Ttc 2019

Well…I think it’s time for me to pop in over here. My period hasn’t started yet but all signs point to it being here soon, which will effectively close the book on TTC 2018.

I recognize many of you guys from the 2018 thread or just from around the forums in general. For those who don’t know me, my name is [name_f]Alyssa[/name_f]. DH and I have been trying for our first baby for what will be 3 years in 2019 (specifically, in Feb of 2019). We’ve had at least two chemical pregnancies and I suspect this cycle yielded another one, but I don’t have proof on that. Anyhow, we’ve had lots of testing done and I did 9 rounds of Clomid but nothing worked. We’ve decided against any further medical treatments until halfway through the year, at least, but we are taking it step by step and will re-evaluate as needed.

I’m so excited to see what 2019 brings and hope it brings babies for all of us!!

Not currently TTC, but wishing everyone luck for the upcoming year. :two_hearts: I know some of the women in this thread have been through hell and back, so I’m hoping to see some happy posts in this thread.

@mummacat- I’m so sorry! Sending some relaxing vibes your way!

@amjmc- Aww I’m glad the Nativity play went well. Soo cute!

@seedsandstones- [name_u]Love[/name_u] your no stress attitude!

@whiskmeaway- What a long road! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] it’s a short wait!!

@namergirl- I can’t imagine, let’s hope 2019 is the year!!!

@claireelisewren- Sorry that you have to go through the medical interventions again! I’m starting all that now and it’s no fun

@meyera4- waiting is the absolute worst! It’s my least favorite part- trying not to get hopes up but feeling crushed when another month passes. I’m waiting right now for my next US so we’ll know when the time is right for my IUI. I feel like a pin cushion, between blood draws and ultrasounds. I’m in the medical field but I’m still amazed by how medicalized and icky infertility txs feel

I know I missed some posts- sorry! I’m hoping no one has to be on the thread for long!! Let’s hope for a successful 2019!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all! I’m a longtime name lover but I’m new to this board. I turned 30 last month and my husband and I decided it’s finally time :slight_smile: IUD comes out on [name_u]January[/name_u] 2nd!

@[name_f]Alyssa[/name_f]: fingers crossed! I remember your posts in the TTC 2018 thread.

@awkwardinpink: welcome! I turned 30 in [name_f]October[/name_f].

Had my period this week, and I’ve started tracking my cycle again.

Hello everyone!

Joining in from the other thread. I still have a chance to get pregnant in [name_u]December[/name_u] as my [name_f]Flo[/name_f] isn’t quite expected until the end of the month. But I’m suspecting an ovarian cyst right now, so my chances are pretty slim.

Not entirely sure how much we will TTC this coming year. I have some health issues to address that will hopefully pave the way to a healthy pregnancy in the future. Finances is something else we want to continue working on getting into tighter order. I might be losing my job soon so that will put a damper on things in the short term.

About myself…being TTC on and off since 2014 and more seriously in the last six months. Have two children and two pets (a cat and dog :slight_smile: ) I may have PCOS, but most definitely a hormonal imbalance. Been pursuing natural methods to manage.

Nice to meet you all :slight_smile:

Waves

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] ladies! DH and I are planning to start TTC this month. We already have a super active (and lovely) toddler and I feel slightly crazy for thinking about #2 so soon. I had three MC’s before getting our rainbow so feeling a bit nervous, but hoping for a more uncomplicated route this time.

I love seeing new faces and also to see some returning ones (though, most certainly, I hope we can all get our miracles and move on from the TTC threads quickly). Good luck to everyone!

I know this thread probably won’t pick up for a little bit, but I can finally join this thread in an official sense. My period finally showed, after a 50-day cycle. It sucks to have another month of it not happening but I feel like I can finally look forward to the new year, with new hope.

Hello everyone!

My name is [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] & I have been trying to conceive since [name_u]March[/name_u] 2018.

I’ve had 3 miscarriages all one after the other. In [name_f]April[/name_f] at 5weeks exactly, [name_u]June[/name_u] at 5weeks 2days & [name_u]July[/name_u] 5weeks 5days. These were the only times I got positive results from testing.

After those 3 miscarriages that were known I had very heavy bleeding for months (including not) although not as bad anymore. My periods (AF) were very irregular between [name_u]July[/name_u] and [name_f]September[/name_f]/[name_f]October[/name_f]. They are now back at 28 days per cycle. Still actively trying with no hope though.

I’ve been on medication for vitamin deficiencies etc so I definitely wasn’t lacking anything like that. Definitely no luck for me so far big fingers crossed that my time will come - it’ll be so work it.

