Ttc 2021 šŸ˜

@namergirl3 Anxiety is genuinely the worst. Hugs. Xx

1 Like

@_thelittlefairywren I think until youā€™ve TTC, itā€™s genuinely hard to truly understand how stressful TTC can be. Weā€™re only two cycles in and, already, I think my cousin (who has been trying for almost two years now) is an absolute super woman! Taking yourself out of the game and focusing on you sounds like itā€™s been wonderful for you. Maybe Iā€™ll see you in the 2022 thread too!

@acoker95 Yay, a TWW buddy! Haha, youā€™d love a [name_u]June[/name_u] baby and Iā€™m like ā€œoh dear, not another [name_u]June[/name_u] baby in the familyā€. :joy: I donā€™t want my BFP any less though, it would be a dream to conceive this month. Fingers crossed for both of us. :sparkles:

2 Likes

I love having a buddy! I swear this TWW feels like two months already :sob:

1 Like

@minxtruck How very true! It makes you tired right down in your soul, and few people seem to understand it. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband sure doesnā€™t, bless him. He sympathises, but also says he does really understand why I feel that way. Itā€™s such a different experience for the uterus owner on the team. I have utmost respect for people that have been trying for years and years. Iā€™m not that person. I would call it quits. Fingers crossed for you that you donā€™t have to be in the 2022 group. Xx

4 Likes

Awww weā€™ve had a few chats here and there on NB and I know what youā€™ve been going through and I can relate to all the things youā€™ve said. I hope I do see you in the TTC 22 thread for when you feel that time is right, thatā€™s where Iā€™ll be heading I think. I do hope we donā€™t remain there for very long however. :star::dizzy:

2 Likes

Also hello to all new faces. I hope these last remaining months of the year are momentous for you all :crossed_fingers::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@anon25197097 Thank you, lovely. Xx

How is everyone doing? Not much to report here except that this TWW is going so slowly. :persevere:

Iā€™m only 5dpo but I can already tell Iā€™m going to cave and POAS way before my missed period. :sweat_smile:

Iā€™ve been trying to have some baby-related conversations with SO latelyā€¦ what surname(s) will we give our children? will we find out the gender? when would we tell our family weā€™re expecting if we do conceive?

He hasnā€™t been very engaged in the conversation when I have brought these things up and I told him as much last night. He said he worries the more we talk about becoming parents now, the more disappointed weā€™ll be if we canā€™t get pregnant or tw: if we suffer a pregnancy loss. I understand where heā€™s coming from, but I said I really need to know that thereā€™s some important things that weā€™re on the same page about when weā€™re trying to start a family. Not to mention that dreaming about being parents helps me to stay positive and optimistic about our plans for a family, even if the odds are against us (as an older woman). He understands and heā€™s promised to try and be more open to talking about these things. Heā€™s usually pretty good at following through when he says heā€™ll do more/better, so I hope we can have some more meaningful conversations about our future now.

I just realised weā€™ll be getting to the end of possible April-June due dates soonā€¦ I have my fingers crossed for everyone that one of us will be lucky enough to start the July-October thread (with many more to follow suit)! :crossed_fingers::sparkles::yellow_heart:

3 Likes

The tww is such a bloody drag isnā€™t it. I think we can vouch for all women when we say, itā€™s nerve wrecking time. Certainly is the case for me.

I guess 5 dpo is to early to symptom spot but notice anything or any changes?
I find men do deep down may feel the pressure, like us women of TTC.
It is however always nice to discuss names and plan for when we do TTC. I am a planner and I find myself obsessing over names lately. :grimacing::joy:

I am about to enter my fertile days next week.

I donā€™t know if anyone feels the same way but, strangely when I have got of my period and I have a couple days or so leading up to ovulation ( the follicular stage) I believe. [name_f]My[/name_f] mood is noticeably low and I just feel very weepy. [name_f]My[/name_f] sleep is also slightly affected. Iā€™m sure itā€™s all hormone related. Once I actually get to the stage of ovulating I am fine.

I donā€™t know, I wondered if it was all psychological as opposed to physiological.

I painted my study a few weeks ago and the whole time I really wanted to do pinks and purples but I though nooooo must keep room in gender neutral colour as it will be the nursery for future baby.

Absolutely. We just entered daylight savings time here and the clocks went forward an hour, so at least my TWW is one hour shorter than it would have otherwise been. :sweat_smile: #smallwins

No, nothing out of the ordinary yet and, as you say, still a bit early to be symptom spotting with any real confidence that they might mean something!

SO has definitely been feeling the pressure to ~cough~ ā€œperformā€ haha. I tend to get overexcited about things and jump the gun a bit, so Iā€™m also acutely aware heā€™s probably trying to neutralise my tendency to get ahead of myself to some degree.

We talk about names a little bit, mainly me asking if he likes my name of the day! I even got him to take the [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Name DNA quiz the other day! :scream:

That must be really hard to feel low and emotional at a time of month when you want to enjoy the excitement and anticipation of having another chance to conceive and indulging the ā€œwhat ifsā€ that help to keep us all going!

