Triple H

Hey everyone,

We are both in love with a name for our daughter… here’s the thing, the middle name, a tribute to my late grandmother, combined with this first name and our last name gives our baby HHH initials! Our little triple H (funny coz hubby was obsessed with wrestling as A kid.)

Am worried is this… unfair?

[name_u]Halle[/name_u] [name_f]Helen[/name_f] H- , ends in [name_m]Son[/name_m].

Not unfair, it doesn’t sound ideal or good to me but if you love the name, it may work.

4 Likes

I think it would be good to change it up a bit, for example swapping out [name_f]Helen[/name_f] for [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].

1 Like

if you love it, i think it’s fine! HHH doesn’t spell out anything, so i can’t see it garnering more than an occasional “huh.” plus middle names honestly don’t come up that often.

2 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Nah, I think it’s fine…and actually pretty cute. [name_u]Halle[/name_u] [name_f]Helen[/name_f] is sweet, & special since it honors your grandmother. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it’s fine. It sounds fun

1 Like

I think it’s fine! It seems like you really love the name and it all fits together nicely. [name_u]Halle[/name_u] [name_f]Helen[/name_f] is cute together. Like other people said, it doesn’t spell anything bad or mean anything bad.

1 Like

I think it’s okay

1 Like

[name_u]Halle[/name_u] is so sweet!! [name_f]Helen[/name_f] is a great honor name. If you’re worried, you could use a variant of [name_f]Helen[/name_f] that doesn’t start with an “H”? What about:

[name_u]Halle[/name_u] [name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_u]Halle[/name_u] [name_f]Eileen[/name_f]
[name_u]Halle[/name_u] Eleanor/Halle [name_f]Elinor[/name_f]

Good luck!

1 Like

I think it works!

1 Like

I think Halle Helen is very cute, and I’m definitely in the “it’s usable” camp, but I just wanted to mention that when I read Triple H, I immediately thought of H.H. Holmes. Probably not a common association, but every once in a while someone may mention that there was once a serial killer with the same initials.

1 Like

It may not be ideal, but it certainly isn’t a big deal! It sounds like you love the name, and that’s what matters.

1 Like

Seconded! I like it!

1 Like

Tbh I had to look up who triple h is (or what the reference even was!) and even now knowing what you’re talking about I still say it’s 100% usable. A large amount of people aren’t into professional wrestling, and even if they are, the likelihood that they will know your daughters full name, change her name into initials think about her initials and then make the correlation between ‘triple h’ and h.h.h. is so minuscule I wouldn’t worry about it. Plus it’s kinda a cute/secretive nod to dad as well as honoring grandma plus [name_u]Halle[/name_u] [name_f]Helen[/name_f] is cute & fun to say!

2 Likes

Its fine! Im not even sure how HHH relates to wrestling lol. My first thought was 4-H actually but only because I was trying to figure out triple H.

2 Likes

I mean… Why not? It’s not like some of the things I’ve seen on here- People have asked if GAS & KKK were okay.

1 Like

honestly I clicked on this one BECAUSE of the wrestler association. Seems like something that COULD get old and cause some eye rolls. But also who knows time will tell… plus [name_u]Halle[/name_u] [name_f]Helen[/name_f] does seem kind of sing songy. I’d keep [name_f]Helen[/name_f] and change up the first a bit.

1 Like

Wow thank you everyone for the response! Lots of great responses, more positive than I expected!

You mentioning it seems a little sing songy is correctly explaining how I feel about it, the three H , the [name_u]Halle[/name_u] [name_f]Helen[/name_f] I was wondering if it felt sort of like a fun cartoon character name! Haha I’m not sure although we won’t be calling her “Halle [name_f]Helen[/name_f] it’s dinner!” [name_m]Just[/name_m] [name_u]Halle[/name_u]

1 Like

It is a cute nod to dad, triple H was/is his fav wrestler! I didn’t think of it like that! Since I met my husband a lot of meaningful places/events/things in my life have started with H including our shared last name.

1 Like