Ttc 2021 šŸ˜

Thatā€™s where Iā€™m at too, Iā€™ll be crossing my fingers for you!

2 Likes

Thanks, Iā€™ll do the same for you!

1 Like

Really glad you went and got some advice and hopefully referrals.
What vitamins have you bought? Our supplement cupboard is looking rather crazy right now :sweat_smile: Iā€™m rattling!

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] back! Fingers crossed for you this weekend :sparkles:

1 Like

I got [name_u]Seven[/name_u] Seas ā€˜trying for a babyā€™ for me (instead of supermarket own brand folic acid which is what Iā€™ve been taking). It has vitamin D and iron as well, I think, and is what I was taking when I got pregnant with my daughter. And for DH I got Wellman Fertility supplements which have a whole bunch of stuff in them. Theyā€™re also huge tablets, so fair play to my husband for humouring me :sweat_smile: He was on a regular multivitamin before, so hoping this one will boost the right specific things.

Open to recommendations if anyone has any they really like!

@sabrielschild I take the [name_u]Seven[/name_u] Seas ones as well. Iā€™m also taking a high dose [name_m]Vit[/name_m] C, Coq10 and Vitamin D as well. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband takes a multi vitamin, [name_m]Zinc[/name_m] and magnesium. Like I said, rattling!

Iā€™ve been back using the OPKā€™s and honestly I feel deflated every time I do.
[name_f]My[/name_f] cycles have returned to 28/29 days consistently since my miscarriage in the [name_f]Summer[/name_f], and yet all Iā€™m getting are days and days of faint lines and nothing more.
I swapped GPā€™s recently and contacted them this week as well to chat things over. Sheā€™s sending me to get bloods to check my progesterone levels, as well as a few other things that might affect it.

Sorry for the ramble, just having a meh week.

1 Like

@georgiegeorgie I may have said this before but I just wanted to tell of my experiences with OPKā€™s - they can be SO frustrating, of course. But one thing I feel isnā€™t pointed out too often is that the LH hormone can be diluted if you drink too much water. Which is totally a catch 22 right, because when youā€™re ovulating youā€™re supposed to be well-hydrated! So I was spending all this time thinking I wasnā€™t getting positive OPKā€™s when actually I drank too much water for the hormone to be detected. Once I cut back on the water (and held my pee longer), I started to get some positives. [name_f]May[/name_f] not be the case for you but I thought Iā€™d throw it out there!

2 Likes

How did I not realise this?! And Iā€™ve been drinking SO MUCH water recently. It really is a catch 22, youā€™re right! Thank you for pointing this out.
Iā€™m gonna keep testing the next few days, even though I would be ovulating way too late in my cycle if they do show a positiveā€¦ but will try and drink a bit less as you said just to see if there is a difference.
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] you are doing ok!

1 Like

It is also worth pointing out that some women do not get an LH surge strong enough to trigger a positive OPK, but they still ovulate! OPKs often cause more frustration than they are worth.

If you havenā€™t, maybe try temping! ā€œTaking Charge of Your Fertilityā€ is an amazing book and I recommend any one trying to conceive (or not!) reads it. It is such a great resource about the female reproductive system and conception.

4 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone, wow itā€™s been a minute since I last checked in! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] everyone is doing well?

Weā€™ve had a lot going on the past week so we couldnā€™t really BD during my fertile window this cycle. I might be out for this month, but Iā€™m looking forward to trying again next month for a [name_u]September[/name_u] baby!

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] dust to everyone in their fertile window, TWW or otherwise! :sparkles: Surely one of us has to get lucky and start the Jul-Oct 2022 thread soon?! :scream:

6 Likes

Hey! Still waiting on my period to arrive, but got a BFN on a test this morning, so Iā€™m almost certainly out for this cycle.

which means that I wonā€™t be pregnant before my due date. Immediately after my loss that was my preference (I didnā€™t want people telling me it was meant to happen, that I wouldnā€™t have this kid if my other baby hadnā€™t died, plus grieving my specific kid, not just the loss of a pregnancy in general), however I changed my mind about that and weā€™ve been trying and hopeful for the past two months.

If there are any [name_u]July[/name_u] babies in here, we indeed should be finding out about them soon :sparkles: :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

[name_m]Just[/name_m] wanted to say I was reading through the opk discussion and have to say I agree wholeheartedly on everything thatā€™s been said on OPKsā€¦ I too chucked mine out because I think 1. I drink way too much water as Iā€™m always on the go, thus affecting the results. 2. Iā€™d forget most days to do them anyway lol and 3. I think I was one of those who get their surge very immediately, not a gradual increase. Making it hard to pinpoint.

@minxtruck Iā€™ve been in the same boat this month I wasnā€™t too hopeful as both my partner and I had covid and my youngest had an ear infection. And well lovely covid actually made my period almost 5 days early, there canā€™t be any other reason. :scream:

Sorry there wasnā€™t much BD for you guys this month but loving the positive vibes you have for next month. [name_u]September[/name_u] feels like a nice month.

@eattacosforbreakfast Iā€™m sorry itā€™s hard. And itā€™s even harder if you potentially get them kind of comments. :confused:

Iā€™d love to see some Leo/July babies.
To think this time 4 years ago I was BFP for a Leo/July baby :weary: I want to see that thread. Iā€™ve been willing it to happen for us all.

