To Encircle Circe with Magic

We’ll skip on over to [name_f]Circe[/name_f] and let time work it’s magic with [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f]. [name_f]Circe[/name_f] is probably going to be the least complicated as we only need one middle for this one. Tinuviel is a must for [name_f]Circe[/name_f], they compliment each other perfectly. To me [name_f]Circe[/name_f]'s the sweetest of names, I adore the namesake and know she’s seen as a dark and evil sorceress by some, but I always loved her and admired her traits, and I see a [name_f]Circe[/name_f] embody them: undying love, compassion, protectiveness, self respect, cleverness, imagination and beauty*.

[name_f]Circe[/name_f]: A forest girl in the starry twilight. She’s carrying candles, collecting twigs and pebbles, she wants to make a faerie circle and pray the old fashioned way. Hands all over the ground, touching everything. [name_f]Circe[/name_f]'s harp music, the lyre and the lute. She’s very true to herself, she lives and loves the way she wants to, unafraid but with a graceful fragility. A quiet romantic, a dreamer, a lover. I imagine a child quietly playing with her toys, combing the mane of her retro My [name_m]Little[/name_m] Ponies, someone nurturing. [name_u]Green[/name_u] fingers, someone gentle and caring for all life, someone carefully picking the flowers making sure not to uproot them. She’d be a vegan, a lover of trees and natural beauty. A painter, perhaps, or a dancer. Unaffected. I see the lover and the lover only. Someone who seeks solitude, someone who loves being by herself but for the lover. I think she’d be the kind of girl who still crawls into bed with her mother even when she’s grown, unafraid and knowing what she wants. Someone with a deep sense of her own being and importance. A dark sense of humour, an endless pool of knowledge about things you’d never think to know about.

Someone like these maybe: one - two - three - four - five

UPDATE [b]HERE[/b]

I have a few combos I like (and the new name’s meaning).
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] Tinuviel (succor)
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Olwen[/name_f] Tinuviel (white tracks)
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] Odine Tinuviel (poetic inspiration)
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] Eimyrja Tinuviel (embers)
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] Gersemi Tinuviel (treasure (as in most beloved))
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] Tinuviel - because [name_f]Circe[/name_f] makes me think of [name_m]Bat[/name_m] for Lashes’ [name_f]Lilies[/name_f] song

I don’t want Tolkien or Greek names as I’ve already got those. I’d [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] a Norwegian, Danish or Norse name in there, possibly Hewbrew/Yiddish or Russian. Or [name_m]French[/name_m], or maybe even Manx. I want something from my side of the family tree, so nothing Cornish, Czech, Macedonian, Finnish or Polish.

*when I say beauty it’s not limited to physical beauty; I mean a beautiful soul, a beautiful heart, beautiful kindness and compassion. A beautiful human being goes way beyond the physical, beauty and prettiness are not the same and beauty is an elevated state, in my opinion.

1 Like

My favourite is [name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] Tinuviel. The ones I don’t like are Gersemi and [name_f]Lily[/name_f] because they have the same “ee” ending as [name_f]Circe[/name_f], which sounds repetitive, and Eimyrja, which starts with the same letter [name_f]Circe[/name_f] ends with, so they run on. Sorry, but those things bother me! The first three are all good!

Hmmm I agree with Sarahmezz on this one…
Circe Ophelia Tinuviel- divine! And I’m so glad Nuvi is getting in there somewhere… I do so very much love her! There’s something grounding but still magical about Ophelia that balances Circe and Nuvi.

Circe Odine Tinuviel- lovely
Circe Olwen Tinuviel- my next favorite after Ophelia

The hubs is at work, so I’ll be back with his weigh-in. Hehe. I think he wants to see what name this bunny ends up with more than I do!

And thank you for your kind words :slight_smile:

Honestly, I think [name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] Tinuviel is a winner…mythology, [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] and Tolkein…and I’ve always seen [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] much as you describe [name_f]Circe[/name_f]. [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] is all spider silk, gossamer-fragile and yet far stronger than she looks. She’s profoundly empathic, so much so that she couldn’t shut out the feelings of others if she tried. She’s sensitive, intuitive, compassionate…even the name means “help.” She’s got a feeling of insubstantiality about her, of fragility, not because she isn’t strong, but because she’s a Seer, one of those people who walks between worlds, with one foot in each, so she’s never fully present in either. I’m rambling now, but you know I have mad love for [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], and there is no more perfect home for her than between [name_f]Circe[/name_f]'s imagination and Tinuviel’s breathless starlight.

