Title and Blurb Game

Circle of the [name_f]Morning[/name_f] [name_f]Star[/name_f]

“They’re dying,” [name_u]Zen[/name_u] whispered, pale as the moon above us. “We have to do something, right?”

“And the solution is… this?” [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] asked, giving [name_f]Leda[/name_f] and [name_u]Zen[/name_u] strange looks. “Whose bright idea was it, hm?”

When a mysterious illness sweeps through the [name_f]Lutana[/name_f] clan, the obvious solution is to send a boy and girl to the Soleians – who couldn’t care less about the well-being of Lutana’s people – in a desperate attempt to get help. Their failure to realise how diseases work throws both families into chaos, but even as Soleia’s elders grow sicker, the idea of sending two children from their own clan to find an answer seems rather appealing.

So they make a decision.

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_m]Lumis[/name_m] and [name_f]Leda[/name_f] [name_f]Nox[/name_f] have a deep mistrust of each other; [name_m]Elian[/name_m] [name_u]Fenix[/name_u] and [name_u]Zenith[/name_u] Corrus can’t seem to argue correctly. But all four have the same deadly important mission now.

Find the Circle of the [name_f]Morning[/name_f] [name_f]Star[/name_f] and pray that the coven has a cure.

But mixing the light and the dark never did work out well for [name_f]Soleia[/name_f] or [name_f]Lutana[/name_f] in the past.

[name_m]Can[/name_m] it work now, or are they all doomed?

Next title: Gods of Tomorrow

Gods of Tomorrow

Immortality is a lonely thing, and as times change… well, so too must the beings responsible for the world.

[name_u]Julien[/name_u] [name_m]Keyne[/name_m], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_u]Pierce[/name_u] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u] Escott - three normal teenagers, except for their mothers.

As the three boys discover their divine heritage, life turns upside down. Indeed, it becomes a race against time to find their mothers and work out what the hell is going on in the world… before irreparable damage is caused to it.

But is it really possible for three teenagers to find three goddesses that have hidden for billions of years, or will their untrained gifts destroy the world first?

In other words, are the gods of tomorrow ever going to have a chance to fulfil their unwritten destinies?

Next Title: The Bones of the [name_u]Isle[/name_u] (or The [name_u]Grey[/name_u] Diary — I think I’m always providing a back-up from now on!)

The Bones of the Isle

Isle Kambridard is one of the worst places for a ship to crash. Too far north for the sea to hold any warmth, too far west to be inhabited by little but lemon trees and swirling mists and saltwater springs.
And, of course, the ruins of a civilization long gone, littered with the ancient bones of creatures not quite human.
So when Loren Sunven manages to wreck the few ships in his family’s mercenary fleet under his control, he’s not optimistic about his crew’s future. The odds of survival are almost impossible on an isle shrouded with fog and mystery. But not everyone in Loren’s crew is loyal to the cause.
The Commodore’s bastard, Calix Anton has fought for a place in the esteemed Salisian navy—until his father decides he’s more useful playing spy among the Sunven mercenaries. When that gets him shipwrecked on Isle Kambridard, he’s determined to carry out his father’s orders.
But the Isle holds more secrets than Loren or Calix imagine, and as they fight for survival and sanity, they can’t deny their growing feelings for each other…or the horrifying truths about Isle Kambridard.

(Out of curiosity, and for the purposes of deciding on my next project, does this sound interesting?)

Next: The Amber Thieves

2 Likes

The [name_f]Amber[/name_f] Thieves

There was a house on a hill. Well, not a house, really, it was a mansion & a quite large one as well. The family that lived in it was rich. Not rich as in ‘Oh, they’re rich’, rich as in ‘They grew up jumping into piles of money instead of leaves’. The matriarch & patriarch had began a business & built it up from the ground. They now had five children, thirteen grandchildren, twenty-five great-granchildren, & two great(x2)-grandchildren. The business was called the [name_f]Jewel[/name_f] of Fashion or the [name_f]Jewel[/name_f] for short after the matriarch, [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], & it put jewels & jewel lookalikes in dresses & suits for the families fellow elite’s. Nothing had ever gone wrong… until now. All of the [name_f]Amber[/name_f] jewels have gone missing. [name_u]Will[/name_u] they find them? [name_u]Will[/name_u] they be lost forever?

