Ttc 2021 šŸ˜

[name_m]Will[/name_m] you be finding out the gender if you are successful this month ? [name_u]Or[/name_u] will you be team green.
I am tempted to do the shettles but I really think I concieved my boys very much on peak ovulation day too, so not sure how to play it really. Part of me wants to just leave it up to fate. In my mindā€™s eye I really do see a girl, itā€™s quite an overwhelming feeling. [name_f]My[/name_f] boys have already said they want a baby sister because they ā€˜want to tickle her feetā€™ lol. To be honest, Iā€™ve actually really come to the realisation/conclusion that either gender would be lovely. Three bear cub boys :blue_heart: or a little princessā€‹:sparkling_heart: both visions are equally appealing to me now.
[name_m]Ah[/name_m] itā€™s exciting, keep us posted.

@anon25197097 I probably will find out the gender. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be able to wait. We will see though.
DH has just now in the last couple of months started to relax a bit about having another baby so Iā€™ll just be happy to have another little one whether itā€™s a boy or girl.
Plus, Iā€™ll be 35 in a couple of weeks so healthy is the main goal. (Besides just getting pregnant in the first place) Iā€™m not taking anything for granted.

I can imagine both a girl or a boy equally too. I have a strong picture in my head of what a baby girl would look like. Probably not accurate but still interesting. :blush:
I think another boy is a bit more difficult for me to picture. Not because I canā€™t imagine having another one but because I keep trying to imagine some variant of the boys I already have. Lol

They are really good with their little cousin so I know they would be sweet to a little sibling too.

1 Like

Awww. A and J sound like they will be awesome big bros. Yes I think Iā€™ve made the decision to find out too. I donā€™t think I simply have the willpower to not find out. I am sort of mentally laughing to myself because a daughter would probably look just like her dad again. ( The boys are my partnerā€™s mini menā€™s) both blonde. It would be lovely to have a brunette after me so I look like I belong to them lol but the Blonde gene is strong!
And like you say, healthy baby is the main thing.

Well I donā€™t mind saying in here but I am planning on coming off my sertraline. I am on a really low dosage ( only 50mg) and I take it mainly to keep the edge of my mild OCD. So this month I will be focusing on that. I just donā€™t feel comfortable being on it whilst being pregnant. Iā€™ve done some research and reading and although my mental health is important I canā€™t risk anything to a newborn babys growth and development. Next month I will be starting up pre natals and then perhaps having my coil removed in late march ( near my birthday). How on earth weā€™ve gone from [name_u]August[/name_u] to [name_u]March[/name_u] I donā€™t knowā€¦ But well OH wants a surprise so here we go. haha and plus I donā€™t want to be presumptuous that we will concieve straight away. It may take a few months. Who knows.

Thatā€™s good that your partner is more on board with third baby, I think my partner is the same now. Itā€™s almost like it takes them a lot more months to process than it does for a woman.

3 Likes

This is only marginally TTC related but we finally bought a home scale and Iā€™ve lost 11lbs since [name_u]October[/name_u]. I definitely was not strict about my diet at all over Thanksgiving and [name_u]Christmas[/name_u], so it was a pleasant surprise.

6 Likes

@Elle1 Oh man thatā€™s quite the distance! Thatā€™s great that you guys will be able to travel to each other for upcoming cycles (if needed :crossed_fingers:)

@anon25197097 Ooh yes I love your ideas for Zā€™s room. Thatā€™s a great way to do orange without being tooā€¦ orange. Lol. I am impressed with your decorating skill, I could barely pull my daughterā€™s nursery together lol.

@whatchamacallit You tried Shettles for a girl right? Iā€™m still on the fence as to whether weā€™ll try it (for a boy) this month. I get nervous that weā€™ll wait too long and miss our window. I think maybe weā€™ll try it this month and if we donā€™t conceive not do it anymore. Hey I turn 35 next week! Birthday buddies?!

