What has your name been misheard as?

…I’ve gotten [name_f]Gianna[/name_f], [name_f]Jadah[/name_f], [name_u]Jay[/name_u], [name_f]Gaia[/name_f], Gaida, and surprisingly… [name_f]Leah[/name_f] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f]! :grinning:

4 Likes

Literally everything ending in an -ia sound – [name_f]Julia[/name_f] and [name_u]Maria[/name_u] most commonly, but also [name_f]Mia[/name_f], [name_f]Rhea[/name_f], and [name_f]Alia[/name_f] as well.

I also mishear other names as my own all the time :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

[name_f]Emily[/name_f]

3 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] dead name; [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]

3 Likes

[name_f]Roxanne[/name_f], [name_f]Rosa[/name_f], [name_f]Lisanne[/name_f], [name_f]Marianne[/name_f], and basically every other name ending in -anne :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

[name_u]Ash[/name_u] and [name_u]Jess[/name_u] :slight_smile:

2 Likes

[name_f]Becky[/name_f] is the main one (my name is Beth)

2 Likes

Lukey/Lukie (Like [name_m]Luke[/name_m] with an ee on the end)
There definitely more but I can’t remember exactly what right now, I’ve been mistaken for a lot of names that have a ss sound in the middle and ee sound on the end

2 Likes

[name_f]Leah[/name_f] and [name_u]Liam[/name_u] are the most common (I think people mishear my name as [name_f]Leah[/name_f] more often than hearing it correctly… [name_m]Even[/name_m] with a very strong “n”), also [name_f]Rihanna[/name_f], [name_f]Brianna[/name_f], [name_f]Lina[/name_f] and [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Pizza :grin: Only similarity is my name also ends in -za

4 Likes

[name_f]Veronica[/name_f] & [name_f]Rebekah[/name_f]

I get [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] as I’m [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] but [name_f]Rebekah[/name_f] seems rather random :joy::joy:

5 Likes

[name_u]Shelley[/name_u] has been misheard as [name_u]Shirley[/name_u] a lot and misremembered as [name_f]Kylie[/name_f] and [name_f]Sienna[/name_f]! I’d rather be [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] - a much more interesting name that mine, I think! :smile:

3 Likes

Anything ending in the -eren sound or similar. [name_u]Seren[/name_u], Keren…

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] birthname is [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] and never got misheard as anything, just got called [name_f]Alice[/name_f] once because she said “Oh, I thought it was [name_f]Alice[/name_f] because they are both popular names and I heard [name_f]Alice[/name_f] but I might be wrong”, my chosen name [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] never got misspelled too neither.

2 Likes

I was born Celia - and every time I introduced myself people would hear Sylvia! I actually like Sylvia a lot more so I didn’t mind :sweat_smile: I’ve also gotten Sofia and even Lydia, once.

2 Likes

[name_f]Celia[/name_f] is such a beautiful name, I love it, you were so lucky!

3 Likes

[name_f]Anna[/name_f], most frequently! I like it as a nickname though. Others were [name_f]Alina[/name_f] and [name_u]Aria[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] name can be misheard as a lot of things, these are the ones that are legitimate names :joy:

2 Likes

usually [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], although I have once misheard it as [name_f]Annalise[/name_f] :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

[name_f]Maja[/name_f] and [name_f]Marta[/name_f]. I’m a [name_u]Maria[/name_u].

2 Likes

[name_f]Rapunzel[/name_f]. :exploding_head: That’s my most favorite mishearing ever! Second to that is [name_f]Hailey[/name_f], which is a surprisingly common think people mistake my name (which is Hazel) for.

2 Likes