Veronica or Victoria?

Thank you! If we went with [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] I’d call her V or Vee until she grew into her name. [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] would go by [name_f]Tori[/name_f] until she grew into her name

1 Like

Veronica looks and sounds harsh/grumpy/snooty to me. The Veronicas I know are quite mean, rude, and think they’re better than everyone else. But I like that [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] is a flower name and I like the nn [name_f]Vera[/name_f] for [name_f]Veronica[/name_f].

Victoria is prettier to me as a name and written down. I think the name flows better for pronunciation too. I like that [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] is a [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] and a [name_f]Queen[/name_f]! Makes it more appealing for me. It’s a familiar name that doesn’t seem to be used often either.
I know a few [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]’s. I like [name_f]Cora[/name_f] as NN and I think it would go well with your other daughters names too.

It used to be [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]([name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] was my third planned daughter when I was little!), but then it became very used. I dislike someone named [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] now, but that’s just me. I prefer [name_f]Veronique[/name_f] or [name_f]Victoriana[/name_f] actually now, but both of the regular names are fine.

Thank you! I know both names aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I really like both. If we went with [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] she would go by V or Vee until she grew into her name. If we went with [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] she would go by [name_f]Tori[/name_f] until she grew into her name. I love that they both mean victory although [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] means “she who brings victory, and true image”. Yes it’s awesome that she’s also a roman goddess so she’d go very well with [name_f]Cassie[/name_f]’s name.

I actually considered [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] as a nod to my maternal grandma. We’d probably go with [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] first 3 daughters have names that aren’t too common, but known for their time. We haven’t actually run into kids with their names yet. [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] is in the top 25 I believe.

Veronica has been a longtime love of mine, so I have to go with her, but both are lovely :relaxed:

I prefer [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]. [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] doesn’t appeal to me personally and feels more dated imo.

I’m actually a [name_f]Veronica[/name_f]! Most of my life, people have told me “that’s such a pretty name!” or “I wish I was named [name_f]Veronica[/name_f]!” and that made me happy since I have been a bit insecure about my name since I was really young. I’ve been mistaken as [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] a lot but I don’t normally mind. I think [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] is pretty and not uncommon but familiar! I don’t have any nicknames, but some people call me “V” for short

I prefer [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]. I prefer its sound, its regal feel, and just everything about it. (I’ve just never cared for [name_f]Veronica[/name_f], personally.)

I really like [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]. [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] is nice, but I don’t mind the name, personally.

I prefer [name_f]Veronica[/name_f]! It feels fresher

my favourite is veronica!

I like the sharp elegance of [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Veronica[/name_f]!

Thank you :relaxed:! I agree both are lovely names with lovely meaning.

1 Like

Thank you! I know both names aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I really like both. If I ever have a 4th it might be hard to decide.

Veronica is wonderful! Classic but unexpected, with such a great variety of nicknames.

Thank you for weighing in. I have loved [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] for a long time. Dh isn’t thrilled with the name because he knows so many Veronicas. To him it’s popular, but he means for our generation not the girls generation. So again thank you for commenting with your experience :relaxed:.

1 Like

Thank you :relaxed:! I know both names aren’t everyone’s cup of tea. [name_m]Just[/name_m] trying to decide which name I’d love best :relaxed:. I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] is regal feeling. It’s just so beautiful :heart_eyes:

Thank you :relaxed:!