@PrincessShannon Congratulations! What a meaningful EDD for you.

@mill1020 Thatā€™s great! Remind me what the surgery is for (if you donā€™t mind sharingā€¦) Iā€™m sure youā€™ve mentioned it, Iā€™m just having a hard time remembering (and keeping everyone straight being new around here!)

@stephaniebrooke Congrats on the weight loss! I on the other hand have gained like 10 pounds since [name_u]October[/name_u] lol (but thatā€™s after losing 20-30 for our wedding in [name_u]September[/name_u]). Hoping to get back down a little before conceiving.

Well my period started on [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] before I had the chance to buy a pregnancy test. Which is all fine, as we hadnā€™t officially planned to start until this month. But now CD3 of my first TTC cycle!

4 Likes

Trying for a girl, yes :blush: Though of course Iā€™ll be happy with another sweet boy too.

I may have actually ovulated a day earlier than I thought because I had what could have been ovulation pains at cd 13. If I did then that might up our chances of conceiving this month but would also make it more likely to be a boy according to Shettles. Oh well. Lol

When I conceived my twin boys it was either the day before ovulation or the day of. Iā€™m pretty sure of that. So the Shettles theory worked for them. (if that means anything).

I turn 35 on the 1st. So our bdays are probably very close! :grin:

Good luck this month! :sparkles:

2 Likes

Hey folks, well I got back to Tasmania a week ago! The travel was very smooth and I didnā€™t have to quarantine so that was great.

I arrived right on the first day of my ovulation window and we had originally talked about waiting a month before TTC but of course that all went out the window when we saw each other. We made a good 3-4 attempts in that time and are now officially in the 2 ww!

I donā€™t want to symptom spot but I am feeling really strange. I just had to get into bed at 2pm because of fatigue and nausea. Iā€™ve had quite a strong pressure in my uterus since 1dpo too. It will be such a trip if we got pregnant right away, we literally havenā€™t seen each other in over 10 months and we were just like oh hey lets make a baby shall we?

Best of luck to those trying this month! @whatchamacallit @Elle1

Congratulations @PrincessShannon so exciting for you!

9 Likes

So glad youā€™re finally back together! :blush:
Fingers crossed it worked out perfectly for you this time. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::sparkles:

1 Like

@Leah129, Iā€™m having my third parathyroid surgery. Theyā€™ll either take most of my parathyroids out or all of them, depending on how well my blood calcium normalizes during surgery and whether the surgeon can find all of the parathyroid tissue (sometimes with the condition I have, there is parathyroid tissue hiding out where itā€™s not supposed to). [name_f]My[/name_f] first two surgeries helped drop my blood calcium but it was not enough to bring it down to normal. I am hoping third timeā€™s the charm.

2 Likes

Hey everyone. I have been spontaneous! I have a telephone consultation to get my IUD removed. So Iā€™ll be getting a date to get my coil removed from mid Feb no doubt. So [name_u]March[/name_u] will officially be the month of TTc :partying_face:

5 Likes

I canā€™t remember which member it is on here? ( Sorry) who have had their IUD removed recently. Does anyone know if they ask you to wait to get your coil to be removed when you are on your period? ( As apparently the cervix is open and therefore coil removal is easier)

The problem is I had my period for two months and then no period againā€¦ So whilst I have some indication of where my period is I donā€™t really have a true indication?

1 Like

Woohoo so exciting! :tada::grin:

1 Like

I personally have no experience with this, but the NHS website says you can have your IUD removed at any time in the menstrual cycle as long as you arenā€™t already pregnant. So hopefully that means no sitting around and waiting for a period! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks. :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face: I think Iā€™ve been doing too much reading on the internet because Iā€™ve read some horror stories about the uterus lining not being thick enough straight after coil removal, so giving it a month or so before TTC?

Question: do any of you have any obvious ovulation symptoms or have you noticed symptoms changing over time?
Beside CM changes I never used to have any other symptoms.
For the past three or four months Iā€™ve had cramping, bloating and nausea. Things that would normally happen before starting and not in the middle of my cycle.
Iā€™m wondering if my cycle/hormones are changing now that Iā€™m getting older or what? :woman_shrugging:t2:

Are you in the 2ww . I know you said this has been the past 3/4 months but can this be signs of pregnancy? Is your cramping more localised to one side ?
The only signs I was ovulating was,

1. Increased libido
  2. The EWCM

I also think my sense of smell was heightened, as in my partner would always smell really good lol. :rofl: I think when you are ovulating you tend to feel more upbeat and happy too.
Have you come of any form of hormonal birth control ? [name_u]Or[/name_u] did you just use contraceptive barriers like condoms etc?
[name_m]Just[/name_m] wondering if it could be hormones trying to regulate?

1 Like

@whatchamacallit Haha yes thatā€™s why shettles seems so hard. Weā€™ll see how it goes. [name_f]My[/name_f] bday is the 29th! [name_u]Happy[/name_u] birthday to you! I did actually notice a distinct pain/bloating sensation right around ovulation last month. I normally donā€™t pay much attention so didnā€™t ever notice before but now that I am tracking I think I do have some O symptoms.

@elleplume Woohoo congrats on reuniting and being in the 2WW! Keep us updated.

@mill1020 [name_m]Ah[/name_m] yes now I remember you talking about parathyroid. Good luck!

@anon25197097 I just had my IUD removed in [name_u]December[/name_u]. They didnā€™t care where I was in my cycle and it ended up being exactly on ovulation day when it was removed. Which was a little annoying bc apparently you could technically get pregnant from sex you have several days before removal (though Iā€™m sure would be pretty unusual), so we had to avoid sex that week because we didnā€™t want to immediately get pregnant. I donā€™t think that they officially recommend you wait a full cycle (I know women can get pregnant after removal before they even have a period and go on to have a totally healthy pregnancy), but it does make me feel a little better having a cycle or two to build my lining back up.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info. :slightly_smiling_face: Yeah I know what you mean. [name_m]Just[/name_m] makes you wonder how long should you actually wait ? Doesnā€™t seem like a lot said about it on the internet. [name_f]My[/name_f] friend had her [name_f]Mirena[/name_f] coil removed and was pregnant 3 weeks later and that was a healthy pregnancy too. Maybe I am fretting for nothing.

2 Likes

@anon25197097 I am in my 2 ww but it seems too early for implantation and therefore too early for symptoms.
Itā€™s been the same for about three months now so while itā€™s tempting to symptom spot I wasnā€™t pregnant then so I canā€™t assume it means Iā€™m pregnant now :woman_shrugging:t2:
I do have the sharp one-sided cramps on the day I ovulate but itā€™s the next few days after that that feel like cramping all over and bloating and nausea etc.

I havenā€™t been on any birth control. I would say maybe itā€™s because Iā€™m just more aware since weā€™re trying to conceive but I think I would have noticed this before.

Iā€™ve read that some people do get these symptoms after ovulation so itā€™s not unheard of. [name_m]Just[/name_m] new to me.

@Leah129 [name_u]Happy[/name_u] early birthday to you too! :blush::tada:

Hi, all! Iā€™ve been dealing with the hospitalization and then loss of my beloved grandma (she was 98!) during my TWW. As difficult as it has been to be without her, and knowing she will never get to meet my babiesā€¦Iā€™ve had some positive signs that all is well. Iā€™ve had nausea and some brownish (implantation?!) discharge and the girls are a wee bit swollen and sore. And with Aunt [name_f]Flo[/name_f] due on [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f], Iā€™ve had none of my usual PMDD symptoms. Iā€™m remaining cautiously optimistic for a sticky baby, and that the lack of any pre-period symptoms isnā€™t just stress-related! [name_f]My[/name_f] period is insanely predictable, so hopefullyā€¦

Best of luck to all of you!

7 Likes