What are your main characters called, in any novel or other story you are writing?

Umm watch me change all my character names because I’m indecisive like that
Main characters
. [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_u]Cobalt[/name_u]
. [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] Elsher
side characters
. [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] Watanabe
. [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Di[/name_f] Laurentis
. [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] Wollard
. [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] McNeil
. [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] Gragm

2 Likes

Finally published my collection of stories, and as always, names evolved.

These people became [name_m]Caius[/name_m] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] Clemonte, and his mistress [name_u]July[/name_u].

These two are now [name_f]Laura[/name_f] and [name_m]Pascal[/name_m] Moulin!

3 Likes

[name_u]Jack[/name_u] & [name_f]Carrie[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] Protagonist is a 14 year old Manchester native named [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Rue[/name_u] Twist. You also get some storyline from her cousin [name_u]Harry[/name_u] Twist and his husband [name_u]Lou[/name_u] as welll as her parents (yet to be named), Aunt called [name_u]Anne[/name_u] (She’s Harry’s Mother) and Anne’s daughter [name_f]Gem[/name_f].

[name_f]My[/name_f] protagonist is [name_f]Lucie[/name_f].
Her friends include [name_f]Maggy[/name_f] and Carris.
The antagonists are [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and [name_f]Mavis[/name_f], a princess and queen respectively.

Currently my ‘make scenes up as I walk to and from school’ project has three characters who have names, and one of those names keeps changing. Nothing’s written down yet, but:

[name_u]Austen[/name_u] [name_u]Gray[/name_u] (chosen name — never did end up being given a name because his parents are pretty awful people.)
[name_u]Sam[/name_u] Brakell (this is the one that keeps changing. Started off as [name_u]Hunter[/name_u] on [name_m]Friday[/name_m], and probably won’t stay as [name_u]Sam[/name_u] forever either.)
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] ‘Eli’ [name_m]Jenson[/name_m] (originally named, as in what-he-was-named-at-birth [name_u]Harper[/name_u], because I wanted to tie him in with [name_u]Austen[/name_u] in terms of the literary stuff — for reasons. Still retains the middle name ‘Rose’, mostly because he doesn’t get the point of changing it when nobody knows what it is outside of his family anyway.)

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] book is coming out [name_u]October[/name_u] 4th.

The female MC is [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] [name_m]Hampton[/name_m] and the male MC is [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Shaw[/name_u]!

2 Likes

I have a book character question, but maybe this isn’t the best place. I have a book that I’m expecting to write in several years, so I want to kind of predict the future. I need a name that’s unassuming at first and would fit “guy next door” but also wouldn’t look out of place on a hero. I’m thinking [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] from mission impossible type thing. Originally I had “Eric,” but I realized most of the Eric’s I know are probably my parents generation, so in the future it would seem kind of older. Would [name_m]Evander[/name_m] fit the bill now, or is it still too edgy? I don’t know if that makes sense lol. I’m thinking E names by the way!

1 Like

I’m finally getting around to writing my mystery series so yay!

The main character’s name is [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Lacey[/name_f] [name_m]Morris[/name_m] but she goes by [name_f]Carly[/name_f]. Her little sister’s name is [name_u]Skye[/name_u] [name_u]Louise[/name_u] [name_m]Morris[/name_m] and Carly’s love interest is [name_u]Jackson[/name_u] [name_m]Foster[/name_m].

The victim in the first book is [name_f]Meg[/name_f] [name_m]Greene[/name_m] (short for Nutmeg)

2 Likes

[name_m]Alistair[/name_m] ‘Alec’ [name_u]Hendrix[/name_u]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] ‘Cora’ [name_u]Hendrix[/name_u]
[name_u]Loren[/name_u] [name_u]Frost[/name_u]
[name_u]Rue[/name_u] Arison
[name_u]Mallory[/name_u] ‘Mal’ [name_m]Percival[/name_m]

A Firsthand Account of the Resistance against Zaiada Oneling and [name_f]My[/name_f] Part In It
[name_f]Rina[/name_f] Miyali [name_u]Jade[/name_u]
[name_f]Ismay[/name_f] Ennali [name_u]Jade[/name_u]
Sylfa Reyanli [name_f]Lapis[/name_f]
Anro Tazali [name_f]Topaz[/name_f]
[name_u]Arra[/name_u] Dorarli Sunstone
[name_f]Elda[/name_f] Arieli [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
(Characters in this story are named in a very specific way-- Trochaic given name, name of a parent [which one depends on birth order] with the suffix -li, birth year [years are named after gemstones and the Cycle resets every six years]. Zaiada Oneling’s real name is [name_f]Ada[/name_f] Tashali Lapis)

Please Excuse [name_u]Ash[/name_u] and [name_u]Briar[/name_u]. They Have To Save The World.
[name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]William[/name_u] [name_m]Wood[/name_m] “Ash”
[name_u]Briar[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_m]Wood[/name_m]
[name_u]Taika[/name_u] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] Amberflaw
[name_f]Melantha[/name_f] [name_f]Edana[/name_f] Amberflaw (villain)
Also, [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] Whistlecheer gets an honorable mention, due to being so far from cheery that she would never be caught dead whistling xD

[name_f]Iisha[/name_f] and the [name_f]Secret[/name_f] of Zylraie
Staeriisha Azehlei Szeyia “Iisha”
Tellav Zellaho Thloa
Anaema Talleiroei
Taechkeeap
(All of these were written in my notebook from when I was a small child, so… make of that what you will)

Another story has a main character named Silvestara Gloryhammer “Silvy” and her friend/teacher/mentor/time-travel-accomplice is technically named [name_m]Tolkien[/name_m] but is referred to exclusively as [name_f]Hat[/name_f] by [name_f]Silvy[/name_f], because reasons.

1 Like