Ttc 2021 šŸ˜

Understandable to not take prenatals yet, I think like you say, if you have a good diet regardless then all they really do is perhaps just an added boost. They are an added boost for me because I donā€™t think I get anywhere near as much iron as a RDA. Iā€™ve always been pretty low in iron though. Recently, some bloodwork came back which was all fine.

Thatā€™s great that your blood work was fine too in terms of age and whatnot. That all sounds so reasuring and at least puts your mind at ease for when you do try.
I think EWCM can vary and fluctuate each month. Some months Iā€™ve noticed it and other months I havenā€™t.

Thank you :raised_hands:
And I totally agree itā€™s so unfair that the symptoms are more or less identical. :woozy_face:

Had a scan. All reproductive organs are completely normal. Structurally ovaries are normal and she said my endometrium looked healthy and thick. She didnā€™t however say when I ovulated but she was training up a guy in the room and so she was more preoccupied with that I think.
[name_u]Happy[/name_u] that everything is normal but would have liked to have know if I ovulated. Surely if the endometrium looks thick? That doesnā€™t suggest my period is expected? :thinking:

3 Likes

That is great news!

Today I am 7 DPO and didnā€™t test, super proud of myself :sweat_smile: Iā€™ll try to hold off until 9, but Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ll be able to resist tomorrow morning :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

This is great news!

2 Likes

Try and hold off, if you can!
Iā€™m currently 10 dpo but I just feel like my period is coming so I havenā€™t bothered doing a test this cycle. Thereā€™s still a small tiny part of me that hopes I might be though!

3 Likes

I donā€™t really have a clear indication of when I ovulated. I just put my data into a period/ovulation app and it predicted my ovulation window would be early [name_f]May[/name_f] with my peak being 8th [name_f]May[/name_f]. So I pretty much covered that week in terms of sex but today I noticed some EWCM? And my partner wonā€™t leave me alone either. Says I look beautiful :sweat_smile::woman_facepalming: I swear men can detect when you are ovulating. So now I am quite confused and not sure if Iā€™ve missed the boat with the fertile window. I know the answer would be to do opks but I have real anxiety using them.

@georgiegeorgie @Spark and @Elle1 I so hope itā€™s your month!

1 Like

Soooā€¦ I thought we missed my ovulation day this month and we kind of didnā€™t do anything deliberately paying attention to dates, but now itā€™s three days after I wouldā€™ve expected AF and still nothing (usually very regular) :thinking:

Iā€™m sure AF will appear in the next couple of days. I think I read that your cycle can be a bit off for a few months following miscarriage?

EDIT: Good morning, AF. Guess Iā€™m out for this month, but Iā€™m kind of glad tbh. Will feel more ready to try again next month!

1 Like

Maybe yours was just a bit later than most apps predict! [name_f]My[/name_f] mom was adamant about 14 days after your period starts and my OPK had a peak test result on day 17. Definitely BD again just in case lol

I hope so too!!! 9 more days until I take a test. I donā€™t want to get my hopes too high but my nipples are so sore and last cycle they never hurt at all during my luteal phase. donā€™t want to symptom spot but I canā€™t walk around without a bra right now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Best of luck next month!!!

1 Like

@sabrielschild Sorry this isnā€™t your month, I hope next month will be though!

So, I finally got a temperature spike this morning on CD 18. Will need to chart for a couple more months to figure out whether thatā€™s normal for me or not, but my cycle is always 27/28 days, so if Iā€™m ovulating on CD 17, then my luteal phase is only 10/11 days. :confused:

I might try OPKs next month to see if my peak is a actually couple days before my thermal shift (Iā€™ve read this can be true for some).

Any recommendations for brands/websites to order them from (Iā€™m in New Zealand)?

2 Likes

9 DPO and BFN :pensive: I know itā€™s early, but I was really hoping for a VFL. So many women on the SMC (solo mom by choice) forums have gotten a VFL at 8-10 DPO.

And Iā€™m pretty sure I have a yeast infection. Seeing the doctor on [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] (13 DPO). [name_f]Kinda[/name_f] hoping Iā€™ll have a BFP by then so the doctor can do a blood test as well. [name_u]Or[/name_u], if itā€™s still BFN, Iā€™ll ask for a referral to the fertility clinic. Itā€™s only been 4 cycles but every cycle is so challenging and expensive, I just want this to be done with.

It doesnā€™t seem like a yeast infection can impact the TWW, from my quick Google search on it :woman_shrugging:t2:

Iā€™m sorry Elle1. I think yeast infections can interfere with sperm health. So perhaps itā€™s not a hospitable environment for the sperm to have itā€™s best chance. So hopefully youā€™ll definitely get on some antibiotics.

I too tested today and it was a BFN. I also had some spotting yesterday ( itā€™s now gone) with some clots in. I literally have no idea what that means and assume period is on its way. But if it is, I donā€™t want spotting for a week and then full flow the next week as I then never know when to count from.

I would say re test in a few more days :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry for everyoneā€™s bf negatives. I also tested this morning and got a BFN. I donā€™t know when ovulation happened because my OPKs were weird but must be something between 6-9 dpo.

1 Like

I read that as well, but the good news is that the infection showed up after the inseminations were all done, when I was 5 DPO. So the semen probably caused the infection since I havenā€™t had one since no longer being sexually active. Hopefully the infection doesnā€™t impact the implantation or any of that :pensive:

I test every morning after 7-9 DPO :sweat_smile: I use the cheap ones in a 25 pack from Amazon.

Iā€™m sorry for your BFN and confusing spotting :pensive:

Sorry for the bfnā€™s!
Itā€™s my fertile window at the moment, and of course poor DH has the flu, fever and all, so I think weā€™ll be missing this month. Unless I get lucky with early or late ovulation!

1 Like

AF arrived a couple of days ago, so BFN for me too this month. It was totally expected, and Iā€™m just glad my cycles seem to be evening out finally. On to the next!

3 Likes

Sorry for your BFN. I think I am def out this month too. Iā€™m now just waiting on my period. Itā€™s really hard for me to detect ovulation days so I perhaps wasnā€™t that hopeful. I think Iā€™m going to have to invest in OPKS, I am too irregular not too.

@AlSP have you tested again at all and @Elle1 ? As I know you tested early? @Spark how are you doing?

Good luck @Jesabel if you do try this month. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] partner feels better soon.

2 Likes

10 DPO now. Woke up feeling nauseous but I stayed out late last night, so I figured I was just a bit dehydrated and tired.

I tested, like I planned, and got a VFL. I use really cheap strips from Amazon.

Because of the VFL, I tried a Clear [name_u]Blue[/name_u] (with the pink dye) early detection test. The line is much fainter on that one.

I brought the tests to work with me and showed 2 of my friends, just to make sure Iā€™m not losing my mind. But that was at least 45 minutes after taking them, so it could be evaporated lines by now. They did get a bit darker.

However, the lines donā€™t really show up in pictures.

Iā€™m still nauseous and kinda dizzy now. So I have no idea what to think.

[name_m]Will[/name_m] test tomorrow and see what happens!

9 Likes

Sorry I messaged before I seen your message. But omg amazing if you are and keep us posted tomorrow. I shall keep my fingers crossed. @Elle1

1 Like

Itā€™s ok, I think we posted at the same time :sweat_smile:

Thank you!! I will update you all tomorrow AM!

1 Like