What are your main characters called, in any novel or other story you are writing?

In one story I have an angel and a demon who mainly go by [name_u]Elias[/name_u] and [name_m]Simeon[/name_m], although those are neither their angelic nor their original names. I’m playing with a story concept whose main characters are a selkie named [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] and her human lover named [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]. Another story concept features a bunch of model animals: [name_u]Earl[/name_u] White, or Blanc, and his best friend Teto the cat. (Arguably the princess character counts as an MC, but she doesn’t really have a name yet.)

1 Like

Currently sci-fi/dystopian. It’s not super developed yet, but I love the names!! Here’s the main group of rebels and their names
-Galaxy (goes by Lexi): protagonist, female
-Arrow (alternately- Aarow): Leader, male
-Zina (bubbly personality, but a dangerous bad side) female
-Zander (lighthearted, clown of the group) male
-Seven (gender undecided. Small, disheveled, underestimated, but brilliant). Any thoughts on if [name_u]Seven[/name_u] should be a girl or a boy?

2 Likes

Could be non-binary? Or I’d make it a boy!

That’s a good idea! I did consider non binary or just never specified, but I’m not sure what the dynamics of the world will be, or how much I’ll develop this character yet. I think that’s a good thing to keep in mind as the character develops, it might lead to cool characterisation! Thanks for your feedback!

1 Like

My 5 main characters (full names) are:

Jasmir ‘Jas’ Ryu Taneja (an indian prince with white hair. He is soft and clumsy)

Tristan Taliesin (a stubborn brunette mage that is Jasmirs personal guard)

Winslan ‘Win’ Nalsniw (a ginger elf that is really sad but less so with his bf Winslan)

Jesper ‘Jes/Jesi’ (a winged being that falls for Winslan just as hard as Icarus fell to the sun)

Ariadne ‘Ari’ Violetine (a witty assasin that kills for her spot at court)

It is a fantasy book that is set in a far off world where Prince Jasmir runs from the palace and his guard, Tristan follows. Simultaneously, Winslan and Jesper fight for their love on the sea.

3 Likes

Ack there are so many names
[name_f]Tasha[/name_f] Eldera [name_u]Cross[/name_u]
Emyrs Alpin
[name_m]Dante[/name_m] [name_u]Steele[/name_u]
[name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] Castillo
[name_f]Cinnamon[/name_f] Estrada
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] (Oren) Estrada,
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_m]Hart[/name_m],
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] (Abbott) Rivera
[name_m]Zane[/name_m] [name_m]Parsons[/name_m]
[name_f]Iona[/name_f] Shawson

1 Like

I’m always writing about myself, and it’s a good way to avoid having problems with names…

2 Likes

I’m writing about a million things right now :sob:
A novel about a family: [name_f]Daffodil[/name_f] “Dilly”, [name_f]Lilac[/name_f], [name_m]Nathan[/name_m] “Nate”, [name_f]Willa[/name_f], & twins [name_f]Milly[/name_f] & [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
The sequel centering a related family: [name_f]Clara[/name_f] “Clary”, [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] (no nn), twins [name_f]Lucette[/name_f] “Lu/Lucy/Lulu” and [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] “Annie”, & [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] “Benny”

Realistic fiction starring [name_f]Leora[/name_f] “Leah”, [name_f]Eveline[/name_f] “Evvy”, (prn. Ev-uh-line like the word line, not leen or lin) and [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] “Sam”, along with Marr and [name_f]Silvia[/name_f] “Vee”

[name_f]Fantasy[/name_f] starring [name_f]Mira[/name_f], [name_m]Caelan[/name_m] “Cae”, and [name_f]Avani[/name_f] with an undetermined nickname… ideas??

