What are your main characters called, in any novel or other story you are writing?

I have lots of stories right now because clearly i can’t commit to one lmao:

Vulpecula Walburga [undecided]/Vula (purely because she had to be named for a specific constellation and her mother, i know it’s not very pretty)

Margaux Camille Delacour/Gogo, Maxie

Evangeline [undecided] Thomas/Vangie, Evie(eh-vee)
Estelle [undecided] Thomas/Essie,Tess (twin sisters)

Melinoe James Carter/Mel, Minnie (her first name was chosen because Melinoe is the goddess of ghosts and spirits, and my character can see ghosts lol)

Alice Elisabeth Glen/Ali, Lucie

Sunday [undecided] Jin/Sunny (she has sisters Friday and Monday/Maddie and brother Wednesday/Wes. it started as a joke but i just didn’t change it and i’ve gotten too used to them to go back)

Annalyn Grace [undecided]/Annie (fun fact - both Annalyn and Grace mean grace whoops)

wow that was more than i expected, and it’s not even half of what i have
yes i am aware that all of my main characters are female - i have no idea how to write males and non-binary characters lmao

4 Likes

I am working on a few stories. One of them is about a fifteen-year-old girl named [name_f]Jade[/name_f] Friesen who has to stay with her new stepmom’s sister’s family and feels unwanted there. [name_f]Jade[/name_f] is a musician who is insecure and is excited to make friends who are also musical, named [name_m]Dan[/name_m] Vestergard, [name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_m]Kirkland[/name_m], [name_f]Leilani[/name_f] [name_u]Ellison[/name_u], [name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_m]Wong[/name_m], and [name_u]Chris[/name_u] Pellegrini. Her stepmom’s sister is [name_f]Tammy[/name_f]. Her step cousin, who isn’t happy with her being there, is [name_u]Emerson[/name_u]. Her other step cousin is a boy named [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]. Her stepmom’s sister’s husband is [name_u]Blair[/name_u].

I am also working on a story about a twelve-year-old girl named [name_f]Brylee[/name_f] Dahl who is always compared to her popular older sister, [name_f]Alyssa[/name_f]. [name_f]Brylee[/name_f] is staying with her Auntie [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] and Uncle [name_u]Dean[/name_u] away from the rest of her family, and she makes friends with [name_f]Lenna[/name_f] Applegate, a foster kid who doesn’t feel like she fits in anywhere. She is mostly happy but knows her cousin [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] doesn’t want her there. I guess that’s a theme for my stories? She does get along with her other cousin, [name_m]Colton[/name_m]. There is also another friend of [name_f]Brylee[/name_f] and [name_f]Lenna[/name_f] named [name_f]Jaelyn[/name_f] [name_m]Picard[/name_m].

I am also writing a story about a fifteen-year-old girl named [name_u]Lark[/name_u] [name_u]Bell[/name_u]. [name_u]Lark[/name_u] struggles with OCD, something that makes her question what kind of person she is. She is also a musician and song-writer who uses music to help her cope with OCD. [name_u]Lark[/name_u] has a younger sister named [name_u]Julie[/name_u] and an older brother named [name_u]Blake[/name_u]. She has friends named [name_m]Josh[/name_m] Tomaszewski and Rajdeep Sandhu. Her guitar teacher is named [name_m]Derek[/name_m]. I haven’t decided a last name for him.

I am also working on a fantasy story where I invent names. It is about a girl who lives on earth but finds out she is from another world with magic in it. She goes to school in this magical world and learns to use her powers, but she finds out her magical gifts are in the least appreciated category in that world. I haven’t decided everything about the plot. The girl is named Kamiria, although on earth she often went as [name_f]Kami[/name_f]. She makes friends with her roommate [name_f]Terenne[/name_f], who is serious and cares about improving society’s view of their type of magic. [name_f]Terenne[/name_f] also loves music. There is also her roommate Rialda, who is more fun and lighthearted. There is also Zilti, her other roommate, who is adamant that she has different magical abilities than she actually does. Kamiria will also have a friend name Zad (short for Zadinor) and Janvan. There is also the groundskeeper of the school, Sevdi, who I know will be important in the book.

There are a couple of other ideas I hav started, but I haven’t been working on them lately. There is a book I am writing with my twin sister about twins named [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] and [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_u]Lake[/name_u] who have to go to separate high schools and drift apart until they decide that their sisterly relationship is worth too much to let it go. There is also a book I’m writing with my sister and my other best friend about the camp we work at for the blind and Deafblind in [name_f]Canada[/name_f]. In the story, [name_u]Peyton[/name_u] Hogarth, [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_m]Fitzgerald[/name_m], and [name_u]Jace[/name_u] Greenfield (all fictional) meet each other and become friends. They struggle to fit in before they find each other.

Well, this has been really long. Thanks to anyone who is still reading this.

