Transgirl - need name help 😓

Hello lovely people :blush:

I wanted to turn to this community for help because of all the wonderful input you all share with names.

This is a bit unconventional for this forum, but I’m looking to change my name to something that’s more female gender affirming. I’m at a total loss. . . . there are so many beautiful names and I don’t know how to pick the best one for me! I’m hoping that some of you can help me find one? I’m currently going by [name_u]Frankie[/name_u], as a unisex variation from my birth name, but it’s just not for me. . . I’ve been leaning towards [name_f]Selena[/name_f] (the most), [name_u]Kendall[/name_u], [name_f]Mia[/name_f], [name_u]Harmony[/name_u], [name_f]Sienna[/name_f], [name_f]Natalie[/name_f], [name_f]Laia[/name_f], and so on. . . Honestly my interest changes every week. I want my name to be meaningful - something related to beauty, love, nature, harmony, truth or something in this realm.

Any ideas? To give a background of myself I am a bit tall and slender, fair skin, dark brown hair and eyes, hispanic, educated. [name_f]My[/name_f] interests range from music, art, literature, film, nature, animals and science education. I’m also INFP if that paints a better picture of who I am.

Any help/suggestions/ideas will be much appreciated!!! :sob::pray:

2 Likes

If you’re going by [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] (which I love) have you thought of [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] or [name_f]Frances[/name_f]?

Of your names I like [name_f]Laia[/name_f] and [name_f]Natalie[/name_f].

I’d suggest:
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f] - “heavenly”
[name_f]Isidora[/name_f] - “gift of [name_f]Isis[/name_f]”
[name_f]Lupe[/name_f] - “valley of the wolf?”
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] - “youthful”
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]- “flower”
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]- “pleasantness”
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] - “white, fair”
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] - “truthful, of nobility”
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] - “bright, clear”
[name_f]Leonora[/name_f] nn [name_f]Leni[/name_f] or [name_f]Nora[/name_f] -“ ray of light”
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]- “god has answered”
[name_f]Eva[/name_f] - “life”
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]- “pride, glory”
[name_f]Alexa[/name_f] - “defender of men”
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] -“hazelnut, wished for child”
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] - “leaping water”
[name_f]Irena[/name_f]- “peace”

Lots of these have great meanings and I think somewhat for your style! Let me know if I can suggest any more.

3 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there! I’ve got to admit that I get a little over-excited when I see a thread by a fellow trans individual because I love helping them with names :smiley: I found my own chosen name here! [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to Nameberry!

Those are some beautiful choices! I like [name_f]Selena[/name_f], [name_u]Harmony[/name_u], and [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] the most.

Some inspired by your choices:
[name_f]Melody[/name_f] - [name_u]Mel[/name_u] (song; to sing)
[name_f]Natalia[/name_f] - [name_u]Nat[/name_u], [name_f]Lia[/name_f], [name_u]Lee[/name_u]
[name_f]Serena[/name_f] - (clear, tranquil, serene)
[name_f]Maya[/name_f]/[name_f]Maia[/name_f]
[name_f]Aria[/name_f] - [name_u]Ari[/name_u] (song, melody; air)
[name_f]Celestia[/name_f]/[name_f]Celeste[/name_f] - (of the sky; heavenly)
[name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] - (star)
[name_f]Jade[/name_f] - (the precious stone)
[name_u]Sierra[/name_u] - (mountain range)
[name_f]Destiny[/name_f] - (to determine)
[name_u]Lyric[/name_u]/[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] - (songlike)
[name_f]Callisto[/name_f]/[name_f]Kallisto[/name_f] - [name_f]Callie[/name_f] (most beautiful)
[name_f]Paige[/name_f]
[name_f]Raisa[/name_f] - (rose)
[name_f]Keira[/name_f]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Autumn[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] - (golden)

