Veronica or Victoria?

Veronica or [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] which is your favorite of these two? Why? Thank you!

4 Likes

Veronica is unexpected and bold! I love how feminine it is, and I appreciate the unusual yet familiar sound.

If you’re going with nicknames I like the [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] nicknames better: [name_f]Ronni[/name_f] or [name_u]Vern[/name_u] would be so cute. For full name I personally prefer [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], I just like the way it sounds.

Thank you! I feel like [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] is sophistication where as [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] is regal. If that makes sense? I have always loved [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] due to the [name_m]Archie[/name_m]’s and now [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] [name_u]Mars[/name_u]. However I have also loved how strong and regal [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] is. If I ever had another girl these 2 may be my top 2 picks if I could get dh on board.

2 Likes

Yeah, I understand! They’re lovely names. :slight_smile:

If we went with [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] she would most likely be called V or Vee. We’d call her [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] once she grew into her name. If we went with [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] we’d call her [name_f]Tori[/name_f] until she grew into her name.

2 Likes

I prefer [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] because I think that it sounds and looks better. [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] is lovely but its just not my style. I also love the meaning of [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]; victory. She was also the [name_m]Roman[/name_m] goddess of victory which I think is lovely for a little girl.

1 Like

Yes they are :relaxed: thank you :relaxed:. Also dh has a great grandma name [name_f]Berniece[/name_f] which I found out is a variation of [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] so I loved It a little more. We almost named our 4 month old [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] though.

2 Likes

Thank you! I know both names aren’t everyone’s style. I just wanted to see which one people loved more. [name_u]Or[/name_u] liked if they didn’t like either. [name_f]My[/name_f] 4 month old daughter was almost named [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]. Dh preferred our other name more. [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] also has a lovely meaning “She who brings victory, and true image”

Wow, I didn’t know that [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] meant that! Its a stunning meaning :heart: Both names are really, really lovely, and you can’t really go wrong with either one, so just pick the one that you love :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

Thank you :relaxed:! I don’t know which name I’d love more? Pretty much depends on how I’m feeling if I ever get pregnant with our 4th and yes last baby. I have 3 daughters.

1 Like

Have you seen the show Veronica [name_u]Mars[/name_u]? It’s so great.

I love both names, but I prefer [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] with the nns [name_f]Tori[/name_f] or [name_u]Rory[/name_u]. Although I really am not a fan of the nn [name_f]Vicki[/name_f], I also feel the same about the nn [name_u]Ronnie[/name_u].

I think I like V or Vee better than [name_f]Tori[/name_f]. And reading through your replies is kind of selling me on [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] more and more

1 Like

Yes I was actually watching the first episode tonight lol. Again that is. She is pretty awesome. I will admit I’m one that prefers the less common name and that will probably be [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] if we have a 4th and final girl. [name_f]My[/name_f] daughters are [name_f]Miranda[/name_f], [name_f]Marina[/name_f], and [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f].

I also don’t care for [name_f]Vicky[/name_f], but I don’t mind [name_f]Tori[/name_f] or [name_u]Vic[/name_u]. I’d prefer not to use [name_u]Rory[/name_u]. That was my dad’s dog who passed away 2 years ago from smoke inhalation when my dad’s house caught fire.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Veronica[/name_f]’s the safer bet then since [name_f]Vicky[/name_f] is such a notorious nn for [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] and might be unavoidable.

Also, I’m sorry about your dad’s dog.

I think it would be adorable to call my baby girl little miss V :relaxed:! I know it probably feels like I’m leaning more towards [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] too. Honestly I don’t know. #4 could easily be our 1st and only son. Although I keep picturing 4 girls so who knows?

1 Like

Sometimes getting responses helps reveal our true desire! I think [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] would be adorable with your other girls names. Have you had the same boy name picked out each time?

I like [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] better as a full name, but I like [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] better if we consider nicknames.

With [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] I have the potential of [name_u]Ronnie[/name_u] as a nickname and I’m not thrilled with that either. So I guess it’s pick your favorite with potential nicknames you don’t like lol. And thank you! I appreciate that.

1 Like

Our first daughter my father-in-law passed away suddenly when l was pregnant with her and we had 2 people to name the baby after. So we were planning on using [name_m]David[/name_m] if we had a boy. Most likely his middle name and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] as his first name. So [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m]. For #2 we had [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] picked out, but I don’t remember the middle name that time. #3 [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] was settled on pretty quickly.