Twins, need help with girl names

Hi everyone,

I just went to my first ultrasound the other day and found out I’m pregnant with twins. I never thought about even the possibility of twins so now I need to go back to my lists and I need some help with organizing my thoughts. Granted, I’m very early and I do not know the genders yet, but girls have always been harder for me as there’s so many gorgeous girl names.

We decided before we knew there were 2 that we wanted a little girl to be [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], occasionally nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f], so that will definitely be one of the names, I am very lost on a second favorite girl names. Last name is a color word name starts with G (think color of grass) Middle names are all over the place, I’ll deal with that after I figure out two first names I love.

Names that are on our long list:
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] (DH’s second favorite after [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f])
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] - I love this so much but our niece born last year is named [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]. Makes me hesitant.
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]/Eleanor/Lenora/Annora (basically any [name_f]Nora[/name_f] name), I love [name_f]Nora[/name_f] so much. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f] feels incomplete to me, but [name_f]Evie[/name_f] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f] sounds perfect.
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] - not sure if it works with our last name
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Viviana[/name_f]

I am open to any feedback, suggestions, anything. Thank you!

2 Likes

Maybe [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Elsinore[/name_f] “[name_f]Evie[/name_f] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f]”

3 Likes

Evangeline & [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] would be wonderful!

4 Likes

I like [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] & [name_f]Leonora[/name_f], [name_f]Evie[/name_f] & [name_f]Nora[/name_f] :slightly_smiling_face: Also love Evangeline and Juliet.

Something like [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] or [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] would be cute.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Evie[/name_f] & [name_f]Nora[/name_f] would be so perfect! Besides those you have as longer forms of [name_f]Nora[/name_f], you might consider [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]- so pretty.

I know sisters [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] and think they are well suited for sisters.

I think you could use [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] despite an [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] in the family, they sound different enough to me.

I also like [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] with [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] but it gives me a southern vibe, not thsts there’s anything wrong with that. [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] and [name_f]Evie[/name_f] would be cute. [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] same thing.

All gorgeous choices- so hard to pick. [name_f]My[/name_f] vote goes to [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] but you have no bad options here. I think maybe decide what nickname goes best with [name_f]Evie[/name_f] or if there’s any connection between any of the names since its twins.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Viviana[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]!

You might like [name_f]Delphine[/name_f], [name_f]Saskia[/name_f], [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] and [name_f]Miranda[/name_f]

1 Like

Evangeline and [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] make perfect twins! :grin:

I also like [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f].

1 Like

I agree that [name_f]Evie[/name_f] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f] sound adorable together. I do like [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f](a) together stylistically, but if you’d rather avoid two E names, I love [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] as well.

I also like:
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]

Scarlett might be too wordy with your surname, but aside from that I feel it has a much different vibe to your other names.

Now that I think about it, [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] might be too wordy with your surname too - shame! So, I’ll change my third favourite to [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]. No, wait, then they could both be called [name_f]Evie[/name_f]! And I’d maybe remove [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] from your list as [name_f]Evie[/name_f] and [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] could be a bit of a tongue twister together. Sorry for the rambling haha

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] together. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] or [name_f]Annora[/name_f] nn [name_f]Nora[/name_f] both work nicely as well.

Evangeline [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] sounds really nice, particularly with a one syllable last name.

As for your other options, here are my thoughts:
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]: this name feels a little stale to me and I don’t love the nickname potential here, combining that with the fact that you don’t love it with your last name (nor do I, actually-the transition from T to G isn’t that smooth), this wouldn’t be my top choice for you
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]: this one looks a little short with [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] but they fit nicely together verbally, [name_u]Jules[/name_u] & [name_f]Evie[/name_f] would be cute nicknames
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]: this feels nice with [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and I think it has cute nn possibilities too, this would be another well-paired choice or even as a middle to [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] (I really like the idea of [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] LastName & [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] LastName)
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]: I like the sound of this with [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], but I don’t really love it with your last name given the prominent R sounds throughout
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]: from looks alone, [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] seem well matched without being too similar. However, I dislike that both could technically be called [name_f]Evie[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]: I don’t know why I don’t care for this one but I don’t. I’ll suggest [name_f]Annalise[/name_f] as an alternative that I think goes well with [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and your last name
[name_f]Viviana[/name_f]: this is a pretty name but I feel like there’s too much V between it and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] so not my top choice

So to conclude:
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] > [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]/Annora > [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] > [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] > [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] > [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] > [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] > [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]

1 Like

Evangeline and [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] “[name_f]Evie[/name_f] and [name_f]Vivi[/name_f]” would be super cute!

1 Like

Hi there.

Here are my thoughts on the list-

Seraphina-This is so perfect w/Evangeline. I’m not sure that it’s perfect with your ln, but it’s not terrible. That’s the only negative I can think of.

Aurelia-I think that [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] & [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] are okay for cousins. I have nephews who are close in age & very close friends called [name_m]Cillian[/name_m] & [name_u]Kieran[/name_u]. It’s really never been that much of an issue at all. [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is gorgeous & perfect w/Evangeline as well.

Nora-I agree that Evangline & [name_f]Nora[/name_f] seem a little off, but not so much that it should stop you from using just [name_f]Nora[/name_f] if you mostly love just [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. I think that [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] & Evangline are great together. [name_f]Annora[/name_f] nn [name_f]Nora[/name_f] looks weird to me, since [name_f]Annora[/name_f] has two 'n’s.

Scarlett-It may be a little weird w/a color ln, I agree. Not the end of the world if you love it, but it’s not my favorite anyway. A tad over done too.

Juliet-Ooh, I like [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]. It sounds nice w/your ln & good w/Evangeline. It’s simple & well known & elegant & kind & not terribly popular.

