What are your main characters called, in any novel or other story you are writing?

[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_u]Baldwin[/name_u] and [name_f]Aaliyah[/name_f] Waters. It’s a lesbian romance set in the u.s

For the [name_m]Lord[/name_m] of the Rings fanfiction I will never write:
[name_f]Arianwyn[/name_f]- the adopted daughter of Gimli and Legolas. Her name is Welsh and meant to use the [name_u]Rohan[/name_u] naming style (like [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f] and Theodwyn) as her mother is from [name_u]Rohan[/name_u].

Calenhyr- the adopted son of Gimli and Legolas. He was created by a wizard trying to recreate the Uruk Hai but ended up with a sort of elf-orc hybrid baby. His name is an attempt at combining Dwarvish and [name_f]Elf[/name_f] names since he was named by his fathers. [name_u]Calen[/name_u] means “green” in [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m] elvish and hyr which is based on the Norse word for fire which Dwarvish was based on. So his name is “green flame”.

3 Likes

[name_f]Zerynthia[/name_f], Alkaios and (technically) [name_f]Kassiani[/name_f] [name_f]Steren[/name_f] alongside [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] ‘Cora’ Giverny (so far, anyway)

2 Likes

[name_f]Makenna[/name_f], [name_f]Willa[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] ‘Rori/Rory’

1 Like

[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] “Addie” [name_u]Windsor[/name_u], [name_u]Leo[/name_u] Dobson, and [name_u]Paris[/name_u] [name_f]Monet[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Aurelie[/name_f] [name_m]Johannes[/name_m]

[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_m]Anselm[/name_m], her sister’s name is [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_m]Anselm[/name_m], her brother’s name is [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] [name_m]Anselm[/name_m]. Her parents are [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] [name_m]Anselm[/name_m] & [name_f]Eira[/name_f] [name_m]Anselm[/name_m]. Best friend: [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_m]Dewitt[/name_m]

2 Likes

(Note: This is an edit of my original post. My story has gone through a LOT of changes) Alrighty, there are a lot of characters throughout three different phases, but I’ll try to keep them in order.

We’ve first got the lovers Aislinn and Shayan of Xaata, the former a Seer, the latter a Spirit Summoner. Then we have Cassian Aithen, a soldier who goes rogue to save Tala of Tucayan, a young woman with a mysterious connection to nature. At a distance we have Cassian’s future wife Princess Tiffania Tarkien Caerthon, the daughter of the villainous Queen Ipacsia, and Tiff’s cousin, the witch Silver Tarkien. They all encounter the entity known as the Spirit of Life, or Alastor in his human form. He and Tala conceive a daughter, Rianon, the main character of the next phase.

Ria is the first Earthborn Sith (the Fae, basically) in centuries, and is destined to be a Queen. A part of that destiny is four Sith guards, the Adar Rianon. There’s Aidan Drayce, her fire-wielding best friend and soulmate (not love interest), who ends up with Silver. Then there’s Nina Vega, a trans assassin known as La Llorona, whose scream is just as deadly as her knives, Thessa Rophone, a former slave who can control organic material, and Carlow Arledge, a noble heir who controls the weather. He ends up with Ria, Nina ends up with the shapeshifting spy Arlan Blythe. Finally, there’s Scathach of Skye Dunn, the daughter of the new villain, the Celtic and secretly Sith King Argreime.

The third phase focuses on three characters; Lady Celia Carwen, the god-made adopted daughter of Silver and Aidan, Thessa Rophone, who’s seeking her own path after her soulmate died, and Scathach or “Fox,” who became a young queen after the death of her father. Then there’s each of their love interests; Faylad Dhules, a Sith cursed to take the form of a wolf, Selha, the goddess of the moon trapped in a mortal body, and Gwyn ap Nudd, the Sith leader of the Wild Hunt. These three pairs work to protect their home against a threat from another world, an army of Sith hoping to destroy the gods and take the Mortal Realm for themselves.

