Ttc 2021 šŸ˜

Haha a cuddly [name_u]Gemini[/name_u], I love it! I think itā€™s all down to who weā€™ve clicked with personally irl, and Iā€™ve always found Geminiā€™s even too high energy for meā€¦ a very lively [name_u]Aries[/name_u]. (I also have a cancer ascendent - definitely a cuddler too haha) Also, I always get really bad hay fever this time of year so Iā€™ve always thought it wouldnā€™t be the most ideal time to give birth, seeing as I canā€™t breathe :joy:

Yeah Iā€™m trying hard to be patient. A few friends who had their first babies a similar time to me, are either now pregnant or about to give birth so I think itā€™s added some pressure / made me way more clucky than I was anyway.

The tests I bought said I could test a couple days early so I decided to try one now 3 days before my period and it was negative, I guess thereā€™s another reason Iā€™ve been feeling so off? :sweat_smile: I guess weā€™ll see in a few days!

2 Likes

Aww no sorry about the hayfever. Yeah canā€™t imagine pregnancy and hayfever is much fun!
Lol I find [name_u]Gemini[/name_u] very dual personality. Both my mother in law and partner are Geminis. Birthdays are 3 days apart. I find I get on better with [name_u]Gemini[/name_u] men than [name_u]Gemini[/name_u] women.

Well we are very typical in that we are [name_u]Aries[/name_u] and inpatient is our middle name. I do totally understand that feeling though. I have a lot of Virgo in my chart. Virgo both my moon and ascendent so I am an inpatient perfectionist. Not the greatest if mixes lol.

As I suspected, Iā€™m out for this month with the arrival of AF this morning. Not too disappointed as I have a wedding in a couple of weeks so will be nice to be able to have a drink when we toast the couple :blush:

Plus, my best friend whose birthday is in February says itā€™s a rubbish month to have a birthday! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Onwards! :sparkles:

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry :confused: it sounds like you are concentrating on the positives. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] you have a lovely time at the wedding.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, but good for you for focusing on the silver lining and being able to enjoy the wedding! Hoping next month is your month. :sparkles:

1 Like

@minxtruck how are the OPKs going? [name_m]Just[/name_m] entered the fertile window.

Hoping it will darken! App says ovulation likely on 12/13th

AF is a day late, which hasnā€™t happened in two years, and still experiencing some odd things that arenā€™t normal for me this time of month :thinking: Not sure if my body is just being weird or if I am pregnant, but Iā€™m waiting a day or two to test again and find out!

1 Like

@anon25197097 Yay for your fertile window! [name_m]Will[/name_m] be interesting to see when your peak actually is.

Ugh, itā€™s been really frustrating to be honest. Half of the tests didnā€™t work, so I ended up using two cycles worth just to get two valid tests a day from CD11-16.5. I wonā€™t be buying those ones again! I think Iā€™ll order the easy@Home ones from Amazon for next month.

Iā€™m not sure I trust the results, but the OPKs have my peak at CD15 which coincides with the mild cramps I usually get that day. [name_f]My[/name_f] BBT started to increase that day as you would expect, but itā€™s dropped and hasnā€™t increased again. Not sure what that means as I had a clear temp shift last cycle!

Fingers crossed next month is a bit more conclusive. :crossed_fingers:

Tests and charts

Last cycle:

This cycle temps:

This cycle OPKs:

@leafsgirl44 Hang in there [name_u]Haley[/name_u], itā€™s not over until AF arrives!

True! S/O suggested I test again just now - negative again but today was the day AF was due, so I donā€™t know if itā€™s too early or not? Apparently my covid vaccine can delay my period though, so who knows? Bit discouraging though :confused:

From memory, you guys had a bit of a late attempt at TTC this month (2DPO or something)? I know itā€™s hard, but try not to be too discouraged. If it doesnā€™t happen this month, itā€™s certainly no reason to believe it wonā€™t happen next month when youā€™re able to give it a real shot and BD at the right time! :sparkles:

Yeah we did! my dates were a bit hazy so I wasnā€™t sure - itā€™s more discouraging that AF is late and I havenā€™t had my usual PMS symptoms but I have no explanation for it :sweat_smile: But true! I believe the next window is later this month (as long as AF doesnā€™t wait too much longer?)! This month was more of a ā€œletā€™s see if it happensā€ kind of thing, lol

However, S/O does think that I still could be :woman_shrugging: I guess heā€™s not wrong, it could still be early to test, but I have my doubts :joy:

1 Like

The ovulation tests look good! Admittedly, I donā€™t really know enough about tracking BBT. Am I right in saying after you ovulate your temp dips then rises again? (Signalling Progesterone)
@leafsgirl44 I agree with others, donā€™t lose hope until AF turns up and :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

An update: another negative yesterday, but still no sign of AF - my doctor sent me for bloodwork to see, he thinks I could very likely be pregnant, and said that tests donā€™t always pick up hcg levels in urine and that you can have low hcg and still be pregnant with no issues, so weā€™ll see i guess? :grimacing:

2 Likes

According to the TCOYF book, your temperature should rise the day after youā€™ve ovulated. Although it also mentions a ā€œfallback riseā€ where your can temperature can increase the day after ovulation, but then dips the following day, only to rise again the next and stay elevated for the rest of your luteal phase until AF arrives.

Iā€™ve just read this article which says ā€œonly 13 percent of women have a BBT rise within one day of ovulation. For many of the women in the study, BBT did not rise until more than two days after ovulationā€.

So, I have a feeling OD is CD15/16 and itā€™s just taking a couple of days for my BBT to rise afterwards. :crossed_fingers:

Thatā€™s promising newsā€¦ will keep my fingers crossed that you get your BFP from the bloodwork! Keep us posted!

1 Like

Bloodwork came back negative - now Iā€™m concerned as to why AF still hasnā€™t come yet :grimacing:

Maybe you ovulated later which means a longer luteal phase? Which means your period will be later.

hopefully thatā€™s why! lol

I was a week late on my period last month. It was frustrating but I guess some months it can happen. Itā€™s annoying though when you are TTC.
You said this month wasnā€™t a big try or anything so hopefully next month will be your month