What are your main characters called, in any novel or other story you are writing?

I’m writing an original story (just getting started with it) and my narrator is a girl named [name_u]Marin[/name_u] [name_u]Jackson[/name_u]. The other main character is [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_m]Evans[/name_m], which is pretty normal in comparison but that’s what I want with it. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is the strange one, [name_u]Marin[/name_u] is the one who wants to know about [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]’s secret.

1 Like

I‘m starting to writing the love story of my grandma and my grandpa, for privacy reasons i obviously had to change all the names, here are the important ones (also the story starts at 1963 in [name_m]Germany[/name_m], so the names are mostly very german):

Mari [name_f]Karin[/name_f]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Carl[/name_m]
[name_m]Fritz[/name_m] [name_m]Edgar[/name_m]
[name_m]Rudi[/name_m] [name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_f]Emmy[/name_f] [name_f]Luise[/name_f]
[name_m]Ralf[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]
Käte

All the names were in the top 100 in [name_m]Germany[/name_m] between the years 1920-1940.

5 Likes

I’m writing a fantasy novel set in modern day [name_u]Maine[/name_u] then a realm called Alinthia.

Ethan [name_u]Grey[/name_u]
[name_u]Killian[/name_u] (he’s from Alinthia so is this a good other-worldly realm type name?)
[name_u]Nova[/name_u]
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_m]Eros[/name_m]
[name_u]Ari[/name_u]

Brynn [name_m]Richmond[/name_m]

1 Like

I’m basically writing a glorified fanfic of Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous, except instead of dinosaurs it’s with magical creatures, and the characters and setting are completely different and the plot also has some key differences. So, basically, everything is different except for the premise and some plot points. :joy:

Julia “[name_u]Jules[/name_u]” Zhao
[name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] [name_u]Scott[/name_u]
[name_u]Malak[/name_u] [name_f]El[/name_f] Khoury
[name_m]Carlos[/name_m] Castillo
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] “[name_u]Theo[/name_u]” [name_u]Atlas[/name_u]-[name_m]Caldwell[/name_m]
[name_u]Lynden[/name_u] [name_u]Duke[/name_u]

1 Like

I am currently outlining two new book ideas!!

Book 1: [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] Gavalas and [name_u]Lucca[/name_u] [name_u]Mason[/name_u]
Book 2: [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u], Dainin [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] Whitby, [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] [name_m]Oakes[/name_m], [name_m]Darwin[/name_m] [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] [name_u]Camden[/name_u], [name_m]Albert[/name_m] [name_m]Clayton[/name_m] Blackwood, [name_u]Brennan[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] (Ev) [name_u]Langley[/name_u]

Please don’t take!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I made these characters in my freshman year of high school along with my friends lol but most of them are monsters

Skellie [name_m]Johnson[/name_m] (skeleton girl)
[name_u]Nova[/name_u] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] (vampire girl)
[name_u]Rue[/name_u] (like [name_u]Rue[/name_u]-bot/robot)
and [name_m]Kevin[/name_m] [name_m]Matthews[/name_m] (human boy)

1 Like

Elixyvett Tobilo :grin:

1 Like

The two POV characters of my NaNoWriMo story:

Avalon [name_f]Zelie[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u] (goes by [name_f]Avalon[/name_f]; some close friends call her [name_u]Lonny[/name_u])

Evander [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_m]Hart[/name_m] (goes by [name_m]Evander[/name_m] or [name_u]Evan[/name_u]; nicknames include [name_u]Andy[/name_u] and Ev)

MY TWO FAVORITE NAMES!! :grin:

4 Likes

Such cool names, especially [name_f]Avalon[/name_f]! @EJpuddlejumper

1 Like

Love that!! Good luck during NaNo!

Ocean “Oceanie” [name_f]Noreen[/name_f] [name_u]Collins[/name_u]
[name_f]Kaia[/name_f] “[name_f]Kiki[/name_f]” Maurea [name_u]Collins[/name_u]
[name_u]Finley[/name_u] “[name_u]Finn[/name_u]” [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Collins[/name_u]

Sesi “[name_u]Snow[/name_u]” Alonak

June Scottsdale-[name_m]Harris[/name_m]

2 Likes

My novel is set in present-day Toronto, and in a nutshell, it’s about a physicist navigating her very weird life who creates a secret blog under a fake name where she talks candidly about her disability.

My main character’s name is Dr. Emilie Catherine Elise Bertrand Weston. Her nom de plume, which no one knows about, is Nico Johansen.

Her family are:
Lucie Adele Bertrand (mother)
Michael Edwin Everett Weston (father)
Audrey Juliette Claire Bertrand Weston (sister)
Peter Alastair Andrew Weston (grandfather)
Catherine Anne Massey Weston (grandmother)
Jean-Claude Bertrand (grandfather)
Clémence Élisabeth Cartier (grandmother)

Emilie’s best friend is James Tyler Hewitt, who is a mental health social worker trying to reconnect with his long-lost Cree heritage.

Some minor characters are:
Cassandra Jayne Willard
Kristen Mary Brigham
Isabella Zoë Hewitt (James’ sister)
Max Jonathan van Dyck
Carlotta Feng
Connor Jasper McDougal
Bonnie Anne Stewart
Jacqueline Lydia Stewart
Magnus Emmanuel Murphy
Genevieve “Ginny” Leigh Ackerley

I also have an idea for another Canadiana. I only have one named character though. Her name is Alexandra Ashley “Allie” Larkin, and she an autistic 16-year-old from Saskatoon who is trying to build a new life for herself in the big city.