5 Likes

A story I started writing ages ago but never finished main character’s are [name_f]Mila[/name_f] Wilkens and [name_u]Seth[/name_u] Oher.
[name_f]Mila[/name_f] is dead and has been for over a year when the story begins from her perspective. At first she isn’t aware that she has died but soon learns when she crosses paths with a guy from her school, [name_u]Seth[/name_u], who is the only person who can see her. and that’s basically where i stopped writing :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

A story I’m writing (or, more accurately, attempting to write) features a protagonist named [name_f]Reena[/name_f] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u], an eighteen-year-old girl who can see ghosts. The other protagonist is [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u], a ghost who insists on becoming [name_f]Reena[/name_f]’s “invisible friend” and helps her and her family put their lives back together after the death of her father.([name_f]Reena[/name_f] also has three younger siblings: [name_u]Dorian[/name_u], [name_u]Jude[/name_u], and Ellowyn. Her parents’ names are [name_f]Dalia[/name_f] and [name_u]Tarian[/name_u].)
I have many other characters; their names are just works-in-progress :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

oh boy, i just realized this started in 2017.
so, my book takes place in [name_u]Maine[/name_u] with Faela and [name_f]Aderyn[/name_f] ([name_f]Aderyn[/name_f] is a boy, for some reason) Euraidd when Faela goes missing for 4 years,
the second part takes place in [name_u]Colorado[/name_u] with [name_f]Exie[/name_f] and Mallard, when [name_f]Exie[/name_f] goes missing to, just to find out that Faela is in a world full of evil faeries with a boy named [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] and a faerie named Caerellia
yeah, it’s a mess.
and in my other works in progresses i have:
[name_f]Eirlys[/name_f]
[name_m]Anthem[/name_m]
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f]
[name_m]Frey[/name_m]
(i’m juggling a ton of things right now.)

4 Likes

I’m writing a novel about a florist witch falling in love with a waitress witch. With lots of family drama happening as well.

Florist Witch: [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] Delacroix
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]’s sister: [name_f]Clover[/name_f] Delacroix
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]’s brother: [name_m]Bramble[/name_m] Delacroix (goes by [name_m]Bram[/name_m])

• Bram’s wife: [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_m]Irving[/name_m]
  • Bram’s daughter: [name_u]Wren[/name_u] Delacroix

Waitress Witch: [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] Hastings

Other Characters:
[name_u]Danny[/name_u] [name_m]Hernandez[/name_m]
[name_f]Erin[/name_f] [name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_f]Juno[/name_f] Scrooge
[name_m]Kevin[/name_m]

5 Likes

I’m writing a YA political thriller, and my main character’s names are:
[name_u]Connelly[/name_u] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] [name_u]Ridley[/name_u] (POV character)
[name_m]Damien[/name_m] Rojas Atkinson
[name_m]Bradford[/name_m] [name_u]Vaughn[/name_u] [name_m]Orson[/name_m]
AND I guess these are more like, Really Important Secondary Characters, BUT:
[name_u]Wren[/name_u] Abernathy
[name_f]Vera[/name_f] Zhang
[name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_m]Alec[/name_m] [name_u]Grayson[/name_u] [name_m]Winthrop[/name_m]*
Dr. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] Reddington*
[name_m]Warner[/name_m] [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] [name_m]Winthrop[/name_m]*

*= Adults

4 Likes

Right now my MCs are [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] & [name_f]Isobel[/name_f], and the really important side characters are [name_u]Bryn[/name_u], [name_u]Emery[/name_u], [name_f]Arella[/name_f], [name_f]Sonoma[/name_f], [name_u]Meridian[/name_u], [name_f]Maci[/name_f], [name_f]Gabbe[/name_f], [name_f]Kamala[/name_f] (named long before the election & I’m considering trying to find a different name lol), [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], and [name_f]Caoimhe[/name_f].

And in a short story that I wrote recently my characters’ names are [name_f]Beth[/name_f], [name_f]Emily[/name_f] nn [name_f]Em[/name_f], [name_f]Florence[/name_f], [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], and [name_u]Kade[/name_u] (m).

4 Likes

Mia and [name_u]Carmen[/name_u], haven’t decided last name, sisters in a ghost story
[name_u]London[/name_u] O’[name_u]Connor[/name_u] and [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f] [name_m]Evans[/name_m], the main character and the murder suspect in a mystery
And I’m dying to name some twins [name_f]Leah[/name_f] and [name_u]Skylar[/name_u]. I love first names for girls, but last names and boy names are difficult, so I’m stuck with a character named [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Smith[/name_m].

