Ttc 2019

It’s here Ladies!

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to everyone that’s new to the TTC game in 2019, and a fresh hello to those coming over from the previous thread.

For the newbies, be aware and be courteous, some of the posters have been on this boat for longer than anyone wants.

Good luck to everyone, I hope no one stays too long! Introduce yourself, when do you plan on starting?

(Some quick abbreviations for those who don’t know —-
TTC - Trying to Conceive
TWW - Two Week Wait (Time between ovulation and anticipated menstruation)
CD - Cycle [name_u]Day[/name_u]
DPO - Days past/post ovulation
OPK - Ovulation Prediction [name_u]Kit[/name_u]
BFP/BFN - Big F(choose your F word) Positive/Negative)

Hey @kibby! Thanks for starting this group. I hope to not be in here long.

To introduce myself to newbies, I have 2 kids ([name_m]Konrad[/name_m] - almost 5 and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] - 2.5). Apparently I am unfortunately suffering from some secondary infertility. My first two came along on the first try and now we’ve been trying for over a year for #3, since [name_f]October[/name_f] 2017.

My husband and I have decided, since we already have two kids, not to use any medical intervention, so I am at the mercy of whatever happens naturally. Which is hard. Like, really hard. Anyway, I love this group and am hoping to be more active in it because I am really needing some encouragement lately. DH just doesn’t get why I am upset and it’s nice to have some support <3

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] beautiful ladies!

We may or may not be TTC this year. We have talked about starting after hubby finishes studying in [name_u]July[/name_u], but it’s not a confirmed decision. This year has been busy and really hard (we had a big car crash and our house was broken into), so we are feeling pretty exhausted and burnt out. We might be looking at moving around [name_f]April[/name_f], so we might just focus on getting on track next year. We’ll see. Part of me really wants a baby… part of me is just further exhausted by the thought…

Wishing you all the best luck and baby dust! Xx

Thanks for starting the thread. I’m new to Nameberry and it felt so awkward to join the 2018 thread for the last few days of the year!

I’m 31 and hubs and I have been trying for 2 years (1 year actively). We’re starting our first month of infertility txs and I’m both excited and terrified. [name_m]Reading[/name_m] the forums and focusing on names has helped with some of my anxieties.

I hope 2019 is the year for a lot of us! Seems like a lovely group

@mummacat92 - that does sound so stressful! I’m sorry! From what I hear, there’s no perfect time for a newborn. I hope things settle for you and you can make a decision you’re happy about!

@meyera4 Maybe a checkup just to see if there’s anything obvious? Wouldn’t necessarily have to do any treatments. That does sound tough, glad you’ve found a place of support!

Good luck ladies! Hoping for lots of good news on this thread in the coming weeks and months.

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] ladies!!
I don’t have time for individual responses, at work haha but thought I would do a quick intro.
We started TTC back in [name_f]September[/name_f] of 2017, we had three pregnancies in early 2018, two that ended before 6 weeks and one that ended at 12 weeks back in [name_u]June[/name_u]. We aren’t actively trying to conceive as my body hasn’t cleared the hcg from the last pregnancy, and my doctor wants to run more tests regarding the recurrent miscarriages. So far everything checks out though so maybe we just had terrible luck. Right now I am just focusing on getting healthy and hope to be back on board by summer time.

We’re crazy and going for our fifth next year. We originally weren’t going to - but we want just one more. After our next, we are definitely done! We’re currently NTNP but plan to start actively trying sometime after the [name_m]New[/name_m] Year.

We have a 7 year old, 5 year old, 3 year old and 1 year old. We’re wanting a similar age gap again - we’ve always gone for a gap around 2 years.

Fingers crossed for everyone!

I’ll join you guys again now it’s almost 2019. We’re planning to start TTC in [name_u]January[/name_u].

2018 has been a crazy year for me. I got divorced and started a new relationship, and we feel the time is right for a new addition to our family. I have a three year old son, Hjörtur, from my marriage. The new baby, if we’re blessed with a son or daughter, will be the first child for SO.