So I was doing some reading the other evening and it was discussing the power of positive thinking/manifestation basically and how we should remove oneself from wanting (which is perpetual) to imagining (which is powerful/readily available)

So my partner and I sat down and started to imagine what our third baby would look like and what kind of features we would love to see (I literally wouldnt be fussed who they looked like, provided they were healthy) it was nevertheless a fun thing to do and I thought maybe we could boost some morale and positivity in the group if anyone wanted to do this exercise at all? ( No worries and no pressure if not)

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have a preference for certain features to be passed on for instance :joy:? You can even mention the possibility of grandparent features? [name_f]My[/name_f] boys are both really tall and my dad is 6ft 5 so I think they have some grandad genes there. [name_f]My[/name_f] eldest has piercing eyes like my mum which is sweet considering they are both Scorpios.

(This exercise can also be done even if you are doing the IVF route as you can still imagine your babyā€™s features etc)

So some of the things I was imagining was

1. A brunette baby. Both my boys are blonde and literally mini versions of their dad so Iā€™d love for the third one to look a little like me :eyes::eyes:
  2. Blue/Green eyes. Both my boys have blue or green eyes and Iā€™d love for a third baby to have the same colour eyes as their brothers so they looked like peas in a pod.
  3. A dimple chin. [name_f]My[/name_f] youngest has a dimple chin and itā€™s the cutest thing ever and Iā€™d love to see another dimple chin :joy:
  4. Weird one, there is an ongoing joke in our family about my ears as they are quite elf like and my eldest inherited my pointy ears and I got them from my dad. So Iā€™d love to see pointy elf ears again
  5. [name_f]My[/name_f] partnerā€™s complexion. [name_f]My[/name_f] partner always seems to have a tan, at least he is golden hue for sure. Iā€™m porcelain, and my two boys are the same. We have good, clear complexions but in the winter we are pretty much [name_m]Casper[/name_m] the ghost lol.

This might seem superficial as all based on looks but I feel like intelligence is mostly an environmental factor so yeah, not much commentary there.

I feel like itā€™s really good to imagine what we want with the view to it manifesting.
Iā€™d love to hear what everyone else imagines their baby to look like.

4 Likes

I definitely thought about this while I was pregnant and even before. My husband keeps his hair cut quite short, so you canā€™t tell that itā€™s curly, but in his baby pictures he has the most adorable, soft curls. I have a ton of thick curly hair, so itā€™s nice to imagine our kids with cute dark curls. My husband has green eyes, and so does my mom, so itā€™s possible that our kids could have green eyes

That sounds absolutely precious!

2 Likes

Currently in my TWW (just going off ovulation through an app at the moment as the OPKā€™s didnā€™t work for me as I said prior).
Iā€™m really hopeful this month. Weā€™ve been ill this past week, tested negatively for Covid but Iā€™m still in the midst of what feels like flu.
But the week prior was my fertile week and Iā€™m just day dreaming about this babe. I guess when youā€™re sick in bed thereā€™s not much else to do but daydream. But I donā€™t know, I feel like maybe just maybe this might be the month. It also feels a bit scary to be hopeful.

@minxtruck @eattacosforbreakfast Sending you both dust for next month, but you both may not be out yet for [name_u]August[/name_u] babies :leo:

@anon25197097
[name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I often talk about stuff like this. Before we had our son, I always imagined blonde curls, blue eyes and a cheeky grin. But he surprised us all with a mop of ginger hair (still blue eyes and cheeky grin though!)
He is literally a carbon copy of my husband apart from my eyes.

I wonder whether our next child / children will all he red too or blonde or even brown haired like some of my family. I would secretly hope they look a little more like me but honestly I donā€™t mind.
Itā€™s funny, a lot of baby names I like actually mean red or red-haired. So maybe itā€™s fate!

3 Likes

Oh my curls and green eyes :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Aww thatā€™s interesting to like names that mean red haired. And cheeky grins are always the best.
[name_f]My[/name_f] partner was quite strawberry blonde when born but now is blonde.

Our youngest hair colour we debate so much whether itā€™s strawberry blonde or golden lol? Hairdressers donā€™t seem to know much either.

Iā€™d say my son is a true strawberry blonde in real life, but in photos it looks so much more vibrant and ginger! And he has the sweetest features- a freckled nose, blonde eyelashes. He really is a cutie.

Weā€™re both fair, my husband more so (Swedish roots) so I can imagine a blonde daughter or son. But honestly Iā€™d love a trio of little foxes too :fox_face:

2 Likes

CD 14 here, I think. DS has turned a more positive corner in his sleeping habits so, while Iā€™m having to adjust again, it has provided more peace in our household. Also, it has provided more chances to try for Sleep Destroyer #2ā€¦lol. Weā€™ll see what happens this month.

In terms of characteristics, I kind of hope the next baby looks at least something like me! Lol. My son looks exactly like his daddy, although his hair and eye color are very close to mine. Everyone who sees DS points it outā€¦weā€™ve even had people who donā€™t know my husband say kiddo must look like him because he doesnā€™t look anything like me! It gets annoying sometimes but it isnā€™t a big deal. I just have a bit of a chip on my shoulder because I was the odd one out of my siblings and I heard all of the milk man and adoption jokesā€¦

I think it would be neat if Baby#2 inherited my curly hair. No one else in my family has it to the extent I do. Looks aside, I wonder if theyā€™ll be artistic like many other family members are. I know some things are environmental but it is neat to see traits just come about.

1 Like

Adorable!

What is it with sons looking like their dads. I find it annoying when people say my sonā€™s donā€™t look like me because I think they do, just not very obvious

1 Like