What color of names do you like?

I think it’s pretty common for Berries and others that love names to have synesthesia. I didn’t realize that I had it until I heard about it, and my interest in names made a lot more sense (of course I also like them because I love language and history!). Anyway for girls my favorite first names are commonly green; [name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f] (which is sometimes yellow), and [name_f]Fern[/name_f]. For boys the color doesn’t matter as much but I think I like more Reds and [name_m]Blues[/name_m] And sometimes green. What colors are your favorite names?

I know with mine, they not only have colors but transparency/opaqueness. For example [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is transparent and [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] is very opaque.

6 Likes

I wish I could do that! I have no idea what color I would assign to any of my favorite names! I feel like my names are in general very [name_f]Spring[/name_f]-y, so maybe light pinks and yellows? I really don’t know…

If you tell me them I can tell you what colors I see haha

1 Like

They’re all in my user card, but to name a few:
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_u]Skye[/name_u]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f]

[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_m]Judah[/name_m]
[name_m]Levi[/name_m]
[name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m]

2 Likes

I definitely associate colors to names!

Here are my top names atm.

Fergus to me is a dark evergreen color, with splotches of brown and grey. It’s a very mellow yet strong name to me.

Fraser is bright blood red. It’s ferocious and strong.

Jameson is soft blue with little patches of navy in there. He’s soft and sturdy.

Atlas is royal blue, bright gold, and a deep purple. This name is all royalty to me.

Seamus is grey, like the color of the sky during a snow storm. [name_m]Seamus[/name_m] is steady, calm name to me.

Hamish is all yellows and bright greens. He’s happy and always puts a smile on my face.

Jemison is bright purple and green. She’s spunky yet serious and very strong.

Sailor is crystal blue. She’s playful and chaotic.

Remington is bright orange and pink. She’s quiet and stunning.

Astoria is blue, purple, black and all galaxy. She’s bright, fun, but serious and reliable.

2 Likes

Rose- red
[name_f]Emma[/name_f]- green
[name_u]June[/name_u]- yellow/orange
[name_f]Joy[/name_f]- [name_m]Gold[/name_m]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f]- brown
[name_u]Skye[/name_u]- translucent blue
[name_f]Anya[/name_f]- reddish pink

Wesley- [name_u]Green[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u]- [name_u]Red[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]- green
[name_m]Judah[/name_m]- mustard
[name_m]Levi[/name_m]- green
[name_m]William[/name_m]- yellow
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]- yellow
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m]- [name_u]Green[/name_u]

i love your names!

4 Likes

It’s so cool to see how differently two people see names! For example your [name_m]Seamus[/name_m] is green to me and [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] is super red. :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks! Very interesting to see this! Some of the names listed, such as [name_u]Skye[/name_u] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f], were pretty self explanatory! I kind of see [name_u]June[/name_u] as light purple and [name_f]Laura[/name_f] as dark green, but I had almost no idea for the rest! So fascinating to see different people’s perspectives on this!

1 Like

[name_f]Cherith[/name_f] to me is red, [name_f]Sarai[/name_f] is deep and velvety blue, [name_f]Mabli[/name_f] is pale blue and [name_f]Una[/name_f] is turquoise. [name_m]Sholto[/name_m] is forresty green and [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] is royal blue. I guess I like names that are blue :grin:

2 Likes

Many of the names I love are plum red in colour or some variation of a deep, rich, red-wine red - June, Amelie, Mirabel, Juno, Remy, Bastian, Jem, Rafael, Jude, Milo, Rory, Miro, Elio, Jasper, Rex. Hugo fits into that category too, although it’s a little less clear to me. Clementine is a deep, dusty pink colour (despite the fruit!). I’d say generally the names I love are dark in colour, or rich; for example, Astrid, Lyra, Thea and Atlas are either a dark blue or perhaps purple, and August, Caspian, Freya, Liv and Margaux are a sage or olive green colour. Strangely enough, I struggle to identify a colour for one of my favourite names, Matilda… Sometimes I think it’s yellow/blonde but I’m not sure. Oscar is also yellow.

2 Likes

Cohen: bright, rich cerulean blue
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]: soft, warm grey
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]: all sorts of greens. Deep [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] green some days, other days it’s a bright spring green
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]: translucent ocean blue
[name_m]Forrest[/name_m]: deep, rich greens and earthy tones
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]: muted oranges and reds

Pearl: milky white and pastel pink
[name_f]Ida[/name_f]: baby pink
[name_u]Fifer[/name_u]: pastel, sunny yellow
[name_f]Nellie[/name_f]: spring green
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]: faded denim blue
[name_u]June[/name_u]: sunset orangey pink

I love comforting, rich colors for boys and bright spring colors for girls.

