Twins named Margaret and Susannah?

I’ve been considering names for my twin girls, and DH and I have been considering [name]Susannah[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name]. They’re nice together because they’re connected without being blatantly obviously connected ([name]Susannah[/name] means lily and [name]Margaret[/name] means daisy).

So … thoughts? MN ideas?

I think [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Susannah[/name] are lovely twin names.

I think they are lovely together! FYI though I believe the Greek etymology of [name]Margaret[/name] connects it to pearl, rather than [name]Daisy[/name]. I think the connection to daisy is that in French margot is pearl and marguerite is daisy (maybe related - like daisies are little pearls?). Also, [name]Maisie[/name] is historically a nickname for [name]Margaret[/name] and rhymes with [name]Daisy[/name]. I still think lilies and pearls are nicely connected : D.

I agree with this! [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Susannah[/name] are lovely together (and with [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name], imo!), and I love their NN potential ([name]Meg[/name], [name]Maisie[/name], [name]Mae[/name], [name]Daisy[/name], [name]Maggie[/name], [name]Mari[/name], [name]Margot[/name], [name]Greta[/name], etc. for [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Sunny[/name], [name]Sanne[/name]/Sannah, [name]Anna[/name]/[name]Annie[/name], [name]Lily[/name], etc. for [name]Susannah[/name]). I don’t think that they’re cutesy together at all, and since I’ve always heard that [name]Daisy[/name] was [name]Margaret[/name]'s nn, and that it actually means “pearl”, I think they’re perfectly fine. I even like the subtle “lilies and pearls” connection for twin girls.

Good luck!

Beautiful set. Nice picking. I can see sophisticated women wearing those names and sprightly little girls with nicknames of lily and daisy.

I think they sound nice together too and its ok that [name]Margaret[/name] doesnt actually mean [name]Daisy[/name], Daisies have long been associated with the name and the La [name]Marguerite[/name] commune is a flower in [name]France[/name] that is related to Daisies and (I think) thats where the nn stems from.

Great, thank you! DH and I have been talking about it and he’s starting to really [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Susannah[/name] as time goes on, as am I.

[name]Susannah[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] are currently top of our list. So now we need to come up with middles. DH came up with [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Lily[/name] when I first suggested the name for our youngest, but then I pointed out to him that [name]Susannah[/name] means [name]Lily[/name] so we couldn’t use it as an mn. I still like the sound though - however the only names I can think of with a sound close to that are [name]Ellie[/name] and [name]Hallie[/name] - DH hates [name]Hallie[/name] and though I like [name]Ellie[/name] the a in [name]Susannah[/name] and the e in [name]Ellie[/name] run together a bit. As for [name]Margaret[/name]? We can’t seem to find anything we like.

So, can you give us some mn suggestions to think about? Thanks! :slight_smile:

[name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Susannah[/name] are lovely! [name]Millie[/name], perhaps, as a middle name for [name]Susannah[/name]?

At first when I saw them together, my impression was that they don’t look like a sib set, [name]Margaret[/name] being a straight forward bold sounding classic while [name]Susannah[/name] is so soft has a more modern feel and not my idea of classic. But when you described their connection to the flower meanings I totally see the connection and like how it is subtle.

I love [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Susannah[/name] together! Here’s a thought:

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Lily[/name] or

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Lillian[/name]

[name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Susannah[/name] is a lovely set! It just may be my favorite of any g/g twinset that I’ve ever come accross.

I think they are really lovely!

Yes, lovely names! I like the suggestion of [name]Maisie[/name] as a nn for [name]Margaret[/name]! [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Lily[/name] sounds beautiful, would most people really notice that [name]Susannah[/name] means [name]Lily[/name]?

[name]Susannah[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] are cute! [name]Susie[/name]/[name]Anna[/name] and [name]Maggie[/name] would be adorable nicknames!

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Kathrine[/name]/[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]

[name]Margaret[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Alaina[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] [name]Georgina[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] [name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name]

I think they are beautiful. They sound great together without being too matchy - perfect for twins, in my opinion.

Well everyone except me love [name]Margaret[/name]. I think [name]Susannah[/name] needs a more airy fairy sister name than the solid no nonsense [name]Margaret[/name].

Such as

[name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Maisie[/name]
[name]Marissa[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name]

[name]Love[/name] them! [name]Love[/name] the suggestion of of [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Lily[/name]!!

[name]Danielle[/name] your inbox is full I can’t get through.

joymomto8 your inbox is not accepting any more emails as it is full.

rollo

O.k. I’ll fix it, thanks!