(My take on a cover blurb)

Next: Skittles & Poison (or Granny’s 130th Birthday (How long can one woman live?))

Oh, that definitely sounds interesting!

1 Like

Skittles and Poison

There’s plenty of ways to kill people. And there’s plenty of ways to get away with it.

But there are also plenty of people willing to do whatever it takes to solve the case.

Between the man found brutally murdered with a skittle in the middle of nowhere — and in particular, nowhere near any sort of bowling alley — during Opal Grey’s real lifetime and the women who seemed to have died of violent food poisoning during a certain somebody’s half-finished Victorian murder-mystery story… well, Opal suddenly seems to have her hands rather full.

When her protagonists walk out of the pages before she’s even decided who actually killed the women, and right in the middle of a scandal that seems to be damning her crush’s parents, it becomes a race against the clock. Solving two entirely unrelated murders may be difficult, but it surely can’t be impossible.

It can’t be impossible.

Because if Opal’s characters can leave the notebook they exist in… who’s to say that the murderer won’t be the next to leave and wreak havoc?

Next: Baking Spells (or The Future of Fire)

Okay, because I’m apparently bad at ‘good’ titles for this game… how about another alternate one so this game doesn’t stop for too long? I enjoy it way too much, basically…

Home of [name_u]Rain[/name_u]

(Obviously Baking Spells and The [name_u]Future[/name_u] of [name_u]Fire[/name_u] are fine if anyone gets an idea for them!)

1 Like

The future of fire

1976, Cooks street, Grovetown. A small flame flickered on the desk from a cigarette. A life changing cigarette. [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] wants to be an arson investigator, and where better to start than the famous Cooks street case? When visiting, [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] realises something amazing, and the future - or the end - of fire is in her hands.

The bicycle thief

@NephraLimu You aren’t bad at titles! I actually love yours, I just often don’t have the time to write a blurb!

The Bicycle Theif
When detective Coran Brixt hears about a bicycle theft, he thinks nothing of it. Why would he? He’s been a detective for coming up to six years and has never seen anything supernatural, why would today be any different? The logical answer: it isn’t. Coran is a very logical man so this is exactly what he thinks. The real answer: it isn’t. What’s changed is Coran’s perspective.
Now Coran has two mysteries to solve, but no leads to either.

Next: I [name_u]Will[/name_u] Always Regret That

I [name_u]Will[/name_u] Always Regret That (Warning: Dark)

“I will always regret that”.
“What?” said the therapist.
“Killing my cousin”.
“Oh, Why is that?” said the therapist.
“Because I thought I had no choice at the time”
“Why did you think that?” said the therapist.
“Because I didn’t”
“What do you mean you didn’t?” said the therapist.
“If I didn’t kill him, they would’ve killed her”

(Well, this is a contender for worst one shot I’ve ever written)

Next: How are you even alive??? or The Family book of Witchcraft

1 Like

@Chay [name_m]Ah[/name_m], thanks!

The Family Book of Witchcraft

When knowing magic exists in reality is enough to make you disappear for good, is it really any wonder that you never actually see witches wandering around?

[name_u]Eden[/name_u] Crowe knows all too well that his very existence is entirely illegal — how can he not, when everywhere he seems to look has bones stained violet with magical blood, illusion or otherwise? — but that hasn’t actually stopped him existing yet. It’s easy enough to keep quiet about who his father was, especially when his mother was a well-known witch-hunter.

(And sure, a false name is inevitably going to collapse one day… but he has very little choice in the matter).

So, when he makes the stupidest decision in his short life, something that most might have called predestined, but he considers depressingly avoidable, it’s… a little less than stellar, you know?

Losing a spellbook with your whole family tree in it at school is absolutely the worst thing that could have happened, because people know who his mother is. And yet [name_u]Eden[/name_u] isn’t quite done.

Maybe getting in an actual spell-fight with the person who found it (and decided to read it like a complete fool) was a bad idea, but hey! As long as he can run and hide from the witch-hunters out for his blood for the next sixty-five years or so, he should be fine.

