Title and Blurb Game

A Boy Named Hazel Meets a Girl Named James

Hazel is a boy. His birth certificate, his body and most of all his parents might say differently, but he knows. That’s why he picked James from a list of potential pen pals: it was the only boy name. But with James’ first letter comes a big surprise: James is a girl! She writes that her parents believe it doesn’t matter at all if someone is a boy or a girl, and that’s why they named her that.

Hazel makes sure to hide the letters with such dangerous knowledge from his parents, but overjoyed that their child is finally making a friend – a female friend! – , they still let him stay the summer with James and her family. Together, they set out on a quest to find answers: Why can nobody see that Hazel is a boy? Why do Mom and Dad say it doesn’t matter, but act like it matters a huge deal? Why are there boys and girls in the first place, and is there anything else? Why did everyone seem to understand what it means when James’ brother Robin was called “such a girl” by his friend Mya, but when he said “you’re such a boy” back, everyone just laughed? Why do you use different names for boys and girls but not for friends and strangers, or on Mondays and Tuesdays? And, most importantly, why do grownups have to make everything so complicated?

Next: The Jar of Fears

3 Likes

The Jar Of Fears

Audrey’s family has always had an odd ritual – writing a fear on a piece of paper before dropping it into an old glass jar. It’s never really made much sense, since nobody ever looks back through the slips after they’re in the jar, but even so, they all continue doing it.
However, when [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] decides to ask her friends about the [name_f]Fear[/name_f] Jar and takes it into school to let them take a look, the jar ends up in pieces on the floor. And while it could definitely be worse, it’s clear that something is wrong when the glass simply melts into the floor.
As the truth of the jar is revealed to the entirety of Longhill, [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] and her friends must find a way to force all the fears back into a new jar before the whole town is paralysed – quite literally! – with sheer terror.

Next: Ashes To Ashes

2 Likes

Ashes To Ashes

“Humans are created from the earth, and after death, they will return back to the earth.” Was what Gwen’s father always said whenever she asked him something about life or death. Gwen never really knew what the ‘created from the earth’ part meant. Nor the fact that it could be taken so literally.

And all it took was her, an old spellbook from an antique shop, a blonde witch too eager to prove her abilities, and a boy named Ethion to prove it.

(Couldn’t find a good way to mention it but Gwen is also a witch, just isn’t too interested in doing a deep dive into old spells)

Screw Destiny, We’ll Write Our Own Story

3 Likes

Screw [name_f]Destiny[/name_f], We’ll Write Our Own [name_u]Story[/name_u]

Everything, and I mean everything, is written in the stars. Your future partner, where you’ll live, even the grades you’ll get on your tests. There’s nothing you can do about it.
Most people don’t have the chance to see what’s going to happen, though, so it’s not a huge deal. If you’re anything like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u], though, you can see your fate. And [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] hates everything about hers.
It claims that she’s going to suffer, a lot. Including that she’s going to be unhappy in love through her teenaged years, that she’ll end up settling down with a man when she’s twenty-three and have four kids, along with having stillborn twins.
The thing is, [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] doesn’t like boys. She’s got a crush on the new girl in her class, quiet (and also Star-Sighted!) [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_u]Carter[/name_u]. [name_f]Anna[/name_f] seems to like her back, too, so why don’t they just write their own stories?
After all, you’ve got to make things happen. You can’t just sit back and let the world force you down a path, right?

Next: A Royally Disastrous [name_u]Legacy[/name_u]

2 Likes

so, if you haven’t played title and blurb yet, it’s super fun if you love writing. it was popular recently, but died down so i’m redoing it.

basically, i’ll start by saying a title of a book that i just made up at the end of this. then the next person replies and writes a blurb for the title. then at the end of theirs, they say a title and it all continues.
the first title: After You Left

After You Left

You weren’t supposed to leave. We were supposed to always be together, [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. But then some opportunity came along, and guess what? You took it. And so know you are off having fun being a child prodigy, playing piano at Carnegie [name_m]Hall[/name_m] and I’m still back here being [name_f]Nora[/name_f], the one who sits in the back of the class and cries every time anyone plays piano. Because I know that you left because you wanted to. And you didn’t even look back.