3 Likes

OMG THIS IS SO WEIRD
I was literally JUST about to create a thread called Naming Synesthesia!!! !! !! That’s crazy!!!

Anyway, not all of my names have a color to them, so I’ll just describe the ones that have noticable hues to them.

Ophelia- this is like a twilight blue
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]- deep indigo
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f]- pale purple
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]- a nice pinky tone like #c45681 mixed with a little yellowy-orangey
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]- deep purple
[name_u]June[/name_u]- deep purple but not as dark as [name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]- pure red
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]- a neat pink
[name_f]Thessaly[/name_f]- a nice green
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]- a pretty blue-purple
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]- totally red and yellow (separately, not mixed)

It’s odd, it seems that the colors I see most clearly attached to names are blues, purples, and pinks!

I can’t stop thinking about how crazy this coincidence is!!! !!! !!! !!

3 Likes

ooh I really love the yellow names, but I usually have pictures come to mind. These are some of my favorite names; also the ones with the best imagery

Rhian for either gender to me is dark, snarky, sarcastic, mysterious, and guarded, but loyal, and with his/her friends is super sweet and silly. Maybe likes black and dark clothing.

Zedekiah is a dark-skinned, gray-eyed, boy with curly short black hair. He is mischievous and silly, sweet, and loyal.

Echo is energetic and very kind and sympathetic. She has warm brown eyes and short, wavy brown hair tied up in pigtails.

this is actually what I think of when I hear or see these names!
:smile:
Lynette - every time I think of this wonderful name( btw I do know a lady named Lynette, my CCD teacher) I see a birk, I think it’s a lark, soaring low around a meadow next to a majestic, tan, stone castle, whistling a cheery tune. Faye is a cheerful, sweet, bright girl skipping around with her hair flowing, in that meadow next to the castle, next to a girl named Meadow , who is very similar to Faye, except even more energetic and spunky. She is running and skipping too. Felicity is with both of them, carrying a basket and twirling around, her knee-length skirt blowing in the wind, and her beautiful orange hair tied up in two braids. In that meadow there is a small pond, and next to Meadow and Faye is Ondina , by that lake, with her curly light blonde hair, freckles, and blue eyes, and small smile. She is sitting there, lost in her wonderful thoughts. Aerilyn is there too, collecting wildflowers, her medium brown hair flowing in the wind. She is light and airy, smiling, and dreamlike. Auburn is standing at the edge of that meadow, by a forest. He has brown short hair with a tinge of red. He is serious but kind. Alice is mysterious, sometimes sad, sometimes happy, but always at the edge of the forest, with her white bicycle.She always has a smile, whether sad or happy, cause she changes moods, and is wearing a white pinafore and black shoes. She has tan/sandy light brown shoulder lenght hair that is slightly wavy. Fabian is standing by the castle, sometimes he’s on one of the walkways in the large walls, and he has brown hair cut in a side bang and smiling brown eyes. He is softly kind and sweet. He loves reading. Now a bit deeper into that aforementioned forest, there is a little sapphire blue fay/fairy. The forest is very dark, and this usually takes place at night. Seraphina and Sabrina are dark-haired girls, walking towards a beautiful pond surrounded by mist and willow trees with leaves trailing into the water. The moon is bright in the midnight sky if it’s dark, casting a soft but brilliant glow upon the water. [name_f]Misty[/name_f] and [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] are standing their, graceful, flowy, and ethereal. Lorelle , the queen or ruler-like woman, is standing by the castle, looking queenly and magestic with her long, wavy, brown hair and blue and purple dress flowing. Soren has blonde hair and clear blue eyes. He looks warrior-like as he stands at the castle. Evander is somewhere around the forest or castle, his position changes, but he is usually with a sparrow. Sparrow is with the bird by Evander. He or she, depending on what gender I am thinking of for the name, has straight, light brown, short hair or long for a girl. Bramble and Briar are standing at the edge of the meadow together, next to the forest. They are twins, though not identical cause Bramble is a boy and Briar is a girl. They both have dark brown hair with auburn highlights. Juniper is at her or his (depending on which gender I am thinking of the name being) tree a little bit farther into the forest. The sun is shining through the leaves. Her hair is tied up in pigtails, and she is wearing jeans shorts.

5 Likes

the names with the best colors are probably

Iris - swirling opal and iridescent pale lilac, periwinkle, and melon on a white background.