It’s just that he won’t be doing that alone.

Next: [name_u]Legacy[/name_u] Retreating or The [name_f]Summer[/name_f] [name_u]Shadow[/name_u]

1 Like

The [name_f]Summer[/name_f] [name_u]Shadow[/name_u]

Everyone called her The [name_f]Summer[/name_f] [name_u]Shadow[/name_u] because when summer started she was there. I called her that because for all of the summer she was my shadow. Where I would go, she would go. What I would do, she would do. We were the best of friends for the summer and then she would go back home.

Then one summer she just stopped coming…and so did summer. Maybe we’d had it all wrong. Maybe summer was her shadow. And now it was my job to find out where she went and why she took summer with her.

Next: The Ink Stain

The Ink Stain[s]

People shouldn’t have birthmarks black as night or blue as the sky, and they definitely shouldn’t change colour… but these ones do.

[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u] are twin sisters, identical in every way… except for how they dress. Evelyn’s outfits always include a scarf, whether it’s [name_u]July[/name_u] or [name_u]December[/name_u], and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] could probably only be seen dead without her almost comically tall boots during the summer. She only ever seems to wear normal shoes when she has the excuse of thick tights to cover something.

[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Allix[/name_u] might know what that is, but he’s definitely not about to explain how.

But as the three become friends, it starts becoming obvious that their strange stains aren’t the only thing drawing them together — not that they even know they share the marks. It’s more like magic, and exactly the wrong sort of magic for a boy like [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]. After all, books are everywhere when your parents are both best-selling authors.

[name_m]Can[/name_m] the trio find a way to avoid the call of the pages, or are they doomed to fall into the world of fiction?

Next: House of the [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] or A Decade of Gemstones

House of the [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]

[name_u]Aidan[/name_u] Gradwell is hardly a stranger to stories of witch burnings, but after a whole series of wild happenings that culminate in his own violent death by fire… well, he’s starting to wonder a few things. One of which is whether you can call it ‘death’ when you feel quite distinctly alive still, and another is why he’s woken up in what seems to be a completely different world.

The House of the [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] welcomes him, their quote-unquote ‘first student’ in centuries, and as [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] struggles to adapt to a world that’s stuck in the past, he begins to gather more questions than answers.

Nobody will look at him when he asks one in particular, though – what happened to witches who died in other ways? Hangings and drownings being the methods he has in mind, because every ‘student’ of the House was burned, there is no doubt there.

And as his life before the fire sticks firmly in his mind, unlike the old lives of everyone around him, working out the answers feels important. Like a matter of life and death.

Is rising from the ashes like the House’s namesake truly possible, or is [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] lost for good?

Next: The [name_u]Thunder[/name_u] Child

2 Likes

The [name_u]Thunder[/name_u] Child

Nobody knows who the [name_u]Thunder[/name_u] Child is. They don’t know the child’s name, or where they came from, or how they got to the island to begin with… but they arrived during a horrific storm. That’s how the [name_u]Thunder[/name_u] Child got their ‘name’, in the end.

But years after the child’s mysterious arrival, when they begin to ask questions, the islanders are forced to invent a tale… it’s just that none of them can stick to the same one.

In a case of what feels like a million identities, can the [name_u]Thunder[/name_u] Child ever find out the truth… or will they work out the fact that nobody actually knows it?

Next: [name_u]Red[/name_u] [name_u]Sky[/name_u] At [name_u]Night[/name_u]

(Blurb roughly from my sister’s idea)

[name_u]Red[/name_u] [name_u]Sky[/name_u] At [name_u]Night[/name_u]

[name_u]Nat[/name_u], a sailor since he could walk, was always taught that a red sky at night signals good weather the next day, and a red sky in the morning means storms to come. On [name_f]April[/name_f] the eleventh at 6:17 A.M., [name_u]Nat[/name_u] predicted storms at sea. What he didn’t know was the kind of storms the captain of the ship was brewing.

(I had a really good idea but I got lazy and didn’t want to write it all out)

Next: From Me to You