NOT AGAIN

1 Like

NOT AGAIN

It’s been five years since [name_f]Raya[/name_f] first got stuck in the time loop, five years since she decided she’d use every minute to help fix the lives of those around her, and five years she’s been away from her family. She couldn’t stick around as she grew up and they stayed the same. But as she sits on her favorite seat of the same Greyhound bus and eats a Twinkie to celebrate her 17th birthday, she wants things to change now more than ever. And when the bus stops suddenly to take on a new passenger, her wish starts to come true, and there’s no going back.

1 Like

I guess I’ll do NOT AGAIN again?

NOT AGAIN

Ever since he learned to walk, [name_u]Harry[/name_u]’s life has been and endless loop of “Ugh, not again…”. Everywhere he goes, everything he does, everyone he meets, it just seems to be a neverending cycle. But when a scholarship from a college across the world gives him a chance to change that, he might as well take it right?

Next: It Takes a Village

2 Likes

It took the whole village to clean up after the hurricane struck. But now, it is taking the whole village to make [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] okay. She knows her brother is still alive, but the last time she saw [name_u]Dean[/name_u], he was getting onto a sailboat with his best friend, [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]. Then the storm hit. It came out of nowhere; even [name_f]Norma[/name_f] the dog had no idea it was coming. So now [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] and her boyfriend [name_m]Desmond[/name_m] are going to find them. Because [name_m]Desmond[/name_m]’s older brother is [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] and he wants him back. But it will take the whole village to stop them.

(That wasn’t good, I’m tired.)

A [name_m]Long[/name_m] List Of Things That Make You Scream Wheeee

1 Like

A [name_m]Long[/name_m] List Of Things That Make You Scream Wheeee

When they were younger, [name_u]Salem[/name_u], [name_f]Nyx[/name_f], and [name_f]October[/name_f] made a long list of things they loved/wanted to do, and titled it; “The List Of Things That Make You Scream Wheeee!”. They completed the list but due to many problems, the never got around to starting it. Now, 7 years after they created that list, they decided to start it.

(Lowkey wanna write this now)

All The Reasons Why I (Lovingly) Hate You

2 Likes

All The Reasons Why I (Lovingly) Hate You

It was the first summer after high school, the Greek islands were [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]’s dream destination since childhood, but now that she was finally here, she felt as if she was missing something.

Late one night at a Santorini bar, [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] stumbled into [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u]. He swept her off her feet from the moment she saw him, she fell head over heels, and it was game over from there. She woke up alone the next day, with a $100 note on her bedside table and a “Sorry!” Three weeks later, the early symptoms of pregnancy began- and [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] was nowhere to be found.

This wasn’t the Greek vacation [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] had planned.

Next: When [name_f]Gracie[/name_f] left

1 Like

When [name_f]Gracie[/name_f] left, everything crashed and burned.

Amy lashed out at them. Blaming them for the reason why [name_f]Gracie[/name_f] left. She had no remorse, anything she ever felt for them turned into burning hatred.

Alex turned cold. He didn’t speak with them, didn’t look at them, didn’t acknowledge them. He still sat with them, but he acted as if none of them exist, as if they were just a figment of his imagination.

Will left as well. Started hang out with the wrong crowds, skipping classes, doing drugs, and ending up in jail. [name_f]Every[/name_f] trace of the person he used to be was gone.

And [name_u]Cade[/name_u]? [name_u]Cade[/name_u] was left with all of the broken pieces. Trying to piece everything back to something resembling normal.

Next!: Surviving College and Everything [name_f]Else[/name_f] You Need to Know About it, a Guide by Yours [name_u]Truly[/name_u]

2 Likes

Surviving College and Everything Esle You Need To Know About It, a Guide By Yours [name_u]Truly[/name_u]

When [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Adams[/name_m], the shy girl in school, was offered an anonymous podcast about going to an [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] Legue college, how could she say no? Well, she probably should of, because now someone knows that Yours [name_u]Truly[/name_u] is [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], and that person turns out to be her worst enemy who has big plans for making [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] look bad.

I Still [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t Understand

1 Like

That [name_u]Night[/name_u] I Want to Forget

[name_f]Alya[/name_f] wanted so bad to forget that night, to erase all traces of the incident ever happening. She tried to forget, she really did, but nothing ever worked. She would beg, cry, and sob to anyone who would listen, pleading to them to help her forget. No one could help her, and the incident always flashes in her eyes everytime she closed it.

You must be asking, what is the incident? Was it a murder? A robbery? A car crash? Something worse?

It was a murder, and also something worse. The murderer killed her family right in front of her eyes, leaving no survivors. But do you know what the worse thing is? The worse thing is that she’s the murderer.

Yours [name_u]Forever[/name_u], [name_u]Jaden[/name_u]

2 Likes

Beyond the sea, beyond the stars

Prince [name_m]Henrick[/name_m] and his siblings, [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] and [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Charlton[/name_m], has never stepped foot outside their kingdom. They’ve always felt trapped their, longing to see the world outside of their kingdom, their only reprive is watching the stars, reading stories about them and wishing to follow them.

So when the opportunity arises to get out of the kingdom and find treasure guided by the stars, they took it with out a second thought.

Next!: [name_f]Every[/name_f] Second of [name_f]My[/name_f] Life

Every Second of [name_f]My[/name_f] Life:

Every second of my life, I’m paranoid. About what, exactly, I’m not sure. Perhaps that the numbness that’s permeated my brain will remain there for the rest of my life. Perhaps more so that I’ll never again have a moment of true happiness. [name_f]My[/name_f] soul feels perpetually comatose. But perhaps not. It’s hard to say, and it’s not that tempting to know. I’m driving. I shouldn’t be moping. But then again, who cares? I don’t. I’m too tired to care. Caring is exhausting and demands energy that I haven’t had in years.

Next: Why is [name_f]My[/name_f] Towel [name_u]Orange[/name_u]?

Why Is [name_f]My[/name_f] Towel [name_u]Orange[/name_u]?

April Fools is no joke in my house. Six siblings and one day of the year that any and every prank is tolerated. The time [name_m]Jack[/name_m] took all of [name_f]Nora[/name_f]’s clothes and hid them in assorted places around the house when they were 10 and 12. The time [name_u]Harry[/name_u] fixed up all of the clocks so that they played Firework by [name_f]Katy[/name_f] [name_u]Perry[/name_u] every 3 minutes when he was 16. The time [name_f]Claire[/name_f] put all my school supplies all the mailboxes along the street with post-it’s that said “These are [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]’s. Please hide them good.” She was 7, an amateur. I dyed [name_u]Camille[/name_u]’s soap neon pink. But now, we are back. And I am planning to win. I will have a plaque that says “[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_u]Wynn[/name_u] [name_u]Murphy[/name_u], 15 years old- best prankster.” Oh ho ho, is my family in trouble.

Dancing In The [name_u]Snow[/name_u]

1 Like

Dancing In The [name_u]Snow[/name_u]

Winston had always loved snow, it’s his escape from reality. When things got bad at home he would always go outside and just lay in the snow, letting the cold make him feel numb and erase all his worries and fears. No one else he had ever met understood how he would throw all caution to the wind and lay on the snow without any regrets. One day, he met someone who understood.

(Sry this was weird, I’m tired😂)

If The World Was Ending

If The World Was Ending

Layla always knew her family was different then most. She didn’t know her biological grandparents, she was estranged from her father’s entire side of the family, and her mother always seemed to calm up when she talked about her plans for her future. After a horrible car accident which took the life of her mother, her father and her two brothers, she is given to her godparents, [name_u]Tempest[/name_u] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f], her father’s parents. With [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] and [name_f]Athena[/name_f] (her identical twin cousins), she soon discovers that nothing in her grandmothers’ house is normal. And she isn’t normal either.
(I hate this lol)

Once A [name_u]Blue[/name_u] [name_f]Moon[/name_f]

All That [name_f]Silence[/name_f] [name_m]Said[/name_m]

There’s this silent person at the back of [name_f]Jade[/name_f]'s class, and by silent, I mean silent, there has not been one word from this person since the very start of the year. To add to that, no one knew anything about that person, no one knows their name or even their gender, the people dubbed them “[name_f]Silence[/name_f]”. One day, [name_f]Silence[/name_f] stopped coming to school, and a few days after the dissapearance, [name_f]Jade[/name_f] found a journal looking book in her desk, signed by [name_f]Silence[/name_f].

Why Not?