Ttc 2021 šŸ˜

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I couldnā€™t wait and 2 weeks after my covid shot we had unprotected sex like 3 days before my projected period (thinking it wouldnā€™t hurt) but now Iā€™m like 9 days late.

Iā€™ve had cycles this long before (38-44 days) but Iā€™m ready for this period to start so we can try for real lol

Iā€™ve had testing done for PCOS and Endometriosis and there is ā€œno explanationā€ for my long period cycles :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s good that theyā€™ve ruled out PCOS and endo though!
I sometimes struggle to understand PCOS. Does the ovaries have to have cysts on them to get that diagnosis? Iā€™ve read online that sometimes you only need two of the other symptoms to have it. But then surely the cysts on the ovaries would be the big indicator?

Iā€™m not sure if I will have a long cycle or not yet. I am grateful that my body has had two periods now ( which I think are a good sign) but now my cycle needs to get in some form of pattern.
I guess we are ovulating as we are having periods? But it makes working out the fertile window a lot harder sometimes.
I understand the impatience lol! I just want to have sex :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

11 dpo, still BFNs. Iā€™m wondering if my ovulation date is accurate tho. I had some cramping at 2-3 dpo. I know thatā€™s too early for implementation, so I think it was ovulation cramping.

My OPKs indicated ovulation earlier than I expected (usually ovulate CD 12-14 and it said I ovulated CD 11, I know itā€™d only a 1 day difference tho). So maybe Iā€™m actually 8 dpo, idk.

A lot of SMCs do medicated inseminations, so it induces ovulation. My current health insurance doesnā€™t cover anything related to fertility. If it was just the medicine, I could afford it, but I canā€™t afford to see the doctor.

Iā€™m feeling a little defeated, just not sure where to go next. I do have options, and Iā€™m grateful for that. Iā€™m just not sure which option is the right one :woman_shrugging:t2:

I understand. Ovulation tracking I think can be a complete mindfield :exploding_head:
We are hear if you need a soundboard for discussing your other options.

1 Like

Thank you :pray:t2:

1 Like

Sammmmeee weā€™ve been married for years but have never had sex without a barrier (birth control makes me miserable) so I was just dying to see how it was different lmao

Still no period tho :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

PCOS is a tricky one because itā€™s still only classed as a syndromeā€¦ I had an ultrasound a couple of years ago for it, and they said that my follicles werenā€™t typical of PCOSā€¦ but then if you have other symptoms it could be.
Basically they donā€™t have enough research behind it to determine what defines it yet. Much like most female-only health concerns unfortunately.

I think we are in a similar cycle situationā€¦ 2 cycles here and trying to get into a rhythm! [name_f]Patience[/name_f] isnā€™t my strong point!

1 Like

Thanks for that info. Yes it doesnā€™t seem like an area thatā€™s understood very well. I literally thought PCOS was cysts on ovaries and some other symptoms? But I thought the Biggie was the cysts on the ovaries.
Oh yes very much the same here. I donā€™t have a lot of patience and I feel like this period is dragging. I wondered if the doc could give me something to stop my period ( itā€™s getting on for two weeks now) Iā€™m grateful for my periods, especially after having a coil removed but Iā€™d really like to just have some indicator of when Iā€™ll be approaching a fertile window lol

Iā€™m certainly not an expert on the subject whatsoever but I think there has to be two or three symptoms for them to be able to diagnose it- ovaries on the cysts being a big one. But I remember them saying that on an ultrasound the follicles almost look like a string of pearls all together if you are typical of PCOS. Things like struggling to lose weight / acne / excess hair are all common symptoms too.
At the time none of those applied to me but I was having severe stomach cramps at certain times of the month and they were trying to rule out PCOS. I remember the doctor saying it might be difficult for me to get pregnant, despite my only symptom being cramps which makes no sense nowā€¦ and then literally we conceived on the first attempt (honeymoon baby!) two months later.

Thereā€™s definitely tablets that can delay your period but I donā€™t think that would help in regulating your cycle or when you ovulate unfortunately.

Really hoping my cycle regulates this month. Iā€™ve been reading it can take 4-6 months after your cycle returns for it to properly establish a rhythm though.

1 Like

@anon25197097 Iā€™m sorry, that does sound so frustrating just waiting for things to regulate! I guess Iā€™m pretty lucky that I continued having periods with my IUD so that I already had a sense of where my cycles were.

@Spark Youā€™ve tested I assume? Iā€™m sorry, that sucks just having to wait and not understanding why!

@Elle1 Dang, sorry! Iā€™ve heard about those home ā€œIUIā€ kits, like [name_m]Mosie[/name_m] or something? Is that something youā€™ve thought about?

@georgiegeorgie Yes thatā€™s about how long it took my cycle to get regular. Although 6 months after period returning is about when I had my IUD removed so that could have been what really kicked it into place.