[name_f]Fantasy[/name_f] starring [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] “Iggy”, [name_u]Zola[/name_u] “Zo”, [name_f]Ashleigh[/name_f] “Ash”, Larco “Lars”, and [name_f]Lin[/name_f]

Short story starring [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] and [name_m]Cayde[/name_m]

and more! :smiley:

4 Likes

audrey estelle, elsie li na, and hazel rowan

3 Likes

[name_u]Story[/name_u] with no title yet: [name_f]Eternity[/name_f] and [name_m]Diego[/name_m] “Digo”

2 Likes

[name_u]New[/name_u] anthology of essays for my creative writing class:

Irish coming of age romance [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] in Kilkenny: [name_u]Shane[/name_u] [name_m]Walsh[/name_m] and [name_f]Eileen[/name_f] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] (this was fun, since I drew entirely from my own family)

[name_u]Love[/name_u] story epic w/ a downfall Endless Hours: [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_f]Lizzie[/name_f] Adaway (they’re very granola-y and bad at communicating)

Tragic confessional essay Tragedy at [name_u]Sea[/name_u]: [name_f]Pauline[/name_f] [name_u]Easton[/name_u] and her son [name_u]Harper[/name_u] (it’s very sad, I don’t want to go into it)

Also tragic friendship/sister story [name_u]Red[/name_u] Dust Soil: Sisters [name_f]Bianca[/name_f] and [name_f]Maddalena[/name_f] “Maddie” Veratina; Bianca’s children: [name_f]Maddalena[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u], [name_f]Allegra[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] (Sisters separated when young; younger dies and leaves three kids to older)

Lonely little morally gray story Fifty Ways: [name_u]David[/name_u] & [name_f]Marisa[/name_f] Auchen, his mistress [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] (it’s almost exactly what you think, with a little more humanity)

and one more that i haven’t named characters for yet!

7 Likes

[name_f]Cora[/name_f]!

Sisters aged 14-5. Move into a new house and maybe encounter a ghost.

[name_f]Rashida[/name_f] nn Shida, the sometimes-bossy voice of reason.

[name_f]Nala[/name_f], the grumpy, very logical bookworm.

Faezah nn [name_f]Fae[/name_f] the nature-loving dreamer and (bad) poet.

[name_f]Aziza[/name_f], the silly life of the party.

[name_f]Honey[/name_f] (probably needs a real name) the independent baby who loves mischief.

5 Likes

I’m writing a story that’s about a single father with a toddler that falls in love with his daughter’s dance teacher, it’s about chosen family. Their names are [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] (dance teacher), [name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] (the single father), and [name_f]Molly[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] (daughter).

4 Likes

That sounds so sweet!

1 Like

thank you!

1 Like

Most my characters still need last names but this is what I have so far:

[name_u]London[/name_u] in the [name_u]Future[/name_u]: [name_f]Isabell[/name_f]
San [name_m]Francisco[/name_m] around 2010: [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] Quincy/ [name_u]William[/name_u] [name_m]Albin[/name_m]
[name_u]New[/name_u] Zealand/Australia today: [name_f]Molly[/name_f]

Completely different universe: Mohini

3 Likes

My main project right now is a play I cowrote with a friend a couple years ago. We decided to revisit it and improve it now that we’ve finished school and have developed our writing a lot since we first started, so we’re rewriting it. Characters have remained the same though, and here they are:

Imogen, known as Midge to her friends, a handmaiden
Sadie, her full name might be Sandra but it isn’t particularly relevant, a farmer’s daughter
Christopher, only referred to as such by the bad guys, otherwise he’s exclusively called Kit, a squire
Nick, short for Pumpernickel but it’s a secret, a baker
Jester, a jester
Helene, a princess
Oswald, a royal advisor
Rye, Nick’s little sister
Aurelius & Theophilus, super mysterious magical sorcerer innkeepers
Pestilencia, the big bad “witch” (actually named Lucia)
Parasilia, a witch
Illiana, a witch
Fluffy, Illiana’s familiar

8 Likes

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] Heavens

1 Like

Umm watch me change all my character names because I’m indecisive like that
Main characters
. [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_u]Cobalt[/name_u]
. [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] Elsher
side characters
. [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] Watanabe