Caspian: a swirling sea of colors and literally a stormy sea; teal, cadet blue, gray-blue, white capped waves

Minette - about #ee8888; a brightish pastel melon color

Ember; the color of beautifully glowing embers; fiery orange.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say I actually have synesthesia but I definitely associate colors to names. Most of my signature favorites are green ([name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] is pink/green, [name_f]Faye[/name_f], [name_u]Vivian[/name_u], [name_f]Cecily[/name_f], and [name_u]June[/name_u] are all very green, and [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] is green/blue) though I have a lot of names in my new summer lists I’m working on that are dark purple and blue or light blue and yellow.
I’m actually surprised at how green my list is! :smile: :green_heart:

1 Like

My signature, colored
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]- green, pink, and brown- flowers on a leafy branch
[name_f]Leona[/name_f]- red, orange
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]- spring green
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]- fiery, bright, oranges and reds
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]- navy blue
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]- green
[name_u]June[/name_u]- deep summer green
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]- shiny pale pink
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]- light blue/green aqua
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]- green
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]- subdued and shimmery deep shades of green and blue
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]- bright lime green
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]- bright pink
[name_u]Calypso[/name_u]- tropical ocean blue
[name_f]Reverie[/name_f]- soft, translucent violet

2 Likes

I remember thinking about this with my sons’ names. [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is a deep garnet red to me and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] is forest green. I didn’t pick the names for the colors but I definitely associate those colors with the names. I remember thinking it was odd reading that many jasper stones are red because it just seems like such a green name.
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is lilac.
[name_m]Griffin[/name_m] is gold.
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] is also gold.
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] is ruby red (probably from the rose association)
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m] is gray.
[name_u]Rex[/name_u] is bright yellow.

2 Likes

My girls names are almost always purple. Any shade of purple really (indigo purple - [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f], [name_f]Drucilla[/name_f]; grey-purple - [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f], [name_f]Selene[/name_f]; lavender - [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], [name_f]Farah[/name_f], [name_f]Jacinda[/name_f], [name_f]Arabella[/name_f]; royal purple - [name_f]Hestia[/name_f], [name_f]Helena[/name_f]). Strangly though my top two names lean more towards magenta/pink ([name_f]Persephone[/name_f] & [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]), my third in rank is very light yellow/gold ([name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]), and fourth is mossy green ([name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]).

For middle names for I lean more towards yellow and gold and silver and black “starlight” or “moonlight” colours (yellow/gold - [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f], [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], [name_f]Diana[/name_f], [name_u]Marian[/name_u], [name_f]Celia[/name_f], [name_f]Eliana[/name_f], [name_f]Evolet[/name_f]; silver - [name_f]Selena[/name_f], Rhae-[name_u]Anne[/name_u], [name_u]Leigh[/name_u], [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]; black (twinges blue, indigo, purple) - Owl, [name_f]Rahab[/name_f], [name_u]Vesper[/name_u], Hymn, [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f], [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u]).

Some of my names are pretty miscellaneous ([name_f]Meg[/name_f] and [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f] are magenta/purple, [name_u]Jean[/name_u] and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] are cornflower blue and gold, [name_f]Tatiana[/name_f] is dark blue, [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is bright, vibrant blue, [name_f]Rhea[/name_f] and [name_u]Eden[/name_u] are green, ect.)

For boys they’re all shades of forest and moss greens and teals (this includes [name_m]Damon[/name_m], [name_m]Gareth[/name_m], [name_m]Fagan[/name_m], [name_u]Taran[/name_u], [name_u]Remington[/name_u], [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m], [name_m]Judah[/name_m], [name_u]Micah[/name_u], [name_u]Percy[/name_u], [name_m]Jedidiah[/name_m], [name_m]Koda[/name_m], [name_m]Boaz[/name_m], [name_m]Azaiah[/name_m], [name_m]Galahad[/name_m], [name_m]Melchior[/name_m], [name_m]Psalm[/name_m], [name_u]Elias[/name_u], [name_m]Emrys[/name_m], Mordred, [name_m]Canaan[/name_m], [name_m]Kalixto[/name_m]). [name_m]Anakin[/name_m] is bronze, [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m] is vibrant gold, [name_m]Saint[/name_m] is starlight yellow, [name_u]Monroe[/name_u], [name_u]Raven[/name_u], [name_u]Denver[/name_u], [name_u]Winter[/name_u], [name_u]Kit[/name_u], and [name_u]Peace[/name_u] are blues, and [name_m]Hezekiah[/name_m] and [name_f]Hope[/name_f] are purple.

I mainly like names that feel like the night sky or a forest in shadows, very dark and fairytale-esque.

2 Likes

That’s so weird! You have so many lovely names, I think I’m most surprised that [name_u]June[/name_u] is deep purple. It’s such a light name to me!

1 Like

:grinning:Such thorough and intriguing images! [name_u]Love[/name_u] it

1 Like