What are Names That You Hate?! (But everyone else loves?)

@Lexieday831 I’m with you on the nn Seb for Sebastian. I prefer Baz or Bay.

1 Like

Haha, I never thought the nn [name_u]Bay[/name_u]! I like it!

1 Like

Ophelia and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] are definitely not favorites of mine! And I don’t like any Mias or Myas or Mayas, and I’m not a particular fan of [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_f]Abigail[/name_f], or [name_f]Freya[/name_f].

1 Like

I’m not keen on [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] or [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] or [name_f]Betty[/name_f].

2 Likes

I really dislike [name_u]Jordan[/name_u], [name_f]Emily[/name_f] and [name_f]Paige[/name_f] so much but have met many girls of all ages with this name! I also am not a fan of [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] but people seem to love it.

3 Likes

Double-barreled anything. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Maude[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (as a first name), [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], [name_f]Agnes[/name_f], [name_f]Agatha[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]. Also, names with win/wyn, [name_f]Winifred[/name_f], and [name_f]Winnie[/name_f].

1 Like

Also the boys names on girls and vice versa. [name_m]Just[/name_m] not a fan.

1 Like

Emily (my name) or anything like it: Emma, Emmy, Emilia, etc. I just don’t like the sound of it and can’t stand how common it is. I can appreciate it a little more now that I’m older, and I see why people like it, I just don’t myself.

2 Likes

I don’t like names like [name_f]Ava[/name_f], grace, [name_f]Layla[/name_f], [name_u]Abbie[/name_u], [name_f]Emily[/name_f]
I also can’t stand the really American names like paisley, [name_u]Oakley[/name_u], sage, [name_u]Tatum[/name_u] and blakely . All them names, if any of these are yours names I’m sorry I just can’t

6 Likes

Also [name_u]Jayden[/name_u] is a boys name I can’t like I don’t know why everyone uses it :joy:

I live in [name_f]England[/name_f] too and, yeah - not a fan of the double-barrel thing. [name_f]Lilly[/name_f]-[name_f]Mae[/name_f] was my neighbour’s kid and every time I heard her mum shout for her it just felt… cheap.

I’m not too keen on the rise of ‘American’ names either; Jackson, Paisley, Mason, Oakley etc. they don’t sit too well with me.

1 Like

@anon68906791 I literally laughed out loud at your comment :joy:

I can’t stand “trendy white people names” like [name_f]Hensley[/name_f], [name_u]Brinlee[/name_u], McKinsleigh, etc.

Names that are popular on Nameberry that I don’t care for are [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]. I also don’t like the middle name [name_f]Mae[/name_f].

2 Likes

Willow: I just don’t like the “[name_m]Will[/name_m]” part.

Beatrice: This name just sounds so ugly to me.

Ava: Never liked this one.

Cordelia: Ditto^

All of the typical popular boy names in the US - you know, the [name_u]Brayden[/name_u], [name_u]Jayden[/name_u], [name_m]Kaden[/name_m], [name_u]Aiden[/name_u] set. And for girls, those overly sweet/spunky -lee names that are absolutely everywhere (bonus points for added unnecessary letters- especially if it’s an H) - McKhinleigh, [name_u]Brinlee[/name_u], [name_u]Paisley[/name_u], [name_f]Kenzlee[/name_f] etc. No thank you. Not for me. Now - if someone absolutely loves a name like that I think they should totally use it. It’s all about what you love and what name feels like the one!

4 Likes

I hate the name [name_u]Aiden[/name_u]😂 everyone else seems to love it but it’s just never been appealing to me.

4 Likes

Really? Another one?

1 Like

Hey guys! This topic’s been discussed at length on this thread, if you’d like to check it out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah- we don’t really need another one of these threads! No big deal, but probably best to move to Hot Takes rather than clutter the name threads with more of these. :frowning:

1 Like

[name_f]Grace[/name_f]. FOH with her name, too many girls named [name_f]Grace[/name_f] within the length of 2005-2013

1 Like

I don’t hate these names, but personally don’t like them (they’re not my style) :

[name_f]Jessica[/name_f]
[name_f]Paisley[/name_f]
[name_m]Knox[/name_m]
[name_m]Sawyer[/name_m]
[name_f]Olga[/name_f]
[name_f]Mackenzie[/name_f]
[name_m]Gerard[/name_m] / [name_m]Gerald[/name_m]
[name_f]Abcde[/name_f]
[name_f]Piper[/name_f]
[name_m]Alfie[/name_m]
[name_f]Bailey[/name_f]
[name_f]Riley[/name_f]
[name_m]Jagger[/name_m]
[name_f]Bronwyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Geraldine[/name_f]
[name_m]Sean[/name_m]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_f]Barbara[/name_f]
[name_f]Bertha[/name_f]
[name_m]Dick[/name_m]
[name_m]Dudley[/name_m]
[name_f]Gertrude[/name_f]
[name_f]Fanny[/name_f]
[name_f]Helga[/name_f]
[name_m]Larry[/name_m]
[name_m]Bob[/name_m]
[name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m]
[name_m]Kyle[/name_m]
[name_m]Gary[/name_m]
[name_m]Archibald[/name_m]
[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m]
[name_f]Lisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Greer[/name_f]
[name_m]Guy[/name_m]
[name_f]Caitlyn[/name_f]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Jayden[/name_m] / [name_m]Hayden[/name_m] / [name_m]Brayden[/name_m] / [name_m]Javen[/name_m] / [name_m]Shayden[/name_m] / [name_m]Baden[/name_m] / [name_m]Cayden[/name_m]
[name_m]Logan[/name_m]
[name_f]Brandy[/name_f]
[name_f]Chardonnay[/name_f]
[name_f]Fantasia[/name_f]
[name_f]Angela[/name_f]
[name_f]Ellen[/name_f]
[name_f]Leighton[/name_f]
[name_m]Hunter[/name_m]
[name_m]Kevin[/name_m]
[name_f]Kennedy[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Kayla[/name_f]