7 Likes
  • Nurse [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] Nunez

• [name_m]Raymond[/name_m] Smithens

• [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] Smithens “[name_u]Dottie[/name_u]”

• [name_u]August[/name_u] Smithens “[name_m]Auggie[/name_m]” or “[name_m]Gust[/name_m]”

• [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] [name_m]Friedrich[/name_m]

• Hugo Botticelli

• Carole Smithens

• Bill Smithens

• Detective McCloskey (middle aged man, 1st name never mentioned)

• Ms. Lisa Harrison

• Sierra O’Brien

• Shaun Smithens

• Epiphany “Fanny” Smithens

3 Likes

Your story sounds so cool so far! What about [name_f]Summer[/name_f] [name_u]Allison[/name_u] for the sister? That seems like a popstar’s name. I also like alliteration names for her sister and her mom! If [name_f]Serenity[/name_f] is their last name, you could do [name_u]Sydney[/name_u], [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f], [name_u]Skylar[/name_u], or something similar. For the twins, I like matchy names, especially for celebrity babies. [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], [name_m]Santiago[/name_m], [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u], [name_m]Stefan[/name_m], [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] ([name_u]Sully[/name_u]), [name_u]Sea[/name_u], [name_u]Sol[/name_u], and [name_u]Salem[/name_u] are all nice. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helped. Best of luck!

1 Like

My protagonist is named [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_m]Hansen[/name_m] but she later on marries the antagonist [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] Steinford

3 Likes

In the play I’m currently writing, the characters are named [name_u]Seven[/name_u] (f) and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] (m).

My last play’s characters were named Esth3r, Anni3, M0na & Ari3l (all characters are f, privacy symbols because this play is published online).

EJ [name_u]Parker[/name_u], [name_u]Chase[/name_u] [name_u]Brooks[/name_u], [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] [name_u]Blake[/name_u], [name_u]Duke[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_u]Devyn[/name_u] & [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] Woodbridge, [name_u]Sutton[/name_u] [name_u]Ellis[/name_u], [name_u]Collins[/name_u] Prayce, & [name_u]Kamari[/name_u] are my most recent characters.

1 Like

I’m writing a story revolving around a group of college students from different backgrounds forming an unlikely friendship and coming together to solve the mystery behind events that occurred at their campus over a hundred years ago, involving their families.

The main character is [name_m]Otto[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] “[name_u]Theo[/name_u]” [name_m]Caldwell[/name_m], the heir to an old money family.

His family include:
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_m]Caldwell[/name_m], née Bianchi (mother)
[name_m]Richard[/name_m] [name_m]Caldwell[/name_m] (father)
[name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Caldwell[/name_m] (uncle)
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] “[name_u]Vinny[/name_u]” Bianchi (uncle)
[name_f]Etta[/name_f] Bianchi (cousin)
[name_m]Otto[/name_m] [name_m]Caldwell[/name_m] (grandfather)
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_m]Caldwell[/name_m] (grandmother)
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m] P. “[name_m]Joe[/name_m]” Bianchi (grandfather)
[name_f]Marilyn[/name_f] Bianchi (grandmother)
[name_m]Victor[/name_m] [name_m]Caldwell[/name_m] (great grandfather)
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_m]Caldwell[/name_m], née van der Beek (great grandmother)
[name_m]John[/name_m] [name_u]Ballard[/name_u] [name_m]Caldwell[/name_m] (great grandfather)
[name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_m]Caldwell[/name_m], née von Graustadt (great grandmother)

The second main character is [name_m]Percival[/name_m] Warburton “[name_u]Percy[/name_u]” Havelka, a middle child from a rich new money family, and [name_u]Theo[/name_u]’s rival.

His family include:
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] “[name_f]Gwen[/name_f]” Havelka (older sister)
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u] Havelka (younger brother)
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] “[name_u]Pip[/name_u]” Havelka II (father)
[name_u]Clare[/name_u] Havelka, née Warburton (mother)
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] Havelka I (grandfather)
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] “[name_f]Peggy[/name_f]” Havelka, née [name_m]Bouvier[/name_m] (grandmother)
[name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] Havelka (great grandfather)
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] “[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]” Havelka, née [name_m]Caldwell[/name_m] (great grandmother)

The third main character is [name_u]Reese[/name_u] [name_f]Melody[/name_f] [name_m]Baird[/name_m], a scholarship student from a working-class family. She is trying to find out what happened to her missing father.

Other characters:
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] Shimizu
[name_f]Helena[/name_f] “[name_f]Lena[/name_f]” Woodward
Émile de la Fontaine
[name_f]Malati[/name_f] Das
[name_f]Brittany[/name_f] [name_m]Baird[/name_m] ([name_u]Reese[/name_u]’s mother)

2 Likes

I decided (finally) on a name for my protagonist in a story I’ve already mentioned on Nameberry several times :sweat_smile: as well as his friend in the story.

Protag
[name_m]Adriel[/name_m] [name_m]Galloway[/name_m] (actually still working on a middle haha) alias “[name_u]Silver[/name_u] Devil”; goes by [name_u]Silver[/name_u].

Friend
[name_m]Cecil[/name_m] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] Delacreaux (:heart_eyes:) a femme genderfluid individual who heads up an underground club/speakeasy. She uses she/her and he/him pronouns and is typically [name_f]Lady[/name_f] Delacreaux to those she dislikes, but is fine using [name_f]Cece[/name_f] with acquaintances.

4 Likes