I do also love [name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Olwen[/name_f] Tinuviel for the white footprints story, and while I’m not a fan of “just [name_f]Lily[/name_f]”, why not [name_f]Circe[/name_f] Lilje Tinuviel? Didn’t you say Lilje is Norwegian for lily? Or am I just making that up? At any rate, I know Lilje does mean lily, and it removes the double “ee” endings that [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] was talking about.

[name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] Tinuviel is perfection – so much so that I don’t think you really need any other suggestions. But I’ll try to think of a few.

[name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Svetlana[/name_f] Tinuviel
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Liliya[/name_f] Tinuviel (I also second Sessha’s suggestion of Lilje, but I like the look of the Russian [name_f]Liliya[/name_f] a tad more)
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] Tinuviel
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Viktoria[/name_f] Tinuviel (Since it seems [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] is out of the running for the [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] combo)
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Ayelet[/name_f] Tinuviel (Eh, the Ts bump together, but I still like it.)

I don’t really have anything to add. [name_m]Just[/name_m] wanted to say that your description of [name_f]Circe[/name_f] is so beautiful and poetic. Also, I agree with the others. [name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] Tinuviel is magical. I really don’t need to say why, as I think Sessha described it perfectly :).

[name_f]Dagmar[/name_f]! [name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Dagmar[/name_f] Tinuviel, be still my heart!

Ok I’ll work on sniffing out some other Norwegian/Danish/Norse names for you.

I’m going to be the naysayer and go against [name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] for [name_f]Circe[/name_f] Odine Tinuviel. I think it’s something about the repetitive “EE” sound in the 2nd syllable of each that turns me off.

Norwegian names (none of which I like better than your choices):
Alfhild
Dagrun
Runa
Iverine
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f]
Synnove

I love [name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Olwen[/name_f] Tinuviel! Gorgeous and fits your description perfectly! [name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] Tinuviel is stunning too :slight_smile: I just have two suggestions that fit your description (at least in my mind. . .) [name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] Tuniviel and [name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] Tuniviel.
[name_m]Just[/name_m] a thought about the [name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] combo, if you say it fast it kinda sounds like Seriously Tinuviel. . . just something to think about.

I just wanted to say that I really like saracita00’s suggestion of [name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Dagmar[/name_f] Tinuviel and averelladavina’s suggestions of [name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] Tinuviel and [name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] Tinuviel. And I don’t like [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] - the “feel ya” thing - I usually prefer [name_f]Olympia[/name_f], but I don’t think it works as well with [name_f]Circe[/name_f] and Tinuviel. I don’t really have any other suggestions, you’ve got some great combos! Good luck!

I think I am an outlier in saying [name_f]Circe[/name_f] Eimyrja Tinuviel is actually my favorite. I love the viking/ old norse roots to balance out the greek/tolkien sources.

Since you already have [name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] Tinuviel why not Norwegian it up with [name_f]Circe[/name_f] Lilje Tinuviel? Or better yet [name_f]Circe[/name_f] Tinuviel Lilje? ([name_f]Do[/name_f] the l -l L- sounds actually sound as different to you as they do in my head?)

I’m a little too tired after about 20 hours of work without a break. (Yay two jobs on mondays. week.) But I did immediately think of [name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] Tinuviel. (I’ll be back tomorrow and see if I can’t come up with something else).

I really like pp suggestion of [name_f]Circe[/name_f] Lilje Tuniuviel, and I’m another voter for your [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] combo, gorgeous!
Good luck.

My favourite is [name_f]Circe[/name_f] Eimyrja Tinuviel as well. I love how it sounds and a bit surprise it doesn’t get much love.

I second lex’s suggestion of [name_f]Circe[/name_f] Lilje Tinuviel.

Hmm. I much prefer [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel as the first name, but I can see why you feel it is destined with [name_f]Circe[/name_f]! I’m gonna throw out some names from different Norwegian and Scandinavian literature and just some other underused beautiful names. :slight_smile: I don’t bother adding the literature they are taken from, as I assume you know everything I know.

[name_f]Albertine[/name_f]
[name_f]Andrine[/name_f]
Anine
[name_f]Edda[/name_f]
Embla
Eyr
Frigg
[name_f]Hedda[/name_f]
[name_f]Hedvig[/name_f]
[name_f]Henny[/name_f]
Hillevi
[name_f]Ingeborg[/name_f]
Iselilja
Kaspara
[name_f]Mathea[/name_f]/ [name_f]Mattea[/name_f]
Olava
[name_f]Olea[/name_f]
[name_f]Oline[/name_f]
Ovidie/ Ovedie/ Ovedia
Petrikke
[name_f]Petrine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sigrid[/name_f]
Synne
Syrene
Syverine
Tinde
[name_f]Tindra[/name_f]
Tiril
[name_f]Tuva[/name_f]/ Thuva
[name_f]Una[/name_f]/ Une
Vendelin
Veni
Vilja
Villemo
Ylvali

I’ll make it up to you to pick the ones you like (assuming you like some) and make some combos of your own as I would love to see what you come up with :slight_smile:

I’m back!

