Ttc 2021 😍

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all! Tentatively wading into this thread. I have been on nameberry for many years, but only now am approaching actually having kids! However, given that it is so late in the year really it will be next year before any very intentional trying happens.

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I got married recently and live in the Midwest. He is a lawyer, I work in education and we are both 26. Our timeline for TTC has crept backwards over the last few months, from spring/summer 2023 to late 2022 to maybe now? I have planned for a while to come off the pill, and next week will be my last week on it. I have been on the pill for many years and just felt done with it, and with being the one primarily responsible for birth control. However, I figured we would use condoms until we decided we actually wanted to start trying, but my husband has now been saying vague statements like “hey whatever happens happens” but also recently said “we should get pregnant in December.” It feels like a bit of a reversal of roles, since I have always been the more enthusiastic one when it come to having a baby, and frankly it has taken me by surprise!

All that being said I am okay waiting a bit longer, but am trying to make sure I am physically prepared if I do get pregnant soon. I eat a fairly healthy vegetarian diet and am reasonably physically active, although I could be more for sure. I am pretty small and therefore don’t eat tons, and always worry I am deficient in something. I currently am taking a multivitamin as well as [name_m]Zinc[/name_m] and [name_m]Iron[/name_m] (not every day, it does irritate my stomach). I cross checked with the recommended contents of prenatal vitamins, and all I am not getting in my current regimen is calcium and iodine. Think that alone is a good enough reason to switch now to a prenatal? I have a doctors appointment later this month and I will of course ask then too.

Looking forward to joining in on these discussion on occasion! Continuing the conversation about an imagined child’s features, I have always pictured our kids looking like my husband. They are all but guaranteed to have black or close to black hair (we both do), and he has very dark brown eyes I imagine our kids inheriting. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband has a great jawline and I have a weak one, so I very much hope our kids get that from him! I know he wants them to be tall like his family. He is about 6ft, and is the tallest in his extended family, but most men are around 5’10". [name_f]My[/name_f] family has an average male height of about 5’7", so it will be interesting to see far down the road whose genes win out!

5 Likes

Hello and welcome to the thread :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u], @Beort12 ! So exciting to think about being pregnant so soon. Good luck to you - I hope it happens quickly and easily for you!

@Kibby - that is interesting and helpful information. Thank you! I haven’t been getting much EWCM lately which is frustrating but need to make good use of it when I do!

AF came yesterday. I had a 25 day cycle this month. Ugh. That just seems so short to me and I feel like it’s indicating something is off. I think I’ve read that could mean I have low progesterone, but I have an appointment with my OBGYN mid-December so I’ll talk to her then.

2 Likes

I had an incredibly short cycle last month. 4 days earlier then I was expecting. I had read that it is could be stress induced which made a lot of sense for me as [name_u]October[/name_u] was rather stressful waiting to hear if hubby’s exemption got accepted or not. Now that that is all behind us I’m hoping for more of regular…. That is until the BFP occurs

3 Likes

Still no July-Sept 2022 due date thread? :sob:

It happens, I know when I was in the October-December due date group I was the only one with a [name_u]December[/name_u] due date at that time.

Im sure we’ll have announcements of baby berries next [name_u]July[/name_u] anyway, but for me the announcements that are most special are from the people who’ve been around these threads for awhile (and people who use my favorite names from their threads asking for advice, for obvious reasons)

But maybe we’ll get a bunch of Aug and Sept babies from the TTC crew. They are the most popular months to be born in after all!

Sending baby dust yalls way.

6 Likes

I have a late [name_u]July[/name_u] and an early [name_u]September[/name_u], and my husband and I have [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_u]September[/name_u] birthdays, so I’m kind of hoping it happens for us in the next month so we’re all close! But I’m not really optimistic at this point

2 Likes

[name_f]Mini[/name_f] vent - [name_f]My[/name_f] cycle is running long, by 2-3 days now. I’m definitely not pregnant this month but I’m frustrated!!! Three days late means my window for next month is no longer when he’s home that month, so we are likely out for a [name_u]September[/name_u] baby already. Unless my period holds off for another 4+ days but that’s unheard of for me. When he’s only home really 3 full days every two weeks it makes timing really a %!?$*

Maybe in [name_u]January[/name_u] we’ll have better luck.
[name_f]My[/name_f] fertility doctor once mentioned Letrozole for me, anyone have any experience?

