What do you like about

Apologies if something similar has been done before!

Write what you like about the previous name (it can be short or long, practical or gushing!) and then respond with a name of your own. It can be one of your favorites, or one you dislike and want to see the appeal of.

I’ll start with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f].

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] for its strength and sophistication, not to mention literary namesake [name_u]Jo[/name_u] [name_u]March[/name_u] and darling nn [name_u]Josie[/name_u]. <3

Eliza

3 Likes

Eliza is short simple but spunky! It feels like it can never go out of style and will always be a preference over other E names for me! So beautiful.

Phoebe

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] for it’s offbeat sound and “bright” meaning! It’s familiar but still feels fresh.

Mary?

1 Like

I like [name_f]Mary[/name_f] for its deep roots and history and worldwide use. I like how many offshoots, variants and nicknames there are. Also, I love the [name_m]Jimi[/name_m] [name_u]Hendrix[/name_u] song ‘The wind cries [name_f]Mary[/name_f]’ :slight_smile:

Liberty?

1 Like

It’s a lovely virtue name that doesn’t put much pressure on your child. It also has such a cute, spunky sound and [name_f]Libby[/name_f] is a great nickname!

Legend (b)?

Legend makes me think of leaving a legacy, which is a concept that’s always fascinated me.

Saoirse (because I’ve just changed my name to it and I need reassurance)

1 Like

It’s a strong and unique name! It has a lovely Irish history and I love the meaning, “freedom”. Also, [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f] is a lovely name for you!

Lana?

1 Like

Elegant sounding name that feels like it would work well across multiple languages, and could go with a lot of different types of middle names (or be a great middle itself). I also like that it’s uncommon enough to not be heard all the time while not being common enough to be everywhere.

What do you like about [name_u]Simone[/name_u]?

1 Like

In my head I picture a jazz singer, singing in a little, moody restaurant in [name_u]Paris[/name_u]. It feels like a mature, musical name to me.
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f].

1 Like

I really like [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] it’s a sweet upbeat choice feels spunky and seems to fit in well with the British [name_m]Daily[/name_m] Telegraph birth announcements which is always a cool vibe. Very vogue choice. I also like the nickname [name_f]Tabby[/name_f] even though it does have strong cat associations :cat2:

Lilia? Recently chosen this one for my daughter due in [name_u]February[/name_u] as Mrs Indecisive seeking reassurance

4 Likes

Lilia is the name of the eldest child of [name_u]Jess[/name_u] - a fantastic Youtuber I follow -channel name jesssfam. Her [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] is a beautiful, kind and talented girl! [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] has a beautiful, lilting sound. It’s rare enough to have exotic vibes yet immediately identifiable as a name and easy to spell!

Jolie?

1 Like

Jolie is a beautiful alternative to the popular [name_u]Julie[/name_u], with the same soft & pretty vibes. A gorgeous [name_u]French[/name_u] word, too.

Eden?

2 Likes

Eden is simplistic elegance. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the meaning behind it too.
It’s wholesome and radiates warmth to me.

Clara

2 Likes

@EdgeOfTheMeadow just wanted to say thank you & going to look up that YouTuber!

1 Like

I love that [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is crisp and clean and quintessentially festive. I always think of fresh snow when I hear [name_f]Clara[/name_f]!

Tuuli?

1 Like

Not sure how it is pronounced but it sounds so fresh and unique!

Valentine

(just “too lee” :))

How it’s romantic and dramatic without being frilly or sounding like you’re making up italian names on the spot. I also love the way it looks - clean and historical :slight_smile:

Hecate (HECK-uh-tee)?

Hecate has so many lovely associations in Greek mythology, it looks and sounds sweet & fresh and just gives me strength vibes!

Gideon?

1 Like