Twin baby girl names

Here are my two favorite options for my twin girls due in a few weeks. Help me decide! Which do you prefer? Middle names are family names.

Emilia [name_f]Christine[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Emmy[/name_f])
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Lily[/name_f])

Or

Emilia [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Emmy[/name_f])
[name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Maddy[/name_f])

Open to other similar suggestions.

4 Likes

Emilia and [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] are my choice! They’re distinct so both girls can have their own identity, and so gorgeous on their own. Good luck with the babies :heart:

1 Like

Congrats!

My preference is for [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] — so so cute!

Christine could be used as a first name if you wanted as well. You might also like [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], or [name_f]Clara[/name_f].

Of all your names, [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] is my favorite. :heart_eyes:

Best of luck and take care!

[name_m]Even[/name_m] though I prefer [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] to [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f], [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] feels more distinct and sounds better with [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] would match better stylistically spelled [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]!

2 Likes

Emilia and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]! Such a darling set of names for twins!

I like [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] and [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f]. For nn you have [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Maddy[/name_f]…

Emilia [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f] for sure!

1 Like

This is a tough one for me - I like [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] better than [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] but I also like [name_f]Lily[/name_f] better than [name_f]Maddy[/name_f].

I second @may.rose’s suggestion of the [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] spelling! I find it fits better with [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and I like it better than [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] on its own merits - the “-leine” feels really graceful to me compared with the more abrupt “-lyn”.

2 Likes

Emilia [name_f]Christine[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] are wonderful

1 Like

[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] is the most gorgeous sibset! :heart_eyes:

^ agree with this!

4 Likes

Welcome to Nameberry, and congratulations! How exciting :heart:

While I much prefer [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] to [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] (it’s less trendy and more of an everlasting classic), I don’t think [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] are easy to say together. It feels like a tongue-twister when I say it out loud! I know you’ll have the nicknames (which are so lovely) but if you ever have to call their full names out together it might become a bit of a hassle.

I’d therefore cast my vote for [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Emmy[/name_f]’ & [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Maddy[/name_f]’. [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] both have distinctive sounds, are easy to say together in full and nickname form, and both feel sweet and warm. [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] is quite a trendy spelling of the name, whereas [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] has been used for centuries, so if I were you I might spell it [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] or something more ‘classical’ - but that could cause a mah-duh-line (as opposed to ma-duh-lynn) mispronunciation.

If you like [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], you might also like:

Lydia nn [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] nn [name_f]Vivi[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Vivi[/name_f]/Liv/Olive’
[name_f]Liana[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lia[/name_f]/Lily/Anna (feels easier to say with [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] than [name_f]Lillian[/name_f])
[name_f]Leonora[/name_f] nn [name_f]Nora[/name_f]

If you like [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f], you might also like:

Adelyn/Adeline nn [name_f]Della[/name_f]/Ada/Addy/Lina/Lynn (love [name_f]Della[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] together!)
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] nn [name_f]Tilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] nn [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] (or just [name_f]Margot[/name_f] nn [name_f]Margot[/name_f]!)
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] nn [name_f]Ada[/name_f]/Della
[name_f]Eveline[/name_f] nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f] (strikes a nice balance between [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f])

It seems like [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] is a name you really like, so here are some more suggestions for [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]’s twin sister,

Rosanna nn [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f] nn [name_u]Abby[/name_u]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] nn [name_f]Flossy[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]/Anabelle nn [name_f]Bella[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] nn [name_u]Penny[/name_u]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] nn [name_f]Della[/name_f]/Lila
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] nn [name_f]Ella[/name_f]/Nora ([name_f]Ella[/name_f] & [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] is so sweet!)
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] nn [name_f]Kitty[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f]/Juliet/te nn [name_u]Julie[/name_u]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lottie[/name_f]
[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f] nn [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]/Estella nn [name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u]/Aura

I think [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] flows better than [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f]. So…

My favourite combos would be,
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] & [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Emmy[/name_f] & [name_f]Lily[/name_f]’
followed by,
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] & [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] or [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Emmy[/name_f] & [name_f]Della[/name_f]’
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] & [name_f]Rosanna[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Emmy[/name_f] & [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]’

Good luck!

I prefer [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]. [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] feels a bit overused to be. Both [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] are slightly more unique versions of classical girl names, and they have adorable nicknames that work well together.

I prefer [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]. I think they’re more feminine and timeless. Also, I’m a [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and my cousin is [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] and I’ve always thought they were cute together.

Emilia [name_f]Christine[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] are gorgeous! Elegant and sophisticated.

Emilia & [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] :grin:

Emilia and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], 100%

Hi there.

I pick [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] & [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]. The only slight problem is that they’re a little bit rhyme-y. But [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] & [name_f]Lily[/name_f] are great for twins. [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] isn’t as classic feeling as [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] to me, & [name_f]Maddy[/name_f] is just a little fussy. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like the nn [name_f]Maisy[/name_f]?! It’s a bit of a stretch for [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f], but [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] & [name_f]Maisy[/name_f] would be sweet. And [name_f]Maisy[/name_f] is much more interesting.

Here are a few similar suggestions that you may like:

Annabelle/Annie

Georgia/Gigi

Isabel/Izzy/Ibbi

Josephine/Posy

Katherine/Kit/Kitty

Lucille/Lucy

Olivia/Livy

Penelope/Penny

Rosalie/Rosie

Sylvia/Sylvie

Vivian/Vivie

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Emilia & [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]

I vote for [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f]. [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] seem a bit too similar with the -ilia sound.

Emilia and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]! I love the repeated soft vowels and l sounds. To me they’re different enough to not sound “match”, yet similar enough to sound like twin set. [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is a sweet, classic pair.