Ttc 2020!

I’m 28, husband 29, and planning on ttc for our first baby starting july 2020. The waiting is because I have to lose weight, quit smoking, do sport and start eating healthier, also because we both work A LOT and we need to figure out what to do in order to being able to care for a baby, but honestly I cant wait, baby fever has been a huge thing for a couple years now.

Anyone else planning on ttc in 2020?? We could wait togther :slight_smile:

Waiting to hear your stories!

3 Likes

We are planning to start trying for our fourth and final baby in [name_u]January[/name_u] of 2020. We have a 9 week old now and want them to be close in age, but are waiting to be 6 months post-partum. It’s a long way off but will be here before we know it! I feel like I was just pregnant! (Because I was!) So the thought of going through all of that again is a bit overwhelming, but this is our last baby, and it will be worth it.

I am 33, my husband is soon to be 34, and we have three little ones already (4, 2.5, and 9 weeks). Ideally we would love to give our youngest a sister since the two boys are kind of paired off already, but we’ll see what happens!

Our twins are almost 13 months and we’ll probably try again [name_f]Spring[/name_f]/[name_f]Summer[/name_f] 2020 when they’re almost 2. I’m 33 and he’s 32 so we don’t want to wait too long. If we’re lucky the boys will be between 2 1/2 - 3 years old when their sibling is born. Hopefully just one this time. Lol Either way that will complete our family. :smiley:

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] ladies! :smiley: Excited to see this thread up!

Hubby and I had a “when should we think about babies” discussion in [name_u]January[/name_u], and we decided to reassess in 18 months (which would mean [name_u]June[/name_u] / [name_u]July[/name_u] 2020). At the moment, I’m thinking we’ll probably start TTC in [name_u]August[/name_u] or [name_f]September[/name_f] 2020.

My pre-baby goals are not that big. I just want to lose a bit of weight and shape up a bit to make pregnancy easier on my body. We live comfortably, but it would be nice to have a bit more savings before a baby, so we’re trying to be extra good with money.

Anyone else already collecting baby things? We have some books, stuffed animals, cute clothes. There’s a bassinet for sale for $20 and I really want to get it too… it’s white and light green, and just precious!

[name_f]Happy[/name_f] waiting and baby prepping, everyone!! Xx

2 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all! It’s nice to join in a little early and have a group of people looking forward to next year’s adventures. My partner and I will be trying for our second (and probably last) baby in the spring. Our firstborn turns three in [name_f]October[/name_f] - about six weeks away. I’d hoped to start trying sooner, but the past three years have thrown us some curveballs! I know I’ll get nervous as the winter winds down but right now the next six months stretch out in front of me like the view from a mountaintop.

We have quite the checklist for pre-TTC. Financial goals, fitness goals, toddler goals (let’s be done with diapers, eh, kiddo?), and some dreams that would be nice but are not must-do: we’d really like to take a long weekend just the two of us, leaving our little guy with his grands; we’ve been looking to buy a house for the past year but haven’t found one yet that tops our rental.

We’re not really collecting new baby stuff for Kid 2, but we do have several storage bins of hand-me-downs. It’d be just my luck if age gaps, body types, etc. make all those clothes not-quite-right, haha. There are a bunch of things I’d like to do differently the second time around, so we will be planning and shopping at some point pre-baby.

Nice to meet you all!

I’m so excited my fiance and I are having a super small wedding next spring and planning on trying for a baby next summer. I am so excited! I am 27 and he is 31. As far as preparing we already have good jobs and a house just trying to save up as much money as possible. Also I’m getting off my birth control pill next month, just one more pack to go. I haven’t had a period in years so this gives me anxiety!

@marysmith
Yay for getting of the pill and giving your body time to heal before baby! I know it can be a rough journey, but it will be okay eventually - no matter how rubbish you feel in the first few months off it. I wish you all the best and fast healing! If you’d like any help on pill recovery, just ask. Xx

@seedsandstones
Hand-me-downs are such a blessing! Must be nice to know you have a lot of things already. Less running around buying things, and you probably are much more in touch with what you actually “need” after having your first. I see so many people selling baby things second hand with captions like “hardly used - found we didn’t need it”… It’s hard to know what you should buy in preparation for number one…

So exciting! I hope we all achieve our goals pre-babies and in a few months this thread is full of positive pregnancy test haha.

Mummacat92 I havent bought anything yet, but just started a Pinterest folder with baby stuff I hope to get one day.

@alsp
I’ve had a baby Pinterest board for aaaages! Haha. :stuck_out_tongue: It’s so nice collecting little pictures and ideas. I barely every use / make anything I pin, but it makes a nice collection to browse through lol

Found out recently that a few friends are expecting end of this year / early next. Pretty excited! :smiley: I’ve realised we’ve officially moved from the weddings stage to the babies stage of life. The last few years we were going to 3 or 4 weddings a year… now it’s all baby announcements haha!

Hey 2020 team! [name_m]How[/name_m] is everyone going with “the wait”??

I’ve been finding my period really depressing the last few cycles. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though we’re not trying, and I am good with that… it’s still so final and sad somehow. Weird hormonal-ness!

We were window shopping on the weekend, and I found myself in every baby clothing section I could find lol… so many cute things!!!

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] everyone is well, and kicking their goals! Xx

My husband and I are in negotiations over TTC in 2020!

I will be 30 in [name_f]February[/name_f] and he will be 33 in [name_u]March[/name_u]. We’re both gainfully employed and relatively healthy, but have had a bonkers second half of 2019 that has led to weight gain, unhealthy lifestyle habits, a few large emergency bills, etc. I am hoping the end of 2019 is a bit smoother for us so we can focus on getting our “house” in order, so to speak (and literally!) and develop a more conclusive time frame in 2020

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone,

My husband and I just got married in [name_f]October[/name_f]. We are finally going to get to go on our honeymoon in [name_f]April[/name_f] and after that we are going to ttc for our first. Everyone around me seems to be pregnant already, including my [name_m]SIL[/name_m], so it will be nice to hopefully have our little ones pretty close in age, like a year apart.

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

My husband and I got married young so we are coming up on 4 years married and are both 24. And it feels like I have had baby fever since I was 15. We are finally in a situation where if we got pregnant right now, it would be okay! For a long time at the beginning of our marriage, we had a less than stellar housing situation, and my husband was going to school. So we have in the last 6 months stepped into a new season where my husband is settled into his career that he loves and could support us if I wanted to stay home with babies. But we are taking our time until we really really feel like we are ready (we both are young after all). There are a couple of financial goals we would like to meet before TTC but we are a little lax about them, they aren’t really hard rules. We are going to have another serious talk mid-2020 ([name_u]June[/name_u] or [name_u]July[/name_u]) about what we want to have happen before we are comfortable TTC.

But I kind of have my heart set of having my first @25. I know it’s not that different, but the idea of having my first @26 just feels so much farther away and makes me sad :frowning: Is that weird?

I guess this waiting period is what kind of drove me to making this account! I have had lists on lists for a long time but now that it is just a waiting game, I’m going crazy haha.

@princessshannon everyone around me seems to be pregnant and having babies too, including one of my [name_m]SIL[/name_m] also!

@loverenae
I don’t think it is weird. Everyone is different, and everyone feels “ready” at different times. I most certainly did not want a baby at 25, but we were going through some things and hadn’t met a lot of our goals. I have been a “I’ll think about babies once I get to 28 or maybe 30” kind of person for a while now, but that is just me. If you feel like this is when you want to start this journey then that’s what’s right for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello 2020! [name_f]Happy[/name_f] [name_u]January[/name_u] 1st, everyone! Excited to share everyone’s journeys this year! [name_u]Baby[/name_u] dust to all those that wish it! :smiley: :smiley: xx

Yes, finally 2020 :). [name_f]Hope[/name_f] everyone had a great [name_m]New[/name_m] year!

[name_f]Happy[/name_f] 2020 everyone!
Some of you may recognize me from the 2018/2019 TTC threads. Yup I’m still here. Still no baby in our house. We’ve started TTC again as of last night, and here’s hoping 2020 is the year. My baby fever is back and I’m looking hopefully forward to potentially being pregnant again soon. Along with that comes a lot of fears, but I’m far healthier and stronger than when we started to TTC and encountered all of our troubles. Best of luck to everyone this year!

(And a small PSA to all you TTC newbies - Please consider the feelings of others before you post. Yes, feeling frustration is normal, even a month or two into the process, but some of us have been at this for a long, heart breaking amount of time, and not just myself. Support each other but be aware!)

@kibby It’s so good to see you here! We were on another TTC thread together before, I don’t know if you’ll remember, but I remember you! I’ve wondered about how you were doing these past months and I’m so glad you’re in a position where you feel healthy and strong and ready to TTC again. I hope this is the year for you too!

We’ll hopefully be trying as of next month but this baby has been the hardest decision of them all. We both really want one more and feel that will complete our family, but we also really have our hands full with three little ones already so we’ve had significantly difficult discussions about whether we can handle one more, even though we want to. So we’ll be deciding one way or the other this month and hopefully I will be a part of this thread come February. We’ll see. In the meantime, best wishes to everyone who is trying already!

Happy New Year to everyone!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all! So nice to see familiar faces.

I wasn’t planning on TTC again until [name_f]May[/name_f] 2021 or so, but with me being 33 and hubby being nearly 37, he’s pretty keen to add more to our family so we get to spend more time with them at the other end of life… he wants to make sure we see them graduate etc etc.

So now we’re thinking possibly starting Aug-Nov this year. I adore my work and colleagues though, so while I’m excited by the idea of adding to our family I’m also anxious about what I’ll be giving up, and I’d kind of like to see through 2020 doing a really awesome job without being hindered by morning sickness or any other pregnancy issues. Tbh I always thought I’d love staying home with baby, but think I was getting depressed without the sense of purpose work gave me - going back to work has felt really good, as horrible as it sounds!

I just wanted to swing by and wish you all a happy [name_m]New[/name_m] Year and the very best of luck for 2020!

@kibby Great to see your name pop up, and I’m glad to hear that you’re healthy and strong and feeling positive about the future. I hope with all my heart that 2020 is going to be your year.