What are your main characters called, in any novel or other story you are writing?

Finally published my collection of stories, and as always, names evolved.

These people became Caius and Elizabeth Clemonte, and his mistress July.

These two are now Laura and Pascal Moulin!

5 Likes

[name_u]Jack[/name_u] & [name_f]Carrie[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] Protagonist is a 14 year old Manchester native named [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Rue[/name_u] Twist. You also get some storyline from her cousin [name_u]Harry[/name_u] Twist and his husband [name_u]Lou[/name_u] as welll as her parents (yet to be named), Aunt called [name_u]Anne[/name_u] (She’s Harry’s Mother) and Anne’s daughter [name_f]Gem[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] protagonist is [name_f]Lucie[/name_f].
Her friends include [name_f]Maggy[/name_f] and Carris.
The antagonists are [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and [name_f]Mavis[/name_f], a princess and queen respectively.

1 Like

Currently my ‘make scenes up as I walk to and from school’ project has three characters who have names, and one of those names keeps changing. Nothing’s written down yet, but:

[name_u]Austen[/name_u] [name_u]Gray[/name_u] (chosen name — never did end up being given a name because his parents are pretty awful people.)
[name_u]Sam[/name_u] Brakell (this is the one that keeps changing. Started off as [name_u]Hunter[/name_u] on [name_m]Friday[/name_m], and probably won’t stay as [name_u]Sam[/name_u] forever either.)
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] ‘Eli’ [name_m]Jenson[/name_m] (originally named, as in what-he-was-named-at-birth [name_u]Harper[/name_u], because I wanted to tie him in with [name_u]Austen[/name_u] in terms of the literary stuff — for reasons. Still retains the middle name ‘Rose’, mostly because he doesn’t get the point of changing it when nobody knows what it is outside of his family anyway.)

4 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] book is coming out [name_u]October[/name_u] 4th.

The female MC is [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] [name_m]Hampton[/name_m] and the male MC is [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Shaw[/name_u]!

3 Likes

I have a book character question, but maybe this isn’t the best place. I have a book that I’m expecting to write in several years, so I want to kind of predict the future. I need a name that’s unassuming at first and would fit “guy next door” but also wouldn’t look out of place on a hero. I’m thinking [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] from mission impossible type thing. Originally I had “Eric,” but I realized most of the Eric’s I know are probably my parents generation, so in the future it would seem kind of older. Would [name_m]Evander[/name_m] fit the bill now, or is it still too edgy? I don’t know if that makes sense lol. I’m thinking E names by the way!

2 Likes

I’m finally getting around to writing my mystery series so yay!

The main character’s name is [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Lacey[/name_f] [name_m]Morris[/name_m] but she goes by [name_f]Carly[/name_f]. Her little sister’s name is [name_u]Skye[/name_u] [name_u]Louise[/name_u] [name_m]Morris[/name_m] and Carly’s love interest is [name_u]Jackson[/name_u] [name_m]Foster[/name_m].

The victim in the first book is [name_f]Meg[/name_f] [name_m]Greene[/name_m] (short for Nutmeg)

3 Likes

[name_m]Alistair[/name_m] ‘Alec’ [name_u]Hendrix[/name_u]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] ‘Cora’ [name_u]Hendrix[/name_u]
[name_u]Loren[/name_u] [name_u]Frost[/name_u]
[name_u]Rue[/name_u] Arison
[name_u]Mallory[/name_u] ‘Mal’ [name_m]Percival[/name_m]

A Firsthand Account of the Resistance against Zaiada Oneling and [name_f]My[/name_f] Part In It
[name_f]Rina[/name_f] Miyali [name_u]Jade[/name_u]
[name_f]Ismay[/name_f] Ennali [name_u]Jade[/name_u]
Sylfa Reyanli [name_f]Lapis[/name_f]
Anro Tazali [name_f]Topaz[/name_f]
[name_u]Arra[/name_u] Dorarli Sunstone
[name_f]Elda[/name_f] Arieli [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
(Characters in this story are named in a very specific way-- Trochaic given name, name of a parent [which one depends on birth order] with the suffix -li, birth year [years are named after gemstones and the Cycle resets every six years]. Zaiada Oneling’s real name is [name_f]Ada[/name_f] Tashali Lapis)

Please Excuse [name_u]Ash[/name_u] and [name_u]Briar[/name_u]. They Have To Save The World.
[name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]William[/name_u] [name_m]Wood[/name_m] “Ash”
[name_u]Briar[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_m]Wood[/name_m]
[name_u]Taika[/name_u] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] Amberflaw
[name_f]Melantha[/name_f] [name_f]Edana[/name_f] Amberflaw (villain)
Also, [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] Whistlecheer gets an honorable mention, due to being so far from cheery that she would never be caught dead whistling xD

[name_f]Iisha[/name_f] and the [name_f]Secret[/name_f] of Zylraie
Staeriisha Azehlei Szeyia “Iisha”
Tellav Zellaho Thloa
Anaema Talleiroei
Taechkeeap
(All of these were written in my notebook from when I was a small child, so… make of that what you will)

Another story has a main character named Silvestara Gloryhammer “Silvy” and her friend/teacher/mentor/time-travel-accomplice is technically named [name_m]Tolkien[/name_m] but is referred to exclusively as [name_f]Hat[/name_f] by [name_f]Silvy[/name_f], because reasons.