What’s worse is that are more, I just don’t have the energy to write anymore.

2 Likes

Sounds like and amazing story!!! I would love to read that!

Thank you, hopefully my [name_u]New[/name_u] Year’s Resolution will actually hold true and there will be something for everyone to read.

2 Likes

That sounds incredible!! Sounds like you’ve put a lot of time and effort into this. Good luck!!

2 Likes

[name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_m]Gregory[/name_m] [name_m]Rudd[/name_m], [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] Fairhalle, [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_u]Carter[/name_u] and [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] are my four main characters.
Theo’s younger sister is named [name_f]Hallie[/name_f] and his younger brother is called [name_m]Luke[/name_m].
Addie’s older sister is [name_f]Chloe[/name_f].
[name_u]Jamie[/name_u] had a sister named [name_f]Mara[/name_f], who disappeared.

The family that helps [name_u]Theo[/name_u], [name_f]Addie[/name_f], and [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] are the Dawson’s. The mother is [name_f]Judith[/name_f], the father is [name_u]George[/name_u], the eldest daughter (6) is named [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], the next is [name_m]Felix[/name_m] (3), and the baby is [name_f]Ada[/name_f].

Some others include [name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_u]Lexi[/name_u], and [name_m]Jeremy[/name_m], who all work with [name_u]Theo[/name_u], [name_f]Addie[/name_f] and [name_u]Jamie[/name_u]

1 Like

some new charries <3

elske ziegler
mao lijuan
roman sokolov (half-brother to elske)
calla zografos
florencio reyes “fen”

elske, lijuan, roman, calla, and fen

3 Likes

YA Contemporary [name_f]Fantasy[/name_f] (aka my current project)

• [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] (Jessica is her alias)
  • [name_u]Ember[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Raelynn[/name_f]
  • [name_u]Eden[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Logan[/name_u]

Other Main Characters who have yet to have a story

• [name_f]Akua[/name_f]
  • [name_m]Yusuf[/name_m]
1 Like

I’m writing a YA romance rn
Main characters:
. [name_f]Thalia[/name_f]
. [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
Side characters:
. [name_f]Nina[/name_f]
. [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
. [name_u]Alex[/name_u]
. [name_f]Hallie[/name_f]
. [name_f]Leila[/name_f]

update! because some names just didn’t stick (and um because part of it accidentially turned into a romeo + juliet retelling :sob:)

mao lijuan → bellona mao “noa” / mao nuan
roman sokolov → artyom chekanovtyoma

and a new mc, romulus mao / mao rong

2 Likes

those are fabulous names!!

I’m writing a coming of age teen tv screenplay and my character names (and descriptions) are as follows:

[name_m]Bruno[/name_m] Adelman: “the genius, but a know-it-all. the perfect, but the misunderstood, the classic ‘loudest voice in every room but who carries a lot of baggage’ trope”
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] Espinoza: “the slightly manic femme fatale who, despite catching the eyes of many, is wholly devoted to [name_m]Bruno[/name_m]— and everyone knows it.”
[name_u]Joey[/name_u] [name_m]Martin[/name_m]: “the quirky cross country runner, definitely-gay-but-oblivious viola player, and middle-school best friend of [name_f]Laura[/name_f], who has sidelined her in favor of Maude.”
[name_u]Kyle[/name_u] Hamburg: "he loved [name_f]Laura[/name_f] once, in the way everyone does, but now he serves as magnanimous host and main link between the guys and girls. Also, his friendship with [name_f]Maude[/name_f] is one of the strongest platonic male-female friendships on the show. "
[name_f]Maude[/name_f] Gagnon: “Laura’s best friend, sarcastic and fun, but gives far more than she gets from every relationship and struggles to find the place where she belongs.”
[name_u]Liam[/name_u] Kempler: “the football fan, blunt bordering on ornery, and an incredible cook who is somehow endlessly generous with his cocktail prowess but passes out at every party by nine.”
[name_u]Liam[/name_u] Hak: "comic relief with a fascinating personality—he’s the gay best friend but straight, makes unbelievable decisions and only stays around for a good time. "
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_u]Adler[/name_u] certainly doesn’t belong with any of them, but she challenges [name_m]Bruno[/name_m] with her ambitious, earnest nature, and she grows to be part of their lives through her friendships with [name_u]Joey[/name_u] and [name_f]Laura[/name_f].

what do you guys think?

