Ttc 2021 šŸ˜

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u], @Beort12 ! So exciting to think about being pregnant so soon. Good luck to you - I hope it happens quickly and easily for you!

@Kibby - that is interesting and helpful information. Thank you! I havenā€™t been getting much EWCM lately which is frustrating but need to make good use of it when I do!

AF came yesterday. I had a 25 day cycle this month. Ugh. That just seems so short to me and I feel like itā€™s indicating something is off. I think Iā€™ve read that could mean I have low progesterone, but I have an appointment with my OBGYN mid-December so Iā€™ll talk to her then.

2 Likes

I had an incredibly short cycle last month. 4 days earlier then I was expecting. I had read that it is could be stress induced which made a lot of sense for me as [name_u]October[/name_u] was rather stressful waiting to hear if hubbyā€™s exemption got accepted or not. Now that that is all behind us Iā€™m hoping for more of regularā€¦. That is until the BFP occurs

3 Likes

Still no July-Sept 2022 due date thread? :sob:

It happens, I know when I was in the October-December due date group I was the only one with a [name_u]December[/name_u] due date at that time.

Im sure weā€™ll have announcements of baby berries next [name_u]July[/name_u] anyway, but for me the announcements that are most special are from the people whoā€™ve been around these threads for awhile (and people who use my favorite names from their threads asking for advice, for obvious reasons)

But maybe weā€™ll get a bunch of Aug and Sept babies from the TTC crew. They are the most popular months to be born in after all!

Sending baby dust yalls way.

6 Likes

I have a late [name_u]July[/name_u] and an early [name_u]September[/name_u], and my husband and I have [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_u]September[/name_u] birthdays, so Iā€™m kind of hoping it happens for us in the next month so weā€™re all close! But Iā€™m not really optimistic at this point

2 Likes

[name_f]Mini[/name_f] vent - [name_f]My[/name_f] cycle is running long, by 2-3 days now. Iā€™m definitely not pregnant this month but Iā€™m frustrated!!! Three days late means my window for next month is no longer when heā€™s home that month, so we are likely out for a [name_u]September[/name_u] baby already. Unless my period holds off for another 4+ days but thatā€™s unheard of for me. When heā€™s only home really 3 full days every two weeks it makes timing really a %!?$*

Maybe in [name_u]January[/name_u] weā€™ll have better luck.
[name_f]My[/name_f] fertility doctor once mentioned Letrozole for me, anyone have any experience?

Iā€™m a couple days out of my Ovia-predicted fertile window and woke up to some pretty intense cramping. [name_f]My[/name_f] pre-baby periods always had cramping the week before AF came though so weā€™ll see.

@Kibby I havenā€™t taken that but I did know a woman who was put on that twice and she conceived two of her sons (not twins). She also said it was much better on her system/had less side effects than Clomid. It could be worth a try!

2 Likes

Still no luck over here. Feeling pretty bummed. Had hoped to be well on my way to #2 by the end of the year, and here we are in [name_u]December[/name_u] already :pensive:

3 Likes

@namergirl3 that sounds promising!! Fingers crossed!

@sabrielschild I feel this so much. Iā€™m so sorry you are bummed and frustrated. [name_u]December[/name_u] always feels like the closing of a chapter and itā€™s so hard when things havenā€™t worked out by then. [name_f]My[/name_f] heart is in solidarity with you!!

And yet, the year isnā€™t quite over, my friends :slight_smile: Hereā€™s to hoping for a magical [name_u]December[/name_u]!

4 Likes

I think Iā€™m out for 2021ā€¦ Iā€™m having some very light bleeding that Iā€™m assuming is AF? And based on how late I typically ovulate, it probably wonā€™t happen this monthā€¦ I guess maybe it still could, but Iā€™m not optimistic. [name_f]My[/name_f] cycles are still super messed up from my IUD I think, which is frustrating. I kind of half assed charting, so Iā€™m not sure if I even ovulated this last cycle or not. But Iā€™m feeling ok about things still, and looking forward to something hopefully happening next year!

1 Like

Canā€™t quite believe 2021 is almost at an end, ttc this year has been quite the journey and maybe naively not what I expected at all.

