Ttc 2016

Hello berries - I know it’s pretty early to start this thread but I figured if I’ll be TTC in 2016 surely some of you will be. It’s a little ways off but I’d like to talk about it if anybody else is willing.

Hubby and I miscarried in [name_u]July[/name_u] and decided we’d take the rest of 2015 to focus on ourselves, individually and as a couple. We just celebrated our 3rd anniversary and it was lovely. He works for a software company that deals with taxes so his busy season is [name_u]November[/name_u] - [name_f]April[/name_f]. We think we’ll officially start TTC as soon as he’s finished with working overtime which will be mid [name_f]April[/name_f]. I’m taking this time to work on myself, focus on classes, and work extra shifts at the hospital to save a little more money.

Anybody else planning to start trying in 2016? I can’t wait to hear from you!

Hoping somebody wants to join this thread!

Hello [name_f]Lainy[/name_f]!

I got your pm earlier on, I’m so glad you started this thread! It may seem early to post it for some people but for those of us who are ttc next year its so exciting! Now we can talk about it all we want!

[name_m]Will[/name_m] it be your first time ttc? It will be mine. SO and I have chosen [name_u]March[/name_u] because we’re going on holiday to Australia which is so huge for us, being from the UK. It seems the perfect plan to start ttc whilst we’re there! We would love to have ttc this year, but we really wanted our Australia holiday and thought we’d do that first!

I look forward to hearing more from you! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] [name_f]Carys[/name_f]! I love your name by the way, it’s always been a favorite of mine. This will be our second time trying, we were trying last fall but never got a positive. This last spring we weren’t trying at all and had an unexpected surprise that sadly ended in miscarriage. We’ve decided to wait until next spring to try again and hopefully everything will work out. I will turn 30 in [name_f]February[/name_f] and I am definitely ready to be a mom. :slight_smile: I would love to visit Australia! I live in the US and I’ve always wanted to travel the world – too bad it’s so expensive!

Possibly TTC between Sep - Dec 2016.

As being overweight can be a major infertility factor, I have given myself atleast 12 months to lose 25-30kgs. So we will hopefully be blessed with good news after a lot of hard work!!!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] emilyjayne255 - I will also be working on my health over the next few months. I don’t have a number in mind but I would like to cut out excess sugar, caffeine, and try to maintain an exercise routine. I go in spurts where I’m really good at hitting the gym and doing healthy meal prep to being a lazy bum and getting take out. I wish you the best of luck with your weight loss goals!

Hello everyone. Hubs and I are looking to start trying next summer after he gets back from deployment and my student loans are paid down some more.
I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks in [name_u]March[/name_u] so I’ve spent the rest of the year dealing with that and my many emotions.
While I’m excited to have a baby, I tread dealing my parents because I’ve always protested having kids but in the past two years decided that I actually want to be a mom. However my family still jokes that I’ll never have kids because I hate them. I’m just waiting for a boatload of awkwardness much the same as when I got engaged.

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] thefuturemrsb! I hope your family comes around quickly and becomes supportive, I would like to think they will! Student loans are a big worry for me too but I just keep telling myself that if I wait to pay those down/off something else will come up that I want to try to make perfect before having a baby and then it will never happen.

I was about 8.5 weeks when I miscarried in [name_u]July[/name_u] and I thought I was doing OK until I started seeing gender reveals for babies due around when I would have been - that really hit hard and reopened the wound. This sort of grief is so different than anything I’ve ever dealt with before & it’s very hard for me to not be jealous or even upset when I find out other people are pregnant. If you ever need to talk feel free to pm me.

We’re (hopefully) going to start TTC in [name_u]Jan[/name_u]/Feb.

2015 has been a difficult year for us and we’ve had three miscarriages. Currently we’re undergoing some testing, but the doctor says that everything looks fine with both of us so far. My sister experienced the same and she’s had three healthy children since, so I’m hoping that we’ve just been unlucky, too. We remain positive and are excited to start trying again x

Me!! Right now we’re sort of TTW while I’m regulating after having my IUD removed, but if we don’t get pregnant before 2016 we’ll definitely be trying then! The last official time frame we had decided on was starting to try in [name_u]March[/name_u], but I’m not really sure if we’re sticking with that or not. We found out my husband’s last semester of school is only going to be like one class one evening a week, which means he can probably start working full time ish earlier than we thought, so I think we’ll be ok to move it up. I need to sit him down and solidify the plan, but I haven’t been too worried about it because nothing has been happening since my IUD removal… but it looks like that’s finally changing, so hoping we can start officially trying soon!!

We are! I’m stopping my BC while Hubs is away and we’re going to try when he gets home summer of 16. Due to our move time and the length of travel to get there we’re going to have a small gap between our attempts. Probably [name_u]June[/name_u]-Aug and then Dec on out.

daphodil - I’m so sorry for your loss. 2015 was a hard year for us too, I am excited to start fresh in 2016. [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] & good luck!

shalexis - [name_f]Welcome[/name_f]! Hopefully things start moving along quickly after post IUD removal. :slight_smile:

thefuturemrsb - sending good vibes your way while you wait - that is the hardest part!

Thanks! We’re having a massive sale at my work today and tomorrow for Veteran’s [name_u]Day[/name_u] and one of the sales is that baby clothes are 50% off including clearance so some of them are like $1 an outfit. Hubs actually suggested we go grab some that way we aren’t buying everything all at once.

That will be fun! Sometimes when I’m at Target I walk through the baby clothes and imagine buying outfits for a lil babe. Someday!

Mhhm. We got a nice little stash of about 10 onesies, two pairs of pajamas.
I normally stick to imagining buying them but I wasn’t going to pass up the opportunity when Hubs was so excited.

Hello everyone!

Our plan was to TTC this fall, but my husband just had a major change at work. We’re hoping to get pregnant sometime this summer :slight_smile:
Honestly, it’s been very hard to wait!

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] kpandrews! I completely agree, it is so hard to wait. I love the names in your signature btw!

We’re planning on trying for our second child next year. After having my son, I realized I had 3 requirements my son had to meet before I would be willing to try for a second child: potty trained, sleeping through the night (mostly), weaned. He’s met the first two to my satisfaction, but he’s weaning very gradually. At his current pace, I think he’ll wean sometime next year. I’m trying to brace myself for another pregnancy and first year, aka more brain damage from long term sleep deprivation. Maybe, I’ll get lucky and my second child will actually sleep.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone!
My husband and I decided that after our daughter’s second birthday in [name_f]May[/name_f], we will start trying for a second child. I figure that by the time the new baby is born, my daughter will be about 3 years old.

2016 is almost here! Anyone starting to TTC right away? We’re TTW right now but switching to TTC come [name_m]New[/name_m] Year’s, and it just hit me this week that [name_u]January[/name_u] is not that far away at all!! I’m doubting that I’ll get pregnant too quickly, because I’m pretty fresh off my IUD and my body is probably going to take longer than I would like to figure itself out, but it’s still pretty exciting! I need to get working on my name lists (see all the question marks in my signature, haha)!!