Ttc 2021 šŸ˜

My partner would say the exact same thing. And Iā€™d probably do the opposite and test :rofl: fingers crossed ! :partying_face:

Donā€™t apologise! I think the burnt orange has turned out really well. When I was a kid my whole room was bright red, I think an accent wall is definitely the way to go anyway with colours like that, otherwise it gets overwhelming. The decor is absolutely lovely, you really are very talented :slight_smile:

Can I ask how old Z is? Sorry if youā€™ve already mentioned. I remember you said about your kiddos having small double beds - it was the same for me growing up! I used to fall out of bed every night in a single. [name_f]My[/name_f] Mum just got fed up and bought me a bigger bed haha. I donā€™t know why she didnā€™t just get rails :laughing:

1 Like

Thank you. :white_heart: Definitely one wall of orange is enough for anyone haha. Bold colours are lovely but in moderation, like you say.
Z was 6 in [name_u]October[/name_u]. A is 3 and a half. They have small doubles because if ever they were out of bed of a bedtime, my partner and I would always take them back into their own room and co sleep with them in their beds until they got back off to sleep. ( And trying to squeeze into a toddler bed is not fun) especially for my partner who is 6ft lol. :rofl: Also our lads are quite tall. Z is on the 90th centile! A is on the 80th. We have tall grandparents in the family, my dad is 6ft 5, he has to duck going under door frames and my partnerā€™s grandad is 6ft 4. We figured that theyā€™d outgrow a standard bed soon enough anyway. So those were our reasons. Many parents let their kids into bed with them which is also co sleeping but I didnā€™t want them to be in the habit of that so we co slept in their own environments and now both sleep really well through the night and donā€™t come into our room unless itā€™s morning time. This I think will be favourable for baby 3 eventually as it means I can nurse/feed in peace.

I think I know what you mean about the rails, there are these type of bed barriers you can buy in the UK?
When I first put the boys in bigger beds Iā€™d line the side with bulky pillows/cushions. I mean itā€™s rare you would roll over a cushion and out of bed and it seemed to do the trick :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

Babies are the worse for it ( not falling out of bed!) but hitting their arms on cot railings. Iā€™ve always used cot bumpers which have been useful. They also look really cute. Iā€™d swaddle a baby too as they flail their arms a lot. However both my boys hated being swaddled hah so theyā€™d always try and find a way to wriggle out of a swaddle blanket. The newborn slings are a godsend too but A was always a hot baby and he only tolerated it so much.

1 Like

I thought Iā€™d share a picture with you guys that really made my partner and I reminisce. This was Z when he was a baby, he hated the car seat and wearing hats. And his face just makes me laugh :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: something to make you ladies laugh in miserable [name_u]January[/name_u].

8 Likes

Never mind me - just quietly writing down these pro trips for the future. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: This sounds like a great approach honestly!

3 Likes

Hah @Luminen I am glad thatā€™s useful. Some do the crying out method! But thatā€™s never appealed to me myself. With your first it can sometimes be trial and error. Weā€™ve just found co sleeping in their own rooms works. Obviously itā€™s a bit different when they are a baby and under 1 as they are in your room co sleeping anyway. Especially the first 6 months.

1 Like

Itā€™s been a few days since I posted. Today is 12 DPO today. I decided just to take a test this morning and got a BFP. Iā€™m excited, nervous, everything. I just hope this one sticks. Iā€™m going to take a few more tests this week as Iā€™m sort of in disbelief. [name_f]My[/name_f] EDD based off ovulation is [name_u]September[/name_u] 30, the 2 year anniversary of my dadā€™s death, which I have alot of emotions about too.

12 Likes

Congrats @PrincessShannon!

1 Like

Congratulations :white_heart:

1 Like

Oh my goodness, congratulations!!!

1 Like

Congratulations @PrincessShannon ! :grin::tada:

1 Like

Iā€™m in the 2 ww again. If I conceived this month the baby would share a birth month with my sister and my two nephews. Lol
Weā€™ll see what happens. :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

That would be lovely. [name_f]My[/name_f] sisterā€™s birthday is today and she shares it with her daughter and son. Yep! Lol she had twins born on her birthday. (9 years ago)

3 Likes

We tried the Shettles method this time. It wasnā€™t really intentional at first but thatā€™s how it worked out anyway. Likely stopped about 2.5 days before ovulation (though Iā€™m not 100% sure on timing). Weā€™ll see if anything happens from it.
Iā€™m pretty sure my boys were conceived on ovulation day or at least the day before.
If it doesnā€™t work this month then Iā€™m going to try as close to ovulation as possible next month.

2 Likes

Yay @PrincessShannon!!!

Yā€™all. I have a surgery date. I am very excited. Feb 1st is the big day (unless there are no beds available due to Covid).

Iā€™m moving my appointment to yank out the IUD. Probably needs to be at least a month later than originally scheduled. Should give my body at least a little bit of time to recover I suppose. At least I wonā€™t have to wait too long (I hope).

3 Likes

@whatchamacallit, I am definitely curious to see how Shettles turns out for you.

1 Like

Me too. Though obviously I just want a healthy baby regardless of gender. Would be sweet to have a girl as our final baby though. :blush:

2 Likes

@whatchamacallit We tried Shettles for two months with our third, but nothing. So on month three we just tried for a baby and it wound up being a girl! So you never know! I hope it happens for you!

3 Likes

Thank you! :blush: yeah, Iā€™m not going to be patient enough to keep trying it if it doesnā€™t work this time. Lol

2 Likes

Congratulations! I can imagine how emotional it must be to know your little one will be born around the anniversary of your dadā€™s death. Hopefully, that can bring some joy to a normally sad occasion.

1 Like