I had a doctors appt this week. [name_f]My[/name_f] bloods came back good, though my iron is on the low side of normal so Iā€™ve started supplementing that this week.
The GP I saw was honestly the most lovely and down to earth person, she really listened and understood where I was coming from and even empathised with my situation (Iā€™ve had a ton of issues with GPā€™s so this was such a relief)
She basically told me to throw away the OPKā€™s and just get busy (!!) so thatā€™s our plan for [name_u]December[/name_u].
Really hoping for a positive for [name_u]Christmas[/name_u].
If we still havenā€™t conceived by [name_f]May[/name_f], she wants me to go back and do more blood work and further testing but hopefully that wonā€™t happen.

Sending positivity to everyone in these last few weeks of the year. Iā€™ve been grateful for this group, and hope to see lots of BFPā€™s for you all soon x

7 Likes

AF showed up today. Thanks for welcoming me in this thread to the last little bit of the year! Hereā€™s to hoping 2022 brings all of us positives :heart:

6 Likes

Still hoping we see some BFPā€™s in these last few weeks of 2021!

[name_f]My[/name_f] fertile window was last week. We BDā€™d a couple times, so we shall see. I have my annual gyno appointment next [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f], so I am going to ask them to do some bloodwork and check my levels while Iā€™m there. Hoping if I donā€™t get my BFP by then, Iā€™ll at least be able to start the new year feeling more knowledgeable about my body and ready to take on another year of TTC.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] to you all! :heart:

3 Likes

Absolutely feel you on this! Having started in Jan, I naively thought we could potentially have a baby by Christmas, or at least pregnant. Next Wednesday I can test to see if we managed a 2021 conception, otherwise itā€™s onto 2022 for us. This thread has definitely helped me get through ttc in 2021!

We have a referral to a fertility clinic from my GP, havenā€™t made the apt yet. DH has some things to sort out health-wise, an ultrasound showed a complete inguinal hernia which is likely affecting his fertility. Not sure how long the wait for surgery is. I want it to be ASAP so we can rule that out, but that also means we could be benched for some time afterwards.

Iā€™m thinking of booking the fertility clinic apt in Jan so we can get a baseline SA for him pre surgery and have me looked into as well.

5 Likes

See you all in the 22 thread ladies (those who have had periods for Dec now) . Period arrived today for me, giving me a 28 day cycle

5 Likes

When do you feel itā€™s safe to take a pregnancy test in terms of DPO? Ovia say 12DPO, but thatā€™s quite far from my supposed missed period date. Split the difference? What do you normally do?

@eattacosforbreakfast
Iā€™ve never done it using DPO, Iā€™ve normally just waited until about 3-4 days before my period was due. Is it worth waiting til your missed period?

This website gives some data on positives by DPO.

1 Like

Thanks all for the welcome!

I am just on the other side (I think) of my first fertile window post-birth control, but we used enough protection this month that I would be shocked if I was pregnant. Which is fine, we had no intention of really dedicatedly trying this month. I am interested to track for a bit my cycle. This month I had encouraging CM on CD 12, 14, 15, and 16. It is my first month off the pill so who knows if I actually ovulated, but I am guessing I did. Now we will just have to wait and see when my period comes. Many years ago before starting the pill I had a 28 days almost to the hour cycle, but the one stretch of time I was off the pills for a few months since I remember my cycle being less consistent and a little longer, maybe around 30 days. [name_f]My[/name_f] period is scheduled to come just a couple days before [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] and we are traveling out of town, so I wouldnā€™t mind if it came late!

After a quick ā€œbest apps to track your period/fertilityā€ search I downloaded the Ovia app. I have liked it, but does anyone else have other apps they think are particularly informative or useful?

1 Like

Anyone else in their final TWW for this year?
Trying to not symptom spot but I just feel like every twinge is so heightened. And Iā€™m twinging a lot.
The days are luckily flying as usual in the run up to [name_u]Christmas[/name_u], and so Iā€™m not trying to wish the time away.

1 Like

@georgiegeorgie Yep, me :raising_hand_woman: AF is due on 23rd, so Iā€™ve asked [name_f]Santa[/name_f] for a positive test and a sticky bean :face_with_hand_over_mouth::crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Same @sabrielschild ! Mine is due 20th. Hereā€™s hoping [name_f]Santa[/name_f] delivers :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes