What are the strangest names you’ve encountered in real life?

I know of a guy with 11 given names- he was named after the A team of the local football team :weary:

1 Like

I met a boy called Tree once, he would be in his 20s now!

1 Like

Siblings named [name_m]Chili[/name_m]-[name_f]Blossom[/name_f] (girl) and [name_m]Braxtyn[/name_m]-Reeb (boy)…

I had to fill in a form for them, and I kid you not, the mum’s explanation for Reeb was “you know, like beer, but backwards!”

:flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

2 Likes

Now that’s epic!

1 Like

I have actually known two guys named [name_u]Paddy[/name_u] where that was their actual name, not a nickname. One was probably born in the 1940s or 1950s and had come from [name_f]Ireland[/name_f]. The other was probably born in late 1980s/early 1990s.

My parents knew a woman named [name_f]Kitty[/name_f] and I have known a [name_u]Keely[/name_u] from [name_u]New[/name_u] Zealand.

1 Like

I knew a girl named [name_f]Diamond[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_u]Christmas[/name_u] [name_f]Candy[/name_f]! I’m so not kidding her last name was candy and she was born around [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] lol.
[name_u]Harley[/name_u] ( girl) it may not be a weird name but it alway conjured up images of the motorcycle.
[name_f]Eisley[/name_f] (girl) I’ve never heard of this name before meeting her and had to be explained how to spell it by my friends.
Crishawn- might be a name but he was a friend’s friend.
I also have a friend who’s last name is Sprinkle but she has a common first name so I guess it doesn’t count as completely odd.:grin:

2 Likes

@anon73426543 now that you mention it, my mom has a relative in the UK who has [name_f]Candy[/name_f] as a first name. I don’t really have contact with them any more. It makes me think how some people may find a name unusual as an adult but if you hear it as a child you may think it unusual at first and then you just accept it and move on.

I knew a girl named [name_f]Ally[/name_f] Cats (spelled with a K and a Z but same concept)
a boy named [name_m]Kane[/name_m]

and i have an ancestor named Groveretta which i always found strange

1 Like

Karoniaienhne, [name_u]Madden[/name_u] (I thought it was strange but cute). [name_f]My[/name_f] dad knew someone named [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] and his last name was Friends. I’ve met a lot of different people, but I don’t remember a lot of their names, lol.

1 Like

I once knew of a [name_m]Bilbo[/name_m] Baggins.
I also know a child named Legolas.

1 Like

Also:

Meadow (a 18/19-year-old girl working at Hobby Lobby)
[name_u]Montana[/name_u] (a 19/20-year-old girl working at [name_u]Sam[/name_u]’s Club)
[name_u]Love[/name_u] (a - probably - 19-year-old boy working at Starbucks)

These aren’t too weird since I hear them talked about, but they certainly caught me off guard to actually see being used.

2 Likes

I met a girl name [name_m]Crash[/name_m] [name_u]Fire[/name_u], it was her actual legal name.

1 Like

I’ve also known a [name_u]Bliss[/name_u]!

Um… I’ve met a Cheshire, [name_m]Hezekiah[/name_m], [name_f]Mystery[/name_f], [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f], [name_f]Khaleesi[/name_f], [name_m]Zeppelin[/name_m], Happy, Pretty, Teal, and a [name_u]Remington[/name_u]… That’s all I’ve got for now!

1 Like

Tia [name_u]Maria[/name_u] ( the drink)
[name_m]Joe[/name_m] [name_u]Kerr[/name_u]

1 Like

Met a girl through track and field named [name_f]Turquoise[/name_f] in high school, I thought that was really cool and unique.

I’ve worked with people named [name_u]Glasgow[/name_u] (f) and Goldfield (f) in the past.

I know a friend of a friend called Lime and another called [name_m]Petri[/name_m] (pronounced like a petri dish in biology). I actually really like the name [name_m]Petri[/name_m] and I haven’t heard it since!

I think the only other strange name I’ve come across is at a wedding for a distant family member. She was part of this commune, and some of the names there were really interesting. [name_m]Can[/name_m]’t remember all of them but I remember one lady was named [name_u]Love[/name_u] Heals.

1 Like

I’ve just remembered a few more
[name_u]Loki[/name_u], which I know is a name but surprising to see it used.
Mailey
[name_f]Gwyneira[/name_f], I imagine her parents wanted to name her [name_u]Snow[/name_u] White but be subtle about it. [name_u]Gwyn[/name_u] means white, eira means snow.
Speaking of [name_f]Eira[/name_f], I know a girl called that as well although it’s not necessarily unique.
Also know a [name_f]Tanwen[/name_f] which as far as I know is fairly unheard of.

1 Like

Oh so many.

I have a cousin named [name_u]Halo[/name_u]. I also have cousins who have [name_u]Bliss[/name_u] and [name_u]Solace[/name_u] as middle names.

I have another cousin Aleaseia ([name_m]Ah[/name_m]-lee-see-ah).

I went to school with a [name_f]Sugar[/name_f], a [name_f]Mercedes[/name_f] and a girl who’s middle name was [name_f]Princess[/name_f].

My dad knew a [name_u]Rain[/name_u] Coats (full name).

My dog’s name is Elphame, which is a Celtic goddess.

1 Like

I went to school with the following:
Charlita
Yolphira
Orchadia
Jeheyda (pronounced je-HIGH-dah)
Starlina
Tahnee (she acted a lot like Verruca Salt from Willy Wonka)
Chesiree (teachers often mispronounced her name as Cheshire)

2 Likes

In my school there is a boy named [name_m]Tygo[/name_m]. I also have a friend whose name is [name_f]Momo[/name_f].

1 Like