I just read in the ā€˜22 thread that your husbands health issue wasnā€™t as much of a hurdle as you had previously thought? Thatā€™s great news! Sorry if I missed that update here, so hard to keep up with everyoneā€™s news from different time zones.

Aww, maybe you can have some pink/purple accents to satisfy your craving. Who says a gender neutral nursery canā€™t have a few pops of pink! :wink:

1 Like

I donā€™t think I posted the update of partners health to be fair. Hah so no worries at all. I agree itā€™s hard to keep up with everyone sometimes, especially as this is quite a big group and new faces recently. I wish everyone the best regardless though.

Oh wow! That is a very good idea to get him to do that? What were his results. Did they match yours??
Hopefully they were not too different.

It is definitely something I notice. I think perhaps it is all just hormone related. I just feel quite moody, when itā€™s strange because if anything I should be moody on my actual period :joy:?
Maybe there is a sharp rise or decrease in one of the hormones? I need to research it because that is such a basic and ignorant way of me putting it :grimacing:

Well do keep us updated of any symptoms :crossed_fingers: fingers crossed.

In the end I painted the room in a colour called chapel stone. The only way to describe it, is like toasted marshmallow :slightly_smiling_face:
So I am thinking if I have to make it a boys room, emerald green would go nicely and if a girl I could do soft pink, heather purple or even that copper colour.

I do love my decorating so I do tend to go a bit overboard when it comes to styling a room. I just find it so much fun. :joy:

Iā€™m 6dpo, and I have somehow simultaneously fully convinced myself I am pregnant and am not pregnant. Iā€™m gonna hold out until at least Oct. 1 to test, but I really want to push myself to Oct. 5 if I can. Weā€™ll see.

Itā€™s too early for symptoms, but I did have a wildly vivid ā€œnightmareā€ last night. I donā€™t usually remember my dreams at all :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Iā€™m usually quite good deciphering dreams. They say when we can remember our dreams, then there is usually a message in them. :slightly_smiling_face:

Where did his styles end up!? Did you have any overlap?

1 Like

He got Star-Leader (which I was really surprised about), and Iā€™m Bohemian-Charmer. We didnā€™t look at his recommendations, but I know we have lots of common ground already. It was more just a fun exercise to get him thinking about what he does/doesnā€™t like in a name!

2 Likes

That sounds fun! [name_u]Wonder[/name_u] if I could convince my DH to do it tooā€¦ Although weā€™re pretty set on names for #2 already (Hazel for a girl, [name_u]Owen[/name_u] for a boy).

[name_m]Just[/name_m] entering the TWW here. If I fall pregnant this cycle (and it sticks this time) then my due date would be the summer solstice next year :heart_eyes: (21 June). I think Iā€™ve made my peace with not having our kids as close together as weā€™d planned. Itā€™ll happen when it happens and itā€™ll be amazing regardless :relieved:

Good luck to everyone else in the TWW :crossed_fingers::four_leaf_clover::heart:

4 Likes

Me and my husband were both Bohemian - Charmers too. Although Iā€™ve since taken it again and it came up with a completely different result (which Iā€™ve now since forgotten!)

Weā€™ve been talking more about names again which has made me feel positive again that we may get our rainbow soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you are in a similar mindset to me, in wanting them to be close in age. Itā€™s been a hard pill to swallow, with many of my friends who had their first babies at a similar time to me get pregnant or even give birth this year.

But realistically thereā€™s no way I could manage a newborn right now with my (very!) wild toddlerā€¦ and so I think if we are able to conceive in the next few months, the gap will be perfect for us and our family.

Wishing you and everyone in their TWW the best! :four_leaf_clover:

We are out for [name_u]September[/name_u], I had a super super faint second line the day before my period was due, but had zero symptoms in the TWW and weā€™d all been sick this month around my FW so I knew it was a low chance. This was only my first proper cycle back since the MC, so Iā€™m staying hopeful.

2 Likes

Well [name_u]September[/name_u] is definitely out for us. I knew it would be highly unlikely so Iā€™m definitely not upset. Iā€™m hating having a second period this month thoughā€¦ha. At least Iā€™m not dealing with the horrible BC side effects anymore! Hereā€™s to hoping my body finds its normal and then we can actually start TTC.

(Itā€™s also my hope and prayer that, by the time everyone TTC here and elsewhere have their babies, the hospital restrictions will be lifted.)

4 Likes

Iā€™m very surprised to say that I got a positive result this weekend! I really thought my body was trolling me with all the crazy symptoms Iā€™ve had this month. Considering I didnā€™t ovulate for two cycles prior to [name_u]September[/name_u], I feel so very lucky that this was our month! All I did differently was I just focused on relaxing, that was really my only goal. Easier said than done, but it felt good to treat myself and not stress over things I canā€™t control. [name_u]Will[/name_u] be popping over to the Expecting 2022 thread. Wish you all the best of luck!

10 Likes