@amjmc: I love you children’s names. What did you name your fourth baby? I’d love to have a big family too, which is a bit strange I didn’t want any children before I got pregnant with Hjörtur. I don’t know if I’d want five though, four seems perfect to me.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all! I recognize most of you from the TTC 2018 thread. It’s good to see you again, and nice to meet the new people. A quick intro: my partner and I have one son, [name_m]Reuben[/name_m], who is now a little over two years old. I’d hoped to get pregnant in 2018 but had health problems and some work/life balance issues to sort. Now, I’m healthy, and we’ve made some changes as a family, so we’re feeling ready to grow soon. We have some travel plans for this winter, so we’ll wait until the spring to start trying. Until then, we’ll be “not trying not to” get pregnant. No stress! Best of luck to all of us in the new year.

Hello! I’ve been on Nameberry for a while, but only for my love of names. My husband and I will be TTC #1 starting in [name_u]January[/name_u]. We’ve been married for 10 years, but my husband is in the medical field, so years of training put off bringing a baby on board. We’re both 30 (almost 31) and are now ready to take this new leap! Our close friend group has added 2 babies recently, and we’d love for our children to grow up along side them. I can become a bit obsessive about things I’m excited about, so I’m trying to not get too stressed/caught up in TTC. Best of luck and lots of baby dust to all! :slight_smile:

Four was our number. I’m one of four so it felt right but now we have four I feel like one more would be perfect. Can’t go any higher though - we wouldn’t fit six in our home!

And thank you! I love your sons name too. And most of the names in your signature!

We named our fourth Hesperia. I really should update my signature :lol:

Well, right now I’m trying not to make too many big plans for the future, you never know what happens, as I’ve experienced this year.

Good luck to everyone!

Yeah, it’s been a very big, tiring year!
No, you’re right. There really isn’t a perfect time for a baby… but I do think you can try to be as prepared as possible. I don’t think we are at the moment… everything just feels like a big mess. :frowning: I’ll be excited when we feel on top of life again, and can seriously talk about TTC.

@mummacat: I hope everything settles down and turns out fine for both of you.

SO almost can’t wait to start TTC, this would be his first child and he’s always wanted children of his own. He adores Hjörtur as well, and Hjörtur adores him too, and I’m sure SO will grow to love him as his own. We haven’t told Hjörtur that we’re planning for a brother or sister. He’ll be delighted once he’s got a sibling to look forward to and knows how long he’ll have to wait, but he’s also had a lot to take in the last few months, and since he’s so young the whole thing will be very confusing for him.

I hope so too… however, the drama continues. We were driving home [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] night and someone smashed into our car - they raced through an intersection without looking. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: We are both so exhausted… I can’t wait to put this year behind us.

@mummacat I’m so sorry that happened! As long as you are all okay, though?

We have had a hectic week already and it’s only [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f]. So hectic it’s making me reconsider a fifth!!! Kidding. But I’m so tired. Our schedule is so busy this time of year.

But Theoden’s nativity play was this morning and that was just the pick-me-up that I needed. He was so cute I couldn’t handle it.

@mummacat, I hope you guys are ok!! When it rains it pours…but hoping things turn around for you soon!

In my TWW (two week wait) now. My period is due right before my birthday so…that will be fun, haha. By now I am just assuming I’ll be starting my period since we’ve been trying for over a year, but who knows, maybe I will be pleasantly surprised!

Hello all! I’m [name_f]Claire[/name_f]

After a lengthy hiatus from NB, I’m jumping back into things by joining this group.

I have a nearly two-year old named [name_f]Jane[/name_f], and we’ve been TTC our second for about a year now. With [name_f]Jane[/name_f], our TTC journey was about 2 years long and involved quite a lot of medical intervention. This time around, we’re experiencing many of the same issues.

I have my fingers crossed that 2019 will be a lucky year for us all!

Yeah, we are okay. A few sore muscles and bruises. Hubby had a pretty banged up knee and got x-rays, but pretty sure it’s just deep bruising. The other driver seemed fine, but his car was bigger than ours.

It definitely pooouuurrs!! I’m so over it all. I’m so excited for [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] and the NY, and to just put this year behind us.