Okay, I have a moment to look at the combos you already have.

[name_f]Remember[/name_f] my hangup with vowel-ending names being next to vowel-beginning names? Yeah, you have a lot of that going on here, so I don’t love these combos very much. :frowning: I did spot [name_f]Ondine[/name_f] and [name_f]Olwen[/name_f] making the leap from the names you suggested for me! Would you consider [name_f]Circe[/name_f] Tinuviel [name_f]Ondine[/name_f]? I like that a lot. Some thing for [name_f]Circe[/name_f] Tinuviel Eimyrja - though if Tinuviel NEEDS to stay in third spot, I think [name_f]Circe[/name_f] Eimyrja Tinuviel is the best of the vowel-to-vowel combinations.

Also I think Lilje is a great “tweak” for your [name_f]Lily[/name_f] combo. It feels very Scandinavian. Or if you’re looking for a “normal name” then I think [name_f]Lily[/name_f] would be a pretty fantastic option, it looks gorgeous with the other names, and I think Tinuviel manages to balance the similar sounds of [name_f]Circe[/name_f] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. The song makes for a nice additional layer of meaning, since you like it so much that seems important.

I’m afraid I just plain don’t care for [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] with [name_f]Circe[/name_f] and Tinuviel. C and T are utterly light delicate strength, and [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]…just isn’t quite right for some reason. Too much frill, maybe? Too heavy?

[name_f]Circe[/name_f] Gersemi Tinuviel is very cute, but it sounds…cute. I think it’s not quite right.

A couple of Scandinavian names I found:

[name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_m]Benedikte[/name_m] Tinuviel (Norwegian form of [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] "blessed”), which is attractive but maybe laced a bit too tightly.

[name_f]Circe[/name_f] Brytteva Tinuviel (bright/shining + to give) - I like the V’s in both middles here, and I think the meaning is cool considering your imagery for [name_f]Circe[/name_f].

[name_f]Circe[/name_f] Kolbjørg Tinuviel (black/dark + save/stronghold/castle)

I just have to add this! Lykke is making its way as a Norwegian name, and I think [name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel Lykke ([name_f]Circe[/name_f] Lykke [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel? Flow isn’t my thing) is to die for. (If you pronounce it the Norwegian way of course, sur-see lykk-ee isn’t the bestest of sounds). The meaning is great, it’s Scandinavian and oh, my loooooord, the image. My heart might just beat its way out of my chest.

Yep I say she’s practically finished and filed away already! My heart jumps for joy to see Nuvi in anything, so really the first middle is just icing on the cake of a beautifully perfect combo. My top 2 would be your original pairing and Sessh’s fantastic new suggestion, if you choose to add that to the list. =]

[name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] Tinuviel- I like [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], I don’t love [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], but I know you love her and she sounds divine
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Lilja[/name_f] Tinuviel- A great namesake, a lovely flower, and this new spelling is a perfect nod to your heritage

[name_f]Circe[/name_f] Lilje Tunuviel
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] Tinuviel
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] Eimyrja Tinuviel/ Tinuviel Eimyrja

Nothing to add at the moment because these three are unimpeachable. Where do you find your child photographs? That girl with the cat makes me happy.

As basically everyone else, I’m full aboard the [name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel team. It flows, it’s a ravishing combination, the names are so beautiful, what’s there more to want? :smiley:

And some suggestion:
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] Aviaaja [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] Briseis [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Eira[/name_f] [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Ellisif[/name_f] [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Elva[/name_f] [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] Eostre [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] Frigga [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] Frøydis [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel (Frøydis meaning “sister”)
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] Idunn [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Iselin[/name_f] [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] Ivalo [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] Nerthus [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] Ostara [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] Regitze [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel (pronunciation of Regitze)
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] Sibilja [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] Sifa [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Sigrid[/name_f] [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel (or [name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel [name_f]Sigrid[/name_f])
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] Sølva [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel Lærke (Danish for “lark”)
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel [name_f]Noor[/name_f]
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel Rǫskva/Røskva
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel Veslemøy (this is such a stretch but I absolutely adore Veslemøy, it’s so adorable)
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] Valdís [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel

And I love the suggestions of:
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Dagmar[/name_f] [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] Eimyrja [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel (was gonna suggest this myself actually)
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] Lilje [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel (or [name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel Lilje depending on how you pronounce Lilje)