3 Likes

Title: I have no idea.
[name_f]Sienna[/name_f] “Senna”
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] “Andy”
Ripe (girl)
[name_u]Ace[/name_u]

2 Likes

I just invented some siblings named [name_m]Alik[/name_m], [name_f]Ines[/name_f], and Alme-- I rather like them

2 Likes

I have a plan for a book series (that might gain even more books eventually) so I’ve named all the important characters for the four books I have thought out now.

The Conways
[name_m]Crown[/name_m] [name_u]Prince[/name_u] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Conway[/name_m] and his wife [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] [name_m]Conway[/name_m]. They’re twins [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] & [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] come along later on. Then there’s Nathaniel’s parents [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] and [name_f]Mildred[/name_f].

Tentatively titled [name_u]Dream[/name_u] Team
[name_u]Four[/name_u] main characters are [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_u]Sorrel[/name_u], [name_u]Prince[/name_u] [name_m]Corentin[/name_m] [name_u]Carmody[/name_u], [name_u]Harbor[/name_u] Compton, and [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Wilson[/name_u]

Untitled Book
Main characters are [name_m]Crown[/name_m] [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_u]Mirage[/name_u], her little sister [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] [name_u]Mirage[/name_u], and Leonora’s love interest/bodyguard [name_u]William[/name_u] [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] Carr

Untitled Book about an arranged marriage
Main characters are [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] [name_u]Sorrel[/name_u] and [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Emeraude[/name_f] [name_u]Sorrel[/name_u]. The now older main characters from [name_u]Dream[/name_u] Team make appearances quite frequently as well

3 Likes

My character `s name is John Tea, which is very similar to John Coffey in “The Green Mile” written by Stephen King. The only difference is that my character’s last name is like tea instead of coffee haha.

4 Likes

It’s about a royal family that’s slowly being killed off by an assassin. The main characters are trying to hide something that the assassin is hunting for.
Main characters are named [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] (G), [name_m]Justus[/name_m], [name_u]Amari[/name_u] (B), [name_u]Cree[/name_u], [name_m]Abner[/name_m], [name_u]Marie[/name_u], & [name_m]Mylan[/name_m].
Xx

3 Likes

I love the name [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_u]Adler[/name_u]! [name_m]Just[/name_m] rolls off the tongue, definitely very memorable.
Are you going to publish the script or are you writing for yourself?
I think it would be a refreshing Netflix show, but both are great:)))

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] current one (that i’;m hyperfocused on- tryna not start a new one lol):

[name_f]Veronika[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_m]Smith[/name_m].

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] Medusa-Nessie (idk last name - forgot about that lmao)

Idk + idk lol

3 Likes

Changed my character Laura’s last name from [name_m]Lockwood[/name_m] to [name_m]Myers[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] sister and I thought it would suit her better.

[name_f]My[/name_f] sister and I have an OC family for a story we’re working on for a fanfic we’re working on for American Dragon: [name_m]Jake[/name_m] [name_m]Long[/name_m], a show we like. The mother comes from an Irish-American wizarding family, while the father’s a Muggle who’s a K-9 officer. He knows all about his wife’s wizarding heritage and thinks it’s awesome. Well, here they are!

The [name_u]Connelly[/name_u] Family (including pets):

• [name_m]Brian[/name_m] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] “B.J.” [name_u]Connelly[/name_u] (dad, 41)
  • [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Aileen[/name_f] [name_u]Connelly[/name_u] (née McGowan) (mom, 41)
  • [name_u]Sean[/name_u] [name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_u]Connelly[/name_u] (son, 17)
  • [name_f]Ashlyn[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] “Ash” [name_u]Connelly[/name_u] (oldest daughter, 13)
  • [name_f]Brona[/name_f] [name_f]Patricia[/name_f] [name_u]Connelly[/name_u] (youngest daughter, 10)
  • [name_f]Boudicca[/name_f] (dog, mixed breed)
  • Corporal Cupcake (dog, [name_m]German[/name_m] Shepherd; also B.J.'s K-9 partner) (Corporal Cupcake is the dog’s full name, which B.J. got from MASH; he’s either called Cupcake or C.C. as a nickname)
  • [name_m]Othello[/name_m] (cat, breed unknown)
  • [name_f]Enya[/name_f] (guinea pig)
  • [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] [name_u]Carroll[/name_u] “Paddy” [name_u]Connelly[/name_u] (paternal grandpa, 73)
  • [name_f]Muriel[/name_f] [name_u]Jessie[/name_u] [name_u]Connelly[/name_u] (née Finnegan) (paternal grandmother, 70)
  • [name_m]Fergus[/name_m] [name_m]Roland[/name_m] McGowan (maternal grandfather, 86)
  • [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] McGowan (née Tierney) (maternal grandmother, 84)
3 Likes

The first number in the brackets is the character’s human age, and the second is their actual (immortal) age

[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] “Eli” Virdon (aged 16/103) (main character)
[name_f]Loretta[/name_f] “Etta” Virdon (16/108)
[name_f]Zelie[/name_f] Virdon (20/130)
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f] “Story” Virdon (13/49)
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] “Jaz” Virdon (17/106)
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] “Nico” Virdon (19/134)

[name_u]Briar[/name_u] [name_m]Prynce[/name_m] (16/116)
[name_u]Cedar[/name_u] [name_m]Prynce[/name_m] (16/116)

They had to pick new names (long story, just thought I’d let you know before anyone judged the ages against the names

6 Likes

Thanks! It’s just a small project for right now, we’ll see how it goes!

@NaomiNY I love Fiona Aileen; so cool!

@Chay I love your nickname combinations!

3 Likes