I’m a couple days out of my Ovia-predicted fertile window and woke up to some pretty intense cramping. [name_f]My[/name_f] pre-baby periods always had cramping the week before AF came though so we’ll see.

@Kibby I haven’t taken that but I did know a woman who was put on that twice and she conceived two of her sons (not twins). She also said it was much better on her system/had less side effects than Clomid. It could be worth a try!

2 Likes

Still no luck over here. Feeling pretty bummed. Had hoped to be well on my way to #2 by the end of the year, and here we are in [name_u]December[/name_u] already :pensive:

2 Likes

@namergirl3 that sounds promising!! Fingers crossed!

@sabrielschild I feel this so much. I’m so sorry you are bummed and frustrated. [name_u]December[/name_u] always feels like the closing of a chapter and it’s so hard when things haven’t worked out by then. [name_f]My[/name_f] heart is in solidarity with you!!

And yet, the year isn’t quite over, my friends :slight_smile: Here’s to hoping for a magical [name_u]December[/name_u]!

4 Likes

I think I’m out for 2021… I’m having some very light bleeding that I’m assuming is AF? And based on how late I typically ovulate, it probably won’t happen this month… I guess maybe it still could, but I’m not optimistic. [name_f]My[/name_f] cycles are still super messed up from my IUD I think, which is frustrating. I kind of half assed charting, so I’m not sure if I even ovulated this last cycle or not. But I’m feeling ok about things still, and looking forward to something hopefully happening next year!

1 Like

Can’t quite believe 2021 is almost at an end, ttc this year has been quite the journey and maybe naively not what I expected at all.

I had a doctors appt this week. [name_f]My[/name_f] bloods came back good, though my iron is on the low side of normal so I’ve started supplementing that this week.
The GP I saw was honestly the most lovely and down to earth person, she really listened and understood where I was coming from and even empathised with my situation (I’ve had a ton of issues with GP’s so this was such a relief)
She basically told me to throw away the OPK’s and just get busy (!!) so that’s our plan for [name_u]December[/name_u].
Really hoping for a positive for [name_u]Christmas[/name_u].
If we still haven’t conceived by [name_f]May[/name_f], she wants me to go back and do more blood work and further testing but hopefully that won’t happen.

Sending positivity to everyone in these last few weeks of the year. I’ve been grateful for this group, and hope to see lots of BFP’s for you all soon x

6 Likes

AF showed up today. Thanks for welcoming me in this thread to the last little bit of the year! Here’s to hoping 2022 brings all of us positives :heart:

5 Likes

Still hoping we see some BFP’s in these last few weeks of 2021!

[name_f]My[/name_f] fertile window was last week. We BD’d a couple times, so we shall see. I have my annual gyno appointment next [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f], so I am going to ask them to do some bloodwork and check my levels while I’m there. Hoping if I don’t get my BFP by then, I’ll at least be able to start the new year feeling more knowledgeable about my body and ready to take on another year of TTC.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] to you all! :heart:

3 Likes

Absolutely feel you on this! Having started in [name_u]Jan[/name_u], I naively thought we could potentially have a baby by [name_u]Christmas[/name_u], or at least pregnant. Next [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] I can test to see if we managed a 2021 conception, otherwise it’s onto 2022 for us. This thread has definitely helped me get through ttc in 2021!

We have a referral to a fertility clinic from my GP, haven’t made the apt yet. DH has some things to sort out health-wise, an ultrasound showed a complete inguinal hernia which is likely affecting his fertility. Not sure how long the wait for surgery is. I want it to be ASAP so we can rule that out, but that also means we could be benched for some time afterwards.

I’m thinking of booking the fertility clinic apt in [name_u]Jan[/name_u] so we can get a baseline SA for him pre surgery and have me looked into as well.

1 Like