself even more worried than she could ever imagine was possible. [name_f]Luna[/name_f] is not meant to deal with the waves, moon powers or not. But [name_u]Rory[/name_u] can’t go diving into this mystery alone, and there’s nobody the friends can really trust with their real reason for trying to visit the Turrets – not even the only person that can help them.

[name_m]Can[/name_m] the friends learn the secrets of the Turrets before anyone works out who they’re looking for, or will their own secrets be found first?

[name_m]Ward[/name_m] of the Stars

[name_m]Ward[/name_m] of the Stars

All Astia has ever wanted to be was the Starkeeper. The mystery-shrouded role as the emperor personal astronomer is the only chance she has to restore her family’s shattered title. But as the daughter of the infamous exiled Nebeira Qel, and direct heir to the Qel’s fallen caste status and legacy, she has no chance at the prestigious role. That is, until the [name_f]Celestial[/name_f] One himself, the emperor of all of Naarden, announces to the entire empire that the [name_m]Lord[/name_m] and [name_f]Lady[/name_f] came to him in a dream and whispered Astia’s name. Suddenly thrust into a hostile palace full of haughty nobles, trodden-upon servants, and a myriad of scornful tutors, Astia is barely surviving. And she has too. Its the only way to restore her honor and legacy. But when she finds her mother’s diary covered in frantic scrawls of incorrect models of the galaxy and preposterous theories postulating that her empire, her people, and her way of life is situated on but one “moon” of many orbiting a duology of twin “suns”, she begins to wonder why she was called to the palace. So when the people around her start dropping like flies and she finds the charred remains of her mothers notebook sitting on her bed, she realizes time is running out for her legacy. The emperor is growing angrier with her Starseeing by the day, and though she feels the pull of the Stars, their voices remain silent. [name_u]Will[/name_u] Astia be able to survive another day? And when it’s time for her Ascent to the heavens, will there be a place for her among her beloved Stars?

Sorry this was really bad and the ending was super rushed I kinda didn’t know what to do oop.

Next Title: Before I [name_u]Kick[/name_u] the Bucket List

2 Likes

Before I [name_u]Kick[/name_u] the Bucket List

[name_f]Addy[/name_f] made lists for everything. And by “everything,” I mean everything. She made lists of real things and imagined things, lists of concepts and theories, lists of objects and materials, lists of people - you name it, she had a list about it. I always teased her about the obsession - I would tell her “You’re the lister, I’m the hipster,” and drop-kick her the latest “Summer Bucket List” the second we finished it. Now I wish I’d seen just how much joy her lists brought her, especially since the newest [name_f]Summer[/name_f] Bucket List - the one we never got to start - was her best yet.

But then she was gone. The world I’d known and loved for so long, torn apart.

So after the still-fresh wound from her death started to heal, I reread all of Addy’s old lists, trying to get even just a glimpse of the world I know I’ll never live in again. And that was when I found the one that changed everything.

I didn’t think I’d ever make a bucket list, but here it is:

1. Find out what really happened the night she died.
  2. Figure out what all these “accidental” deaths have in common.
  3. Figure out what the victims have in common.
  4. Figure out who’s behind it.
  5. Stop them before anyone else loses their lives.

To the person who killed [name_f]Addy[/name_f], I’m coming. And before I kick this bucket list, I’m going to kick your @$$.

Next title: Anyone’s Game

2 Likes

Anyone’s Game

Class 10-F’s [name_f]Anna[/name_f] Brighton-Keene is a genius. Everyone knows this, so naturally Class 10-R’s stalker claims that what they’re playing is anyone’s game. Anyone in that class is supposed to be able to decipher the clues, but it’s not possible. The only one with any sort of chance, they conclude, would be [name_f]Anna[/name_f], and she’s not exactly thrilled with being dragged into 10-R’s problems.

And yet, as the story behind the mysterious person who seems to be out to do more than stir up a bit of trouble begins to grow more complicated, [name_f]Anna[/name_f] starts to piece stuff together for the other class. Working out the attacker’s identity isn’t anyone’s game at all.

What they’re playing, though? Well, that absolutely is.

