What is the WORST name you've ever heard?

So…what’s the worst name you’ve ever heard? The weirdest spelt name you’ve ever heard? I want to hear em all. So get commenting!

I’ve met many over the years. When I was in elementary school, there was a girl a few grades ahead of me with the name Breezy. The poor girl was tormented by her classmates who constantly referred to her as “Easy Breezy.” When I moved states, I ended up going to school with a girl named Vanilla [name_u]Sky[/name_u]. She hated her name with a passion and ended up changing it as soon as she got the chance.
And at my last job working at a bakery, I had to write many terrible names on cakes.
The worst ones were definitely twin girls named Celebrity and Luxurie, a little boy named Superb, and a little girl named Coopa.
There were also two brothers named [name_m]Denim[/name_m] and English, though they are slightly less cringey.

Oh, also, the other day while I was at work, I heard a woman calling her daughter, [name_f]Dixie[/name_f].
One of my coworkers pointed out that once she hits middle school, that poor girl was going to be known as insert slang for male genitalia here. That’s just awful and I really hope that doesn’t happen to that poor girl.

My most disliked that is overused = [name_f]Neveah[/name_f]

A few people I went to school with:
Shineeqwuah - Can’t quite remember exact spelling (who could?), but it was very butchered…
Royil/[name_m]Justus[/name_m]/[name_u]Reign[/name_u] - Siblings. Yes, the first two were spelled that way. I actually don’t mind [name_u]Royal[/name_u]/[name_u]Justice[/name_u]/[name_u]Reign[/name_u], but not together like that.
Shithead - Well I didn’t go to school with her, but I knew an adult who had this lovely girl in her class. Supposedly pronounced ‘shih-theed’. Absolutely disgusting, should’ve been banned by the national name registry. Poor girl.

A friend of mine is from [name_u]Lake[/name_u] [name_u]Tahoe[/name_u] and their last name is [name_u]Salmon[/name_u]. They named their first daughter “[name_u]Taylor[/name_u] Creek” because [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] Creek is a place in [name_u]Lake[/name_u] [name_u]Tahoe[/name_u] where the salmon spawn. They once went to a restaurant which had a dish called “[name_u]Taylor[/name_u] Creek [name_u]Salmon[/name_u]” and they got it for free because it was their daughter’s actual name.

I knew a kid named Buckshot Duck, and I see a lot of interesting spellings and names at work. [name_f]Jazmyn[/name_f], [name_f]Jasmeen[/name_f], [name_f]Jesika[/name_f], [name_f]Princess[/name_f], [name_u]Lyric[/name_u], and [name_m]King[/name_m] being some of the more interesting ones I can remember. ([name_m]King[/name_m] was his first name, not his last. his last name was [name_m]Johnson[/name_m] or something like that.)

Kyratsula- Really terrible and old fashioned
Medusa - Youre gonna name your kid after an ugly monster??
[name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_f]Abigail[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] etc - So popular theyve lost their charm
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Grace[/name_f] as middle names, so boring
Myckynzie and other names spelled terribly
[name_m]Way[/name_m] too word-y word names like [name_m]Cotton[/name_m]

The worst standalone names are definitely [name_f]Shadoe[/name_f] and [name_u]Teal[/name_u]. Both were boys.

Worst name combined with surname would be my mom’s friend [name_m]Harold[/name_m] [name_m]Dick[/name_m]. He went by [name_m]Harry[/name_m]. That or my old high school friend’s child [name_m]Ryder[/name_m] [name_m]Moore[/name_m].

Shithead pronounced shih-theed is an urban legend.

The worst names I’ve come across in real life are rhyming names for twins.

I think often these threads just have posters post fake names and stories. Besides that, I roll my eyes over these hate threads to begin with. They always bring ridiculous over reactions.

Dang ^^ Sorry you feel that way. I don’t even understand why anyone would create a story - just thought I’d participate & share something that I came across that has stuck with me for years.

You would have to ask the posters that make up stories or say they have met someone named Shithead, La-ah, etc or twins Orange Jello and Lemon Jello (lots of people have met these twins) as to why they do it.