Meaningful:
[name_u]Abilene[/name_u] - meadow
[name_f]Adama[/name_f] - “daughter of beauty”
Agape - love
[name_f]Alessia[/name_f] - defending warrior
[name_f]Amanda[/name_f] - lovable, worthy of love
[name_u]Amor[/name_u] - love
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f] - lovely, elegant
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] - fair, beautiful goddess
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] - goddess of dawn
[name_f]Calla[/name_f] - type of lily; “beauty”
[name_f]Carita[/name_f] - dearness, esteem, love
[name_f]Charity[/name_f] - generous love; dear, beloved
[name_f]Concordia[/name_f] - “harmony”
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] - dahlia flower
[name_f]Danai[/name_f] - “love one another”
[name_f]Darya[/name_f] - ocean
[name_f]Diana[/name_f] - moon goddess
[name_m]Farley[/name_m] - woodland clearing
[name_f]Harmonia[/name_f] - harmony, agreement
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] - hazel tree
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] - rainbow (greek goddess)
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] - ivy plant
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] - juniper tree
[name_f]Kalliope[/name_f] - beautiful voice, beauty
Kanani - “the beauty”
Lavanya - beauty, grace
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f] - pleasant or beautiful
[name_f]Olive[/name_f] - olive tree
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] - precious gem
[name_f]Paloma[/name_f] - dove
[name_f]Rosetta[/name_f] - rose blossom
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]/[name_f]Minna[/name_f] - love
[name_u]Willow[/name_u] - willow tree
[name_f]Wisteria[/name_f] - wisteria flower
[name_f]Venus[/name_f] - greek goddess of love and sexuality
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]/[name_f]Veradis[/name_f] - truth, truthful one
[name_f]Zinnia[/name_f] - zinnia flower

I may have gone overboard, but I’d be happy to find more! Good luck!

5 Likes

[name_f]Selena[/name_f] seems like a good fit!!

You might also like
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Serena[/name_f]
[name_f]Paloma[/name_f]
[name_f]Mina[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Summer[/name_f]
[name_u]Casey[/name_u]
[name_f]Leah[/name_f]
[name_u]Sierra[/name_u]
[name_f]Savannah[/name_f]

1 Like

wow i loveeeee that! I got a tad bit to excited while reading it lol. I think sienna would go beautifully with you and the meaning that you’re going for!

1 Like

[name_f]Selena[/name_f] sounds absolutely perfect for you!

I also really love [name_f]Selene[/name_f] (seh-LEE-nee), which is the name of the Greek goddess of the moon and has always struck me as such a serene, sophisticated, underappreciated name, but really pretty and distinctive. It sounds like it would suit you well :crescent_moon:

Best of luck!

2 Likes

I like everything from your list, but I am partial to [name_f]Mia[/name_f] and [name_f]Natalie[/name_f]. [name_f]Selena[/name_f] definitely checks all of your boxes though!

Other ideas:

[name_f]Lilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]
[name_f]Serena[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Kira[/name_f]
[name_f]Vienna[/name_f]
[name_f]Alaina[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]
[name_u]Sierra[/name_u]
[name_f]Marlena[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Selena[/name_f] seems very fitting! I also like [name_u]Kendall[/name_u], [name_f]Mia[/name_f], [name_u]Harmony[/name_u], [name_f]Sienna[/name_f], [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] or [name_f]Laia[/name_f] for you.

Beauty
[name_f]Bella[/name_f]
[name_f]Calista[/name_f]
[name_f]Jolie[/name_f]
[name_f]Linda[/name_f]
[name_f]Venus[/name_f]

[name_u]Love[/name_u]
[name_f]Amanda[/name_f]
[name_f]Amy[/name_f]
[name_f]Azalea[/name_f]
[name_f]Carys[/name_f]
Esmé

[name_u]Nature[/name_u]
[name_f]Acacia[/name_f]
[name_f]Camellia[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Fleur[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosa[/name_f]

[name_u]Harmony[/name_u]
[name_f]Aria[/name_f]
[name_f]Concordia[/name_f]
[name_f]Irene[/name_f]
[name_f]Melody[/name_f]
[name_f]Mira[/name_f]
[name_f]Rena[/name_f]
[name_f]Winnie[/name_f]

[name_u]Truth[/name_u]
[name_f]Alethea[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]
[name_f]Adalina[/name_f]
[name_f]Leah[/name_f]
[name_f]Mila[/name_f]
[name_u]Sydney[/name_u]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]
[name_f]Jessica[/name_f]
[name_f]Samantha[/name_f]
[name_f]Ariana[/name_f]
[name_u]Skye[/name_u]
[name_u]Taylor[/name_u]
[name_u]Ariel[/name_u]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f]
[name_f]Camila[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]
[name_f]Yasmin[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexa[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f]
[name_f]Kylie[/name_f]
[name_f]Kayla[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Selena[/name_f] for you, but I also really like [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] and [name_f]Laia[/name_f]! The only one of your options I would caution you against is [name_u]Kendall[/name_u], because you say you’re looking for something more feminine and [name_u]Kendall[/name_u] feels unisex to me, more similar to [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]. Good luck with picking the right new name for yourself!

