What. Has. Happened?

Oh my gosh, I haven’t been on here in a while and it looks so different! It doesn’t even look like Nameberry anymore. :frowning:

Well, I hope this is nicer for everyone, but so far, it’s laid out really oddly for a forum to me and too stark without the nice colors.
The old site was riddled with ads, it’s true, but I still got bombarded with two pop-ups as I came on. Grrrrrr.

[name_f]My[/name_f] old account would not work, which I’m assuming means that I’ve lost all my previous posts? I was actually coming to look for those…

2 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @Tee_Time,

It must be a bit of a surprise for sure!

You might find this quick start guide helpful as you get to grips with the new platform. There is lots of basic info about navigation, new features, and where to go for extra help there.

As for the appearance, I am currently looking into bringing some more colour back in, so watch this space!

What was your old username? Your old account should still work and your posts shouldn’t have been lost. If you’re struggling to log in I will hopefully be able to help.

ETA: For timezone reasons, I’m logging off for tonight (it’s after midnight here). But please let me know your username, either here or via PM, and I’ll look into it tomorrow morning. Didn’t want you to think I was ignoring you if I don’t reply straight away!

Thank you for the reply.

My old username was Tee-nee. But it is not allowing me to login and I no longer have the email associated with the account, so can’t change the password. It’s okay, I did a search and found like two of my old posts, but that was it.

No problem, you don’t have to look into it, but thanks!

Hi @Tee_Time,

I’ve found your old account, join date Feb 2016 and with just over 200 posts.

I can definitely fix this for you. Here are the options:

1. I can merge the accounts so that all your posts as @tee-nee are brought over to this new username. You’ll have all your old posts but your name will still be @Tee_Time and your join date will be 2020. I can do this myself quickly.

2. I can merge the accounts so that you’re @tee-nee again. You will have all your old posts (and the few you’ve made as @Tee_Time) and your join date will be 2016 again. This step will require me to send your new email address to our tech team to be updated manually, which could take up to a day.

Let me know what you’d prefer. Apologies for the inconvenience!

1 Like

Thank you very much for looking into this. I appreciate the effort, but it’s okay. You don’t have to merge anything. I can keep this account. Thanks again and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

OK, if you’re sure. [name_m]Just[/name_m] let me know if you change your mind. You too! :sunny:

I’m not a huge fan of the new format. The old one looked nicer in my opinion