Not saying that all the names are made up on these threads. People do meet people with interesting names. Long term posters can predict certain names that will be posted on these threads.

A couple years ago, I was at a trade show for work and my coworker introduced me to an [name_f]Indian[/name_f] family, who had moved here shortly before the birth of their first child. They had two young daughters, and since everyone was wearing nametags, I could see their names; Deepshita and Manshita. I immediately felt so sorry for these girls, and I don’t think their parents understood what they were naming them. It makes me sad that nobody told them what those names mean in [name_u]North[/name_u] [name_u]America[/name_u] when they were naming their children. I pray that her children aren’t teased or bullied for their names. Us Berries are very in tune with names and meanings, but some people are not.

[name_m]Buddy[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m] or whatever that celebrity’s child is. [name_m]Buddy[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m] is so disgraceful and patronizing; I bet he’ll develop some thick skin when he grows up.

Oh interesting. I can see that with La-ah (being able to tell) - that’s always the name I heard being talked about (off this site) when ‘unconventional’ names were being discussed.
I suppose I’m a little new to this, never really had much of an active participation on any site before! I hope I’m around long enough to gain a better intuition :slight_smile: So hard to decipher genuineness on the internet!

Nameberry seems to pull people in. I admit I am addicted. :smiley: It won’t take too long before you start noticing things.

Luckily I’ve not encountered any truly terrible names in real life. Having said that, the ‘name’ [name_f]Princess[/name_f] now ranks in the top 1000 here in the UK. Can’t imagine what kind of parents would consider it to be an appropriate choice. It honestly makes me cringe.

Tater. Yes, it was legal name. Poor child.

Oh my. I wonder what the thought process was when making that decision.

For me the worst offenders have double e endings - Averee, [name_f]Chelsee[/name_f], and [name_u]Finlee[/name_u] are all little girls in my extended circle. They’re so cutesy - I think people forget that their babies will eventually be adults, and I do not think grown women carry these well. I do note that this doesn’t happen to boys - go figure.

I actually quite like all of [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]'s children’s names. When you look at the first names, they are all quite usable (more than many nameberry faves on this site), although a little on the unusual side.

[name_f]Poppy[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Petal[/name_f], [name_m]Buddy[/name_m], [name_u]River[/name_u]. All used in [name_m]Britain[/name_m] by everyday folk, all easy to spell, all have at least some history of being used as a name.

[name_m]Buddy[/name_m]'s full name is actually [name_m]Buddy[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m] [name_u]Maurice[/name_u], which many people don’t even realise. [name_u]Maurice[/name_u] does seem to make the combo more 'Normal

I think you need to view each name individually.

[name_m]Buddy[/name_m] is actually used by many other people. Yes it is a sort of nickname, but nickname names are extremely popular in [name_m]Britain[/name_m] at the moment. (Where [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] and his family live) Such as [name_f]Honey[/name_f], [name_u]Freddie[/name_u], [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], [name_m]Tommy[/name_m] etc…[name_m]Buddy[/name_m] will probably blend in more than some American favourites in the UK ([name_m]Ryker[/name_m], [name_u]Jameson[/name_u], [name_u]Londyn[/name_u] etc…)

[name_m]Bear[/name_m] again is unusual, but is not unheard of as a baby name. There are many children with names like [name_m]Fox[/name_m], [name_m]Lion[/name_m], Brave etc… Bears do symbolise strength and power, which is why it may have been chosen.

I don’t tend to categorize names as bad so much as odd or (imo) unusable. Anyways, some of the more strange ones I’ve encountered…

Sh@terranic@ L33annd@wn - sha-tee-air-uh-nee-see-uh lee-ann-dawn. She was a very religious woman that I encountered while working the polls in the presidential primary.
[name_u]Denali[/name_u] - named after a place. Siblings: [name_m]Austin[/name_m], [name_f]Savannah[/name_f], and one that I forgot.

and tbh I don’t know anyone else with a weird name.