Gosh sounds like everyone is struggling right now! Iā€™m in my fertile window and we are struggling with BDing this week. Weā€™ve kind of gotten into a rhythm of mostly having sex on the weekends, which was perfect the last few months when I was ovulating on Sunday/Monday, but this month Iā€™m ovulating on [name_m]Friday[/name_m] (probably) and we are just having a hard time fitting sex in during the week. We were able to do it 3 days ago (4 days before O), then I didnā€™t worry about it the next day since we are aiming for every other day. Then I initiated yesterday morning (2 days before O), daughter woke up early but Grandma was here to take her to her house. I got DD dressed and brought her downstairs to Grandma, then went upstairs to have a quicky but somehow DD snuck upstairs and walked in on us right when we were getting started. So we said, no big deal, weā€™ll do it tonight. But DH went out for drinks last night and we did have sex afterward but he wasnā€™t able to finish. He promised weā€™d have morning sex this morning, but when I woke up he was already in the shower and DD woke up just as he was finishing and then he had an early work call. I was so mad at him, like why did you prioritize taking a shower over having sex! He works from home and doesnā€™t turn the camera on, he definitely didnā€™t need to take a shower. I got all upset with him, feeling like he doesnā€™t even want to try this month. And here I am doing alllll these thingsā€¦ tracking BBT, OPKs, taking so many supplements, drinking grapefruit juice, giving up caffeine, etc etc, and he canā€™t just do the one easy thing he needs to do. He promised me he just wasnā€™t thinking about it and just jumped in the shower bc he knew he had an early call, and now our plan is to BD in a few hours when DD is napping. So I feel a little better but still pretty frustrated. I got a high on my OPK this morning so I think O day is still tomorrow so I think we are ok if we do have sex soon, but I am upset that we maybe missed the most fertile days of my window :frowning:

Anyway. I just needed to rant. Sorry, probably a lot of that was TMI!

3 Likes

Oh I almost forgot!

At one point I mentioned to someone I had seen a link that had data for % positive and negative pregnancy tests by DPO but I couldnā€™t find it. I found it now, here it is:

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] husbandā€™s vasectomy reversal is coming up in [name_u]July[/name_u], so I thought Iā€™d pop in and say hi. I did a Modern Fertility test recently and everything checks out on my side, so Iā€™m getting antsy.

6 Likes

Thank you! Mosie is actually ICI - intracervical insemination. This just means the sperm is entering the vagina via through some kind of medical device (usually a needless syringe, but I used a glass medical dropper in a pinch). IUI is intrauterine insemination, which bypasses the vagina and cervix, depositing the sperm directly into the uterus. This is done with a very long needle, which someone COULD purchase on Amazon, but itā€™s very dangerous to do this at home by someone who is not medically trained.

Some people swear by Mosie, and Iā€™m sure it is a good product, but itā€™s extremely over-priced. The only thing that is different about Mosie is the needless syringe has a rounder shape - picture below.

If the vast majority of women inseminating at home used Mosie, I would hop on the bandwagon. But itā€™s a tiny percentage who are using this.

Omg that whole situation would aggravate me too!!!

Welcome!!! I am the product of a vesectomy reversal nearly 30 years ago :rofl:

Iā€™m not familiar with the Modern Fertility test! Iā€™ll have to do some research. How did you like using it?

2 Likes

It does suck! I got a BFN 2 days ago but it was only 11 days after we had sex and if for some strange reason I was ovulating (shouldnā€™t have been though :roll_eyes:) I may have to wait longer to see what happens

I feel like it was a pretty good work up for the cost and I loved being able to do it myself at home. Tested AMH, thyroid-stimulating hormone, FSH, estradiol, free thyroxine, prolactin, and LH.

I liked the break down of my results, which were easy to understand. And if someone does have a more complicated case, there is a fertility nurse available by phone. They also seem to have a pretty big community of users and their own forums for infertility, loss, ttc, etc.

@eleanorfrigsby, welcome. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I had our first three kids really close in age, then he had a vasectomy. Then, about five years later we reversed it and had three more kids. Hoping for more.

1 Like

Name crush of the day is [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f], or maybe [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Easter[/name_f].

2 Likes

I love to hear that! Hearing about a larger age gap always encourages me. We have 2 kids, almost 10 and 6.

During our last pregnancy everything was going well until the anatomy scan. They told us they thought the measurements for her cerebral ventricles were off. We had to wait a month to get in to a high risk ultrasound doctor for another scan and it ended up being an imaging error. The whole thing was traumatizing, especially for my husband and he didnā€™t want to go through it again.

But. Here we are! One part time healing all wounds and all the other parts my daughter asking every single day when she can be a big sister. :sweat_smile: We always thought weā€™d have a bigger family, so Iā€™m glad he changed his mind and hopefully it works.

3 Likes

Update for me - AF arrived and all tests have been negative. Iā€™m not surprised, since I ovulated so early. Since tracking my cycles, Iā€™ve never had a positive OPK on CD 10 like I did this month (earliest was CD 11 and latest was CD 13 - Which now means I ovulate between CD 11 and 14).

Originally, I was going to try again with the shipping method in May, then fly to him in June. However, my last period was so light (only 2 days) that I ovulated early, thus my period has started SO EARLY that I am having 2 ovulation cycles in May!

Unfortunately, my friendā€™s baby shower is right in the middle of the 2nd May cycle, so flying to my donor is out of the question. And I donā€™t want to do 2 more cycles of shipping :expressionless:

So Iā€™m buying a plane ticket to my donor in that first week of May! Iā€™m very excited and hopeful that weā€™ll get all the factors right this time. I already checked my potential due date if this time works, and it will be 2 days after my youngest nieceā€™s birthday :rofl:

1 Like