Vivian or Vanessa

Which name sounds more beautiful and rolls off your tongue better? Which nn do you like better - [name]Nessa[/name] or [name]Viv[/name]?Also, which goes better with older sister [name]Isabella[/name]?

[name]Isabella[/name] & [name]Vanessa[/name]

or

[name]Isabella[/name] & [name]Vivian[/name]

Also, I want a name that is underused. Is [name]Vivian[/name] going to get more popular?

[name]Vivian[/name] ( sp [name]Vivienne[/name]) is one of my all time favorites. [name]Vanessa[/name] seems dated to me and would be a very matchy sibset.

I like vivian myself.

I vastly prefer [name]Vivian[/name]. [name]Vanessa[/name] seems so dated to me. I’ve only met one [name]Vivian[/name] and I think it’s so gorgeous!

I’m not a big “[name]Viv[/name]-” fan, and, personally, just find [name]Vanessa[/name] to be a prettier name. I agree it seems a tad dated though.

My immediate reaction is “Ugh, [name]Vanessa[/name], so dated.” BUT … the more I say it, and the more I forget the “dated” thing and just focus on the sound of the name, I like it a lot. It really is quite beautiful. And I MUCH prefer [name]Nessa[/name] over [name]Viv[/name].

That being said, I do think [name]Vanessa[/name] would be too matchy with [name]Isabella[/name]. [name]Vivian[/name] goes better with [name]Isabella[/name]. I’m not a fan of [name]Viv[/name], though … or really of [name]Vivian[/name] either actually. I’d prefer another name with [name]Nessa[/name] as a nn. Like [name]Glynnis[/name] (I read a book with a character named this and her nn was [name]Nessa[/name].) or something similar without the “a” ending.

[name]Vivian[/name] I really love, but with [name]Isabella[/name] it feels very trendy/popular. [name]Vanessa[/name] is too dated though.

I’d rather something like [name]Victoria[/name]. But of those two, I’d say [name]Vivian[/name].

[name]Vivian[/name] is one of my favorite names. I think it matches [name]Isabella[/name] better than [name]Vanessa[/name] does. The double letter and “a” ending makes [name]Vanessa[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name] too similar for me.

If I chose either, I would probably use the nns [name]Vivi[/name] and [name]Nessie[/name], just because I like long e sounds for girl names.

I actually really like [name]Vanessa[/name]! It is a bit matchy with [name]Isabella[/name], but in contrast, [name]Vivian[/name] seems too prim for the romance of [name]Isabella[/name].

[name]Vanessa[/name] is going to come back in 5-10 years, whereas [name]Vivian[/name]/[name]Vivienne[/name] is already “in” (largely thanks to [name]Angelina[/name] [name]Jolie[/name]).

I think [name]Vanessa[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name] go well together. I don’t think they are too matchy. Perhaps [name]Isabella[/name] or [name]Isobel[/name] would be better. I prefer [name]Vanessa[/name] over [name]Vivian[/name]. All the Vanessas I have ever met were pretty and likeable, while the only [name]Vivian[/name] I can think of is [name]Vivian[/name] from The Fresh [name]Prince[/name] of [name]Bel[/name]-[name]Air[/name] and she was kind of bitchy. Although, I do think [name]Vivian[/name] is a pretty name, I much prefer [name]Vanessa[/name]. I don’t think [name]Vanessa[/name] is dated, it has been in the top 200 since the 1950s and it has never peaked really high nor dropped significantly either.

I think [name]Vanessa[/name] goes with [name]Isabella[/name] much better than [name]Vivian[/name]. I also feel like [name]Vivian[/name] is much more dated than [name]Vanessa[/name]. I think it’s ready for a comeback!

I would say [name]Vivian[/name]. [name]Vanessa[/name] definitely sounds dated to me (like 1980s). And i think [name]Vivi[/name] is an adorable nickname

I love [name]Vivian[/name], so gorgeous and vintage. I like [name]Vanessa[/name] too, but it does give me that “dated” vibe. So I choose [name]Vivian[/name]. :slight_smile:

I love [name]Vivian[/name], especially spelt [name]Vivien[/name] like [name]Vivien[/name] [name]Leigh[/name]. So I would go with that. Or [name]Viveca[/name]. Or [name]Veronica[/name]. Or… I like most V names more than [name]Vanessa[/name], honestly.

I know the general consensus will be for [name]Vivian[/name], but I have a massive soft spot for [name]Vanessa[/name]. I think it has something to do with my love of [name]Vanessa[/name] Paradis, but still, I think the name is lovely. I like [name]Vivian[/name] as well, though. [name]Vivien[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] makes me prefer that spelling. I seem to be very influenced by celebrities haha.

[name]Vanessa[/name] sounds perfect on its own, however when matched with [name]Isabella[/name] I feel that they sound too similar. Despite becoming a popular name, [name]Vivian[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name] make a perfect match and sound really cute together.

I like [name]Vivian[/name] better with [name]Isabelle[/name], and I actually love the spelling [name]Vivienne[/name]. I’m not a big fan on the nn [name]Viv[/name], I think it could stand alone without a nn though. I do see [name]Vanessa[/name] as a little dated, but I wouldn’t let that stop you if you really like it. I also love nn [name]Nessa[/name]! I just see [name]Vivienne[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name] together better =] Other names you might like – [name]Verona[/name], [name]Victoria[/name], [name]Vienna[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Violet[/name]

[name]Vivian[/name]/[name]Vivienne[/name] and all other ‘viv’ names seem like they’re headed for the top 10 in the next few years.

[name]Vanessa[/name], while it may seem dated to those of us who are in the 25-40 age range thanks to it’s heyday in the 80s, is actually a classic name, coined by [name]Jonathan[/name] Swift, and the name of [name]Virginia[/name] [name]Woolf[/name]'s sister.

Think of [name]Vanessa[/name] in that context; it gets my vote!

Please go with [name]Vanessa[/name], I do not understand the appeal of [name]Vivian[/name] at all as she still seems 55 in my mind. [name]Vanessa[/name] is very lovely.

I love [name]Vivian[/name] (though I MUCH prefer it spelled [name]Vivienne[/name]) - it is one of my favorite names. Like several other commenters, [name]Vanessa[/name] seems dated to me and brings to mind the 1980s. [name]Vivienne[/name] is adorable and sounds great with [name]Isabella[/name]. I also love the nickname [name]Viv[/name] - so cute and lets her grow into her name as she gets older! [name]Vivian[/name] gets my vote!