What are your twins' names?

I am about to start working on a blog post all about naming twins. The trends for twin names, the different ways to go about naming twins, etc. I’d like to get some real twin names to feature, and share how you decided to name your twins.

Did you pick two family names? Two similar sounding names? Names that started with the same letter, but had a different sound? Did you go off of name meaning? Or did you simply just pick two of your favorite names? I’d really like to hear your take on naming twins.

I don’t have twins, but I am a teacher and had twins in my class two years ago names [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] and [name_f]Nadia[/name_f], the mom explained that it was because one is the other backwards. I always thought that was cute. :slight_smile:

I don’t have twins either, but I am a twin. My name is [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] Fr@nces and my twin sister’s name is [name_f]Gretel[/name_f] M@rgo. Our first names are both just names they loved, and our middle names are family names. They had decided that I, as the more “active” one in the womb, would be called [name_f]Jemima[/name_f]. They had a few back up names in case our names didn’t suit us, but apparently they suited us perfectly! My dad actually assigned the names while my mum was recovering from her C-section :wink:
We’re both 20. I’m kind of hoping to have twins myself some day!

I have twin brothers. [name_m]Thom[/name_m]@s K3ith and l0uis P@ul. Both middles are family names which is weird as the rest of the siblings don’t have family middles. I think T0m was supposed to be something more interesting like L0uis ([name_m]French[/name_m] pronounciation) but when he was born mum said he was a serious little thing that had to have a serious and sturdy name.

I am expecting twin girls and can’t stand it when people name their twins with matching initials or rhyming names. I feel strongly that each should be treated as an individual. (I also can’t stand when parents give singleton siblings names that start with the same letter or rhyme…) I feel like rhyming and matching names makes them an automatic pair.

Our method for choosing names was simply based on names we liked. We also considered popularity, as we don’t want them to have 2 other people in their class with their name.

I have twin cousins called [name_u]Kyle[/name_u] (b) and [name_f]Amber[/name_f] (g) - I’m not sure how my aunty named them though!

The only twins I know are [name_u]Sydney[/name_u] (g) and [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] (b).

I know twins called [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] and [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] and another set called [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Serena[/name_f].

One of my closest friends is a twin and her 2 younger siblings are twins as well. Their dad is Italian, so all their names are Italian. The first set of twins are [name_u]Andrea[/name_u] and [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] and the second set are [name_f]Daniella[/name_f] and [name_m]Mario[/name_m]. They have an older sister named [name_u]Christy[/name_u] ([name_f]Christina[/name_f]).

I am currently expecting twins although we don’t know the genders yet I do have a few favorite combos. Some have the same amount of syllables, some have matching first initials, some are ethnically matching, etc. I have a list that I started to keep up with a few unique twin name combos. You can check it out here. A List of Unique Twin Name Pairings | Nameberry

I do not have twins, but I have a niece and a nephew who are twins- [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] and [name_f]Lauren[/name_f]. They are 2 years old now.

My friend has 3 year old twins - [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] & [name_m]Fraser[/name_m]. Both named after relatives, but I can’t remember what relation they are to her now!

My brothers are twins. They are 15 and their names are [name_m]Alec[/name_m] and [name_m]Jared[/name_m]. [name_m]Jared[/name_m] was a longtime love of my mom’s and [name_m]Alec[/name_m] was chosen because they thought it was handsome and was less popular than the runner up, [name_m]Adam[/name_m], the year they were born. My parents didn’t want anything within the top 50. I like that the names are individual as opposed to being matchup.

My name is [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] [name_f]Maria[/name_f] while my sister’s was [name_f]Rhea[/name_f] [name_u]Hayden[/name_u]. The first names, I’m pretty sure, were picked by my mother because of her own opinions. The middle names were to honor my grandparents.

My third and fourth child are twin siblings. The boy is named [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m] while the girl is [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Serafine[/name_f]. [name_m]Charles[/name_m] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] I thought were cute twin names, plus [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] was my mother-in-law’s name while her older brother was named [name_m]Charles[/name_m]. My husband wanted to honor both of them, so [name_m]Charles[/name_m] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] were the pick over [name_m]Grayson[/name_m] and [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f]. [name_m]Charles[/name_m]'s middle name is a tribute to the poet while [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]'s is a character in a book I read a long time ago. It had suddenly popped into my head so I thought why not.

I am a twin and my sisters name is [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] [name_f]Desiree[/name_f] and I’m [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f].

Thanks guys for participating! I have almost finished the post. I appreciate everyone pitching it, but I only included the posts that told how/why the twins were named what they were named, because this post is about the different ways you can name twins. Again, thanks so much! Be sure to go check out the post! :slight_smile:

I have twin nieces named [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]

Perhaps too late for you to need it, but my neighbor just had her second set of twin girls, so she now has:

M@ry and M0nica
Ch1ara and C0llette

She did want them to match a bit, but mostly chose based on the saints they prayed to during pregnancy.

I know a lot of twin sets, such as: [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] & [name_m]Graham[/name_m], [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] & [name_u]Jordan[/name_u], [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] & [name_u]Dylan[/name_u], [name_f]Britney[/name_f] & [name_u]Ashley[/name_u], Riker & [name_u]Ashley[/name_u], [name_u]James[/name_u] ([name_m]Jim[/name_m]) & [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] ([name_u]Tony[/name_u]), and [name_f]Mallory[/name_f] & [name_u]Chandler[/name_u]

I’m a twin!

My Name: [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Anatolia[/name_f]
My [name_f]Sister[/name_f]'s Name: [name_f]Paige[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Flora[/name_f]

My parent’s were driving one day and saw the store [name_m]Brooks[/name_m] Brothers, and thought the feminine alternative ([name_u]Brooke[/name_u]) was a good choice. My sister was named after one of my dad’s co-workers, just because he liked the name. Our middle names are long to make up for our one-syllable first names :slight_smile:

[name_f]Anatolia[/name_f] is my confirmation name (which I use instead of [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]) and [name_f]Flora[/name_f] is my sister’s confirmation name (after the Disney character).