As [name_f]Anna[/name_f] begins to discover new clues as to who their mystery person is, she finds herself watching as the class she’d claimed to not care about are played with like puppets, and so began the nickname.

Oh, 10-R’s stalker problem? Well, we call the one behind it The Puppet-Master.

Next: [name_m]Five[/name_m] Steps Ahead

2 Likes

[name_m]Five[/name_m] Steps Ahead

[name_u]Courage[/name_u] was taught from a young age that for her to succeed in life, she would have to be clever, strong, and, well, courageous. After her parents died suddenly when she was 10, she was taken in by her aunt, a distant and paranoid woman full of conspiracies who refused to believe her parents’ deaths were accidents. She convinced [name_u]Courage[/name_u] her parents’ killer was out to get her too, and trained her how to remain a step ahead of the supposed killer. However, when [name_u]Courage[/name_u] turns fifteen, she decides to unravel the mystery of her parents herself — and finds herself plunged into an intricate plot that’s been planned out for decades, working directly under the killer himself. One step ahead won’t cut it now — [name_u]Courage[/name_u] will have to find a way to stay five steps ahead of everyone involved to even have a chance of staying alive.

Next: [name_u]Prince[/name_u] of [name_m]Hades[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_u]August[/name_u] O’Keefe is in love with the prince of [name_m]Hades[/name_m]. He knows it’s a terrible idea, but the prince’s sky blue eyes, his strawberry blond hair - how could you not fall in love with him? [name_f]Every[/name_f] girl in the kingdom has a crush on him (as well as a couple boys), but [name_u]August[/name_u] knows something they don’t - the prince is in love with him.

Missing Children and Crushes on Girls - The Busiest Week of [name_f]My[/name_f] Life

Missing Children and Crushes on Girls - The Busiest Week of [name_f]My[/name_f] Life

[name_f]Monday[/name_f]
[name_f]Gloria[/name_f] ran away and I spent hours looking for her. Evidently, [name_u]New[/name_u] [name_u]York[/name_u] City is bigger than it seems…

[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f]
I met a girl. She’s beautiful. [name_f]Saffron[/name_f] is her name, and she seems to have a thing for men who like kids. I didn’t get to know her much, but I gave her the address of [name_f]Maple[/name_f] [name_u]Brook[/name_u] Children’s Home and told her she can come see me anytime. She’s one of those people you just know you can trust.

[name_f]Wednesday[/name_f]
[name_m]Tommy[/name_m] was gone this morning. Except, we don’t think he ran away. All of his belongings are still in his room, and he’s not stupid enough to leave things behind.
And then when I got back from reporting him missing, [name_f]Hava[/name_f] was gone. Later, [name_f]Missy[/name_f]. Three children gone in one day. And not one of them took their belongings. Something fishy is going on here, and I’m determined to figure out what.
Except I have no idea how to do it.

Next: [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Markus[/name_m] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] - Detective.

[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Markus[/name_m] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] – Detective

[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] is a brilliant detective.
Well, that’s what he says. His kids – [name_u]Starling[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_u]Kestrel[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] (his wife was quite the ornithologist) – beg to differ slightly.
I mean, how can you call yourself the best detective in town when it’s your kids who do most of the actual, well, detecting?
But that being said, he can solve some cases. Here’s the one that finally made those kids realise that their dad does actually have some talent – after all, it’s their own kidnapping.

(sorry, that was probably awful)

Next Title: [name_u]Silver[/name_u] Criminals

1 Like

No it was good!

[name_u]Silver[/name_u] Criminals
Oh? You wanted a normal life? Maybe you could have, before came along.
[name_f]Elouise[/name_f] Donner lived a boring life, like every other 13-year-old, the main thing she worried about was her next homework assignment. That was until a mysterious stranger appeared at her door, demanding she go with him. That was when her life changed. A group of murderers calling themselves the [name_u]Silver[/name_u] Criminals were on a roll, murdering everyone who had a connection to the Prophecy. Including [name_f]Elouise[/name_f]. Did she ask for it? No. Did she get it? Yes.