6 Likes

Ellio “Elli” [name_f]Audra[/name_f] [name_m]Sulien[/name_m]: a daughter of the most famous [name_u]Sun[/name_u] [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] descendant, who is too rebellious and willful to fit in with her family.
[name_u]Nyx[/name_u] [name_m]Otieno[/name_m] [name_m]Duald[/name_m]: the quiet misfit of a normal family descended from the [name_f]Moon[/name_f] [name_f]Goddess[/name_f], and likes his books more than people.

NOTE: both characters have ADHD and tend to be inconsistent. The story follows them falling in love as their tribes agree to get along to fight [name_m]Orpheus[/name_m], who is destroying their land after his husband died.

So I just drew up a list of the enemies of my main characters, and italicised names are up for debate while anything bold is set in stone.

Also, the last one is a mess because the first name listed for him is an alias:

[name_u]Adrian[/name_u] Kettell

[name_m]Christopher[/name_m] ‘Kit’ Ainsworth

[name_f]Jessamine[/name_f] ‘Jess’ Glass

[name_f]Valerie[/name_f] Draegan

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] Vossler -Ashton

[name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Damon[/name_m]/[name_u]Ellery[/name_u] Auryn\Mariott\Sparks

I’m going to get to picking a surname from that list (or not, and just a different surname entirely) when he shows up, but there we are!

In a different project entirely, a comprehensive list of character names (this time mains are denoted by bold, more side-characters are italics and ‘is this guy really that important’ are just left as is).

In no real order:

A Game of Names and Numbers

[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] ‘Alex’ [name_u]Everett[/name_u] (b)

[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] ‘Rory’ [name_u]Alden[/name_u] (b)

[name_u]Finch[/name_u] Kesell (b)

[name_f]Amber[/name_f] and [name_u]Greyson[/name_u] Kesell (not related to Finch)

[name_f]Zara[/name_f] Kesell

[name_f]Joanne[/name_f], [name_f]Laura[/name_f] and [name_u]Daniel[/name_u] Kesell (adoptive parents of [name_u]Finch[/name_u], [name_f]Zara[/name_f], [name_f]Amber[/name_f] and Grey)

[name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_u]Davis[/name_u]

[name_u]Aria[/name_u] [name_f]Morven[/name_f]

[name_u]Sammie[/name_u] Coasens

[name_u]Willow[/name_u] Villasenor

[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_u]Avery[/name_u] Langstaff (b/g)

[name_f]Lisette[/name_f] Attray

[name_u]Casey[/name_u] Tallady

And there’s also 2011, a time-traveller who currently can’t remember whether he ever had a name or not. Currently unsure whether I’m gonna go futuristic or historical for his name, but there’s that.

There’s also some names I listed as people [name_f]Emma[/name_f] had never spoke to, so here’s that list (bold are names you may recognise, italics are ‘you literally never see this kid’):

[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_u]Alden[/name_u]
[name_f]Deryn[/name_f] Cattell
The Langstaff twins
[name_u]Harley[/name_u] Nevitt
[name_f]Rosaria[/name_f] Miniati
[name_u]Finch[/name_u] Kesell

Funnily enough, [name_f]Emma[/name_f] does end up speaking to everyone in bold over the course of the project… so there’s that.

Fun fact, the person in the first list with the longest list of enemies is [name_u]Adrian[/name_u], at five, but [name_u]Kit[/name_u] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] have a close second with four each, followed by [name_u]Jess[/name_u] at three and [name_f]Valerie[/name_f] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] with two each.