1 Like

Man, i have plenty.
Book 1:
Romantic pair: [name_f]Marine[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] Wordsworth and [name_m]Hurley[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]. They have scottish ancestry and two kids named [name_u]Wynn[/name_u] [name_f]Emma[/name_f]-[name_f]Therese[/name_f] Wordsworth and [name_u]Sion[/name_u] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] Wordsworth.
[name_f]Marine[/name_f]’s younger brother has a family of its own, he’s name is [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Albert[/name_m] Wordsworth.
He married [name_f]Alberta[/name_f] “[name_m]Albie[/name_m]” [name_f]Aretha[/name_f] Tomms and they have 4 children: [name_m]Alexandre[/name_m] “[name_u]Alex[/name_u]” [name_m]Albert[/name_m], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_u]Lucca[/name_u], [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m] and [name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] Wordsworth.

Crazy,but it happens. Also, I’m this book I have the three siblings: [name_f]Minerve[/name_f],[name_f]Marine[/name_f] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m].

2 Likes

I just made some new characters!!!
We have [name_m]Zachariah[/name_m] Blaylock, his mom [name_f]Audrina[/name_f] Blaylock!
Then, I have [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_m]Kendrick[/name_m] and [name_u]Glen[/name_u] Wilcox! (I saw [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_u]Glenn[/name_u]’s name, and I was like–character named [name_u]Glen[/name_u]! Let’s do it!) (Sad, but this is how my brain works…)
If we went in the list of all my characters, though?? Let’s not.

1 Like

Well, now I’m curious :laughing: How many characters do you have? Are they all from the same story?

1 Like

Oh! Haha. Well, those characters are all from the same story. HOWEVER, I wrote one a few months back. It took place at a boarding school, and stupid me thought it’d be a great idea to name everyone in the sophomore class. I forgot about 70% of the characters, too. I have vowed never to do that again.

1 Like

I’m trying to start writing something that isn’t [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] fanfiction (it’s something I find quite easy), and here are the main characters so far:

The [name_u]Blake[/name_u] family:
[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Blake[/name_u] (fourteen years old)
[name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Blake[/name_u] (fourteen)
[name_f]Emerie[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_u]Blake[/name_u] (thirteen. Has been missing for ten years at the start of the story)
[name_f]Melody[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_u]Blake[/name_u] (ten years - often prefers to go by [name_f]Vicky[/name_f] or [name_f]Tori[/name_f])
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Blake[/name_u] (father, forty-two)
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] [name_u]Blake[/name_u] (mother, thirty-seven)

Emerie also turns up as the creatively-renamed [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Sofia[/name_f]’s American online friend (this is basically the plot of the story - the twins have a theory that [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] is [name_f]Emerie[/name_f], and everything kicks off from that).

The rest of the [name_f]Rose[/name_f] family is as follows:
[name_u]Skylar[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (eleven)
[name_u]Dylan[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (seven)
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (mother, thirty-four)
[name_m]William[/name_m] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (father, thirty-six)

As of now, the only character I have named who isn’t from either of those families is [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_u]Elliott[/name_u], who’s [name_f]Ava[/name_f] and [name_f]Sofia[/name_f]’s classmate and their best friend.

2 Likes

Rose is such a cool last name!

1 Like

I have multiple stories going right now, so here’s two of them.

1st [name_u]Story[/name_u]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] ([name_u]June[/name_u]) [name_f]Karina[/name_f] [name_m]Keys[/name_m] 12, long black hair in two braids, green eyes, light skin
Siblings: [name_f]Dixie[/name_f] 10, [name_f]Nola[/name_f] 7, [name_f]Constance[/name_f] ([name_f]Cece[/name_f]) 5, and [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] ([name_f]Lorie[/name_f]) 2
Friends: [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_m]Young[/name_m], Ellori ([name_f]Ellie[/name_f]) [name_u]Miller[/name_u], [name_f]Hope[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m], and Lillibet ([name_f]Lilly[/name_f]) [name_m]Brown[/name_m]

2nd [name_u]Story[/name_u]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Amethyst[/name_f] [name_u]Carter[/name_u] 9, [name_m]Brown[/name_m] hair in a crown braid, green eyes, light skin
Family: [name_f]Martha[/name_f] 20, [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] 18, [name_m]Otto[/name_m] 16, [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] 13, [name_m]Martin[/name_m] 9, and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] 9
Friends: [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] ([name_f]Luci[/name_f]) 9, [name_f]Angelique[/name_f] 9, [name_u]Willow[/name_u] 9, [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] 9, [name_f]Myla[/name_f] 10, [name_f]Acacia[/name_f] 10

1 Like

All of these names are so pretty!

in a short novel i’m writing for my english class the characters are [name_f]Mara[/name_f], [name_f]Giovanna[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_u]Allison[/name_u] and [name_f]Kate[/name_f]

1 Like

I love your story idea! I’d want to read more of those types of stories. Also, great summary, sounds very professional:)

The protagonists in my story are:
Twin sisters [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] and [name_f]Laila[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] (Lailey)