Next title: Never Again

1 Like

Never Again

[name_u]Devon[/name_u] [name_m]Marcus[/name_m] owns a list called the ‘Never Again’ list. It started as not even a proper list, just maybe 1 or 2 things he wrote when he was thinking of things he’d only do once in his life to pass the time. But then he kept adding and adding and adding to it up until freshman year of high school, suddenly life got so busy that he didn’t have time to even think of the list.

Now, newly 19 and fresh out of high school without any ambitions or ideas of what he should do next, [name_u]Devon[/name_u] decided to take a gap year and revisit the list to check some things off (and hopefully do some soul searching along the way). Armed with only a notebook that holds the ‘Never Again’ list, few hundred bucks from part-time jobs, and his dad’s hand me down car, he ventures into the world.

(kinda lost my idea half way through :sweat_smile:)

Next: Emotions [name_m]Per[/name_m] Minute

3 Likes

Emotions [name_m]Per[/name_m] Minute

The people of Planet LXA7940 have always found it ridiculous how Planet YAQ3732 (aka Earth) judges talent. They base everything on intellect - on capability and knowledge. LXA7940 does things differently. Talent is not based on smarts at all - in fact, the planet holds no place for facts and learning. They instead train people to cultivate their emotions and desires - because to them, the most talented people are those with the highest Emotions [name_m]Per[/name_m] Minute, or EPM, count. EPMs, of course, will be different every minute, but they always give a rough idea. Status records, social standings, etc. are always based on EPMs. Schools accept people based on EPMs. On LXA7940, an EPM is everything.

Then along comes [name_u]Solstice[/name_u] Galluna, whose EPM is so remote it literally cannot be measured.

[name_u]Solstice[/name_u] has spent her entire life being mocked for her emotionless perspective, denied life-changing opportunities, a girl left by her own family and raised by an eccentric who didn’t care much for her. She’s on the verge of suicide - before [name_u]Tao[/name_u] shows up. And when he comes into Solstice’s life, he changes everything. Solstice’s EPM is actually starting to become responsive - and even she can tell she feels something around [name_u]Tao[/name_u]. [name_u]Love[/name_u]? [name_u]Trust[/name_u]? She isn’t sure.

And then [name_u]Tao[/name_u] reveals a shocking secret - one that will turn Solstice’s life upside down as LXA7940 and [name_f]Earth[/name_f] begin a war unparalleled by anything she’s seen before. People are dying, authority collapsing, rebellion emerging. Caught in the middle of it all? A boy with a honey tongue and sweet, blooming promises - a girl with no family, no future, no emotion - and the romance between them.

(I really need to work on making my summaries actually look like summaries :laughing:)

6 Likes

You still have to give a new title! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You should definitely write this book! Very intriguing!!! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Oh yeah, so sorry!

Secrets of [name_u]Copper[/name_u] and [name_m]Stone[/name_m]

Secrets of [name_u]Copper[/name_u] and [name_m]Stone[/name_m]

Old, unfulfilled prophecies could pave the streets of Essaria, as abundant as they are. There’s one about a pair of twins who will start a war that will destroy the neighbouring kingdom, made seventeen centuries ago – never happened. The one about white smoke rising that heralds said twins being born, made twelve decades ago… nobody’s seen white smoke since that was made. And that one about the traveller with hair the colour of copper and eyes the colour of stone (however vague that second part is)? Never has there been a traveller with such colouring. [name_u]Red[/name_u] hair, grey eyes, it’s one or the other – or neither – when it comes to ‘those of lands far beyond’.

And then she came.

Essarian citizens [name_u]December[/name_u] Vassenie and [name_u]Gray[/name_u] Montastel – best friends since forever ago – are the only ones who aren’t panicked when people begin to realise that the rest of the prophecy that declared this traveller’s arrival has been long lost to time (nobody’s going to bother remembering a prophecy that was made several millennia ago). How does anybody know that this is even the person the old prophecy spoke of?

But the traveller is definitely hiding something, and whether the secrets of copper and stone will bring Essaria down or raise it higher – especially when pure white smoke spews from the Montastel’s chimney, with no fire burning beneath it – is anyone’s guess.

In a race where time has a thousand-year lead, can two young teenagers work out what the rest of their city’s oldest prophecy was, or will their efforts be all in vain?

Next Title: The Servant’s Game

1 Like