Magnolia-That’s gorgeous too! It’s fancy but seems really sweet & kind of [name_u]Southern[/name_u]. It works w/Evangline & your ln. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]? I feel like it may be a tad unavoidable.

Aurora-I like it, & it works w/Evangeline. It’s a bit ‘r’ heavy w/your ln. I think it’s just ‘r’ heavy in general. I like [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] more, which is similar. And [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is less done.

Genevieve-This seems too close to [name_f]Evie[/name_f] to me, since it also has [name_f]Evie[/name_f] as a nn, you know?

Annabel-I like it. It’s sweet & [name_u]Southern[/name_u] & elegant. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_f]Annie[/name_f]? [name_f]Annie[/name_f] & [name_f]Evie[/name_f] would be adorable for twins. This might get misspelled as [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] sometimes.

Viviana-That’s pretty, but maybe a bit too close to [name_f]Evie[/name_f] as well. I actually know two sets of sister called [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] & [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], & always thought they were kind of close.

You have a great list, but here are just a few more ideas that you may like:

Antonia

Arabella

Cecilia

Cordelia

Francesca

Georgiana

Luciana-[name_f]Evie[/name_f] & [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]!

Lucille!

Lorelei

Sylvia

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love Evangeline and Magnolia together because Evie and Maggie are adorable.
Or I would use a name that’s equal in length.

Evangeline and Adelaide
Evie and Addie

Evangeline and Arabella
Evie and Belle

Evangeline and Celestine
Evie and Celia

Evangeline and Henrietta
Evie and Etta

Evangeline and Lucinda
Evie and Lucy

Evangeline and Constance
Evie and Connie

Evangeline and Penelope
Evie and Penny

Evangeline and Georgiana
Evie and Georgie

Evangeline and Odette
Evie and Odie/Dottie

Evangeline and Philomena
Evie and Mina

Evangeline and Isabella
Evie and Bella

Evangeline and Callista
Evie and Callie

Evangeline and Imogen
Evie and Immy ( love this)

Evangeline and Gabriella
Evie and Bree or Elle

Evangeline and Coraline
Evie and Cora

Evangeline and Rosalie
Evie and Rose

Evangeline and Annabeth
Evie and Beth

Evangeline and Annabel
Evie and Annie

Evangeline and Julianna
Evie and Julia

1 Like

Love [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] together. I also like [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Lenora[/name_f] together.

Other ideas:
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Alison[/name_f]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Angelica[/name_f]
[name_f]Bernadette[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Elaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]
[name_f]Ellia[/name_f]
[name_u]Everly[/name_u]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_u]Haven[/name_u]
[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f]

1 Like
  1. Evangeline and [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] is an amazing combo. Both names are long, elegant and feminine. [name_f]Evie[/name_f] & [name_f]Sera[/name_f] as NN are so cute.
  2. Evangeline and [name_f]Leonora[/name_f]/Lenora , each name has an unique nature.
1 Like

Seraphina or [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]/Eleanora are the clear winners to me!! Both beautiful options. P

2 Likes

Evangeline and [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] would make great twins! [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] or [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] also go well together. But [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] sound a tad bit similar, they could both have [name_f]Evie[/name_f] as a nickname.

1 Like

My initial thoughts…

Seraphina is gorgeous with [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]! The only reservation I have is that [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] have the same ending and [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] and [name_f]Evangelina[/name_f] have the same ending… so I just see that but I really love them together

I don’t think [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is too close to [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]… and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] are super pretty together! If [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] goes by [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] or [name_u]Rory[/name_u] it is far from [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] and [name_f]Evie[/name_f] would be sweet!

Nora and [name_f]Evie[/name_f] really are perfect! But I can see that it would look complete with [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]… [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] are cute if you like the matching initials and I love [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Lenora[/name_f]! [name_f]Annora[/name_f] is pretty too but, for me, [name_f]Lenora[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] sparkle more with [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f].

Scarlett is pretty but as your last name is also a colour, I’m not sure that it would be my first option…

Juliet seems a little short alongside [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]… perhaps [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]??

Magnolia is beautiful but again I worry that it sounds quite descriptive with your surname

Aurora goes nicely with [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], in my opinion!

I also thought that [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] might be a bit close in sound due to the v’s and the fact that [name_f]Evie[/name_f] could be a nickname for both, but I think that they are matched well stylistically if the v thing doesn’t bother you.

I think [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] works with [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]! I like the idea of [name_f]Annie[/name_f] and [name_f]Evie[/name_f] too!

Viviana is gorgeous but again, the v thing might be an issue here. However, I do like [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] and I think that the v’s could be a nice link between them. Also, although [name_f]Evie[/name_f] and [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] are close, [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] could go by [name_f]Annie[/name_f] which is sweet!

My ultimate favourite with [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is [name_f]Lenora[/name_f] nn [name_f]Nora[/name_f] but I like [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f], [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] too. I like the suggestions of [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f], but how about [name_f]Gwenora[/name_f], [name_f]Sonora[/name_f] or [name_f]Honora[/name_f]? Others you might like: [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Cora[/name_f]?), [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], [name_f]Arabella[/name_f], [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Dora[/name_f]?) and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f].

Hope this helps and congratulations on your pregnancy!

1 Like

Evangeline and [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] are beautiful together, but I like [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] even more, and I do think you can use it.

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is still usable - close to [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] but not too close if it’s the name for you.

Seraphina goes well with [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and I think all the longer forms of [name_f]Nora[/name_f] do too - my favourite with [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is probably [name_f]Lenora[/name_f] (or [name_f]Leonora[/name_f]?) but I also have [name_f]Honora[/name_f] on my list so [name_f]Annora[/name_f] gets a vote too.

1 Like