@[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]: Wow, I’m so sorry to hear about your recent miscarriages! My heart breaks for you. I truly hope you are able to conceive again and have a healthy, full-term pregnancy. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] I’m not overstepping my bounds here, but have doctors found any sort of reason for the miscarriages? I’ve heard of recurrent-loss panels (I think they are called) and, while I don’t know if that is an option for you, I hope doctors are able to find a solution to whatever issue could be causing this.

Well, I am feeling exceptionally down. It’s been over 6 months since my third miscarriage and I still have hcg in my system. And it’s gone UP again instead of down. I had it down to 43, and now two weeks later it’s up at 58. (No chance of pregnancy) I was really hoping this nightmare would be over by now. My impending due date of [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] [name_u]Day[/name_u] is quickly approaching and I just feel increasingly defeated. I need this year to end in the worst way, I need the option to restart in 2019, fresh and free.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone! I’m [name_f]Stella[/name_f] as you may already know♥
I’m a mum of 3: [name_f]Valentina[/name_f], [name_m]Thiago[/name_m] and [name_m]Leandro[/name_m]. My fiancee and I are planning on starting TTC around [name_f]April[/name_f]-[name_f]May[/name_f] 2019, so I thought I’d just pop in and introduce myself, as I will be taking part in this forum along my journey. Good luck to every one of you, hugs&kisses,
[name_f]Stella[/name_f].

@kibby: I’m so sorry to hear that. I hope you can start 2019 with some good news and positive thoughts.

@stellarvra99: welcome, and I love your children’s names, especially [name_m]Thiago[/name_m].

@Kibby- oh my goodness, that’s just crazy! Have they looked for another reason as to why the HCG is still up? I think you’re right that nightmare is the right word. I’m hoping 2019 can be a fresh start for you

@olivia - I’m so sorry to hear of your losses. I hope 2019 brings you answers and a healthy pregnancy.
@alyssa - yay for getting that darn cycle over with!
@stella - welcome!
@kibby - ugh what the heck, HCG. Go away (for now!). Thinking of you as this tough time of year approaches.

I’m supposed to Ovulate on [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] day…while we are staying at my inlaws house…so I have a feeling this will NOT be my month, haha. I’ve been feeling encouraged by other womens’ stories lately about overcoming secondary infertility, but I keep wondering, will that be my story too? Or will I be one of the women who just never can have any more kids? I hate the not knowing, but, such is life I guess :slight_smile:

Wishing everyone happy holidays and a very wonderful, fertile, impregnated [name_m]New[/name_m] Year ;-D

@kibby: What in the world?! Oh, hun, I’m so sorry this is still going on. I don’t remember seeing anything, so maybe you already said, but do they have any sort of explanation for this? I really hope this is over for you soon!

@meyera4: Yikes, what timing! If you guys are able to BD in the days before or after ovulation, you could still have a chance…hopefully that is possible for you! For what it is worth, I know quite a few women who experienced secondary infertility who went on to have more children. It isn’t impossible and I am hopeful that you’ll have another wonderfully-named baby in your arms soon <3

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] ladies, I posted once a while ago in the TTC 2018 thread then kinda fell off the face of the uh, forums.
I’ll try to be better at keeping up on this thread which it looks like I will be joining since my FRER was negative this morning at 12 dpo.

This next month will be cycle 3 TTC. I was spoiled the first time around and got pregnant the first cycle with our son who is now three. I am 32, DH is 44, and I have 2 adult stepchildren as well.

On the negative side, DH really wanted to have a child that could be enrolled in school with a birthday before the [name_f]September[/name_f] 1 cutoff, and we are now missing that. But on the positive side of things, my cycles have been perfectly predictable 28 days since I stopped bc.

Best wishes to everyone!

@orchid_lover: Nice to “see” you again! Sorry you ended up having to be part of this thread and that this cycle didn’t work out, but hopefully your stay here will be short! Also, it isn’t too big of a deal to miss the birthday cutoff at schools :slight_smile: I missed the cutoff by literally a couple of days (the cutoff here is or at least was in [name_u]June[/name_u]). All that really ended up happening was that I was one of the oldest kids in my grade. I don’t mean to brush it off lightly, since it does seem important to at least your DH and I know how disappointing it can be to not have something work out the way you were hoping, but just a little bit of encouragement for ya :slight_smile:

well it looks like I’m joining this group. my blood test came back today as negative for pregnancy, its just taking longer than usual to get it all out of my system. we have decided to try one more time and if we loose the next one too, we will see a doctor about it. that will make 3 early losses within 6 months, which seems to be the general rule for concern.

for those of you who weren’t in the 2018 group- hi, my SO and I have been ttc for almost 2 years now and are trying for our first. hopefully we all get our BFP this year!