2 Likes

I spent a lot of time on here looking at names when I was changing mine too! (I’m a butch lesbian who was given a very old fashioned and feminine name at birth and wanted something gender neutral).

Of the names you mentioned, I really like [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] and [name_f]Mia[/name_f]. I’d also check to see how popular the name you’re thinking of was when you were born, just to be sure it fits with your generation.

Some options I think could be good:

• [name_f]Elena[/name_f] - bright, shining light
  • [name_u]Carmen[/name_u] - garden
  • [name_f]Bryony[/name_f] or [name_f]Briony[/name_f] - to sprout
  • [name_f]Iris[/name_f] - rainbow
  • [name_f]Clara[/name_f] - bright and clear
3 Likes

Honestly this must be so challenging for you I cannot imagine how difficult choosing a new name for yourself must be?! So good luck with finding a new name for yourself and with everything else that may be occurring during this time frame along with life moving forward :purple_heart::purple_heart:

I love the idea of [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] that has been previously suggested it’s a beautiful name and you still get to keep the [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] nickname which is lovely.

From your list I think [name_f]Selena[/name_f], [name_f]Mia[/name_f] & [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] are beautiful especially [name_f]Mia[/name_f] love this name!
Suggestions

[name_f]Maya[/name_f]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Esperanza[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_f]Amara[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonora[/name_f]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Zipporah[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleri[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helped

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] first thought upon reading your post, was [name_f]Freya[/name_f] *. You seem to like a ‘frillier’ type name that will be read automatically as female (rather than no-fuss, androgynous [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]), you enjoy [name_f]Selena[/name_f] (goddess of the moon) and you want a meaningful name full of beauty, love and such. It would also have that subtle link to your past (and present) self (Fr-), should you like to see it that way.

*In the simplest of explanations, [name_f]Freya[/name_f] is a goddess in Norse Mythology. Her name means ‘lady’, and she is the goddess of love, beauty, fertility, gold & seiðr (magic/sorcery).

4 Likes

I agree! [name_f]Selena[/name_f] seems like a lovely choice! Also, not sure if you’re looking to change your middle name as well or not but [name_f]Selena[/name_f] [name_u]Harmony[/name_u] and [name_f]Selena[/name_f] [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] would be lovely.

1 Like

Thanks so much for these suggestions!

Hello! So wonderful to meet you on here! :blush:

It must have been such a relief for you and a blessing when you found your name! [name_m]How[/name_m] did that process look like for you?

If you could rank the three that you picked, what order would you put them in and why? :eyes: ([name_f]Selena[/name_f], [name_u]Harmony[/name_u], and [name_f]Sienna[/name_f])

So many suggestions and they’re all so beautiful! I really like:

[name_u]Lyric[/name_u]/[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] - (songlike) - I love the musical connotation and it’s pretty. I wouldn’t know how to pick between the two!
[name_f]Autumn[/name_f] I love this name, but I was born in spring, so don’t know if that would be weird to take?

Agape - love As a classics major, this has such a huge appeal since it’s the Greek word for love in it’s universal and unselfish form. Would be really interesting to have! [name_f]My[/name_f] only worry would be that people would pronounce it the [name_f]English[/name_f] way (as in mouth wide open. . . )
[name_u]Amor[/name_u] - love Such a beautiful idea. I want to dwell more on this one since this is a common word in the Spanish language. I’m not sure how it would resonate with my latin community, but as a name - so unique!
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] - goddess of dawn this name is wonderful. Huge sleeping beauty connection, so I need to dwell on whether I want that comparison. . .)
[name_f]Calla[/name_f] - type of lily; “beauty” haven’t heard of this one - thanks!
[name_f]Charity[/name_f] - generous love; dear, beloved absolutely, yes! I want to practice charity in my life as much as possible, so this name really speaks to me. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you know if there are any others like this in meaning?
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] - rainbow (greek goddess)* colorful meaning :wink:I really like it
Kanani - “the beauty” Never heard this one! I really like it

1 Like

Thanks so much! I like [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] too :blush:

1 Like

Thanks! The greek version is really interesting - thank you for that suggestion :blush:

1 Like

It must have been such a relief when you found a name! [name_m]How[/name_m] did that process ultimately look like for you?

Great suggestions, and great tip on the year of birth popularity!

It is very challenging - thank you for understanding!

And thank you for your suggestions/comments. Very helpful!