Welcome, little one!

[name_m]Just[/name_m] over a week ago, on a rainy [name_m]Friday[/name_m] afternoon, we welcomed our sweet [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] to the world!

We had narrowed our list down to about five names and had mostly decided before she was born. However, after her magnificent unexpected arrival at home (!) and the joy she brought to everyone involved, it was clear that she needed a name as grand as she was. [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] and [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] had been each of our favorites for a long time, so in the end, after talking through names on our long walks in the forest, they fell into place perfectly for her. We love how old school, clunky, and artsy, yet sunny, regal and grand her name is! [name_m]Even[/name_m] though it’s very rare, it’s well known and I think it somehow fits in nicely with a lot of the more popular names today. If we use a nickname, we’ll use [name_f]Ani[/name_f], because it blends the sounds of [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] and [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f], and is a subtle connection to [name_f]Ann[/name_f], which is woven through our family, including my own name. And Augusta’s presence in the ‘Importance of Being Earnest’, reminds me of my own grandfather, [name_m]Ernie[/name_m], who was very important to me. All of our kids have subtle place names and our last three have names also worn by the younger European royals (a fun coincidence), so it ticks those boxes perfectly as well. She’ll have a bonus middle name, but we’re still putting that into place. She joins big sisters [name_f]Marielle[/name_f] and [name_f]Cora[/name_f] and big brothers [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m] and [name_m]Blaise[/name_m] [name_m]Louie[/name_m]. And it just fits her so perfectly! She really couldn’t be anyone else.

A bit about her grand arrival: She came so quickly that she was born right at home, with the help of amazing paramedics. Since she was their first home delivery, her entry into the world was met with smiles, laughter, and celebration, not only by the paramedics, but by all the doctors and nurses when we made it to the hospital (and her first car ride involved all the fanfare of an ambulance ride, complete with lights and sirens)! She’s a girl who knows how to make an entrance.

[name_m]Even[/name_m] more importantly, she came on her time and God’s time. After many prayers that we wouldn’t have to have another c-section, but that she could come on her own, [name_m]God[/name_m] most certainly answered our prayers, and in His usual fashion, He did it in His surprising, yet perfect way.

We could not have asked for a healthier daughter and more perfect birth for our final, beautiful baby! We’re in officially in Seventh [name_f]Heaven[/name_f].

56 Likes

So happy to see [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] being used, and what a beautiful full name, so strong and elegant! Huge congrats and welcome to little [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]!

1 Like

Hugest congratulations!

The joy that fills this post is lovely to read :yellow_heart:

August@ Ingr1d is such a beautiful name! Warm, regal, unexpected and sounds lovely with your kiddos.

Wishing you all the best with your latest addition and a speedy recovery.

1 Like

Congratulations! She has a beautiful name :heart:

1 Like

Big congratulations on your grand, wonderfully named daughter! And thank you for sharing all those details, took us on a happy journey. :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! Her birth story sounds so sweet and surprising in a good way!

I am interested to see what her second middle will be :blush:

Not sure if you’re looking for suggestions but [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] or [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] sounds really beautiful to me and it’s a cute tie to her birth month. It could be a sweet reminder of the joy that her birth brought since she came in the spring when the flowers are bursting into bloom (which brings such joy to the soul after a long, cold winter!)

Also, I really enjoy seeing your children’s names as a set! Very fresh, distinct in their own right, off the beaten path but still easily approachable and cohesive as a set! I especially enjoy [name_m]Blaise[/name_m] [name_m]Louie[/name_m]!

1 Like

Also, her nickname is so cute and inventive!

I like to call my daughter [name_f]Ani[/name_f] (with a Spanish pronunciation) when I speak to her in Spanish (short for her Spanish name, Esperanza)!

1 Like

[name_f]Augusta[/name_f] is so beautiful :heartpulse: huge congratulations!!

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] is a great name!
I’m glad everything went well.

1 Like

[name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] is beautiful congratulations!!

1 Like

Wow I love the name! Congratulations on your new arrival :purple_heart:

1 Like

Her name is gorgeous! It sounds so perfect for your sweet baby girl, and goes so well with her older siblings’ names. Congratulations!!

1 Like

[name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] is sparkly and warm yet so powerful. I love it! Congrats❤️

1 Like

Congratulations @CarolAnn !

[name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] is such a beautiful name, and I’m glad everything went well with her arrival :white_heart:

1 Like

[name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] is such a strong, beautiful name. Congratulations! Wishing your family every happiness in the future.

1 Like

The most beautiful name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :green_heart: I adore [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] Ingrid!! Wishing you and your wonderful family tons of health & happiness going forward!!

1 Like

Oh her name is beautiful congratulations! Lover her name paired with her siblings 🩷

1 Like

Thank you all so much for such kindness!! I really appreciate the heartfelt messages, beautiful sentiments on her name, and well wishes! Each one made me smile :blush:

1 Like

Thank you!! [name_f]Ani[/name_f] for [name_f]Esperanza[/name_f] is gorgeous! I love the idea of [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] Mae/May! Since our garden is in full bloom, I took pictures of it all so she can see how beautiful it was when she was born, so that’s really perfect! And I’m glad you really like [name_m]Blaise[/name_m] Louie’s name! He was SO hard to name and it took ages for us to settle on what to call him out of his 3 names, but he fits his name perfectly now :blush:

1 Like

Oh what a beautiful idea! :blush: That should be a nice little event for you to look forward to and a pleasant surprise for her!

I’m so glad you like it!!! I almost didn’t mention it in case you already had your top choices in mind! I know introducing another option sometimes just makes it harder to choose haha!

1 Like